Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 20/11/2012 6:16:24 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quint

Agreed. Did not see that coming at all.

As soon as there was a delivery I knew what it was but before that I never would have guessed.

Glad they kept out the 'goodbye' between Owen and Margaret until after the event. That would have made it obvious.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 211
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 20/11/2012 9:45:08 PM   
Quint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quint

Agreed. Did not see that coming at all.

As soon as there was a delivery I knew what it was but before that I never would have guessed.

Glad they kept out the 'goodbye' between Owen and Margaret until after the event. That would have made it obvious.

Yeah at the delivery moment I knew it would be something bad but still didn't click. I like the way they played it; as you say, having the goodbye moment at the end was smart, as was not letting us see much of the mission which made it all the more gut punching when the crate was opened.

My Art: http://adamwayneart.com/

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 212
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 20/11/2012 10:01:49 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Did I miss something obvious? Who killed Owen?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 213
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 20/11/2012 10:04:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Did I miss something obvious? Who killed Owen?

The gang boss he was sent to kill.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 214
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 20/11/2012 10:08:53 PM   
Rinc

Masseria.

Agree with Quint in that not seeing the attempt on Masseria and just seeing Owen and the other bloke entering the building made it all the more of a gut punch when his body turned up. Masterful television in doing that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 215
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 21/11/2012 9:08:27 PM   
Reidy

I had a feeling that Owen wasn't long for this world, but I thought it would happen after Nucky found out about him and Margaret.

< Message edited by Reidy -- 21/11/2012 9:10:17 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 216
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 22/11/2012 1:52:19 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I saw that coming to be honest. The minute he entered the steam house I knew he was never going to be seen alive again. Between Luciano grassing Nucky's plan to Masseria, Owen telling that maid girl he was going to propose to her (even though it was obviously bullshit it had the feel of "let's give this guy we're going to kill some screen time") and then the small snippet of the conversation between him and Margaret I knew his demise was imminent. Personally I thought they telegraphed it quite a bit but seeing him in the box was still a shock (even though I knew it was him in there). They'd also given away the pregnancy reveal way before the end of the episode as well.

A cracking episode though and things are really hotting up now. Surely it's only a matter of time before Harrow finishes the job for Nucky (can't see Masseria being killed by him though because it's Bugsy Siegel that killed him in real life) probably in exchange for getting Gillian out of the way with regards to raising Tommy.

One thing though. If you had a know it all cousin wouldn't you make sure he was never in the same fucking state as Rosetti let alone working for him?

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 22/11/2012 2:09:18 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 217
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 25/11/2012 11:41:51 PM   
beebs_

Finally watched it.

Man. Mr. Slater I will miss you. I think it was obvious that he was going to die just because Masseria was warned by Lucky Luciano before hand. And it looked like Margret and him were going to actually try to "escape".

::sigh::

Gyp was Gyp.

At least Mr. Harrow had a decent ep. I do like him. How long will it take them to kill him off?

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 218
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 26/11/2012 4:01:08 PM   
Reidy

Anyone watched episode eleven yet?

Shit just got real.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 219
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 26/11/2012 7:43:51 PM   
Rgirvan44

Man, that final scene.

Next week can't get here soon enough.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 220
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 26/11/2012 7:54:54 PM   
Rinc

That was fucking amazing!

The whole episode was so tense, everything was on the edge. Particular highlights:

Gyp v Chalky
Harrow tooling up
Capone's entrance

Just cannot wait for next week. Looks like Gyp is going to get it from all sides as Harrow takes out the men at Gillian's and Capone and Chalky's guys take out everyone else.

And this week just confirmed Chalky as my favourite character.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 26/11/2012 7:56:12 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 221
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 27/11/2012 1:32:54 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Is it a little wrong to have cheered / punched the air when Capone turned up?

Cheerio Gyp, your grim reaper has arrived (maybe).

Hopefully not for Harrow. He is though packing an awfully large amount of heat.

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 27/11/2012 1:33:16 PM >

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 222
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 27/11/2012 5:24:09 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

No that was great. 'And you and me sit down and we talk about who dies'.

I punched the air a bit when Harrow tooled up. We're all finally getting what we want!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 223
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 27/11/2012 7:46:43 PM   
Reidy

quote:

That was fucking amazing!

The whole episode was so tense, everything was on the edge. Particular highlights:

Gyp v Chalky
Harrow tooling up
Capone's entrance

Just cannot wait for next week. Looks like Gyp is going to get it from all sides as Harrow takes out the men at Gillian's and Capone and Chalky's guys take out everyone else.

And this week just confirmed Chalky as my favourite character.

I thought last week that Chalky hadn't had anywhere near enough screen time this year, before this episode. His stand off with Gyp was superb. Also, I knew that the man Eli had found would be Capone, but his reveal and his line about who dies was just brilliant. I actually stood up and applauded.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 224
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 28/11/2012 9:10:40 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

No that was great. 'And you and me sit down and we talk about who dies'.

I punched the air a bit when Harrow tooled up. We're all finally getting what we want!

Richard shooting Gillian in the face and taking Tommy I hope.

Absolutely loved the Capone reveal at the end but the 2 highlights for me were Chalky v Gyp and Richard tooling up. I also took great pleasure in seeing Lucky Luciano get busted after the way he sold Nucky down the river just so he could peddle some smack.

A fantastic episode although is it just me or did Nucky shooting those guys at the Ritz seem a little bloodless? As if they'd gorgotten to add the blood effects in post.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 28/11/2012 10:37:58 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 225
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 29/11/2012 11:41:06 AM   
Peter Griffin

This season has been my favourite, that last scene has got me wet for the finale next week.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 226
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 29/11/2012 5:50:21 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

This season has been my favourite, that last scene has got me wet for the finale next week.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 227
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 3/12/2012 11:30:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

Harrow'd: To go from king of the world to nothing in a matter of minutes due to a force of nature you didn't see coming.

Example: "Da guy wit da mask...what the fuck was dat"

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 228
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 4/12/2012 9:53:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

That was great.

I love that Lucky and Meyer were fucked over by Rothstein, Masseria was fucked over by Nucky & Capone and that Rothstein was royally fucked over by Nucky.  That still pales in comparson with the Harrownator though. What a fucking badass. It's a shame he didn't get the girl at the end but seeing as Tommy's been liberated from Gillian then bittersweet will do for me.

I hope Margaret will been written out now. As a character she's been pretty poorly written from day one. There was a point during this season where I thought her story might be going somewhere but then she started having an affair with Owen and that was pretty much the final straw for me as far as she was concerned.

More Harrow and Capone next season please.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 229
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 4/12/2012 10:43:09 AM   
Timon

Great finale even if it ended somewhat... simply. Was anyone else waiting for Van Alden to show up, perhaps as one of Capone's new enforcers?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 230
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 4/12/2012 3:33:46 PM   
Reidy

Harrow's ramage was superb. Kind of been bubbling under since his introduction, so it was great to finally see him cut loose. Hopefully we will now see more of Capone and Chalky next series.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 231
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 5/12/2012 2:16:10 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

That was great.

I love that Lucky and Meyer were fucked over by Rothstein, Masseria was fucked over by Nucky & Capone and that Rothstein was royally fucked over by Nucky.  That still pales in comparson with the Harrownator though. What a fucking badass. It's a shame he didn't get the girl at the end but seeing as Tommy's been liberated from Gillian then bittersweet will do for me.

I hope Margaret will been written out now. As a character she's been pretty poorly written from day one. There was a point during this season where I thought her story might be going somewhere but then she started having an affair with Owen and that was pretty much the final straw for me as far as she was concerned.

More Harrow and Capone next season please.

Pretty much agree with you there Harry. The Harrownator indeed. I'll too settle for bittersweet as I was getting extremely anxious he wouldn't make it out of there alive.

On reflection, I'd say the writers made the best out of what appeared to be an awkward situation regarding Jimmy's death at the end of last season, as for me the Harrow/Gillian/Tommy plot thread was one of this seasons strongest. Certainly for me the most emotionally-engaging one.

And overall, I'd say it's been a good, occasionally uneven season with some massive highs (episodes 4, 8, 11 & of course 12 stand out). Margaret & Van Alden's storylines though were problematic from the get go & in the grand scheme of things they amounted to almost nothing (you could have removed both from proceedings & it wouldn't have hindered things that much at all). I really don't see where either character can go from here that's either plausible or compelling.

Season 4 to revolve around the downfall of Rothstein perhaps?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 232
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 5/12/2012 7:43:13 PM   
Rinc

Margaret was the worst thing in this series but luckily the last two episodes were so good (particularly the penultimate one) that they made up for her. Hope she doesn't come back in any major way.

Harrow was fantastic as was Chalky. Was great to see Rosetti being screwed over and then Masseria and Rothstein's downfalls beginning. I do think it's a bit silly that Capone went to war with Masseria's men and yet nothing was said in New York or by the disappearing Torrio. A war between major gangster outfits from two cities wouldn't be able to be forgotten even if it's before the National Syndicate.

quote:

Season 4 to revolve around the downfall of Rothstein perhaps?

It's got to. Lucky and Meyer will do everything they can to bring him and Masseria down. With Bugsy having appeared we should be seeing more of Murder Inc.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 233
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 7/12/2012 3:46:48 AM   
Deviation

That shoot-out, I no longer have nails.

Also, the most beautiful scenes of shooting I've seen since Jesse James.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 234
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 11/12/2012 5:58:36 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Had to aquire this episode after watching Episode 11 on Sky, I couldn't wait a whole week!

Fantastic stuff! Loved pretty much everything in this finale! Rothstein is such a great character, next season is promising to be one of the best with more Rothstein, more Chalky and more Capone.

I like that Eli and Nuck have been reunited. They make a formidable force.

Where does Harrow go from here though?

I hope Margaret and Van Aldens numbers are up. They have added nothing.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 235
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 13/12/2012 3:55:43 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Had to aquire this episode after watching Episode 11 on Sky, I couldn't wait a whole week!

Fantastic stuff! Loved pretty much everything in this finale! Rothstein is such a great character, next season is promising to be one of the best with more Rothstein, more Chalky and more Capone.

I like that Eli and Nuck have been reunited. They make a formidable force.

Where does Harrow go from here though?

I hope Margaret and Van Aldens numbers are up. They have added nothing.

I disagree with Van Alden. I still find myself enjoying his scenes, even though his arc is not as big a part of the overall story. Loved his moment of madness with the iron. Margaret on the other hand I have no interest in. A very dull character, poorly acted and one of the worst Irish accents I have heard in an American series.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 236
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 10/9/2013 12:37:30 PM   
galvatron

Season 4 started last night, anyone else watch it?

A bit of a slower pace so far. Not sure where it's headed. Didn't Richard's mum look younger than him?!

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 237
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 11/9/2013 6:12:55 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Season 4 started last night, anyone else watch it?

A bit of a slower pace so far. Not sure where it's headed. Didn't Richard's mum look younger than him?!

At the end? That was his sister!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 238
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 11/9/2013 11:12:58 AM   
Peter Griffin

Stupid question time.
Is Nucky in a position of power anymore as it just seems he's in cahoots with Chalky?

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 239
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 - 11/9/2013 9:52:38 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

Stupid question time.
Is Nucky in a position of power anymore as it just seems he's in cahoots with Chalky?

He's essentially in the same position as he had been before, just a little more careful and paranoid. I presume he's staying in Chalky's place because he's still in danger of assassination. That's what the meeting towards the end of the episode was about; they were coming to an agreement with each other not to start another war.

I think Nucky is ultimately going to become extremely careful about who he trusts in the future. Both his wife and work associates betrayed him in season three and he's unlikely to fall for that again.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 3 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI