Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 26/10/2010 11:58:55 AM   
talpacino

I'm still playing it and enjoying it, like I said above, it's very good but far from perfect.
The story mode is ridiculously short and easy but it is enjoyable. Tier 1 mode is good and tough but it's not exactly adding anything new like Spec Ops in MW2.
It will add on a couple of hours extra gameplay but you're still going through the same thing as before. I'll go through it just to get the 1000G, I think I'm only four achievements off it.
I'm still loving the multiplayer, I like all the game modes now except for team assault which I still think is muck, two teams sitting on either side of the map sniping across at eachother, not for me.
Like I did with Battlefield and MW2 I can see myself hopping back and forth between this and Black Ops.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 91
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 10:00:17 AM   
talpacino

Has anybody got the fire controller achievement yet? I've only got three achievements left and I can see this one standing in the way of me getting the full 1000G. You have to call in all 7 offensive support actions. I've called in the first four, the last one I got, I think, was Artillery at 250 points but the very last one is Cruise Missile at 600 points. It's bloody hard, I can't really just camp to get it because I never get enough points unless I'm taking objectives. I'll be at this for a long time I think.

Currahee!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 92
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 10:14:21 AM   
sroey

Im about halfway through in regards to achievements - they dont seem too bad to be honest. I have some of the specific single player ones to get and the 'play ????? for 2 hours' ones to get. Havent even bothered with Tier 1 stuff.

The one you mention above seems like it could be a problem

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 93
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 10:24:39 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Im about halfway through in regards to achievements - they dont seem too bad to be honest. I have some of the specific single player ones to get and the 'play ????? for 2 hours' ones to get. Havent even bothered with Tier 1 stuff.

The one you mention above seems like it could be a problem

Yeah they're pretty good, not necessarily easy but ones you should get by playing through naturally rather than searching for collectibles and crap.
I'm going to leave the Tier 1 mode until I've got the multiplayer achievements.

Regarding the fire controller achievement, if I could only manage this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPTygx41x5s

Watch from about 2:45 on, it's crazy the score chains he racks up.

Currahee!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 94
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 11:18:57 AM   
sroey

Sweet jesus that just shows how bad the spawning is on this game.

Still jammy sod though!

Yeah I think the furthest I have got is the artillery strike but most players get wise to your tactics and soon the whole team is gunning for you! lol

Yeah I think I'll leave the Tier 1 mode til last. Probably for the best!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 95
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 1:54:01 PM   
borstal

Ive got a 5th Level Defensive badge thingy I can never get kills with the offensive stuff though so just play it safe and hand out goodies to my team. I came 1st overall twice last night by getting into a sweet spot, getting a few kills then activating a defensive which gives you quite a few points off the next one. A couple more kills and you activate that one etc.

Some of the awards just look too hard to get. Thankfully they arent linked to any achievements. The missile one does indeed look fucking tough to get. Still I reckon the 1000g is do-able, prob more so than Operation Flashpoint which I thought would be impossible at one point.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 96
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 2:37:02 PM   
Pratt82

I watched 'Talpacinos' youtube link and this game looks great. It didn't seem clunky at all like people have been saying. Graphics didn't look bad either.

OF: Dragon Rising was mega tough, can't see MoH been as tough as that.......heres hoping anyway.

So annoyed I'm missing out on this game......still haven't got Gold Live!

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 97
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 3:01:35 PM   
talpacino

It might be considered clunky if you're coming from CoD to this but if you're used to how Battlefield feels you should be fine.
Graphics are just as good as CoD's IMO, a little difficulty in seeing the enemy sometimes but it just makes it that bit more tough and satisfying.

Currahee!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 98
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 3:07:45 PM   
borstal

Just finished top ranked overall on two games. Gotta love the lemmings on Sector Control Even got an offensive call kill after reading this thread. Went straight back to defensive on the next one though as I knew my luckily kill streak (1) wouldnt last.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 99
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 5:38:27 PM   
Pratt82

Awesome streak Borstal.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 100
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/10/2010 9:10:17 PM   
borstal

I swear, give me a mortar strike or indeed any strike and I'll miss every fucker playing.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 101
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/10/2010 10:57:00 AM   
Pratt82

What's up, won't they stand still for you? Bastards eh.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 102
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/10/2010 1:46:25 PM   
borstal

Managed to kill 3 with an offensive call Can you use higher ranked offensives by ranking up on the defensives? I reckon I could bulk up my points with sneaky defence points then bag the mighty missile if you can.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 103
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/10/2010 2:03:15 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Managed to kill 3 with an offensive call Can you use higher ranked offensives by ranking up on the defensives? I reckon I could bulk up my points with sneaky defence points then bag the mighty missile if you can.

You can indeed. I've already used the first four offensives so I've been using defensives to try and boost my score up to the higher ones, unless you see a group of people together it's much easier to just get your points from defensive streaks.

Currahee!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 104
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/10/2010 2:12:39 PM   
Pratt82

Whats all this about 'Offensive and Defensive' calls??? Or is this just Borstal language?

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 105
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/10/2010 5:03:42 PM   
borstal

Killstreaks earn you points. 15 for a kill +5 for a headshot etc. At 50 points you get to call either a strike (mortar I think) which is offensive or a defensive call which gives your team mates something (like ammo, flak jackets). You earn points for doing either, defensive a set amount or offensive dependant on kills but can get you more points. These points add to your kill points which means you can get to 50, defensive call (+30) and then your only 20 points of the next support action.

If you reach a support points score and die you carry the option to support over your respawn which you can use or save (don't get killed! as it will scrub).

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 106
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 29/10/2010 9:51:26 AM   
sroey

It is definitely easier to bag points with Defensive support actions!

I got up to 545 points last night and then the game ended - I ran out of time!!

I was so close - a couple of kills away

What the hell does the 'match ammo' support action do? Everytime it appears my ammo count doesnt move?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 107
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 29/10/2010 11:28:10 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

It is definitely easier to bag points with Defensive support actions!

I got up to 545 points last night and then the game ended - I ran out of time!!

I was so close - a couple of kills away

What the hell does the 'match ammo' support action do? Everytime it appears my ammo count doesnt move?

545? I can barely get past 300!

Match Ammo apparently gives you and your team mates' ammo more damage effectiveness.

Currahee!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 108
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 29/10/2010 11:50:53 AM   
sroey

Thanks talpacino!

Hmm interesting - Im sure you get kill assists when you get the FMJ ammo activated - I got 3 or 4 when I hadnt shot at anyone last night!?

It was a one off though and my efforts to replicate that score after were met with rapid and frequent death!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 109
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 29/10/2010 2:15:26 PM   
borstal

Im sure Ive also made it to defensive 6th...so close to the missile!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 110
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 25/11/2010 8:47:07 PM   
Pratt82

Finally managed to play this today and me likey!

Haven't got online yet as demoted to Silver until Christmas but might get on this weekend with it been a 'Free Gold Weekend' but the mother-in-law is staying over so we'll have to see.

Oh well, shit happens I suppose!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 111
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 26/11/2010 7:33:03 PM   
Pratt82

Got online today with this game:

Played about 15minutes on multiplayer and died 4 times in quick succession and killed....................1!!!!!

Practise
Practise
Practise!!!!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 112
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 26/11/2010 8:08:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

You could even practice!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 113
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 26/11/2010 8:35:34 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Played about 15minutes on multiplayer and died 4 times in quick succession and killed....................1!!!!!

Practise
Practise
Practise!!!!

It'll come. I miss the game. I thought it was a spot on mix of Battlefield and CoD. Much more thought and actual teamplay than Im experiencing on BlackOps at the moment. I managed to get the missile (a few times before I traded it in) and realised there is an even harder achievement. Call all the offensive strikes in one game. Ouch.

I think I'll be getting it again and hopefully as Ive paid once for the pass I wont have to again.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 114
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/11/2010 6:01:34 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

You could even practice!

lol......I knew it looked wrong!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 115
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/11/2010 6:05:36 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

quote:

Practise
Practise
Practise!!!!

It'll come. I miss the game. I thought it was a spot on mix of Battlefield and CoD. Much more thought and actual teamplay than Im experiencing on BlackOps at the moment. I managed to get the missile (a few times before I traded it in) and realised there is an even harder achievement. Call all the offensive strikes in one game. Ouch.

I think I'll be getting it again and hopefully as Ive paid once for the pass I wont have to again.

What pass is that then? I've only rented this game at the moment but what I saw of it, it did seem alittle more teamwork was going on. Saying that, it could of been mistaken for just a group of guys who were sat together shooting into the mountains hoping to hit something.

I think some sniper loved me yesterday, must of boosted his kill score.

Oh well, I think I'll exhaust the singleplayer of all it's achievements and then see what I can get online.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 116
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 27/11/2010 5:53:26 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

quote:

Practise
Practise
Practise!!!!

Multiplayer: Fire Controller 30

Use each offensive support action once (awarded at end of round)

Offensive Support Actions are the killstreaks rewards you receive after you've gained a certain amount of points within one life. There are a total of seven Offensive Support Actions you must call to obtain this achievement. When you have the choice to choose a reward, pick the Offensive Support Action. This achievement does not require you to call in all Offensive Support Actions in one game. You must call all 7 Offensive Support Actions throughout your online career. So if you do not wish to call in an Offensive Support Action that you have already called in, you can call in a Defensive Support Action which will grant you free points towards your next killstreak reward. This Achievement will unlock at the end of the game.

•Level 1 - Mortar Strike (50 Points)
•Level 2 - Rocket Attack (100 Points)
•Level 3 - Missile Attack (175 Points)
•Level 4 - Artillery Strike (250 Points)
•Level 5 -Strafing Run (350 Points)
•Level 6 - Air Strike (450 Points)
•Level 7 - Cruise Missile (600 Points)

Do you mean this one 'The 1 True Borstal'? ;)

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 117
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/11/2010 11:48:43 AM   
borstal

I can't believe that I haven't cumulatively (sp?) called all the offensives!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 118
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 28/11/2010 3:08:51 PM   
Pratt82

The thing is I was sure I did them all in one game and I'm defo sure I've used them all. The 'Cruise Missle' is the one where you drop it from the sky and direct it isn't it?

I was the Taliban defending 1 of our bases (the map with the downed chinook) and I sat on some rocks with a tunnel below me and shot anybody coming under me and coming up the rocks (as they were too concerned with others defending in the actual base) and I managed to get 23 kills before I died.

I'm still getting to grips with this Offensive/Defensive Streaks etc as I find its not clear enough when you aquire them. Is it like COD in the way that you get something after 3 kills, 5 kills etc or just the points system? I see the points pop up on the screen but I'm too busy concentrating on my next kill.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 119
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 30/11/2010 8:25:53 PM   
Pratt82

MEGA MIFFED!

Does anybody know where I've gone wrong here.........

I started a New Game on Hard after finishing this game on Normal. I completed it today and it didn't give me the achievement for Completing Hard Difficulty! I don't understand it, are you meant to watch the credits at the end or something? By restarting a level does it automaticly change back to Normal Difficulty? What?

SO ANNOYED! Oh well, start again I suppose!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI