Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Perrier's Bounty - 22/3/2010 4:03:32 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 22/3/2010 4:03:32 AM   
epdug

I bet if it was an english gangster movie you would of given it 4 or 5 stars. this is typical of empire!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
name check - 22/3/2010 1:51:42 PM   
ash77

Is there really a need for the reviewer to point out that Brendan Gleeson was in "in bruges" - Why not point out Cillian Murphy was in "sunshine, or that Jim Broadbent was in "only fools and horses". I think Gleeson is a more recognisable actor than the reviewer lets on.

Post #: 3
- 23/3/2010 1:05:41 AM   
misternuge

Three things:

1. The reason In Bruges was mentioned is probably because this film is very similar - a dark crime comedy.
2. I doubt Empire would have given it more stars for being English. See reviews for Guy Ritchies films.
3. This film hasn't been released yet, so your ratings seem a bit pre-emptive.

Post #: 4
- 23/3/2010 12:56:26 PM   
ash77

re: Misternudge - Fair enough if the reveiwer wanted to bring attention of the reader as to what else Brendan Gleeson has been in, but this movie is nothing like "In Bruges" and he could have just as easliy stated a harry potter movie for reference. I have no problem with the empire rating (and I am really dont think just because it is not a british movie it got a lower rating, unlike some) but my rating is based on seeing it (preview screenings in Ireland over the weekend) and I enjoyed it. I also feel that picking out Colin Farrell, in what amounts to a extended cameo, is a little unfair of the reviewer. If you liked "I went down" or "Intermission" then I think you would like this.

Post #: 5
Perriers Bounty - 29/3/2010 8:50:14 PM   
moviemaniac2

Considering the talent involved , I expected more than this half -arsed gangster cliche ridden flick. it's only 88mins , and it runs out of ideas before the fiirst 60

Post #: 6
- 27/8/2010 1:19:36 AM   
briandamage99

The reviewer was really kind, it was a pile of derivative crap be it Irish, English, American or wahever. Waste of a fine fine cast.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Perrier's Bounty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI