Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 2/10/2011 12:09:00 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

If anyone has a Lovefilm account, their streaming service has all the Batman: The Animated Series feature films on it at the moment. 

I have 'em all on R1 dvd - Good sets with great extras.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 151
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 2/10/2011 12:15:19 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM... It's lookin' good! Now, I'm glad that the likes of Conroy, Daly and my personal favourite, Michael (Smallville) Rosenbaum are back in action and Nathan Fillon is a good guy too but I miss the Phil LaMarr / John Stewart GL - That would've been a proper JL reunion.

You're right it would have been. Especially if they had brought back Hawkgirl too! Interesting that in the comic Tower of Babel, Green lantern is Kyle Rayner, yet here they've switched him to Hal Jordan...

Ah, I see... I haven't read that particular JLA story. I think the reason Hal is here instead of Kyle is probably 'cos he's been established in the live-action version for the mainstream audiences.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 152
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 2:03:09 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

It's great that they're getting (most of) the JL/JLU gang back together for Doom. From memory Tower Babel is a pretty Batman-centric story, good to see Conroy back in the chair voicing him.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 153
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 7:39:55 AM   
Vadersville

Let's face it. In terms of voice acting, Conroy IS Batman.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 154
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 7:49:37 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Let's face it. In terms of voice acting, Conroy IS Batman.

Absolutely.

Post #: 155
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 7:15:43 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Beware The Batman announced.

"According to Register, the CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick," says the site. "Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will explore the mythology’s more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but also won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes. In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin." source www.comingsoon.net

I don't like the sound of it. Why CGI???

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 156
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 7:19:32 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

"According to Register, the CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick," says the site. "Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will explore the mythology's more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but also won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes. In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin." source www.comingsoon.net

Say what, now?! NO. Just... NO.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 157
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 7:28:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

"According to Register, the CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick," says the site. "Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will explore the mythology's more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but also won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes. In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin." source www.comingsoon.net

Hahahah - the very final episode of Brave and the Bold took the piss out of a Batman CGI series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTw2xfPFWes&feature=related

I want more BATB dammit!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 158
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:35:51 PM   
Vadersville

Buggar BATB and bring back the DCAU!!!! Saw a Warner Bros flyer for upcoming DC merchandise in work today, Green Lantern the Animated Series was listed, as was TDKR and MOS...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 159
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:38:43 PM   
Rgirvan44

What I actully want is a weekly Bat Mite show where he rips the shit out of comic book fandom. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 160
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:46:07 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Ouch.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 161
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:51:39 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

What I actully want is a weekly Bat Mite show where he rips the shit out of comic book fandom. 

Meeee ow!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 162
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:53:20 PM   
Rgirvan44

Oh it is funny though. I mean when we have reached the point where dark and edgy means Catwoman and Batman actully shagging and it being drawn in a stupid way, the fanbase deserves a little cutting down. 

Post #: 163
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:56:39 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

Oh it is funny though. I mean when we have reached the point where dark and edgy means Catwoman and Batman actully shagging and it being drawn in a stupid way, the fanbase deserves a little cutting down. 

That's not the fanbase at all. Thats the writers of what many consider a very mishandled and unncessary reboot. I think you'll find most fans hate that particular event...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 164
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 9:57:56 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Funnily enough I do kind of agree with you. Everyone who says Batman SHOULD be dark and edgey seems to forget the 50's and 60's comics. DC different from Marvel in the respect that the way the characters have been delivered to audiances over the years has always been open to interpration and different tones etc. I love all the Batman flicks - even Batman and Robin - and welcome any and all interpratations of the Bats. Anyone who thinks it's not worth a damn after Nolan leaves is being very narrow minded.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 165
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 10:49:00 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Funnily enough I do kind of agree with you. Everyone who says Batman SHOULD be dark and edgey seems to forget the 50's and 60's comics. DC different from Marvel in the respect that the way the characters have been delivered to audiances over the years has always been open to interpration and different tones etc. I love all the Batman flicks - even Batman and Robin - and welcome any and all interpratations of the Bats. Anyone who thinks it's not worth a damn after Nolan leaves is being very narrow minded.

Exactly - I loved both the Animated Series and Brave and the Bold. But the number of fanboys who simply cannot accpet a funny version of Batman, who embraces a signifcant period of his history, and plays around with the character, disappoints me. And now we have a dark and gritty video game, a dark and girtty movie, and a dark and gritty CGI tv series - wheres the fun?

Post #: 166
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 10:57:28 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Being fun and light hearted is the new 'edgy and dark'. Always makes me laugh when you see some interview with a crew memeber or cast memeber from a film like Pirates, Transformers etc mention that sequel is gonna be 'darker, much more edgey than the original'. Really? Wow.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 167
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 4/10/2011 11:09:48 PM   
directorscut

quote:

And the '39 through the '40s comics.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 168
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 2:58:30 PM   
The REAL Bozz

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 5/10/2011 3:01:03 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 169
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 3:10:24 PM   
JIm R

quote:

No, just no, get out and stay out, go away 2013 series, you are not welcome.

Post #: 170
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 5:39:48 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Buggar BATB and bring back the DCAU!!!!

THIS.

Post #: 171
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 6:55:48 PM   
katkitty24

I agree!! DCAU is amazing....and they should bring it back! Not this crappy CGI version....Alfred toting a gun?! And not wearing a mask? Now that is really stupid....

Castle - "Do I look like a killer to you?"
Beckett - "Yes, you kill my patience"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 172
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 7:02:26 PM   
Snake-Eyes

THIS...

...will NEVER be topped. It is by far, the GREATEST version of BATMAN.

Back to the thread subject though - I am looking forward to YEAR ONE. Just a few weeks away now

(in reply to katkitty24)
Post #: 173
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 7:04:07 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: katkitty24

I agree!! DCAU is amazing....and they should bring it back! Not this crappy CGI version....Alfred toting a gun?! And not wearing a mask? Now that is really stupid....

Don't give them ideas!
But yeah, I have major issue with Alfred sporting a gun alongside Bats...

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 5/10/2011 7:05:39 PM >

(in reply to katkitty24)
Post #: 174
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 7:07:59 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

THIS...

Back to the thread subject though - I am looking forward to YEAR ONE. Just a few weeks away now

Agreed. TAS is simply one of the best animated shows ever made.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 175
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 5/10/2011 7:10:25 PM   
katkitty24

I miss TAS :( as I do with the Justice League. However I am looking forward to Batman Year One! That looks awesome :D

< Message edited by katkitty24 -- 5/10/2011 7:18:04 PM >

Castle - "Do I look like a killer to you?"
Beckett - "Yes, you kill my patience"

Post #: 176
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 6/10/2011 2:37:46 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

quote:

quote:

THIS...

Agreed. TAS is simply one of the best shows ever made.

Fixed
I've been re-watching it, and it's still superb. Some really deep storylines in there, and I love the way they characterised the villains, and in the episodes where they meet up they play off of each-other beautifully.

< Message edited by TheFuzz_1989 -- 6/10/2011 2:41:11 AM >

Post #: 177
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 6/10/2011 5:39:39 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168550-a-new-clip-from-batman-year-one-debuts

New clip from Year One!

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 178
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 6/10/2011 11:01:18 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

Exactly - I loved both the Animated Series and Brave and the Bold. But the number of fanboys who simply cannot accpet a funny version of Batman, who embraces a signifcant period of his history, and plays around with the character, disappoints me. And now we have a dark and gritty video game, a dark and girtty movie, and a dark and gritty CGI tv series - wheres the fun?

Or in other words, "why so serious?"

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 179
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 6/10/2011 11:24:03 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

Or in other words, "why so serious?"

Batman ain't fun. Kane and Finger never devised and wrote him to be. End of story. The words fun and Batman are not designed to be used if you wish to have a true reflection of the character in his original guise as per 1939.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI