Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Best Film Never Made

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The Best Film Never Made Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 10:07:41 AM   
Bigthompa

Kevin Smith's Superman.

Now that would be interesting!

Too bad it never got made...

"Oh that's a bingo!" "...You just say bingo"

"WHERE IS HE?!?!"

(in reply to robwillphill)
Post #: 91
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 10:16:56 AM   
simonmckergan1

I wish someone would bring this to the screen.  Meg A noevel of Deep Terror would be epic.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Bigthompa)
Post #: 92
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 2:26:51 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobsmith1698

The Talisman - Peter Straub and Stephen King. - Read the book and you'll know why.

It was shit?

No Chiefy, it was fucking brilliant. King doesn't write shit. Well, maybe he does, but he doesn't publish it. Another book that would make a great film (you could lift the script straight from the pages) is Green River Rising by Tim Willocks. If I have any cash left over from making The Dark Tower(s) I'll make that. Set in a prison it shouldn't be too expensive. His newest one 'The Religion' would also make a great film. Christian Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem on Malta defending the island from the Emporor of the Ottomans and his Turks. That said, Bad City Blues and Bloodstained Kings would rock too. Yes, I am a fan of Tim Willocks

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 93
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 2:35:11 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 94
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 2:47:19 PM   
adambatman82

Concept art from Grenngrass's Watchmen popped up today.

http://io9.com/5638311/the-lost-concept-art-from-paul-greengrass-watchmen

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 95
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 2:51:35 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Concept art from Grenngrass's Watchmen popped up today.

http://io9.com/5638311/the-lost-concept-art-from-paul-greengrass-watchmen

Actually it appeared last week - io9 just noticed today.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 96
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 3:18:00 PM   
Deviation

Ok, we clearly missed something great there. 

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 97
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 3:18:17 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

quote:

quote:

The Talisman - Peter Straub and Stephen King. - Read the book and you'll know why.

It was shit?

No Chiefy, it was fucking brilliant.

No Gaz, you must be thinking of something else because this was definitely shit.
I got about halfway before I realised but it was too late by then, I just had to keep going.

Kind of like going with an ugly girl when you're drunk.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 98
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 3:28:34 PM   
gazpop

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was shit?

No Chiefy, it was fucking brilliant.

No Gaz, you must be thinking of something else because this was definitely shit.
I got about halfway before I realised but it was too late by then, I just had to keep going.

Kind of like going with an ugly girl when you're drunk.

Oh man, really? You didn't like it? Wow. That sucks ass. I loved it. Was a bit worried at first as collaborations can be a bit hit and miss but my worries were quickly assuaged. I don't know what to say. I own a bookshop so have loads of recs for you but if you didn't like Talisman I guess I'd better not try get you to read anything I liked. Oh well, swings and roundabouts. Least we both love Jaws

As to films not being made, how about The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks? Or Dead Air? Or Complicity? And if they could bring his Culture novels to life? Wowzer.

And when you're drunk there are no such things as ugly girls. Only very poor disco lighting.

< Message edited by gazpop -- 15/9/2010 3:37:25 PM >

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 99
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 3:57:57 PM   
Chief

I think it was the whole collaboration thing that threw me. You start getting into one style, then it changes completely.
Not the greatest Stephen King fan anyway (I've tried a few).

Owning a bookshop must be pretty cool and Iain Banks is regularly seen drunk in a small villiage near where I stay.

(in reply to Bigthompa)
Post #: 100
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 15/9/2010 7:52:17 PM   
fugaziuk

I know its never been rumoured - but a third Bill + Ted film should be made. As they have grown up, they have forgotten how to rock out and let wyld stallions fall to wayside. In the mean time the world has gone to shit, only for Bill+Ted to somehow save it in the end with ahuge concert not involving kiss!

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 101
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 17/9/2010 3:13:31 PM   
Discodez

quote:

As to films not being made, how about The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks? Or Dead Air? Or Complicity? 

Complicity was made back in 2000 with Johnny Lee Miller and Brian Cox - somehow (despite the fact it was adapted and directed by the same people who did the excellent BBC adaptation of The Crow Road) they actually managed to make it devoid of any of the tension or suspense.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 102
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 17/9/2010 3:18:37 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I reckon it would be something with Dragons in it. And lots of explosions, possibly Gary Busey in there somewhere too.

forgot to mention, it should definately also have the character of the Architect from the Matrix films.

And the delorean from the Back to the Future films.

This movie would rock!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 103
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 17/9/2010 3:37:08 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

As to films not being made, how about The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks? Or Dead Air? Or Complicity? 

Complicity was made back in 2000 with Johnny Lee Miller and Brian Cox - somehow (despite the fact it was adapted and directed by the same people who did the excellent BBC adaptation of The Crow Road) they actually managed to make it devoid of any of the tension or suspense.

Of course of course, my bad. How could they screw it up so badly? Miller would have been my pick for it too. They could just lift half the dialogue from the book (and his thoughts therein). What a shame. It might end up putting others off from trying to adapt any more of his books. So you're saying don't watch it? Bugger......
Steep approach to Garbadale anyone?

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 104
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 17/9/2010 3:53:48 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Exorcist 4 directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Liam Neeson as Father Merrin.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 105
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 9:49:05 AM   
robwillphill

On the point of The Exorcist - has there ever been a decent sequel to the original?

I didn't mind The Last Exorcism - silly, but enjoyable enough - but I've never heard of a worthy sequel to it...

http://youtube.com/audience

Check out my latest films:
- http://youtu.be/Z2zrRi06Rb0
- http://dai.ly/fSojJ3

---------------------------------------------------

Stewie: We're playing house
Lois: But that boy's tied up
Stewie: It's Roman Polanski's house

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 106
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 9:50:48 AM   
Deviation

Some people seem to really like The Exorcist 3 here. It does look pretty good actually. 

quote:

quote:

Post #: 107
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 10:36:37 AM   
matty_b

It's really good. Flawed in places, but boasts one of the scariest scenes you're likely to ever see. Surprised you haven't seen it, Dev.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 108
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 11:21:29 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: robwillphill

On the point of The Exorcist - has there ever been a decent sequel to the original?

Well its a prequel, but Dominion, the Paul Schrader film is great.

Post #: 109
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 11:40:15 AM   
pete_traynor

Vincent Ward’s Alien 3

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 110
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 6/1/2011 11:59:09 AM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Yep

Yes, always.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 111
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 13/1/2011 7:55:48 PM   
S1lent B0b

Quite recent but

Anchorman 2
Such a tragic loss

Goodbye Everybody, I have left the forum forever.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 112
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 16/1/2011 6:16:33 PM   
fugaziuk

Star Trek Deep Space Nine film instead of ST Nemesis or anything to do with jj abrams

(in reply to S1lent B0b)
Post #: 113
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 16/1/2011 6:32:30 PM   
Tech_Noir

Passengers

(in reply to fugaziuk)
Post #: 114
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 18/1/2011 12:43:55 AM   
Sad Professor

quote:

ORIGINAL: robwillphill

I didn't mind The Last Exorcism - silly, but enjoyable enough - but I've never heard of a worthy sequel to it...

I'll give another plug to Exorcist III. It's well worth a look though you could argue it's not a sequel but a different film with a shite ending tagged on. The aforementioned Schrader prequel too which was scrapped but later released on DVD - possibly only in a box set though.

Post #: 115
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 22/10/2012 2:03:50 PM   
Timon

Not one mention of War Eagles? Fail.

One of the most famous non-films in the Great Lost Film Archive buried beneath Skull Island was the brainchild of Merian C. Cooper, the creator of the first great giant monster film. With the help of the grandfather of stop-motion SFX, Willis O’Brien, Cooper was responsible for kickstarting the whole giant monster movie genre by letting an angry, lovelorn giant ape rampage through Skull Island jungles and then New York in the 1933 film King Kong.

Modern adventurers discover a lost tribe of Vikings in a secluded valley. These vikings have survived amidst some pretty fearsome wildlife, including dinosaurs and giant prehistoric eagles. As they reacquaint themselves with the modern (1930s) world, they learn of an imminent invasion of New York by Nazis in zeppelins and altruistically take to the skies on their tamed War Eagles to engage in a huge airbourne battle over the streets of Manhattan.

In 1937, Cooper conceived a spectacular scenario for a film called War Eagles, intending to top his work on King Kong. Its plot was the one I described above. A script was written and work began on the film. Many sketches were drawn, models made and a test reel featuring a Viking on his Eagle battling an allosaurus prepared by O’Brien and his crew.

Last I heard though, Harryhausen was going to resurrect it with Blue Angel films. Hopefully, it'll still be set in the 1930s.

I just got this awesome book on this amazing film that never was - http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Eagles-David-Conover/dp/159393209X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350910870&sr=8-2

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 116
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 22/10/2012 6:14:35 PM   
Sutty

Vincent Wards Alien 3.

Stallones Poe bio. (yeah its true!)

Spielbergs Return of the Jedi.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 117
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 22/10/2012 7:17:37 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Ridley Scotts Dune.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 118
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 22/10/2012 9:31:22 PM   
vad3r

Darren Aronofsky's Year One or Wolverine. But I'm glad he left because suits wouldn't let him do what he wanted.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 119
RE: The Best Film Never Made - 14/2/2013 10:50:37 AM   
Timon

I'm reading David Hughes' Tales From Development Hell and The Greatest Sci-Fi Films Never Made and I'd love to see Smoke and Mirrors finally be made one day.

For those of you that don't know, it's about the reclusive "Father of Modern Magic", Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin, who is called upon by the French government to debunk an Algerian sorcerer who is using his feats of magic to spearhead a civil war. Imagine Lawrence of the Arabia and Raiders of the Lost Ark with some sorcery thrown in.

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/smoke-and-mirrors.html

Also, on his blog he posted a recent article about the Thunderbirds movie that could have been. As a massive fan of the series, it makes me sad we got the 2004 version.

http://groovyfokker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/thunderbirds-arent-go-unfilmed-versions.html

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Bigthompa)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: The Best Film Never Made Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI