Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 25/11/2011 12:52:07 PM   
Gizmo 76

DIdn't want to start a new thread just for the game, and with just mine being the only comment

But if you have a 3DS, you HAVE to get Super Mario 3D Land... Could well be my game of the year!!

Short and sweet pick up and play levels, perfect for a handheld, but getting all the star medals is a challenge and the game is actually twice the game you think it is! The 3D is by far the best used on the 3DS, the game is actually harder in 2D mode, the 3D really makes jumping and judging distances far easier, and some levels really use the effect superbly and show the true potential of what 3D can bring. There are so many genius moments throughout the game as well, Nintendo at it's best!

Mario Kart 7 next week

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 61
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 25/11/2011 2:55:34 PM   
xim123

I'm quite tempted by the Zelda 3DS and Super Mario Land but I don't know why.

My Film Diary

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 62
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 25/11/2011 5:30:35 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

DIdn't want to start a new thread just for the game, and with just mine being the only comment

But if you have a 3DS, you HAVE to get Super Mario 3D Land... Could well be my game of the year!!

Short and sweet pick up and play levels, perfect for a handheld, but getting all the star medals is a challenge and the game is actually twice the game you think it is! The 3D is by far the best used on the 3DS, the game is actually harder in 2D mode, the 3D really makes jumping and judging distances far easier, and some levels really use the effect superbly and show the true potential of what 3D can bring. There are so many genius moments throughout the game as well, Nintendo at it's best!

Mario Kart 7 next week

Geek

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 63
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 26/11/2011 2:30:02 PM   
ChickMagnet

I am considering picking one up, seeing as after Christmas there's usually no new games coming out till March/April time it'd be the perfect time to save up for one.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 64
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 26/11/2011 4:03:09 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm getting one for Xmas with Ocarina of Time. Will eventually pick Mario 3D Land too. Have been given a copy of Hollywood Crimes to review. Will probably be arse but looks like a nice little puzzler to pass the time.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 65
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 28/12/2011 12:17:13 PM   
ChickMagnet

So anyone who's read the What Santa Brought Me or Latest Game I Bought thread will now know, I had no reason to save for one, Mrs Me bought the Zelda Anniversary edition for Christmas, quite simply put, Best. Present. Ever.

Only downside? I gpt her one of the Blue Limited Edition Wii's for Christmas, and she can send her Mii to my 3DS but we can't do it vice-versa, for shame Nintendo, for shame!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 66
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 3/1/2012 10:41:48 PM   
juanvasquez

I'm dead impressed with the 3DS. Ocarina of Time has never been better. Improved graphics, frame rate and stunning 3D. The kids both have one too, with Mario Kart 7 and Mario Land 3D. Kart is superb as you'd expect with some cracking courses and some updates of older ones. Mario Land, whilst keeping with the 3D gameplay we've seen since 64, there's just something missing. I don't know if it's the levels being surprisingly short or the fact that it's just the same thing over again. It's still decent, mind, I just don't seem to be enjoying it as muh as I've come to expect from a Mario game. The 3D isn't that great either, which is surprising given how much depth Zelda and Mario Kart 7 have.

I've also got Hollywood Crimes which was sent to me before xmas to review. It's still in its wrapper though. Can't be arsed at the minute.

Post #: 67
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 20/1/2012 3:45:36 PM   
juanvasquez

There's a free demo on the e-store of the new Resident Evil game.

Post #: 68
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 15/2/2012 9:57:12 PM   
juanvasquez

MGS: Snake Eater 3D demo will be up on the e-store tomorrow.

Post #: 69
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 6/5/2012 5:56:33 PM   
juanvasquez

Been playing a fair bit of Mario Land 3D again. I still think some of the levels are too short, but it's still good fun. I reckon New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be better though. That's not too far away. It's out this summer.

Post #: 70
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 7/5/2012 5:54:30 PM   
Super Hans

So, what's the current judgement on the 3DS - has it still got legs, has the games catalogue improved? I'm currently saving hard for my wife's 30th birthday present (iPad) and I'm considering aaccidentally-on-purpose saving up more than I need and treating myself to something at the same time! Might be a tall order but I'm thinking trading in my trusty DS Lite for a 3DS could be an option (indeed, even if I do it later in the year)....

< Message edited by Super Hans -- 7/5/2012 6:06:13 PM >

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 71
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 7/5/2012 7:49:14 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

So, what's the current judgement on the 3DS - has it still got legs, has the games catalogue improved? I'm currently saving hard for my wife's 30th birthday present (iPad) and I'm considering aaccidentally-on-purpose saving up more than I need and treating myself to something at the same time! Might be a tall order but I'm thinking trading in my trusty DS Lite for a 3DS could be an option (indeed, even if I do it later in the year)....

Personally, I think it's a worthy successor, with the games I've played so far all being pretty much awesome. The upgrade on Ocarina of Time is astonishing. Naturally Mario Kart 7 and Mario Land 3D are proper good fun, too. The catalogue is still relatively small in terms of decent titles, but given it's backwards compatibility, it's definitely worth it.

Still want to pick up Starfox and Resident Evil Revelations.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 72
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 7/5/2012 10:08:56 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Personally, I think it's a worthy successor, with the games I've played so far all being pretty much awesome. The upgrade on Ocarina of Time is astonishing. Naturally Mario Kart 7 and Mario Land 3D are proper good fun, too. The catalogue is still relatively small in terms of decent titles, but given it's backwards compatibility, it's definitely worth it.

Still want to pick up Starfox and Resident Evil Revelations.

Sounds promising! You're right, the backwards compatability means that any other games are a bonus really, so as long as there's enough to make use of the upgraded hardware it should be cool. If I can get it somewhere nearer the 100 mark with a trade in, and I have the cash, I may go for it.

One thing just occurred, can you play a wifi link up between a DS lite and a 3DS?

Post #: 73
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 21/1/2013 5:47:21 PM   
Spiked

How is everyone else getting on with their 3DS? I've been playing mine a bit really, getting all the stars in the excellent, Mario 3DS land. I'm going to play Mario Kart 7 in a bit as I haven't in a while.

Any other must have games?

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 74
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 21/1/2013 7:36:33 PM   
ChickMagnet

Mine's been turned off for about 3-4 months now, need to get back into playing it, need to get some games recommendations other than Mario games.

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 75
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 22/1/2013 8:37:02 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've bought the lad a 3DS XL for his birthday which he'll love. Came with a free Mario 3D land download as well which was nice.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 76
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 22/1/2013 1:29:44 PM   
Spiked

I think one of the things that put me off of my 3DS is the fact they released the XL version less than a year after I bought my version which was out of order. Made me feel like I no longer had the shiny toy. There are some great games built into the console too, so I'm sure your son will love his present.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 77
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 18/2/2013 10:08:05 PM   
ChickMagnet

As much as my previous post said no Mario games, I've got Luigis Mansion 2 pre-ordered, if I have enough cash in a couple of weeks will pick up Paper Mario and Super Smash Bros is getting me a bit excited

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 78
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 2/3/2013 10:40:03 AM   
the anomaly

I WANT FIRE EMBLEM.

Monster Hunter 3 is tempting.

One or two other games looking interesting.

If I could actually get a seat on the train I may get one down the line. Or I just boot up Advance wars DS and play that for a few more hours ... to be fair if another Advance wars comes out ... that will be me.

Post #: 79
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 14/3/2013 8:43:30 PM   
Super Hans

Ages after last thinking about it, I think I'm going to get a 3DS at the weekend. Combination of no council tax this month and a sense of 'one last hurrah' spending wise before my baby arrives in the next few weeks.

Got about 60 worth of stuff I can trade in at Game (including my DS Lite), so should bring the cost of a 'console and game' bundle very close to the 100 mark!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 80
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 29/3/2013 8:33:36 PM   
ChickMagnet

Has to be said I am loving Theatrhythm at the minute, so much so that Luigis Mansion hasnt been touched yet.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 81
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 30/3/2013 9:15:54 AM   
Gizmo 76

Luigi's Mansion 2 is a gem of a little game... there might not be the biggest library on the 3DS, but there is some real quality.

So much personality in this game, and loads of little genius touches... it needs to be played rather than spoiled in some revealing post. If you've got a 3DS, you really should be getting down with Luigi for some ghost hunting!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

Post #: 82
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 30/3/2013 10:19:03 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Luigi's Mansion 2 is a gem of a little game... there might not be the biggest library on the 3DS, but there is some real quality.

So much personality in this game, and loads of little genius touches... it needs to be played rather than spoiled in some revealing post. If you've got a 3DS, you really should be getting down with Luigi for some ghost hunting!

Gonna start playing it today I think, the wife has been eyeing it up since I came home with it, if I leave it much longer she'll start playing it herself and I won't see it for months!

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 83
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 27/6/2013 7:24:50 PM   
pedros

Anyone take advantage of the recent games promotion? I got Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Donkey Kong, all of which are excellent. Though I really have no idea what I'm doing in Animal Crossing...

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

Post #: 84
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 27/6/2013 7:33:38 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

Anyone take advantage of the recent games promotion? I got Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Donkey Kong, all of which are excellent. Though I really have no idea what I'm doing in Animal Crossing...

I ended getting Luigi's Mansion 2, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing. AC was the third game which entitled me to my download, so I sold my Luigi's Mansion cart and grabbed it again as my download as I didn't fancy any of the others... It did mean in the end Animal Crossing only cost me a quid.

Animal Crossing is a bit mad, but my town is growing nicely and hopefully I'll be extending my house very soon!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 85
RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 - 27/6/2013 8:18:35 PM   
pedros

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

I ended getting Luigi's Mansion 2, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing. AC was the third game which entitled me to my download, so I sold my Luigi's Mansion cart and grabbed it again as my download as I didn't fancy any of the others... It did mean in the end Animal Crossing only cost me a quid.

Animal Crossing is a bit mad, but my town is growing nicely and hopefully I'll be extending my house very soon!

That was a good idea! I was a bit stuck as to what to get as my third game (I knew I wanted to download AC), was thinking of Castlevania but wasn't overly impressed with the demo, so I went for Donkey Kong.

I've extended my house in AC, and have access to the second island. Am also trying to build s bridge, but the townsfolk won't contribute. I don't think they appreciate all the dictorial messages I post on the towns notice board. I have also got Wolfgang to keep on saying 'Hodor'.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 86
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Nintendo 3DS - March 2011 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI