Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 5:37:42 PM   
Spektre

I may get it but I want to see some reviews first. I was just downloading the Beta on Pc a few minutes ago but then I then read it expired yesterday (after going through 1gig)!

< Message edited by Spektre -- 8/10/2010 7:22:24 PM >

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 31
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 5:40:48 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Got my copy of this today, enjoyed the little of it I've played so far. Ended up buying the Tier 1 edition, no idea what the free stuff you get is. Multiplayer feels a lot like the beta (except some of the jittering between deaths has been improved), I think it's going to take a bit of getting used to before I can decide if it's too similar to CoD or not.

I've been warned not to take it online until the 12th due to risk of being banned from Xbox LIVE, but risked it anyway, if I get banned I have a receipt, I have the EA online Pass and it's a legit copy, MS will be getting a big kick off if they do ban me.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 32
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 6:08:44 PM   
HIM

How did you get it so early?

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 33
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 9:17:41 PM   
borstal

Game monkey?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 34
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 9:29:21 PM   
Spektre

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Game monkey?

There's no need to call people names Borstal...Lets keep it civil. Treat everyone as you want to be treated.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 35
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 10:20:15 PM   
borstal

Gamestation gorilla?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 36
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 8/10/2010 10:37:47 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Is anyone actually buying this? I thought I had pre-ordered this through Game - but checked and I hadnt. Wasnt too sure if I was going to order it - its out next Friday.

Just got Castlevania so I dont know if im going to have time. Im a sucker for war games though...

Don't think I'll bother getting it now......think I'll just rent it like most of my games. I've already got Black Ops Pre-ordered so that's where my game allowance is going.

Plus I need to get Gold Membership to get online with Black Ops so there's another £35+ needed.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 37
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 9/10/2010 6:44:31 AM   
HIM

If you had a PS3 you wouldn't need to spend money to play online and could use that £35 to buy Medal of Honor.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 38
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 9/10/2010 5:26:31 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

If you had a PS3 you wouldn't need to spend money to play online and could use that £35 to buy Medal of Honor.

Commission in the bag...

Played the MoH beta on PC these past few days, kinda got into but I think I'm gonna wait to see how this and BFBC Vietnam review before deciding which to pick up.  Might even have a look at Black ops if it reviews well and fixes the shit that got on my wick in MW2.  Will only be buying one though.

< Message edited by kata -- 9/10/2010 8:17:22 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 39
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 9/10/2010 8:08:02 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

Duh!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 40
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 9/10/2010 8:17:58 PM   
kata

What do you think of it so far SHP?

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 41
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 3:59:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Reviews have started to come in:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/medal-of-honor/critic-reviews?num_items=100

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 42
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 4:11:43 PM   
chilipenguin

Doesn't sound promising so far. Doubt I'll bother with it.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 43
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 4:19:16 PM   
talpacino

I shall be picking it up on Friday anyway. I'm sure I'll enjoy the story mode but I'm getting it mainly for the multiplayer. The reviews aren't bad at all, pretty decent actually just not the 9's and 10's that CoD does be getting but it still sounds like a very good game.
Did anyone play the multiplayer beta? I love Dice's Battlefield games, is it similar?

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 44
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 4:53:54 PM   
HIM

It's like Battlefield but on a smaller scale. Think Battlefield game modes on COD maps.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 45
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 5:00:50 PM   
HIM

It sounds like a good reboot for the franchise and a good starting point in the battle against CoD. I don't think it was realistic to expect it to hit the heights of CoD on the first attempt. It's probably still going to be CoD's year but with most of the talent gone from Infinity Ward next year will be interesting - providing of course there is another MoH next year. EA might not go down the yearly release schedule like Activision.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 46
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 5:30:42 PM   
kata

quote:

EA might not go down the yearly release schedule like Activision.

They did say they were going to focus on less but higher quality titles in future but this is EA.  King of the yearly update!
I think they were really hoping this would compete with black ops but from what I've read and heard people are just going to wait for that.  I'm still hoping BF Vietnam turns out ok, anything 7 or above and i think I'll be picking that up.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 47
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 5:43:42 PM   
HIM

I've heard a lot of people saying that the campaign is really short (4 - 5 hours) and also pretty generic. Seeing as I don't play online there's no way I'm buying this now. It'll just be a borrow for me.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 48
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 5:52:13 PM   
borstal

quote:

I've heard a lot of people saying that the campaign is really short (4 - 5 hours) and also pretty generic.

There are already a couple of CoD threads.

Seriously though, how many times do you 'hear' of people saying new games are short and then find out thats on normal (average difficulty) setting. Stil,l even on 'ahem' expert MW2 was a fucking breeze and didnt offer anything that revolutionary.

Im hoping this can offer something slightly different and plays solidly enough.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 49
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 5:52:59 PM   
kata

4/5 Hours is a disgrace.

So you've got a super short campaign mode and a multiplayer mode which Dice only had 9 months to make.  Time which could have been put into BF3.

It's almost as if EA just wanted something to put out against CoD, anything.  Be interesting to see how this does, sales wise.  Hopefully it'll bomb and companies will realise they cant just sell us any old shite...  That'll never happen though.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 50
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 9:14:11 PM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

I've heard a lot of people saying that the campaign is really short (4 - 5 hours) and also pretty generic.

Seriously though, how many times do you 'hear' of people saying new games are short and then find out thats on normal (average difficulty) setting. Stil,l even on 'ahem' expert MW2 was a fucking breeze and didnt offer anything that revolutionary.

4 - 5 hours is a joke. I'd say average length of a shooter campaign is 8 - 10 hours and even that, to me, doesn't represent fantastic value for money.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 51
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 11:35:07 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

4/5 Hours is a disgrace.

So you've got a super short campaign mode and a multiplayer mode which Dice only had 9 months to make.  Time which could have been put into BF3.

It's almost as if EA just wanted something to put out against CoD, anything.  Be interesting to see how this does, sales wise.  Hopefully it'll bomb and companies will realise they cant just sell us any old shite...  That'll never happen though.

I've not really touched it in the few days since owning it, but I know a few others who've finished it, it took 9-10 hours, not 4-5, one of them also swears by it being one of the best single player campaigns he's played.

As for DICE's involvement, how do you know they only had 9 months to make it? It was announced at the end of last year that Dice were involved but that doesn't mean they hadn't been working on it for quite some time already surely?

I'll be playing this properly over the next day or two, and I'm certain I won't be let down.

It's a real shame people are too willing to stick to CoD and put faith in it before the game has even been announced, and too unwilling to give other games a chance.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 52
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 12/10/2010 11:40:25 PM   
vad3r

6.5 on IGN.

Pass.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

Post #: 53
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 8:12:12 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I think I'll get round to this when I get round to it. I'm quite looking forward to having a whirl but I really should finish the single player campaigns on World at War and Modern Warfare 2 before I start any more FPS's. I'm more interested in playing this than Black Ops though....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 54
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 8:21:18 AM   
borstal

quote:

quote:

quote:

4 - 5 hours is a joke. I'd say average length of a shooter campaign is 8 - 10 hours and even that, to me, doesn't represent fantastic value for money.

You do know Im with you on this don't you.

I saw a friend on Live last night playing it. I used to work with him at Game and knew he was really fussy about games. I asked him what it was like.

'Only done a few levels but so far its fucking awesome'

Like SHP says, people sticking blindly to one game franchise is a shame (especially after MW2!).

< Message edited by borstal -- 13/10/2010 8:23:42 AM >

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 55
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 9:07:09 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

As for DICE's involvement, how do you know they only had 9 months to make it? It was announced at the end of last year that Dice were involved but that doesn't mean they hadn't been working on it for quite some time already surely?

I'm with kata on this, I think DICE were brought in fairly last minute to take over multiplayer duties. Apparently Danger Close has been working on the game for 3 years. The game also uses two different engines: Unreal Engine 3 for the single player and Frostbite (DICE's own proprietary engine) for the multiplayer. How can it take one studio 3 years to create a single player campaign using a third party engine?

I'm inclined to believe that Danger Close had their own multiplayer section in development but EA decided to bring in DICE at a fairly late stage. Now this could be for a number of reasons. It could be that Danger Close were simply running out of time. It could be that their multiplayer section was a bit of a dog. It could be that EA simply wanted to ride on the success of the Battlefield series and give more credibility to this title and it's ability to take on CoD. I know that as soon as it was announced that the multiplayer side was being developed by DICE it made a lot of people sit up and take notice of this title. Maybe it was a combination of the above.

Post #: 56
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 10:56:22 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

6.5 on IGN.

Pass.

Because of one review? Why not any of the other good reviews that make up the pretty decent 76 it's currently on at metacritic?

I'd like the game to do well to challenge CoD but in a selfish way I'm kind of glad that it won't be picked up by every gamer out there. Should help to weed out the irritants that plague the CoD series online.

A mixture of Battlefield and CoD, sounds perfect to me. Looking forward to some good games Friday night.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 57
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 1:19:15 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I'm kind of glad that it won't be picked up by every gamer out there. Should help to weed out the irritants that plague the CoD series online.

Thats a fucking good point right there.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 58
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 4:18:50 PM   
Pratt82

I'll be renting this 1st and if liked will buy it for myself at Christmas. I like my COD Franchise but like others, I'm not one for sticking just to COD.

I loved BC2 and found it alot better than MW and MW2. And as 'Talpacino' rightly points out, hopefully with others not giving it a chance and sticking with COD it will help weed out the irritants that plague the CoD series online.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 59
RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today - 13/10/2010 4:24:18 PM   
Spektre

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I'm kind of glad that it won't be picked up by every gamer out there. Should help to weed out the irritants that plague the CoD series online.

Thats a fucking good point right there.

Totally agree.
And I think I really like the idea of playing on smaller maps. Sometimes on BF2 I'd get bored with running from one end to the other only to get shot by a sniper. Plus I've had it with choppers.
So yeah, I am looking forward to it.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Medal Of Honour BETA live today Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI