Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

More Cast For Thing Prequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Cast For Thing Prequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Cast For Thing Prequel - 18/3/2010 8:28:18 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Authenticity - 18/3/2010 8:28:18 AM   
The Bantam Menace

At least they're casting Scandinavians, instead of second rate american good looking bozos as all these other horror revisits seem to be doing. Says something for the filmmakers at least wanting some air of authenticity.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 18/3/2010 9:15:25 AM   
chris wootton

Yeah its good that there are plenty of scandanavians in the cast but, the crappy american tweens are still the main stars. I think this might suck ass..

Post #: 3
- 18/3/2010 9:19:17 AM   
pellonpah

They sure should hire Rob Bottin for efects.

Post #: 4
So many J's... - 18/3/2010 10:17:21 AM   
phlphlphl

seriously, count them.

Post #: 5
- 18/3/2010 10:29:37 AM   
marlowe9

I hope they mostly speak Norwegian, with only a little bit of English. And please, no scenes of Winstead sweatily running down dark corridors!
What's the betting the effects will be CGI, and not half as gory?

Post #: 6
- 18/3/2010 10:49:12 AM   
chris wootton

I agree, get Bottin! It would have been awesome in Norwegian considering thats what the guy's were speaking in the original movie. I'm such a fan of the original that I really can't see this working. All the characters have to die including Winstead which i just can't see happening. Oh well, you never know... even though you kind of do.

Post #: 7
RE: More Cast For Thing Prequel - 18/3/2010 12:59:35 PM   
BikerScout

Still finding it very difficult to drum up any sort of enthusiasm on this one - Carpenter's movie is one of my fave sci-fi films.

And for what it's worth, I strongly support the idea of getting Rob Bottin back. After all, they bought Rick Baker on board for Wolfman so there's clearly still a place for practical work.

Post #: 8
RE: - 18/3/2010 1:08:16 PM   
hughjass

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris wootton

I agree, get Bottin! It would have been awesome in Norwegian considering thats what the guy's were speaking in the original movie. I'm such a fan of the original that I really can't see this working. All the characters have to die including Winstead which i just can't see happening. Oh well, you never know... even though you kind of do.

Agree totally. Given that the Carpenter flick starts with the only two MALE survivors reaching the US camp, I just can't fathom any other credible way for it to work otherwise.
Have no faith in this project working out well at all right now.

This is the trouble with prequels. To do it correctly means you can only have one outcome - the one that leads into the film we all know. Retcon won't work in movies in the same way as RTD used it in Doctor Who.

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 9
- 18/3/2010 1:11:48 PM   
dunstabledoug

Couldn't agree more - the more Scandinavain involvement - cast and dialogue - the better for realism. And fantastic idea to get Bottin back; CGI will ruin it. As for the casting, Joel Edgerton is a decent - Australian - actor. Great in The Secret Life Of Us

Post #: 10
All this thing talk - 19/3/2010 9:53:00 AM   
chris wootton

Made me watch John Carpenter's version last night (still fantastic). I have to say that I think Joel Edgerton (if you check out his pictures on IMDB) actually resembles the poor Norwegian who hunts down the dog in the beginning, as long as you stick a blond beard on him. Maybe I'm just blindly trying to find something about the new film which will work, but I'm a little bit more positive today.

Post #: 11
RE: All this thing talk - 22/3/2010 9:19:42 PM   
TheSpleen

Ahh still kinda hoping it all goes tits up and doesn't happen.

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Cast For Thing Prequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI