Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The British Politics Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  174 175 [176] 177 178   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The British Politics Thread - 5/12/2012 3:20:34 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

I think if a snap General Election was held today I'd fancy Labour to squeak a majority

Scary thought....

Not half as scary as the thought of this bunch of clowns being in power for another 2 and a half years.

I'd rather have this bunch than the moronic dick-eds

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 5251
RE: The British Politics Thread - 5/12/2012 3:30:00 PM   
elab49

Can we not at least agree they're all useless twonks? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5252
RE: The British Politics Thread - 5/12/2012 3:32:04 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I can agree with that.

Can anyone remember the times when there used to be actually talented politicians who were doing it because they believed in what they were doing?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5253
RE: The British Politics Thread - 5/12/2012 3:48:30 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I can agree with that.

Can anyone remember the times when there used to be actually talented politicians who were doing it because they believed in what they were doing?

I agree too... Labour deserved to lose power when they did though... power corrupts. There are a handful on each side that I do still really like though. Shame the wrong brother got in, did anyone see David Miliband on the Andrew Marr show last week?... a very impressive chap.

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 5/12/2012 3:49:14 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 5254
RE: The British Politics Thread - 5/12/2012 3:54:19 PM   
superdan

David Miliband was too close to the Iraq war debacle for my liking and along with Alan Johnson personified the creeping erosion of civil liberties that took place under the last Labour govt. Thoroughly tainted goods.

Still rather have him than Cameron though

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5255
RE: The British Politics Thread - 6/12/2012 1:40:13 AM   
boaby

Tories will be Tories.

The only substance in UK politics is that which smells bad and should be flushed.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5256
RE: The British Politics Thread - 6/12/2012 9:03:26 AM   
sanchia

As I am understanding the assessments, those with an income over 150k will be 5,000 a year better off. Those who are unemployed or on low to middle incomes worse off.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 5257
RE: The British Politics Thread - 6/12/2012 9:32:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Does anyone really expect any different under this bunch?

Conservatives gonna conserve (the interests of the 1%)

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 6/12/2012 9:33:16 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 5258
RE: The British Politics Thread - 6/12/2012 11:28:18 AM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Also when it was all fields, and young people used to respect their elders. I don't believe, as much as I disagree with this government that they are in it for any other reason than because they believe in it - I don't buy the benifits of being in politics for any other reason really.

Something I was thinking about yesterday - what has David Cameron actually done, so far? What has he achieved? I can think of a bunch of things he's got wrong (the way he handled the Leveson affair, the NHS, the not-working austerity, having the poor foot the national bills, the wanky in-out views on Europe) as is always the case with PMs but struggling to think of anything of note he's achieved, whether I agree with him achieving it at all? Unless you count killing the Lib Dems stone dead as a party. He has handled that well.

< Message edited by Rhubarb -- 6/12/2012 11:32:23 AM >

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 5259
RE: The British Politics Thread - 6/12/2012 11:32:06 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Wow the pro Labour press must have really being doing the rounds.

According to the tax expert I listened to last night it was an even handed statement but apparently not reading the comments on here.

Basic rate of income tax rises to nearly 10K, helping everyone.
Basic state pension rises by 2.5%.
Annual pension allowance cut for those wanting to pay in more than 40K.
40% band rises less than inflation bringing more higher rate tax payer into scope due to fiscal drag.
Much more prosecutions for tax evasion, with new legislation coming in next year against avoidance.
5bn extra coming in from Swiss accounts previously not picked up on.

Are we still to be outraged about benefits being capped at 26,000 tax free and claim only the poorer end of society are paying?
Whats that work out to? Earning of about 38K if you're working and paying tax?
I see Balls is still trying to make hay out of the cut from 50% to 45% dispite the fact that Labour will not re-instate it, while totally ignoring any of the methods being put into place to stop tax avoidance. Measures that the last government did nothing about incidentally.
What about the tax on the higher pensions being hit or people wanting to make higher contributions of their pension?
No we're supposed to make these hits, without touching welfare, maternity pay or child tax credits.

I can't see how this is a "take from the poor to pay the rich" statement. Is it really too much to ask for a little bit of balance?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 7/12/2012 10:56:16 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 5260
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 10:18:50 AM   
Sinatra

Nice post Bob...

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5261
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 12:07:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Nice post Bob...

This place will ramp up again once another story breaks with the usual spin.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 11/12/2012 12:16:10 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5262
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 12:20:57 PM   
Sinatra

There's always something to be outraged about....

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5263
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 12:26:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Sorry we are too busy recycling and reading the Guardian.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5264
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 12:29:33 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Sorry we are too busy recycling and reading the Guardian.

And eating tofu and lentils. Don't forget the tofu and lentils.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 5265
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 12:30:18 PM   
Sinatra

Aint that the truth... i reckon there must be close to a hundred Guardian links on this thread..

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 5266
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:02:31 PM   
Phubbs

Well far from me to be a gloom merchant but this proves quite shockingly how the UK and especially London has changed. Its finally happened here in London, white folk are now the minority in our own country, well done Labour. On the other hand now I can use the race card eh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20677515

Huge increases in population when jobs are few and far between, constant increase in taxes, fuel etc... I live in South London and on local news it has been said there are MASSIVE housing shortages, people being put up by the local councils in bed n breakfasts/hotels for over 6months. Immigration still crippling the country, mainly London with increases in people born from outside the UK. Over population will finish this country in the end, and the stats show it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/census-reveals-white-britons-as-minority-in-capital-for-first-time-8405998.html

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-12-11/key-figures-from-the-2011-census/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246288/Census-data-Immigrant-population-England-Wales-jumps-THREE-MILLION-10-years.html

One major reason for the explosion in the foreign-born population is the accession of 12 countries in central and eastern Europe to the EU, giving them the right to live and work in the UK - the population of Poles in England and Wales has grown nine-fold over the decade.

The only problem with large scale immigration is that the UK is not self sufficient in energy, food and base commodities, all of which have to be imported to support a growing population. Because we don't make stuff to sell abroad, our balance of payments will continue to deteriorate. This is even before we've addressed the lack of housing, school places or health services. It is true that historically, immigration has preceded rapid growth, but it is hard to see how this can be repeated.

The UK cannot cope with this constant increase! when will the government understand and see this!!?.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/2011-census-mixed-race-jessica-1484384

And to be honest something that hurts me on a personal level as a white British male, the fact that apparently we are no longer considered part of the typical British family!. Now the typical British family is a white woman and black man! this was of course nailed home in the Olympic opening ceremony also, we are being bred out then I guess. Its very easy to see in London as 8/10 white women are now with a black or mixed race male. Mixed race folk now being the biggest increase, again very easy to see in London.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 5267
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:13:00 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs
And to be honest something that hurts me on a personal level as a white British male, the fact that apparently we are no longer considered part of the typical British family!. Now the typical British family is a white woman and black man! this was of course nailed home in the Olympic opening ceremony also, we are being bred out then I guess. Its very easy to see in London as 8/10 white women are now with a black or mixed race male. Mixed race folk now being the biggest increase, again very easy to see in London.

I don't understand. What is the problem with this exactly? (And where has the 8/10 figure come from).

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5268
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:19:26 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 5269
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:26:57 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

I don't understand. What is the problem with this exactly? (And where has the 8/10 figure come from).

I think by 8/10 it means white women are now only mostly white, since there's the odd hand, or an errant ear, that's magically turned black. Or something.

Speaking as a fellow British white male, I don't give a shit about this, because t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶b̶a̶b̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶ it doesn't really matter. That and I don't live in London, it being a wretched hive of scum and villainy and all.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 5270
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:52:07 PM   
Phubbs

I just don't like the fact that the average British family is now perceived as a white woman and black male, it kinda feels like white males are no longer desirable or wanted. You certainly feel it more if you live in London I assure you. The 8/10 is my own calculation hehe. I work nights and see a lot of folk out n about everyday of the week, in South London 8 out of 10 white girls/women you see is with a black or mixed race man. Believe it or not but you hardly see white women with white guys anymore, hence the census showing the big increase in mixed race people now.

I'm just curious to know what is going on here? the stats are in and we can all see what's happening here, can't hide from it now. Same goes for immigration, when does this end now? how far does this go? when there are no more white British folk left? is this the goal?. It will happen to London first as you can now see, but the rest of the UK will follow.

I just want to know where this is leading and what exactly is the government trying to do.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 11/12/2012 3:55:20 PM >

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 5271
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 3:59:01 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

I'm just curious to know what is going on here? the stats are in and we can all see what's happening here, can't hide from it now. Same goes for immigration, when does this end now? how far does this go? when there are no more white British folk left? is this the goal?. It will happen to London first as you can now see, but the rest of the UK will follow.

I just want to know where this is leading and what exactly is the government trying to do.

Maybe the government should outlaw inter-racial romances or something to stop this conspiracy in its tracks.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5272
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:14:19 PM   
Rebel scum

WAIT.

Maybe this is why Vad3r is still single.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5273
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:16:13 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

I just don't like the fact that the average British family is now perceived as a white woman and black male

By who?

quote:

it kinda feels like white males are no longer desirable or wanted.

Only the ugly ones.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5274
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:18:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

Only the ugly ones.

And the ginger ones.

AMIRITE?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5275
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:21:22 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Maybe the government should outlaw inter-racial romances or something to stop this conspiracy in its tracks.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 5276
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:22:44 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only the ugly ones.

And the ginger ones.

AMIRITE?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

Post #: 5277
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:24:35 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Maybe it is too late. Evidence points to this conspiracy going up to the highest level...

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 5278
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:26:35 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only the ugly ones.

And the ginger ones.

AMIRITE?

Is she crying because she's been reading this thread?

quote:

Maybe it is too late. Evidence points to this conspiracy going up to the highest level...

You notice how she left Phil at home for the day?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 5279
RE: The British Politics Thread - 11/12/2012 4:32:01 PM   
superdan

quote:

Well, I'm no expert but if interracial partnerships increase apace over the next 10 years, I would imagine the ultimate result would be that an ever-growing number of people will care less and less about skin colour. Which of course would be a fucking awful dystopia.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 5280
Page:   <<   < prev  174 175 [176] 177 178   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The British Politics Thread Page: <<   < prev  174 175 [176] 177 178   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI