Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The General Election

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The General Election Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 2:25:39 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

40% Green  20% Labour  20% Liberal  20% Conservative

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 61
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 2:41:07 PM   
Rinc

50% UKIP, 25% Labour, 25% Lib Dem.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 62
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 3:24:17 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

50% UKIP, 25% Labour, 25% Lib Dem.

You used to be cool, man.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 63
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 3:32:08 PM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

I shall be voting Tory.

Down with Brown

That's the box that says 'I am a cunt' right?

Lib Dem is the only sensible vote. Some chinless wonder likened them to BNP despite the fact LD will get 25% of the vote when the BNP get....emmm....0.5%....and they are total shitmunchers. And they collectively fucked a penguin once. I have pictures. It's true. Nick Griffin put his cock in a flightless bird.

Uncouth it may be, but I've got a fucking point.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 64
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 3:40:22 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

quote:

I shall be voting Tory.

Down with Brown

Lib Dem is the only sensible vote. Some chinless wonder likened them to BNP despite the fact LD will get 25% of the vote when the BNP get....emmm....0.5%....and they are total shitmunchers. And they collectively fucked a penguin once. I have pictures. It's true. Nick Griffin put his cock in a flightless bird.

I like Lib Dem on some of their policies, especially their human rights record, yet I could never agree to their economic policies. People should be taxed as low as possible as the government can save lots of money by getting it's fingers out of most people's business.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 65
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 3:49:12 PM   
ilovebeerme

Bollocks. People in general are thick as fuck. If they didn't have folk telling them what to do then life would be like Saw IV. Some cock sponge called Quentin would be feasting on your liver and deciding not to build a road from Nottingham to Harrogate cause the shooting there at this time of year is frightful. I'll kill them all. Maybe. I can't be arsed, but they're still fucking massive floppy donkey cocks.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 66
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:05:39 PM   
Tech_Noir

"Blah blah blah Brown blah blah quangos blah blah enough blah blah Brown blah blah Labour blah blah..."

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 67
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:06:48 PM   
ilovebeerme

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 68
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:15:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Lib Dem is the only sensible vote.

Totally agree - if people weren't such fucking sheep in this country they might actually stand a chance. They are the true opposition party  because both Labour and the Tories are the free-market obssessed bitches of the corporate world.

Post #: 69
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:24:52 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Bollocks. People in general are thick as fuck. If they didn't have folk telling them what to do then life would be like Saw IV. Some cock sponge called Quentin would be feasting on your liver and deciding not to build a road from Nottingham to Harrogate cause the shooting there at this time of year is frightful. I'll kill them all. Maybe. I can't be arsed, but they're still fucking massive floppy donkey cocks.

Someones been on the sherry....

Post #: 70
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:29:26 PM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

Someones been on the sherry....

I'll sherry you the now miladdio. I happen to have been drinking creosote. Bloody good creosote at that.

The key is nut oil.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 71
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 4:49:20 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Totally agree - if people weren't such fucking sheep in this country they might actually stand a chance. They are the true opposition party  because both Labour and the Tories are the free-market obssessed bitches of the corporate world.

Anyobody who voluntarily wants to pay 50% tax deserves to be kicked in the bollocks.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 72
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 6:48:46 PM   
Mr E

I will be voting Tory. George Osborne is absolutely fine to be honest. Several intelligent businessmen who are cleverer than most people have come out in support of George Osborne's National Insurance plans. Vince Cable is overrated and actually quite thick. All of Labour are thick, especially the complete idiot that is Ed Balls.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 73
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 8:59:47 PM   
Felix

quote:

quote:

I shall be voting Tory.

Down with Brown

Why do you care? We dont need the opinion of quitters cheers...

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 74
RE: The General Election - 1/4/2010 8:59:50 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr E

I will be voting Tory. George Osborne is absolutely fine to be honest. Several intelligent businessmen who are cleverer than most people have come out in support of George Osborne's National Insurance plans. Vince Cable is overrated and actually quite thick. All of Labour are thick, especially the complete idiot that is Ed Balls.

Well you've won me over...

It's no surprise that Business men have come out in support of the Conservative chancellor... They are after all the party of business. They will always stand up for the business owners and therefore will get support from a lot of them based on that.

Would you like to tell me exactly why Vince Cable is thick? What has he done that makes him thick? I'm curious. And All of Labour are thick? wow is that a sweeping and untrue statement.

I'm really against the conservatives as a party but I would never say they were all thick as it's not true. I personally quite like Ken Clarke and think that William Hague is a very intelligent man, more as well but I can't be bothered to go on. I just oppose their views. I do think George Osbourne doesn't really know what he's doing as he's done nothing to convince me otherwise.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Mr E)
Post #: 75
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 12:22:30 AM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

quote:

I shall be voting Tory.

Down with Brown

Why do you care? We dont need the opinion of quitters cheers...

Postal vote! Not that it really matters as my district is about 99% labour

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 76
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 9:52:01 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr E

As Moon said, of course they're going to back a policy that saves them money. They don't want to be paying more NI than they do because it will hit their profits.

I love the Tories saying they will raise £6bn by cutting government waste. How exactly will they do that because their policies don't amount to much at the moment. Not only that but they are really going to hurt pensioners and lower income earners by bringing forward the raising of the state pension age and 'restoring the link between the basic state pension and average earnings.' Nice to see them hurting the lowest earners again!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Mr E)
Post #: 77
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 11:46:23 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

Totally agree - if people weren't such fucking sheep in this country they might actually stand a chance. They are the true opposition party† because both Labour and the Tories are the free-market obssessed bitches of the corporate world.

I am more than likely voting for the Lib Dems. I don't like Clegg that much but I think he has certainly improved in my estimation in the past few months despite being clearly overshadowed by Cable, who I agree would be a good choice for chancellor. He's probably the most straight talking, perceptive of the three with clearly outlined aims for the future.

I cannot bring myself to vote tory for all their fictional promises about cutting the deficit with money that doesn't exist. Their campaigns about death taxes have the stench of the tactics of the US Republicans, and their rhetoric about 'Broken Britain' is a crock of reactionary, nationalistic bullshit. Labour it should be self-evident why not to vote for them, not least the fact that a clown like Blair can get into power.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 78
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 2:53:55 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

Anyobody who voluntarily wants to pay 50% tax deserves to be kicked in the bollocks.

50% on high earners is fair enough in this climate. Also the Lib Dems are the only party who will cut Trident - an easy £100 billion saving that the other two won't commit to

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 79
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 4:19:19 PM   
paul_ie86

What amount does the 50% tax kick in at?

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 80
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 4:36:13 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I'm assuming it's going to be around the Labour 150k mark or maybe a bit less. 

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 81
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 4:44:31 PM   
paul_ie86

That seems fair enough to me.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 82
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 6:26:34 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Totally agree - if people weren't such fucking sheep in this country they might actually stand a chance. They are the true opposition party† because both Labour and the Tories are the free-market obssessed bitches of the corporate world.

50% on high earners is fair enough in this climate. Also the Lib Dems are the only party who will cut Trident - an easy £100 billion saving that the other two won't commit to

That figure seems a bit high. This is one of those policies that I'm not sure I agree with the Lib Dems on. I think we need a nuclear deterrent, maybe not now but in the future it might be needed. Better to be safe than sorry imo.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

Post #: 83
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 7:49:01 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That figure seems a bit high. This is one of those policies that I'm not sure I agree with the Lib Dems on. I think we need a nuclear deterrent, maybe not now but in the future it might be needed. Better to be safe than sorry imo.

I hate to say this but I think you're wrong. No country really wants a nuclear war, the closest we've come is arguably the Cuban missile crisis and in that both the Russians and the Americans did everything they could to avoid having to use nuclear weapons against each other with both sides making concessions that they did not want to. I think we're much more at danger of a bomb simply being set off in the middle of a city rather than a missile launch. I don't quite know how we can build a system to stop this type of bombing, and I don't even think that it's that likely. I'm all for disarmament, I think someone needs to start it, as no country seems willing to disarm unless all other countries follow suit.

As for the 50% tax on high earners I am massively in favour of this, I know it's easy to say not earning anywhere near enough, but I hope I'd be in favour if I was too, I honestly believe that those who are well off in society should help those that are not, build a fairer society and all that...

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 84
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 8:11:39 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

I hate to say this but I think you're wrong. No country really wants a nuclear war, the closest we've come is arguably the Cuban missile crisis and in that both the Russians and the Americans did everything they could to avoid having to use nuclear weapons against each other with both sides making concessions that they did not want to. I think we're much more at danger of a bomb simply being set off in the middle of a city rather than a missile launch. I don't quite know how we can build a system to stop this type of bombing, and I don't even think that it's that likely. I'm all for disarmament, I think someone needs to start it, as no country seems willing to disarm unless all other countries follow suit.

Nuclear disarmament is just one big prisoner's dilemma, so I cant ever see complete nuclear disarmament happening. Sure it is in the best interests of all countries to disarm, but no one wants to be the first to get rid of their nuclear weapons (and with countries like Russia, China, India and Pakistan I cant ever see them giving up their nuclear weapons).

I agree with you that most countries do not want a nuclear war (it is a weapon of last resort) and at the moment we may not need a nuclear deterrent. But if ten years down the line circumstances change and we dont have a nuclear deterrent, then we are pretty screwed. I would rather not take that chance.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 85
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 8:20:47 PM   
swordsandsandals

Hi there, late to the party and all, but I'll probably just vote for Green or something. I can't really support any of the main three.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 86
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 10:20:47 PM   
sanchia

I would say make certain you carefully red their manifesto before deciding to vote Green. It has some good points, some extreme naivity, and some laugh out loud moments and I tend to think if there are things to laugh at in a serious political document that is not a good thing.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 87
RE: The General Election - 2/4/2010 11:10:49 PM   
swordsandsandals

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I would say make certain you carefully red their manifesto before deciding to vote Green. It has some good points, some extreme naivity, and some laugh out loud moments and I tend to think if there are things to laugh at in a serious political document that is not a good thing.

Yeah, but they aren't going to win the seat. I guess I could always spoil my vote.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 88
RE: The General Election - 3/4/2010 11:02:05 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I love the Tories saying they will raise £6bn by cutting government waste. How exactly will they do that because their policies don't amount to much at the moment. Not only that but they are really going to hurt pensioners and lower income earners by bringing forward the raising of the state pension age and 'restoring the link between the basic state pension and average earnings.' Nice to see them hurting the lowest earners again!

This to me perfectly encapsulates the way the Tory party will say and promise anything, so long as they don't have to explain how they will do it. 'Vague' seems to be the main Tory policy.

I'm another who will be voting Lib Dem (for the first time). I've always voted Labour but my conscience simply won't allow me to this time around (it also helps that Hull is staunchly Labour!); and there is simply no way on God's green earth that I will vote for this current Tory party. Cameron is a snake in wolf's clothing still suckling on Thatcher's withered teats, and Osbourne is laughable.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 89
RE: The General Election - 3/4/2010 11:09:24 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Yeah, but they aren't going to win the seat. I guess I could always spoil my vote.

Stranger things have happened. I know they have quite a voice in Norwich City Council and some of their proposals,if they ever pass, will kill the city which considering it is not in the best condition is not a difficult task. I tend to believe that a lot of people will vote outside of the main parties this time due to feeling disenfranchised by them which could potentially lead to some strange wins. That said i think it is going to be the lowest turn out ever, I would imagine in the high 20% or so.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The General Election Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI