Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 17/10/2011 11:47:11 PM   
Rgirvan44

Couple of things

1. I would shit myself if I went over to a girls house and Omar was the daddy.

2. Jimmy and his mum continues to creep me out.

3. Harrow is da man. We need a spin off with him travelling America righting wrongs.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 121
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 18/10/2011 10:13:08 AM   
Timon

I'd just like to say that Rothstein is my favorite character. He's so delightfully evil.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 122
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 20/10/2011 12:45:02 PM   
theieuan

Loving the second series so far on Sky Atlantic. This is definately the highlight of my week

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 123
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 25/10/2011 3:17:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

This episode was GREAT.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 124
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 29/10/2011 6:05:25 PM   
Timon

I only just realised that Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston of the infamous Huston family. I'm shocked as the only other thing I've seen him in was Outlander and he looked like this!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 125
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 7/11/2011 4:40:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

This is getting better and better. Can't believe only three episodes left to go this season!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 126
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 7/11/2011 4:46:04 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

This is getting better and better. Can't believe only three episodes left to go this season!

Looking forward to watching Boardwalk Empire on Monday nights makes Mondays at work bearable.

Fuck knows what I'll do to get me through next month.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 127
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 22/11/2011 12:27:05 AM   
Rgirvan44

This series is so so much better than season one.

The scene with Manny taking out the would be killer was just amazing. Jimmy has screwed up. Big time.

I honestly don't see how that character gets out alive by seasons end.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 128
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 28/11/2011 5:13:52 PM   
Sinatra

his now the best thing on TV, so glad I stuck with it through the early slow paced episodes.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 129
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 28/11/2011 10:48:02 PM   
Reidy

Manny is one hard bastard. Really didn't expect him to do that.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 130
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 28/11/2011 11:12:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

It's even more perfect for him than he could have imagined, really. When you consider what the first thought will be upon police finding the scene...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 131
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 28/11/2011 11:54:28 PM   
Rgirvan44

Manny did not screw around did he? But then I knew his vengenece was going to be great.

I really like the character of Manny, but Richard Harrow is going to wipe him, and his crew out for this. Jimmy won't do shit - the Commadore has him pegged.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 132
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 12:34:00 AM   
galvatron

What an ending to the episode. Richard to bring out a major can of whoop ass! 

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 133
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 1:09:15 AM   
beebs_

Finally something exciting happened! I do like that Manny bloke....

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 134
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 9:14:53 AM   
Timon

I love Manny, but he's no Rothstein...

Time for Harrow to bring the pain... although surely his one eye affects his sniping ability now. Depth perception and all that.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 135
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 8:09:07 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Don't rifles have just one viewfinder tho, using just the one eye...?

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 136
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 8:18:47 PM   
Rgirvan44

Whose to say Harrow will know it was Manny that did it? Jimmy's wife is found dead, with another woman.

It wouldn't be hard to put two and two together and get five.

Post #: 137
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 8:23:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

That's what I said above.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 138
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 1/12/2011 8:25:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

That's what I said above.

Well you said the police. I could see Harrow going off well before they even find the bodies.

Post #: 139
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 5/12/2011 4:45:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

Well, there you go.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 140
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 12:40:36 AM   
furrybastard

*** SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 11 ***

Wow. That must have been one serious walk of shame.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 141
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 10:46:24 AM   
Harry Tuttle

EPISODE 11 SPOILERS AHEAD

Good episode for the most part although I did think a bit too much time was spent on the flashbacks and not enough time was spent moving the "present day" plot forward. I mean it's the last episode next week. I know a few things are going to carry forward into season 3 but I would have liked a resolution to Nucky's court case this season.

Margaret Schroeder is really starting to do my head in. I don't really know why and I'm not sure when but at some point I really started hating her and now she annoys me tremendously whenever she's on screen. I think it might be the squeaky voice.

Jimmy is so fucked. There can be no redemption for the motherfucker and he's all but been abandoned by his associates. He surely has to die soon. Doesn't he?

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 6/12/2011 10:47:08 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 142
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 10:49:53 AM   
Rgirvan44

I don't think we need spoiler tags in this thread.

Jimmy is doomed. I cannot see how he gets himself out of this in one piece.

Loved the final moments - it was basically Chinatown - which has even more subtext consider John Hustons grandson plays Harrow.

Post #: 143
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 11:02:28 AM   
beebs_

Yep, it's over for Jimmy. I swear... his mother...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 144
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 11:03:24 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Loved the final moments - it was basically Chinatown - which has even more subtext consider John Hustons grandson plays Harrow.

So who do you reckon will pull the trigger should Jimmy be written out?

I think Manny most probably although it would be kinda poetic if it was Richard. Whoever does it I hope they take Gillian as well, she is one fucked up lady and is wholly responsible for Jimmy being such a fuck up.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 145
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 11:28:34 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I think Manny most probably although it would be kinda poetic if it was Richard. Whoever does it I hope they take Gillian as well, she is one fucked up lady and is wholly responsible for Jimmy being such a fuck up.

I actully think Richard and Jimmy will work together and get Manny. But then Richard will kill Jimmy, as his punishment for what happened.

Gillian is a messed up, but you have to see things from her world - raped and abused as a very young girl. Having to survive with a son at such a young age, in a world where such a thing was looked down upon. She is messed up, but it comes from a tragic place.

Post #: 146
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 11:45:12 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I actully think Richard and Jimmy will work together and get Manny. But then Richard will kill Jimmy, as his punishment for what happened.

Gillian is a messed up, but you have to see things from her world - raped and abused as a very young girl. Having to survive with a son at such a young age, in a world where such a thing was looked down upon. She is messed up, but it comes from a tragic place.

I think it has to be Harrow that pulls the trigger. Either him or Nucky and it's not really Nucky's style. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Lucky Luciano or Capone though.

Yeah GIllian is a wreck but she's also a destructive influence on her son. Fatally so by the look of it. He was doing well for himself before she decided to fuck him because she was jealous of his girlfriend (it was deffo a concious decision IMO, she wasn't anywhere near as drunk as she made out). Gotta love the whole Oedipus vibe going on though, it's pretty well written (even though you could see it coming a mile off).

I hope there's no reconcilliation between Nucky and Jimmy. That would be a bit of a cop out but thankfully not one I can see them going for. If Nucky wouldn't forgive his brother there's no way he'd forgive Jimmy regardless of whatever responsibility he feels towards him. Having said that though Nucky was pretty friendly towards Angela so her death might soften his resolve (although we've seen no sign of it yet).

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 6/12/2011 11:46:08 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 147
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 12:28:16 PM   
furrybastard

I wouldn't be so harsh on Gillian either. OK she's twisted and messed up but, like every other character in the show, she lives in a corrupt society that feeds on the weak and she's very much a product (and early victim) of that world. This is alluded to in the scene with Jimmy and his classmates discussing the meaning of the book.  And unlike the others, she genuinely has to suffer for everything she's got, and I don't think she's in any denial about who she is or what she's done. Margaret prefers to pretend she isn't culpable, Nucky likes to pretend he's some noble, generous entrepreneur (though I do suspect he has more self-awareness than he lets on), Jimmy and his father feel they're entitled to power and money, the agent thinks he's doing God's work.

Gillian knows how it really works and she's very fortright in not having any pretence and just taking it. She's really just a reflection of those values embedded in society and, somewhat admirably, she refuses to be a victim ever again and stand up for herself.

Maybe not going about it in the best way, of course

Post #: 148
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 1:26:36 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

I wouldn't be so harsh on Gillian either. OK she's twisted and messed up but, like every other character in the show, she lives in a corrupt society that feeds on the weak and she's very much a product (and early victim) of that world. This is alluded to in the scene with Jimmy and his classmates discussing the meaning of the book.  And unlike the others, she genuinely has to suffer for everything she's got, and I don't think she's in any denial about who she is or what she's done. Margaret prefers to pretend she isn't culpable, Nucky likes to pretend he's some noble, generous entrepreneur (though I do suspect he has more self-awareness than he lets on), Jimmy and his father feel they're entitled to power and money, the agent thinks he's doing God's work.

Gillian knows how it really works and she's very fortright in not having any pretence and just taking it. She's really just a reflection of those values embedded in society and, somewhat admirably, she refuses to be a victim ever again and stand up for herself.

Maybe not going about it in the best way, of course

She fucked her son and is responsible for him setting down the path which will inevitably lead to his destruction. Add this to the coldness she displayed towards Angela's memory and there's a woman who'll get not a jot of sympathy from me. In a programme full of murderers, perverts and gansters she's the least sympathetic person on the show for me. She is as hot as hell though

Having said that, I did cheer for her when she was slapping the Commodore about on his sick bed, the perverted old bastard.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 6/12/2011 1:27:20 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 149
RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 - 6/12/2011 8:13:15 PM   
Timon

I have no words....

That was...all so unexpected. And disturbing.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI