Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The British Politics Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 11:40:29 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

Actually I did read somewhere (newspaper probably, can't remember when) that there are large numbers of foreign students 'lost' in the UK. In other words people had come over as students (unsure if they genuinely were or not, I'm sure most were) and disappeared into the country, the Home Office or whoever can't track them down haha!. Apparently coming over as a student is an easy way into the UK for obvious reasons.

Is that the same newspaper that didn't tell you a black man was being touted as a stalking horse candidate for Cameron or that a black woman stood for the labour leadership?

Is it maybe more a 'newsletter'?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5671
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 12:47:30 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
And why does a particular scene in Chasing Amy keep running through my head?

That would depend on the scene, what rocks your boat... and what you are doing at the time.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 31/1/2013 12:51:40 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 5672
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:01:44 PM   
horribleives

Either way, having a scene from any Kevin Smith film running through your head is extremely dangerous and he should consult a surgeon to remove the poorly written critter immediately.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5673
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:10:46 PM   
Phubbs

I recall what the Daily Telegraph report was about now. The article was about Acton in London where reports of small groups of Muslim men are trying to enforce Shria law in the local area. There have been reports of local Muslim shop keepers banning drinking in the streets around their stores, approaching young women about the way they dress, homophobic verbal assaults on non Muslims and even trying to stop non Muslims entering heavily populated Muslim areas. There has been a police arrest over some of this apparently, not sure exactly what but to do with these small groups of Muslim males roaming around. Anyway there was a good article about this on the 29th in the Telegraph which was very interesting, haven't seen or heard of this in my neck of the woods yet. The article was entitled 'I don't recognise where I live anymore'...I think.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9836109/Muslim-patrols-could-become-more-prevalent-and-more-violent-warns-anti-extremist.html
This isn't the report I read but it's similar.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/22/muslim-patrol-london-police-arrests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2263905/Muslim-patrol-Hooded-vigilantes-walking-streets-London-telling-women-cover-taking-alcohol-hands-revellers-behave-Islamic-way.html

This article looks very interesting but you need to subscribe to see it all dagnabbit!
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article3672194.ece

So there you go, some backup for my 'rants' that some claim I make up.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 5674
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:15:17 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

So there you go, some backup for my 'rants' that some claim I make up.

The East London Mosque has condemned the actions. It said in a statement last week that individuals claiming to be 'Muslim patrols' have been harassing members of the public on the streets of east London late at night, including outside the mosque after it has closed, and that it had contacted the police to alert them to the presence of the individuals and video.

"These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord," it said.

"We wholly condemn them. The East London Mosque is committed to building co-operation and harmony between all communities in this borough. The actions of this tiny minority have no place in our faith nor on our streets.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5675
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:15:34 PM   
elab49

But they have no legitimacy to what they're doing so what's the point you're trying to make? If they assault/abuse people trying this on they'll be done for it. No different from another bunch of nobs trying it on. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5676
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:17:06 PM   
MonsterCat

With any kind of religion you're going to get nut jobs who will twist and bend their chosen religion to their liking.

Just because you've got some Muslim dudes willing to fuck shit up in the name of their religion doesn't mean they're speaking for all Muslims. I'm pretty sure a majority of them would actually be disgusted by such behavior.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5677
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:19:08 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

You'd never get the Catholics being homophobic.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5678
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:19:55 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

With any kind of religion you're going to get nut jobs who will twist and bend their chosen religion to their liking.

Just because you've got some Muslim dudes willing to fuck shit up in the name of their religion doesn't mean they're speaking for all Muslims. I'm pretty sure a majority of them would actually be disgusted by such behavior.

Fuck, you don't even have to be religious. Beating up teh gheys and harrassing people dressed in clothing they don't approve of is the sort of crap the National Front and EDL-type wankers have done for decades.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5679
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:24:56 PM   
Phubbs

Annnnd immigrants on benefits...
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobileweb/2013/01/06/immigrants-uk-benfits-romania-bulgaria-prime-minister_n_2420069.html

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5680
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:32:47 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Fuck, you don't even have to be religious. Beating up teh gheys and harrassing people dressed in clothing they don't approve of is the sort of crap the National Front and EDL-type wankers have done for decades.

This is what my grandmother gets up to when she's been knocking back on the cough syrup.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5681
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:32:53 PM   
rawlinson

Phubbs, are you actually reading any of these links before posting them? Because not one of them lends support to your racism. You have a conservative prime minister saying immigration and the ability to claim benefits should be made more difficult. It's not backing up your position that immigrants flood in to claim benefits.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5682
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:34:16 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

This is what my grandmother gets up to when she's been knocking back on the cough syrup.

The weird thing is that once she moves on to Gin she's very gay friendly.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5683
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:36:12 PM   
Phubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Phubbs, are you actually reading any of these links before posting them? Because not one of them lends support to your racism. You have a conservative prime minister saying immigration and the ability to claim benefits should be made more difficult. It's not backing up your position that immigrants flood in to claim benefits.

Lol! I was expecting that reply. Our PM is saying it should be harder, in other words right now it's relatively easy by comparison, hence it needs to be harder.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 5684
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:39:56 PM   
rawlinson

Can we just take it as read now that Phubbs is trolling the thread for attention? Because even a five year old could see the logic fail in all of this.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5685
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:44:38 PM   
Chief

Hi Phubbs, what are your thoughts on asylum seekers?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5686
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:45:14 PM   
Phubbs

quote:

Can we just take it as read now that Phubbs is trolling the thread for attention? Because even a five year old could see the logic fail in all of this.

Lol!! Weak excuse.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 5687
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:47:58 PM   
Phubbs

On an unrelated point, don't you guys work? Hehe I'm on holiday right now, just curious :)

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5688
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:50:51 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

On an unrelated point, don't you guys work? Hehe I'm on holiday right now, just curious :)

I'm guessing on an island without them pesky Muslims and Blacks, you daft racist.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 31/1/2013 1:51:18 PM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5689
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 1:56:44 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Lol!! Weak excuse.

Excuse for what? You are a troll. I don't know about "racist" per se but you definitely sound paranoid and unhinged.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5690
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 2:19:48 PM   
matty_b

quote:

No, I'm on benefits, but it's OK cos I'm totally English and shit.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5691
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 2:25:41 PM   
DancingClown

I work in immigration. Just taking a long lunch.

Oops.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5692
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 2:25:53 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Yeah, but you also run a dating service that matches white women with black men.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 5693
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 2:35:56 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but you also run a dating service that matches white women with black men.

That was really successful too until it went pop as there was full market saturation. Which of course is why he had to go on benefits. It's a cautionary tale.

< Message edited by superdan -- 31/1/2013 2:36:33 PM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 5694
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 2:36:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Hehe I'm on holiday right now, just curious :)

I bet you're really looking forward to tonights entertainment.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5695
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 3:48:48 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

I'm guessing on an island without them pesky Muslims and Blacks, you daft racist.

I am at work. And that made me laugh out loud.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5696
[Awaiting Approval]
Phubbs

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 5697
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 3:51:34 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

You so want to call that dating service "99 Problems ... "

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 5698
[Awaiting Approval]
Phubbs

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 5699
RE: The British Politics Thread - 31/1/2013 4:03:59 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

You so want to call that dating service "99 Problems ... "

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  188 189 [190] 191 192   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI