Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jack Ryan Headed To Moscow?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jack Ryan Headed To Moscow? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jack Ryan Headed To Moscow? - 12/4/2010 7:20:25 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 12/4/2010 7:20:25 AM   
ATHINODOROS

So what's wrong with "Debt of Honor" as a possible base for a script? That begun with a financial market disaster and ended as a US-Japanese war. They could make it work, somehow... I mean, they changed the wholle history line with "The Sum of all fears" why not go down the same road with any of the other books? 16 years ago Jack Ryan was a franchise worth taking to the big screen, but now... it just doesn't work.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
why bother? - 12/4/2010 10:18:32 AM   
leroythemasochist

i agree with Athinodoros - isn't this all a little bit Johnny come lately?
I have to assume it's all because the studios think they need a recognisable name for the character so people won't have to try and decide whether they shouild part with their cash.
OK, so the public went to see Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger because of star power but now it seems that a character can actually be a reason not to think up new ideas.
Bond is about the only character that this truly works for.
This Jack Ryan movie could be anything - doesn't have to be Ryan at all. If a studio had some guts they'd just change the name and try and start a new franchise.
but then that takes a lot more work and imagination - and as we know that sort of thing is in short supply these days.
I know! do it all mo-cap in 3D. That'll look ace!
i'm joking of course

Post #: 3
It's Red Rabbit - 12/4/2010 10:23:31 AM   
The Bantam Menace

Having read all the Ryan books, this sounds like it's gonna be a similar plot line to Red Rabbit, which was set in Moscow I think, and involved Ryan before he got into CIA.........................and it's crap!

Post #: 4
Why not start it up again - 12/4/2010 10:28:56 AM   
The Bantam Menace

They should do an 80's set Cold War thriller based on Cardinal Of The Kremlin I reckon.

Post #: 5
Timely - 12/4/2010 3:19:32 PM   
TheRealMacgyver

For a follow up they could have some terrorists who decide to defeat America by making everyone really fat so they put corn syrup in all the food.

Post #: 6
- 12/4/2010 5:39:57 PM   
steveg66

Why a new story? What's wrong with the original unmade novels. Apart from that, Chris Pine should be bloody getting his arse in gear for another Star Trek. I'd be a damn sight more interested if that was the news.

Post #: 7
- 13/4/2010 2:47:07 PM   
chris wootton

Why is this taking it's time in getting going? Because no-one gives a shit about it. Ryan had its day with Harrison Ford.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jack Ryan Headed To Moscow? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI