Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The British Politics Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  175 176 [177] 178 179   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:44:15 PM   
Phubbs

That's because eventually everybody will be black or mixed race so obviously.

Meh...we'll see where we are in another 20/30 years.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 11/12/2012 4:46:08 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5281
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:47:45 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

That's because eventually everybody will be black or mixed race so obviously.

But who gives a toss if they are?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5282
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:52:03 PM   
Phubbs

Well...I would imagine you would if you were the only white fella around, or one of few.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5283
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:52:54 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

Well...I would imagine you would if you were the only white fella around, or one of few.

I don't think it would bother me to be honest. Why would it?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5284
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:56:13 PM   
Deviation

He's right, just look at how white people have stopped existing from multi-ethnic South American countries like Brazil...NO WAIT A SECOND.

You know what I like about the Americas? Occasionally, being a part of a country involves being a national there (which is why Peru can have a president of Japanese descent, or the way United States functions) and is not simply relegated to race or genetics.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5285
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:58:10 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

You make it sound as though you're going to end up in 28 Days Later or something. Except replace zombies with black people and Cillian Murphy with someone who thinks there's too many black people.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5286
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:58:21 PM   
Phubbs

You've never been to another country and been the only westerner around? the sense of sticking out like a sore thumb or being a bit vulnerable or slightly uncomfortable?. Nothing nasty but just very aware of your surroundings and the people around you. It can be a fun feeling but it can also be a lonely one too.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5287
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:01:06 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

You've never been to another country and been the only westerner around? the sense of sticking out like a sore thumb or being a bit vulnerable or slightly uncomfortable?. Nothing nasty but just very aware of your surroundings and the people around you. It can be a fun feeling but it can also be a lonely one too.

You think you would feel like this because there are a few more non-white people in the country? Surely that's crazy? You're that focussed on the skin colour of other people? If you're in another country and you feel out of place, it is not because of skin colour is it? Its because you aren't comfortable with the settings and traditions of where you are.

(I'm ginger and I can't go abroad because I burn if the temp tops 25 degrees)

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 11/12/2012 5:02:03 PM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5288
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:01:56 PM   
Deviation

quote:

What's the definition of a Westener today? I do hope Chile now fits in this description of the West which is kinda outdated since the Cold War right? Cause otherwise I've been to Chile and Tunisia and I had no problem being there, though I'm part Chilean so that might have worked.

Also, are you using black people as being indentified with "non-Western"?

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5289
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:04:11 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Only the ugly ones.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5290
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:09:01 PM   
Phubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

What's the definition of a Westener today? I do hope Chile now fits in this description of the West which is kinda outdated since the Cold War right? Cause otherwise I've been to Chile and Tunisia and I had no problem being there, though I'm part Chilean so that might have worked.

Also, are you using black people as being indentified with "non-Western"?

^ Errr no.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5291
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:11:09 PM   
paul_ie86

To which question? He asked 3 of them

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5292
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:24:06 PM   
Phubbs

Oh geez! westener, referring too basically people from the US or UK for me, of any background. I have no idea if Chile would come under that, technically it should along with the whole of South America but the term only tends or seems to be used for Americans and Brits, mainly the Americans.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 5293
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:26:21 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Oh geez! westener, referring too basically people from the US or UK for me, of any background. I have no idea if Chile would come under that, technically it should along with the whole of South America but the term only tends or seems to be used for Americans and Brits, mainly the Americans.

So you kicked out most of continental Western Europe, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice (and totally wrong).

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5294
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:26:38 PM   
Rhubarb

Are...the French not Westerners?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5295
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:29:29 PM   
Deviation

The Germans are clearly as Eastern as the Mongolians. And don't get me started on those racially inferior Slavs like the Czechs or Slovens or those filthy Semites the Malt.....oh.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 11/12/2012 5:30:44 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5296
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:30:58 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Are...the French not Westerners?

I think we both know the answer to that one. And it is, of course, that they are not. They're barely human.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5297
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:31:18 PM   
Rhubarb

You forgot the Polish.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5298
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:33:53 PM   
Deviation

quote:

You forgot the Polish.

They're under "filthy Slavs".

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5299
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:36:06 PM   
Phubbs

Guys the term 'Westerner' is merely a loose term people use to describe themselves generally...mainly whilst on holiday lol! I have traveled a lot through South East Asia so there I might refer to myself as a Westerner. I don't go around labeling myself a Westerner all the time!.

Also the term derives from west coast based Americans I think. Doesn't the nasty statement 'death to the west' mainly refer to the US hehe

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5300
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:37:08 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

You forgot the Polish.

They're under "filthy Slavs".

Oh yeah, quite right.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5301
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:38:15 PM   
Deviation

When I go on holiday, I tend to refer myself as a bastardized Maltese-Chilean. It's wierd I know, because it is a hell more clear then Westener.

Btw, you haven't answered my black people Westener questions. Some people in the Bahamas with a close history to the UK might love to know the answer to that.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5302
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 5:59:55 PM   
Phubbs

Already did, said no.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 11/12/2012 6:09:49 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5303
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:05:10 PM   
Deviation

So this being upset at "black people marrying white people" is just a racial thing? You know what makes you right?

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5304
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:15:55 PM   
Phubbs

Where are you from exactly? Chile? Malta? do you even have any experience of living with other people such as black people?. I've been to Peru and I know there aren't exactly many black people round those parts. Come and live in London for a year or two and see what its like. It also depends on your job too, so many youngsters go on about things like this yet have no actual real life experience to back it up.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5305
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:16:02 PM   
Deviation

Btw, why the fuck were black people even mentioned when most of the people born increased in significant numbers came from other etnicities, some of which are very white like the Poles?

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5306
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:21:01 PM   
Rhubarb

How far across the line do you have to go before you can be safely labelled a racist?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5307
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:21:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

How far across the line do you have to go before you can be safely labelled a racist?

About 4 miles ago.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5308
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:28:24 PM   
Phubbs

Typical response, that's why we have an immigration problem.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 5309
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 6:30:58 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Where are you from exactly? Chile? Malta? do you even have any experience of living with other people such as black people?. I've been to Peru and I know there aren't exactly many black people round those parts. Come and live in London for a year or two and see what its like. It also depends on your job too, so many youngsters go on about things like this yet have no actual real life experience to back it up.

Malta with a Chilean father.

A- Peru has tiny black population that is 2% of the population, the rest is still mixed a lot. I'm not sure that also considers the mulattos and zambos btw. The mixed Meztizos are about 40% of the country and that the biggest part of the population. I'm not sure that also considers the mulattos and zambos btw.
B- Yes, we have quite a bit of black people in Malta, and because of a very serious phenomenon which will be very hard and delicate to deal with, illegal immigration coming from Somalia, Eritrea and other parts of Africa. One of the most problematic in Europe alongside Greece.
C- I also live in a varied area and I've met black people (some of which are totally legal to live here), Germans, Greeks, Poles, a couple of Bulgarians, French, Serbs and some others. I've also met some Indonesians, Filipinos and a friend of mine is half-Punjabi who living here. The difference is that the rest of Malta can still be described as quite homogenous. Oh and I'm totally fine with it, it being finding all these people here.
D- I meet them on the street every day and tend to meet some of those in the bars I frequent, my job is in another sector.
E- Did you just use "black people" to descibe a monogamous whole, when you yourself should better that simply being black does not give away what ethnicity you are. For fuck's sake, the Jamiacans, the Bahamas or the Africans are three different groups. You should know this.

quote:

Typical response, that's why we have an immigration problem.

There's many reasons why you have an immigration problem, your comments set the debate 20 miles backwards.

EDIT: Oh and the saddest bit of the entire thing was the Welsh language slowly dying, though maybe that comes from coming from a backdrop where one's language is important and seeing a language slowly die out is always a sad thing, be it Welsh, Basque, Irish, Burusho or any other language.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 11/12/2012 6:55:20 PM >

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5310
Page:   <<   < prev  175 176 [177] 178 179   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  175 176 [177] 178 179   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI