Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stand Up Tour

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stand Up Tour Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stand Up... - 31/3/2010 3:46:28 PM   
jcthefirst

I figured Off Topic might be the best place for this.

Anyone been to see him on his current tour? I was at it Saturday past in the Belfast show and it was probably the best stand up I've ever seen. Went on for about 2 and a half hours as well.

I was a bit worried at the start when he said it was stand up, and wasn't a story about crazy stuff he'd done (Are you Dave Gorman?, Googlewhack etc.) but I needn't have worried. The whole routine was fabulous. From rants about how a comics brain works when thinking about material, to the evolution of the Honey Monster, it was all gold.

Anyone?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog
Post #: 1
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 3:54:45 PM   
sharkboy

Yeah, being a good citizen of Bellusfastius I was there too!  An absolutely brilliant night from Dave Gorman, and I've never looked at breakfast cereal in the same light since.   It started a bit slow, but it didn't take long before the man was on fire.  By the end of it, I was as happy as a horse in trousers

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 31/3/2010 3:56:27 PM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 2
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 4:04:37 PM   
jcthefirst

I had completely forgotten about Bellusfasticus.

I did like the way he ripped into the guy who came in late (and am now hoping that wasn't you). He must have been bike furious.

Shame the Waterfront wasn't full though, but I guess not that many people over here really know of ol' Dave. Not that it was very well advertised anyway. I only found out about it because I was walking to central station and saw a poster in the window of the waterfront.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 4:09:13 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I saw him a couple of weeks ago.  Wasn't sure whether to get tickets or not... in fact it's safe to say I was buy curious.  I agree with Sharky in that it took him a bit to get motoring, but he was excellent.  I met him afterwards while he was signing stuff (including my Are You Dave Gorman? DVD), and he was a very nice man.  Plus I got a photo with him.  Top night in all.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 4
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 4:18:52 PM   
jcthefirst

I would have waited amongst the throngs of people to get something signed but a mate of mine had to get home, and he was driving so I had to leave. Shame.

But an excellent night all round.

The bit about the Aviva ad was hysterical.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 5
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 4:23:00 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst
The bit about the Aviva ad was hysterical.

Yes.

You were in the Beatles.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 6
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 31/3/2010 4:55:54 PM   
Chris Smithee

Saw him in Glasgow a month or two back, I was already a fan and had read his books, but I had'nt seen him live on stage before, it was a great night and me and my mate managed to meet him afterwards and get some stuff signed, which was great.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 1/4/2010 1:23:42 AM   
Spider

Saw him in London in Febuary. It really was a very good show, and he certainly gave everyone their money's worth! Was a bit apprehensive as I only knew him from his books and Genius, and wasn't sure how good a stand up he was, but it was very funny!

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to Chris Smithee)
Post #: 8
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 1/4/2010 8:05:42 AM   
gingerdaniel

I saw him a few years ago in Southampton with his googlewhack tour which was chuffing hilarious, i even touched his tatt.

Last month he was in Portsmouth with this current tour and i saw him again, brilliant.

I only saw one episode of Genious on tv, however, recently (i think it was on Dave) they played the entire series, so i sky+ed it and i've been slowly working through to savour the taste. The one with Johnny Vegas is hilarious.

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 1/4/2010 8:08:59 AM   
Felix

Havent seen this tour but saw his Googlewhack adventure in Brighton and he was brilliant.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 10
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 3/4/2010 6:35:21 PM   
svgbdgr

Saw him in Plymouth about a month ago, I was expecting something along the lines of Googlewhack/Are You Dave Gorman?, so I was kind of worried at first, but it turned out to be an excellent show. The unveiling of Powerpoint got the biggest cheer of the night! He hung around afterwards to chat and sign stuff, but I had to go.
I tweeted him to ask if there would be a DVD of the current tour; he said he wasn't sure; they hadn't done a recording yet, and he wasn't sure when they could fit it in.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 11
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 15/6/2012 4:00:54 PM   
jcthefirst

*bump*
Anyone been on the Powerpoint Presentation tour? I'm going in Belfast tonight. Looking forward to it.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 12
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 15/6/2012 4:03:13 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I saw his Powerpoint Presentation tour at Hammersmith Apollo a while back and thought it was really good. We had a pianist as the kind of support act and he was hilarious. Enjoy

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 13
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 15/6/2012 7:53:18 PM   
gingerdaniel

Hmm, i was unaware of this tour, i've looked and the nearest venue is on the isle of wight, it's 20 which is fine, but then it's going to cost the same again to get the ferry over there.... hhmmmm

Edit: You only live once, i've booked a ticket for me and my ladyfriend, anyone know the running time of the show? gotta book the ferry home!

< Message edited by gingerdaniel -- 15/6/2012 9:27:44 PM >

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 14
RE: Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stan... - 16/6/2012 10:12:37 AM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

Hmm, i was unaware of this tour, i've looked and the nearest venue is on the isle of wight, it's 20 which is fine, but then it's going to cost the same again to get the ferry over there.... hhmmmm

Edit: You only live once, i've booked a ticket for me and my ladyfriend, anyone know the running time of the show? gotta book the ferry home!

Support came on about quarter past 8 for 20 minutes, intermission, then Dave Gorman came on about 9 straight through to half 10.

Bloomin' brilliant show too.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Dave Gorman's Sit Down, Pedal, Pedal, Stop And Stand Up Tour Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI