Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The British Politics Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:01:16 AM   
Pigeon Army

Ohayou, phubbs. Hajime ma shite?

EDIT: Watashi wa wa gakkou ni Phubbs ni noru.

< Message edited by Pigeon Army -- 12/12/2012 3:05:45 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 5371
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:02:12 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Lol

I live in London. When I see you on public transport I'm going to loudly speak in a foreign language and THERE WON'T BE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You make Phubbs and therefore all of us fucking sick. GO HOME YOU ABOMINATION.

بحار انكليزي التعامل معها، أمتك لنا

If I can't read it it means you are a terrorist, and this page has been forwarded to Theresa May. Good luck you terrorist jihader.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5372
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:02:38 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

Does Australia have mass housing problems? an rapidly increasing population? job issues? lack of space? people flooding in from all over with no trades or skills?

If the answer is no then your immigration system works, which it does. The points system to get in is very strict, I know. The fact the Aussies put immigrants on these islands is because they don't accept just anyone in to the country, YOU NEED TO OFFER THE COUNTRY SOMETHING SO THEY KNOW YOU WON'T DEPEND ON THE STATE. That's completely right and how it should be, like I said many many now want that system here.

I'm not even going to get into this because clearly neither of us are going to have a reasonable debate on this issue. And it's not because I can't argue the point, it's because I really don't want too.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5373
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:06:22 AM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lol

I live in London. When I see you on public transport I'm going to loudly speak in a foreign language and THERE WON'T BE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You make Phubbs and therefore all of us fucking sick. GO HOME YOU ABOMINATION.

بحار انكليزي التعامل معها، أمتك لنا

If I can't read it it means you are a terrorist, and this page has been forwarded to Theresa May. Good luck you terrorist jihader.

Tíocfaidh ár lá, ye cute hoor.

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

大声笑phubbs是个种族主义者

איר ניטאָ איינער טשיקי קאַנט פּאָר

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5374
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:06:37 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Does Australia have mass housing problems? an rapidly increasing population? job issues? lack of space? people flooding in from all over with no trades or skills?

If the answer is no then your immigration system works, which it does. The points system to get in is very strict, I know. The fact the Aussies put immigrants on these islands is because they don't accept just anyone in to the country, YOU NEED TO OFFER THE COUNTRY SOMETHING SO THEY KNOW YOU WON'T DEPEND ON THE STATE. That's completely right and how it should be, like I said many many now want that system here.

I'm not even going to get into this because clearly neither of us are going to have a reasonable debate on this issue. And it's not because I can't argue the point, it's because I really don't want too.

My sister (and I was geniune about her moving out there - not about the supremacy thing though) has a Phd and is a highly qualified conservationist. Unfortunately, that doesn't count nearly as much as my fuckup brother who can craft a decent mitre joint

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 5375
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:08:12 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

Wait wait wait

To be an immigrant, you need to have skills/education so that you're employable

Yet we don't want immigrants because they'll take er jobs

So we impose restrictions to limit immigration so that immigrants are all skilled

So that they take all the skilled jobs you want to protect from nefarious immigrants

your logic

is a problem

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5376
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:11:28 AM   
Phubbs

No..I'm saying Australia and Canada are well known for not allowing people into the country unless they can prove they are able to support themselves for a certain time without depending on the state.

If you have a skill or trade like plumber, mechanic etc...then you will probably get in as they are valued skills.

If you just turn up with zero money and expect to walk in and be offered a home and benefits then you will probably end up on one of the islands haha. This is to protect the countries from what is happening in the UK basically, makes sense and its what the UK needs asap!.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 5377
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:13:10 AM   
superdan

quote:

Tíocfaidh ár lá, ye cute hoor.

If 'cute hoor' is anything to go by, I get the message. And I'm blushing a little.

*Got there in the end.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5378
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:13:16 AM   
Deviation

quote:

Nope, we have that, problem is that we're dealing with people here and some of us don't wish to be as brutal as other countries are, these are people coming from truly problematic places (ie, like war-torn Somalia), and some of the conditions the migrants are in in the detention centres or the open centre are somewhat horrific and on the level of a Kenyan refugee camp.

Btw, migrants with skills take jobs, and frankly I don't know what means today. It's not as if a job is by right of law yours.

quote:

Yeah I know, it's not as if some of these migrants actually want to work and lead a simple better life in a better country. I say we should all let them drown or starve at sea, no immgrant will reach shore and we will have solved our immigration problem. Gaddafi did it right too!

Btw, you can't talk about Australia, its situation, its people and how it works using your own logic, you're on the other side of the planet.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 12/12/2012 3:15:33 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5379
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:15:56 AM   
Phubbs

I have applied to live in Oz before :) its hard.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5380
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:17:18 AM   
superdan

quote:

If you just turn up with zero money and expect to walk in and be offered a home and benefits then you will probably end up on one of the islands haha.

Kind of like what we can do in other EU countries (trust me - I know a few people who have done). Those islands are pretty nice.

< Message edited by superdan -- 12/12/2012 3:18:24 AM >

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5381
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:17:50 AM   
Deviation

quote:

Yeah but you haven't lived. you have been disqualified using your logic to comment about it.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5382
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:18:06 AM   
Olaf

quote:

Did you decide against it because you were worried about being a drain on Australian society? Or did you not want to take any of those jerbs from honest hard workin Australians?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5383
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:18:07 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

No..I'm saying Australia and Canada are well known for not allowing people into the country unless they can prove they are able to support themselves for a certain time without depending on the state.

If you have a skill or trade like plumber, mechanic etc...then you will probably get in as they are valued skills.

If you just turn up with zero money and expect to walk in and be offered a home and benefits then you will probably end up on one of the islands haha. This is to protect the countries from what is happening in the UK basically, makes sense and its what the UK needs asap!.

Do you have statistics to back up your hysteria about immigrants coming in and going straight onto the benefit and never leaving it?

Like, seriously, how low your opinion is of your fellow man that you think the only reason that asylum seekers and immigrants come to the UK is to leech of the state and not, say, to get opportunities to work and earn significantly more than they could ever earn in their homeland (you know, to contribute), or to escape violent oppession.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5384
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:19:18 AM   
Phubbs

quote:

quote:

If you just turn up with zero money and expect to walk in and be offered a home and benefits then you will probably end up on one of the islands haha.

Kind of like what we can do in other EU countries (trust me - I know a few people who have done).

Exactly, this is what happens in the UK from all over Europe, since we all joined the EU, insane. Thing is the UK is stupid enough to actually hand out benefits and housing to these people!! before dealing with their own people!!.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5385
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:19:28 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Btw, you can't talk about Australia, its situation, its people and how it works using your own logic, you're on the other side of the planet.

quote:

As I've said to people before, come live in London for a year or so and get a clue, until then you have no real right to even comment on how the UK works, jesus!

quote:

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5386
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:22:24 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kind of like what we can do in other EU countries (trust me - I know a few people who have done).

Exactly, this is what happens in the UK from all over Europe, since we all joined the EU, insane. Thing is the UK is stupid enough to actually hand out benefits and housing to these people!! before dealing with their own people!!.

Malta does that, it is genuinely horrible and is not only causing psychological stress to the migrants but also the soldiers gaurding them. Seeing the occasional riot in the detention centres is fun too.

Wonderful.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5387
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:23:00 AM   
Phubbs

quote:

quote:

Do you have statistics to back up your hysteria about immigrants coming in and going straight onto the benefit and never leaving it?

Like, seriously, how low your opinion is of your fellow man that you think the only reason that asylum seekers and immigrants come to the UK is to leech of the state and not, say, to get opportunities to work and earn significantly more than they could ever earn in their homeland (you know, to contribute), or to escape violent oppession.

Haha oh please! how you doing in your little utopia there? for f**ks sake!. Of course not EVERYONE does that but the UK does have a problem with that, the government/stats try to cover it but its common knowledge because I live in London and see it happening. Everyone knows about it, you could ask most British folk of any background, I also know people who work in the Home Office too.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 5388
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:24:48 AM   
Phubbs

quote:

quote:

Did you decide against it because you were worried about being a drain on Australian society? Or did you not want to take any of those jerbs from honest hard workin Australians?

Couldn't get in, failed the points test.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5389
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:27:07 AM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

quote:

So the Australian government deemed you to be a drain on their society? Unfortunate.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5390
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:27:27 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha oh please! how you doing in your little utopia there? for f**ks sake!. Of course not EVERYONE does that but the UK does have a problem with that, the government/stats try to cover it but its common knowledge because I live in London and see it happening. Everyone knows about it, you could ask most British folk of any background, I also know people who work in the Home Office too.

Oh please, you should know that anecdoctal "evidence" is absolutely nothing in the face of stone-cold statistics, which you have none other then conspiracy theories.

Oh and btw, one thing about your perception on things, including mine and everyone's here, it is flawed as fuck and there's a reason we don't use it as immediate confirmation. The amount of times I've seen locals here talking shit and pretending its true because they live here is immense, even if they got it totally wrong.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 12/12/2012 3:28:43 AM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5391
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:28:29 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So the Australian government deemed you to be a drain on their society? Unfortunate.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5392
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:29:27 AM   
Phubbs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Guess so *shrugs* my current work experience was not good enough and I have no family there to assist and I'm not rich hehe so yes.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5393
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:34:37 AM   
Deviation

So that pretty much bans you from talking about Australia. Soz bro.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5394
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:36:31 AM   
Olaf

Were you disappointed to be turned away from Australia? Or were you pleased to know that the Australian government's vigilant screening process helped prevent a drain on society like yourself from being allowed to enter? Because you are a drain on society, you understand.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5395
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:43:46 AM   
Deviation

I wonder how one must feel being a drain on society. It must give one an existential feeling.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5396
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:50:23 AM   
superdan

quote:

I wonder how one must feel being a drain on society. It must give one an existential feeling.

I living it right now. It just means you watch a lot of E4 and feel like a cunt for two weeks until you go to the dolescum office. Then you feel like a massive cunt.

I don't know if that is existential or not really.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5397
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:53:15 AM   
Phubbs

Not really a drain on the state as that would mean I would suck on benefits the minute I arrive. I would have tried to get a job in my field of work before going. There are areas of work Aus doesn't require.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 5398
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 3:55:37 AM   
Phubbs

quote:

quote:

I living it right now. It just means you watch a lot of E4 and feel like a cunt for two weeks until you go to the dolescum office. Then you feel like a massive cunt.

I don't know if that is existential or not really.

Get a job you bum!!! lol!!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5399
RE: The British Politics Thread - 12/12/2012 4:12:50 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

the government/stats try to cover it but its common knowledge because I live in London and see it happening. Everyone knows about it, you could ask most British folk of any background, I also know people who work in the Home Office too.

I'm really not sure how peddling conspiracy theories about a massive multi-government immigration cover-up and insisting on the veracity of anecdotal experiences we can't possibly independently verify is meant to help your case.

quote:

Not really a drain on the state as that would mean I would suck on benefits the minute I arrive. I would have tried to get a job in my field of work before going. There are areas of work Aus doesn't require.

But you're an outlier, aren't you! No other immigrant is like you. They're all irresponsible and coming in just to suckle on the teat of the government.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5400
Page:   <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI