Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 26/7/2010 12:49:42 AM   
Vadersville

SPOILERS FOR UNDER THE RED HOOD!!!

Really, really enjoyed Under the Red hood. I found it was a much more faithful adaptation than Batman/Superman: Public Enemies and the action was spectacular. Superb animation. I actually kind of liked Bruce Greenwood as Batman/Bruce and normally im a Kevin Conroy purist. Neil Patrick Harris was okay as Dick but not the voice I hear in my head or anything close. Didn't like The Joker's voice at all. Bring back Mark Hamill! Guy playing Alfred sounded like the one from TAS, Black Mask was good, so was Ras Al Ghul. BUT. The stand out performance for me was Jensen Ackles as Red Hood/Jason Todd! Some of his lines, especially the last bit about how he forgived Bruce for not saving him, but not for not avenging him, were lifted straight from the comics and he brough them to life amazingly. I will forever hear his voice in my head when reading Under The Hood or any story with Jason Todd in it from now on.

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 26/7/2010 12:51:28 AM >

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 61
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 28/7/2010 7:21:50 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

SPOILERS FOR UNDER THE RED HOOD!!!

Really, really enjoyed Under the Red hood. I found it was a much more faithful adaptation than Batman/Superman: Public Enemies and the action was spectacular. Superb animation. I actually kind of liked Bruce Greenwood as Batman/Bruce and normally im a Kevin Conroy purist. Neil Patrick Harris was okay as Dick but not the voice I hear in my head or anything close. Didn't like The Joker's voice at all. Bring back Mark Hamill! Guy playing Alfred sounded like the one from TAS, Black Mask was good, so was Ras Al Ghul. BUT. The stand out performance for me was Jensen Ackles as Red Hood/Jason Todd! Some of his lines, especially the last bit about how he forgived Bruce for not saving him, but not for not avenging him, were lifted straight from the comics and he brough them to life amazingly. I will forever hear his voice in my head when reading Under The Hood or any story with Jason Todd in it from now on.

Under the red hood is fantastic!! totally agree with this review

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 62
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 2/8/2010 7:42:24 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I was listening to this score as I was getting ready for work today - it reminded me of what a great film it was; very dark for an animated film which was primarily aimed at younger audiences and very smart. I really hope we see a proper blu-ray release someday.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 63
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 13/8/2010 9:39:05 AM   
Snake-Eyes

This one will include the previously released shorts (SPECTRE, JONAH HEX, GREEN ARROW) in extended cuts and the new SUPERMAN / SHAZAM! I actually think this release is a bit of a rip-off; the 'feature' is only a Short and could just as easily have been added to a proper 'Movie' title. well, at least the Three previous stories are extended and will have creator commentaries.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 13/8/2010 9:57:28 AM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 64
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 9/9/2010 7:06:05 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I finally cracked open UNDER THE RED HOOD blu-ray and checked it out - another excellent entry in the DC Animation series and actually, surprisingly violent! Voice cast was exceptional (I especially like Neil Patrick Harris' take on 'NightWing'). In addition, I LOVED the 'DC Showcase' short, JONAH HEX! It was suitably gritty & violent, Thomas Jane did a sterling job as Hex (and I suspect this probably rocks a MILLION times more than the live-action which I WON'T be watching). I've said it before but I wish MARVEL would pull up their socks and produce some animation work as good as this.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 65
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 9/9/2010 11:06:40 AM   
Dirty Hartigan

I can't believe they're doing All-Star Superman and Batman: Year One soon! Ambitious stuff!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 66
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 9/9/2010 11:26:25 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

I can't believe they're doing All-Star Superman and Batman: Year One soon! Ambitious stuff!

damn, really? Sounds good. Where did you read this? I'm all for BATMAN / SUPERMAN / JUSTICE LEAGUE stuff but it'd be nice if some other DC Characters were given a chance too. I seem to recall there may be a follow-up to GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 67
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 9/9/2010 12:45:00 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

Reading up on it further, I think Year One is still in "strong rumour" stage but All-Star Superman is definitely happening - scriptwriter Dwayne McDuffie confirmed it on his blog in July.

http://dwaynemcduffie.com.lamphost.net/wordpress/?p=900

Supposedly also announced at the last SDCC as well.

< Message edited by Dirty Hartigan -- 9/9/2010 12:46:42 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 68
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 11/9/2010 8:54:05 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I still think it's a shame that the once-planned TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT got shelved.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 69
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 28/9/2010 6:22:03 PM   
Zaphod121

Really wish they would release more of these on R2. I got Justice League COTE on R1 on holiday recently and loved it, looking forward to Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 70
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 29/9/2010 1:22:46 PM   
Rob

I download mine from the US iTunes store. You don't get the extras but still.

I loved Under the Red Hood and thought it was perhaps the strongest offering yet. I started watching Apocalypse last night and they've really got the Michael Turner style down which can only be a good thing. Really enjoying so far and will finish it tonight.

In fact the only disappointments from the series so far, for me at any rate, have been Superman: Doomsday and Batman; Gotham Knight

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 71
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 23/10/2010 3:54:50 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I've said it before - the DC Animated Movies put pretty much all of the recent wave of superhero live-action films to shame - DC or otherwise - and this is why I simply can't get jazzed about any upcoming Nolan project or whatever.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 72
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 24/10/2010 11:33:16 PM   
JIm R

Bought amd watched 'Under the Red Hood' over the weekend and just spectacularly good, appears Di Maggio's Joker's taking a bit of a pounding here but I actually really liked it, gave a much more brutal intepretation than perhaps Hammill might have given, appreciate it's part of the Joker's 'finest' hour but the Arkham footage and brutality was astonishing.

Excellent animation and voice work, really, really good.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 25/10/2010 12:20:34 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 73
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 25/10/2010 5:53:08 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Glad you enjoyed UNDER THE RED HOOD as well JIm. Once again the DC Animation crew have produced a film which some may consider a risk - this is a dark, violent feature not neccesarily aimed at younger audiences and yet it still manages to appease long-time BATMAN fans, remaining true to the source material. As I've said before, I wish their MARVEL counterparts would come up with quality stuff like this, so far only HULK VS. has stood out for me. Anyhoo, I should be snaring APOCALYPSE soon.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 25/10/2010 5:54:15 AM >

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 74
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 25/10/2010 4:28:53 PM   
Lang

i watched the Green Arrow short reasontly and i was amazed at how fast paced the story was. I hope to a feature length story in the future.

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 75
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 11/11/2010 6:41:59 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

i watched the Green Arrow short reasontly and i was amazed at how fast paced the story was. I hope to a feature length story in the future.

I haven't had time to watch APOCALYPSE just yet but I'm looking forward to the GREEN ARROW short; I really enjoyed THE SPECTRE, the '70's Grindhouse-style' look was a fresh approach to the animation. I recently re-watched SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY and BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT; these two were ok but compared to the newer instalments in this series, they are a it poor. GOTHAM KNIGHT in particular - I dunno, I think it's the 'Anime-style'; normally I don't mind it but it failed to excite me this time round, just seemed a bit tame, even the usually exceptional 'Kawajiri/Madhouse' segment was weak.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 76
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 2/12/2010 10:46:20 PM   
Snake-Eyes

This upcoming edition doesn't get me too jazzed; I think there are too many Superman and/or Batman features. After this we should be getting GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS which could be cool.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 77
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 3/12/2010 8:26:53 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthewop

haven't seen it before. looks like a great show! will check it out later!

The f**k are you talking about man?! NONE OF YOUR POSTS MAKE ANY SENSE! I hate you people who just show up, post about five or six times with complete nonsense and then just disappear. WHAT ARE YOU ON?!

Post #: 78
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 3/12/2010 9:47:38 AM   
Rob

I really looking forward to All-Star Superman. I haven't read the comics yet and I'm hoping to get the Absolute Edition for Christmas and will donwload this as soon as I can.

Has anyone seen Superman / Shazam yet? If so is it worth a purchase? I watched a trailer and quite liked it but Captain Marvel isn't really my cup of tea so have been fully sold on it yet.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 79
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 3/12/2010 11:45:53 AM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

I really looking forward to All-Star Superman. I haven't read the comics yet and I'm hoping to get the Absolute Edition for Christmas and will donwload this as soon as I can.

Has anyone seen Superman / Shazam yet? If so is it worth a purchase? I watched a trailer and quite liked it but Captain Marvel isn't really my cup of tea so have been fully sold on it yet.

you can watch it here before a purchase

EDIT - stop linking to online "movies for free sites".

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 28/2/2011 3:24:25 PM >

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 80
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 8/2/2011 8:49:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm giving ALL-STAR SUPERMAN a miss as it doesn't really show me anything new. However, the one after that seems more intriguing; the inevitable 'tie-in' to the upcoming GREEN LANTERN film will interest a few fans once you see who the voice of Hal Jordan is...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125766-first-still-from-green-lantern-emerald-knights

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 81
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 25/2/2011 3:48:53 PM   
Snake-Eyes

EMERALD KNIGHTS Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATEbs7S3HuE

This'll probably be better than the live-action effort.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 25/2/2011 3:50:10 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 82
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 25/2/2011 5:01:13 PM   
JIm R

Sorry to sound dopey as f**k but given that the majority of the blu-rays for the animtaed DC releases are US import, will they play okay on my PS3 ?

Don't particuarly want to purchase on line and then find I can't watch them.

Advice sought please chaps, ta

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 83
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 26/2/2011 4:05:59 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Sorry to sound dopey as f**k but given that the majority of the blu-rays for the animtaed DC releases are US import, will they play okay on my PS3 ?

You don't sound dopey at all Jimbo - luckily, all of the DC ANIMATED FEATURE blu-rays are unlocked and so they will play on the PS3. So far, FIRST FLIGHT, CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS and UNDER THE RED HOOD are the best - Brilliantly directed, (voice) acted and they look and sound absolutely crisp.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 84
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 27/2/2011 11:22:11 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

You don't sound dopey at all Jimbo - luckily, all of the DC ANIMATED FEATURE blu-rays are unlocked and so they will play on the PS3. So far, FIRST FLIGHT, CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS and UNDER THE RED HOOD are the best - Brilliantly directed, (voice) acted and they look and sound absolutely crisp.

Thanks mate, reasurring to know, I can feel a on-line buy-a-thon happening soon

Will look at the range and have a gander, thanks Snake.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 85
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 3/3/2011 9:08:58 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Pic from GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS -

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 86
DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 3/3/2011 11:53:46 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I just watched SUPERMAN / BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES on blu-ray. Wasn't as awesome as PUBLIC ENEMIES and the title is a tad misleading as Bruce takes a back seat on this one (it's main focus is on Kara-El/Supergirl) but it has some nicely put together action sequences, Darkseid voiced by Andre Braugher (not as good as the Michael Ironside version) and of course, WONDER WOMAN! I especially like the GREEN ARROW short on this blu-ray which featured the voice talents of Neal McDonough and Malcolm McDowell.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 87
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 18/3/2011 1:15:16 PM   
Zaphod121

Just found out recently that a few titles have been released here as exclusives, odd.

Superman/Batman: Public Enimies is exclusive to Amazon: CLICK

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse is exclusive to Play: CLICK

and Batman: Under the Red Hood is exclusive to HMV: CLICK

No Blu-rays though just 1 disc DVD it would seem.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 88
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 18/3/2011 6:17:16 PM   
ky

Still need to get around to watching all these DC movies - most recent one I bought was Gotham Knight.

Yeah ... that long ago.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 89
RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES - 18/3/2011 6:55:38 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ky

Still need to get around to watching all these DC movies - most recent one I bought was Gotham Knight.

Yeah ... that long ago.

UNDER THE RED HOOD and FIRST FLIGHT are easily the best two so far. Then, I'd say CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS and PUBLIC ENEMIES.

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI