Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tim Burton Making The Addams Family?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tim Burton Making The Addams Family? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tim Burton Making The Addams Family? - 18/3/2010 4:43:27 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 18/3/2010 4:43:27 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

You have a soft spot just for the first of Sonnenfeld's Addams movies? Shame on you! I shall forever carry the spirit of Camp Chippewa in my bowels!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Just the first film? - 18/3/2010 5:00:38 PM   
Hanna

Idiots.

Post #: 3
the first film is nowhere near as good as it should hav... - 18/3/2010 5:16:23 PM   
paulantrobus

the second, on the other hand, is a classic. empire = clueless

Post #: 4
yaaaawwwwnn..... - 18/3/2010 5:18:21 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Another Goth-WankFest by Mr. Burton eh? Gee-Whiz.

Post #: 5
- 18/3/2010 6:04:28 PM  1 votes
JimBill93

After the disapointing 'Alice in Wonderland', I'm a wee bit tentative about this one.
If he makes it really really dark (as I thought Alice was going to be) it could be good, but it could end up being another "Oho!" for Burton.
He really needs to return to his oldies (Batman, Beetlejuice etc.)

Post #: 6
boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:16:16 PM  1 votes
starkiller

one-trick pony burton, why dont u and your wife just FUCK OFF and let some decent VERSATILE filmakers make some movies!!

Post #: 7
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:20:20 PM  1 votes
TheSpleen

Shame. I've tried to ignore it 'cus i like Burton but SAME OLD SHIT!

(in reply to starkiller)
Post #: 8
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:24:21 PM  1 votes
Evil_Bob

You mean Tim Burton didn't create The Addams Family?
I thought it was based on his childhood memoirs or something.

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 9
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:25:25 PM  1 votes
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evil_Bob

nah, he just wishes it was.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Evil_Bob)
Post #: 10
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:28:47 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evil_Bob

(in reply to Evil_Bob)
Post #: 11
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:31:01 PM   
odddaze

I love everything about The Addams Family, I'm even making a trip to the US this year to see the musical, I cannot see this going well, I don't want Carter voicing Morticia, I don't want Depp voicing Gomez and I certainly don't want Burton anywhere near it.

I am The Ugly Truth!

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 12
RE: boooooooring!!!!!! - 18/3/2010 6:36:01 PM   
TheSpleen

Groooooan. Depp as Gomez i forgot he has to be in it. Sigh.

(in reply to odddaze)
Post #: 13
Where have all the original ideas gone? - 18/3/2010 6:39:13 PM   
stewart4

The majority of the movie news reports today are about filmmakers making movies either based on a TV series (the Smurfs and Adams Family), a remake of an older film (The Thing), a new franchise very similar to pre-existing ones (Nick Stone, The Last Vampire), movies based on books (The Hobbit) and needless additions to the Star Wars franchise. Even though I'm really looking forward to The Hobbit, I'm concerned (as is, I believe, everyone else) that people are not being bold enough and making original and exciting movies. This just makes me appreciate directors like Paul Thomas Anderson even more, who, unlike most everyone else, continues to make movies that are original and bold, especially his upcoming 'The Master' which promises to be both.

Post #: 14
Let the Yawning Commence. - 18/3/2010 7:39:27 PM  1 votes
FilmGirl27

Gosh, Tim Burton, so called super imagination why won't you use it?!!

Post #: 15
- 18/3/2010 7:52:21 PM   
D.J

I just wish the 1991 Barry Sonnenfeld Addams movie would get a Region 2 DVD release.

Why the hell has it never come out here?

Post #: 16
burton schmurton - 18/3/2010 9:55:34 PM   
staypuft2

i always thought the concept and movies themselves were very burton-esque. and i liked both the barry sonenfeld ones, but i pretty much agree with most of what's being said here. he has his style, and that's fine and everything but he appears to be getting very bloody lazy. just finding burton lite things that he can apply his 'look' to. shit off yeah tim. shit right off!

Post #: 17
Let me guess.... - 18/3/2010 10:38:00 PM   
darkraven28

Depp as Gomez, Bonham Carter as Morticia, Mia Whoseewehatsit as Wednesday, Jonah Hill as Pugsley, Robin Williams as Cousin It( come on! he's the hairiest bastard on earth!) and Ray Park on stilts as Lurch (just to re-rub in that whole Phantom Menace no talk thing). Casting solved, Burton. Now, am I going to have to confiscate all of your literature and dvd collection and TV before you write an ORIGINAL script again???!! Surely, you have enough power now to do whatever the hell you want. Do you really need to continue adapting previously published entertainments???

Post #: 18
Fingers Crossed! - 19/3/2010 9:10:32 AM   
Nicola Brierley

Alice in Wonderland wasn't that good. I just have my fingers crossed that he will get this right and stop ruining my childhood memories!

Post #: 19
hmm. - 19/3/2010 10:50:47 AM   
StephanieDay92

I'm a huge Burton fan, but to be honest, Alice in Wonderland was such a let down. If he goes ahead with The Addam's Family, lets hope it's a second chance to regain credit. Fingers crossed.

Post #: 20
Burton's own visions - 19/3/2010 4:14:26 PM   
hannahsev

I think it's unfair to say that Burton doesnt persue his own visions as he's currently working on Frankenweenie and he always gives re-makes his own touch, his own vision of the adaptation.

Post #: 21
RE: Burton's own visions - 19/3/2010 5:11:45 PM   
snazzy_sophie

Why the need for all the remakes??? I mean come on...Maleficent, The Addams Family, Alice in Wonderland, Sweeney Todd, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Planet of the Apes.....all been done before, a couple of them more than once.

The man clearly needs to take a time-out, rethink whether all this 3D nonsense is really worth it and write some new stories...bring back the days of Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Batman Returns!

http://www.literallygeeking.org

(in reply to hannahsev)
Post #: 22
RE: Burton's own visions - 19/3/2010 5:30:14 PM   
The Hooded Man

Burton is obviously so scarred by Planet of the Apes that he's never leaving his comfort zone again.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to snazzy_sophie)
Post #: 23
RE: Burton's own visions - 19/3/2010 5:47:01 PM   
TheSpleen

Guess he's out of ideas again, Frankenweenie is an idea he had from the 80's and if he's going there i can't see it doing him any favours. Never thought i'd say this but after reading other people's frustrations does Burton have a shelf life?

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 24
- 19/3/2010 6:59:11 PM   
The Disciple

Why are people always moaning that Tim Burton only ever makes adaptations and remakes? After Killer's Kiss, every single one of Stanley Kubrick's movies was based on a book, and any director who hasn't written their own screenplay is basically adapting someone else's work...

Post #: 25
RE: - 19/3/2010 8:28:12 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Disciple

Why are people always moaning that Tim Burton only ever makes adaptations and remakes? After Killer's Kiss, every single one of Stanley Kubrick's movies was based on a book, and any director who hasn't written their own screenplay is basically adapting someone else's work...

Yes but none of Kubrick's films ever had a film or television series to compare it to, whilst Burton's last four or five films have - all of which have been average to poor.
The man has clearly given up possessing an idea of his own - hell, even his doodlings in the latest Empire look like he's plagiarised the style of Quentin Blake!

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to The Disciple)
Post #: 26
RE: - 19/3/2010 8:32:36 PM   
hpmoviefan777

I cant weight to hear more news on this subject,i think burton will make a good re make of the addams family,i just hope he films it the same way he filmed nighmare before x mas and corpse bride that would be cool his movies are always sooooooooo different even when its a re make,the artical alos said the movie would be in 3D, i saw alice in wonderland in 3D it was soooo cool.
if all you have to say is negitive stuff about tim burton then dont post hear.

(in reply to The Disciple)
Post #: 27
RE: RE: - 19/3/2010 10:12:33 PM   
DazDaMan

Fuck off.

Raul Julia was PERFECT as Gomez. Depp isn't fit to wipe his arse.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to hpmoviefan777)
Post #: 28
RE: RE: - 19/3/2010 10:24:10 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Disciple

Yes but none of Kubrick's films ever had a film or television series to compare it to, whilst Burton's last four or five films have - all of which have been average to poor.

The last five Tim Burton films -

Alice in Wonderland. This has a received mixed reviews (53% on RT, so technically has had more good reviews than bad). Out of his last five films this is pretty much the only one where the general consensus could be considered "average". 53% is far from "poor" tho.

Sweeney Todd. Generally well regarded, picked up a bunch of Golden Globes, including Best Actor in a comedy or musical for Depp, who was also oscar nominated for the role (the film won best art direction at the oscars that year). 86% on rotten tomatoes. Its also considered well compared to previous adaptations of the material for the cinema or TV.

Corpse Bride. An original idea from Burton. 83% on RT. Which is far from average or poor.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Has a surprisingly high rating of 82% on Rotten Tomatoes. Which, just to clarify means that 82% of all of the reviews of this film are good. Of all of Burton's adaptations this is the one that is given the roughest ride by online commentators, but is entirely unjustified. Personally I think that the Burton adaptation of the book is far superier to the Gene Wilder version, which is best viewed through rose-tinted nostalgia-goggles.

Big Fish.Was very highly praised upon release, with comparisons to Ed Wood. Its also based upon an original idea from Burton. 76% RT.

So yeah, consider yourself proven wrong.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 29
RE: RE: - 19/3/2010 10:29:41 PM   
FritzlFan

Because they're got a decent amount of acclaim from critics, they must be above average??

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

Child labour is necessary in the short term

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tim Burton Making The Addams Family? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI