Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Script Challenge : Month 20

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 23/7/2010 2:21:39 PM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NickHilton

Much as i think that scrapping the anonymity would make running the challenge a more attractive proposition i think that anonymity is a good, if not essential, thing for the challenge.

A possible alternative is that once everyone has declared that they are taking part in the challenge then the Challenge Master could send messages to each person saying who they should email their script to (another person participating) then that person would post the other persons script. A little bit more complicated, but then noone would be posting their own script and each person would only know whose script one other is...

Just an idea....

Yeah you've got a point. I suppose the good thing about different people running the challenge is, at least to a certain extent, they can run it the way they want.

Even though it's been really quiet, I'm still surprised there aren't more scripts up. Maybe people are looking for a script's only thread, and aren't noticing this thread being updated. I considered starting a new thread for just scripts, but don't know if it's worth it, and it would require Monkeyfish posting their script again.

In other news, I'll give starting a challenge a shot in the next week or so, unless someone else does first

"Come on ladies, come on gentlemen, come on you trannies"

(in reply to NickHilton)
Post #: 61
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 24/7/2010 7:18:30 PM   
monkeyfish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Willie Mayes Hayes

quote:

Much as i think that scrapping the anonymity would make running the challenge a more attractive proposition i think that anonymity is a good, if not essential, thing for the challenge.

A possible alternative is that once everyone has declared that they are taking part in the challenge then the Challenge Master could send messages to each person saying who they should email their script to (another person participating) then that person would post the other persons script. A little bit more complicated, but then noone would be posting their own script and each person would only know whose script one other is...

Just an idea....

Yeah you've got a point. I suppose the good thing about different people running the challenge is, at least to a certain extent, they can run it the way they want.

Even though it's been really quiet, I'm still surprised there aren't more scripts up. Maybe people are looking for a script's only thread, and aren't noticing this thread being updated. I considered starting a new thread for just scripts, but don't know if it's worth it, and it would require Monkeyfish posting their script again.

In other news, I'll give starting a challenge a shot in the next week or so, unless someone else does first

I'll post my script again if people want it in a separate thread, but I think that perhaps there haven't been any other scripts because people either didn't manage to write one this month or have lost interest in the gap between the challenge and now. I think we'd be best just to call this month a write off and move on.

As for the anonymity thing. I agree that it is much better for the challenge in terms of being a fair contest to have scripts be anonymous. However, the contest aspect, the votes and the naming of a winner are not the most important aspect of it. What's most important is giving people an opportunity to write and read scripts and get feedback. We need a challenge that encourages people to write. If it's easier to get one going where people post their own scripts, then I'm ok with that.

Willie Mayes Hayes, if you want to do a new challenge, I'd say go ahead and get started.

What became of the Empire Script Challenge?

Bring it back, I say!

(in reply to Willie Mayes Hayes)
Post #: 62
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 5/8/2010 3:53:55 PM   
monkeyfish

If nobody else is jumping forward to put a new challenge together, then I'll do one for this month. Somebody else can then have the month after...

Bring it back, I say!

(in reply to monkeyfish)
Post #: 63
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 7/8/2010 7:36:18 AM   
NickHilton

I think you should go for it monkeyfish...

I'm willing to do another month, but i can't commit just yet because i'm not sure where i'll be living, but i promise i will at some point be available to help.

Cheers

Visit a film blog written by someone you don't know and who has little authority on the subject and whose blog should only be of interest to close friends and family....

www.theclapperbored.com

(in reply to monkeyfish)
Post #: 64
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 7/8/2010 7:20:18 PM   
monkeyfish

quote:

I think you should go for it monkeyfish...

I'm willing to do another month, but i can't commit just yet because i'm not sure where i'll be living, but i promise i will at some point be available to help.

Cheers

OK, new challenge will be up within the next few days.

Bring it back, I say!

(in reply to NickHilton)
Post #: 65
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 12/8/2010 8:29:46 AM   
monkeyfish

New challenge is up - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2812605 - we need people to get interested...

Bring it back, I say!

(in reply to monkeyfish)
Post #: 66
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 28/1/2014 6:13:36 PM   
Samuelpoet

I'm currently writing scripts in order to be produced professionally, and just stumbled across this, and wondered if anyone was still doing this?

There are plenty of creative out there, would anyone be interested in reviving "Empire Script Challenge" ?

(in reply to monkeyfish)
Post #: 67
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 29/1/2014 7:16:02 AM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

I'd love if the challenge came back, but there have been a few attempts to revive it, none of which have been particularly successful. I don't think there's much recurring traffic here either. I'd happily join in if it came back, but I don't see it getting much interest unfortunately

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 68
RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 - 31/1/2014 12:22:36 PM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

And now I'm wondering if maybe people aren't noticing new posts here because this thread is stickied

(in reply to Willie Mayes Hayes)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: Script Challenge : Month 20 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI