Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Walking Dead Shuffles To Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Walking Dead Shuffles To Series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Walking Dead Shuffles To Series - 30/3/2010 3:13:22 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/3/2010 3:13:23 AM   
The Joker

Sick boy as Rick. I don't see it fitting. Great that the series is going forward with such talent but I hope they don't overlook the details which make the comic so great.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
A1 super cool - 30/3/2010 6:12:18 AM   
The_Hat

Most comic books adaptions would be better served as TV series rather than films. Walking Dead is definately one of them. And on AMC hopefully it can be a faithful adaption. A zombie TV series, eh? About time.

Post #: 3
Reply to Joker - 30/3/2010 11:04:39 AM   
deller

I hate these bloody people who comment on an actor based on their work 15 years ago. "Sick boy as Rick, I don't see it fitting". Your opinion doesn't matter Joker the guy is an actor he's going to be told where to stand and how to speak by the director and the script is going to tell him what to say. We as viewers have to wait and see if he can do that not take a 15 year old film and say that's all Johnny Lee Miller is. "Danny Zuko as a hitman??? that would never work".

< Message edited by deller -- 30/3/2010 11:10:58 AM >

(in reply to The_Hat)
Post #: 4
YAY! - 30/3/2010 12:10:33 PM   
TheRealMacgyver

Here's hoping they don't fuck around with it too much! No fast bloody zombies for one thing.

Deller, bit more to acting than that but your point is valid. Miller should be fine enough actually

Post #: 5
- 30/3/2010 12:26:45 PM   
Metalion

Tom Jane as Rick!
It is only logical.

Post #: 6
RE: - 30/3/2010 12:45:10 PM   
deller

Sorry Macgyver I tend to get annoyed with those kind of responses every time a casting announcement comes in from Empire. I'm interested to see what Darabont does with this after his excellent take on The Mist but as always I will reserve judgement until I see it myself. I've been a huge fan of the Walking Dead since I first picked it up it's gotta be the right script to do Robert Kirkman's work justice.

(in reply to Metalion)
Post #: 7
The gore issue... - 30/3/2010 1:58:45 PM   
willy2fly

If this is going to be a TV series, isnt that going to have a serious imapct on a quintissential aspect of any zombie adaptation.... GORE! I cant imagine anything with zombies in that doesnt have that sucker punch being great. Then again, i wouldnt exactly describe 28 days later as gory and that was good. However, those werent zombies though. I like Darabont though so it should be full of atmosphere. I would also like to see Tom Jane as Rick.

Post #: 8
Anaemic Zombies? Yes! Anaemic Show? Nope... - 30/3/2010 4:19:46 PM   
BenTramer

You can't stint on the blood and guts if you're doing a zombie movie and the same applies to tv shows. The zombie apocalypse is such a great story it would hard to fuck it up. I'm looking forward to this.

Post #: 9
the actor not the character - 30/3/2010 6:59:57 PM   
The Joker

Deller, all I meant was that I don't see him fitting the role of rick. I called him 'sick boy' as that's what I know him best from. I'm sorry if this came across as if I thought he would play sick boy in the walking dead.

(in reply to deller)
Post #: 10
Not Rick....... - 30/3/2010 9:47:34 PM   
arkhams_finest

I ADORE this comic series...... I just can't see Johnny Lee Miller as Rick, I'll be very disappointed if he is cast =(

Post #: 11
RE: Not Rick....... - 30/3/2010 10:32:31 PM   
kingalan

I've always thought Peter Krause (best known as Nate from Six Feet Under) is perfect for the role of Rick. He's got the look and the acting chops to boot. That said, I don't see what the problem with Miller is - he's a good actor. People saying he's "not right" or they "can't see it"... why exactly? Forum's full of casting directors.

(in reply to arkhams_finest)
Post #: 12
RE: Not Rick....... - 30/3/2010 11:57:18 PM   
The Joker

The only way I can justify why he doesn't fit the role is the feeling you get when you read the article. Having read your comment about Peter Krause I immediately thought "That's rick!". Very good choice, for me he fits the look and role perfectly. Miller, not so much.

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 13
RE: Not Rick....... - 6/4/2010 4:25:15 PM   
arkhams_finest

ok, I just googled this Peter Krause guy....he certinly looks like Rick... can the dude act though!? I've never heard of him until now :-s

(in reply to The Joker)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Walking Dead Shuffles To Series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI