Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 4/10/2010 8:11:24 PM   
Rgirvan44

Episode 3 was magnificent.

The scene in the dentists seat - bloody hell!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Giant Green Rabbit)
Post #: 61
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 4/10/2010 10:32:26 PM   
vad3r

All three episodes have been masterpieces and just perfect in every way.

If it continues like this for a couple of seasons it will be better than The Wire.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 62
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 7/10/2010 6:17:02 PM   
big dawg

watched episodes one and 2, last night and going to watch episode 3 tonight. It's been fantastic so far from the opening credits onwards, visually stunning, acting superb . Easily Buscemi's best role. I'm actually blown away by a tv series for the first time in a long time. The Wire was a slow burner for me, so were Lost and The Sopranos. This has been brilliant from the off

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 63
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 7/10/2010 7:30:42 PM   
Timon

Though I've only seen the first two seasons of The Wire, this is awesome viewing in my book. Epic on every scale and great characters.

Plus it's HBO, so gratutitious nudity. Woohoo!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 64
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 8/10/2010 12:42:44 AM   
Deviation

PAZ DE LA HUERTA NAKED HURRAH

That said the show is mostly perfect, but I do hope the pace picks up in the next few episodes. It is in danger of becoming duller than Lost.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 65
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 8/10/2010 9:41:51 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

PAZ DE LA HUERTA NAKED HURRAH

That said the show is mostly perfect, but I do hope the pace picks up in the next few episodes. It is in danger of becoming duller than Lost.

What's wrong with that? This is a slow burner.
Most HBO shows are like that: The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood, Carnivale etc.
And the best dramas on TV are slow paced: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 66
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 10/10/2010 4:12:04 PM   
Deviation

Nothing really, and the quality right now is outstanding.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 67
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 12/10/2010 12:45:07 PM   
kata

Enjoyed the latest ep. 
The point of the Mrs Schroeder character is starting to become a bit clearer now.  I'm also liking how we're seeing Al Capone rise through the underworld.  Without wanting to give away any spoilers, I'm looking forward to seeing Al and Jimmy's repercussions.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 68
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 12/10/2010 9:15:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

"I ain't building no bookcase..."

Damn this is a good show.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 69
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 13/10/2010 3:31:17 PM   
Timon

That was an excellent scene. Loving this show so far. I personally think the 1920s is one of the last great historical periods (of which we have no current survivors).

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 70
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 13/10/2010 6:26:26 PM   
krudler

Am loving this show, the slow burn aspect is brilliant, the characters all have purpose and the writing is excellent. And its darkly funny as well. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 71
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 25/10/2010 7:34:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

Margarets put down was awesome. This show is great. 

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 72
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 26/10/2010 4:24:04 PM   
kata

Surprised this is only getting a few comments each episode. 
I'm loving it, standout for me this week was the gunning down of the Greek boss.  Classic stuff.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 73
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 26/10/2010 9:01:23 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Just caught up on this. The knifing - fuck me that was cold.

Margeret Schroeder's neighbour was a bit bitchy, eh?

Does anyone else keep looking at Steve Buscemi and thinking, "and this guy played "shut the fuck up" Donny? - Bloody hell!"

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 74
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 27/10/2010 1:31:39 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Does anyone else keep looking at Steve Buscemi and thinking, "and this guy played "shut the fuck up" Donny? - Bloody hell!"

Yeah, and for someone that will forever be 'kinda funny looking' Buscemi certainly is getting far more than his far share of hole in this show. Just goes to prove that power is sexy.

Like the way the Capone character is being explored. He's all too often shown at the hight of his powers, almost a parody, but it's really interesting to see the beginning, the home life and the slight hints of stone cold violence underneath.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 27/10/2010 4:13:14 PM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 75
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 27/10/2010 3:59:35 PM   
Jeffrey

"I'm with his wife."
"No you're not. You're with his mother."

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

Yeah, and for someone that will forever bit 'kinda funny looking' Buscemi certainly is getting far more than his far share of hole in this show. Just goes to prove that power is sexy.

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 76
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 27/10/2010 4:12:36 PM   
Rebenectomy

I'll be forwarding that to all the BE fans I know

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 77
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 4/11/2010 11:52:49 PM   
galvatron

Anyone seen the latest episode? The scene in the cafe was amazing. Pitt was fantastic and his story was bone chilling. Great stuff. 

Post #: 78
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 5/11/2010 1:03:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I think I would have messed myself in that guy's situation had Jimmy told me that story.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 79
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 5/11/2010 7:53:59 AM   
Timon

I love the 'faceless veteran'. His mask is like a twisted Phantom of the Opera and Jimmy's exchange with the hood that slashed Pearl was fantastic to watch, though I guessed the inevitable but excellently done outcome.

I do love this show. This plus the Walking Dead means the winter is a great time for decent drama shows.

Post #: 80
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 5/11/2010 11:05:30 PM   
Giant Green Rabbit

Once there was a little bunny who had a little furry tail and a little shiny nose. But the electrodeath cloud of commerce strangled it and its foxhole was converted to a parking lot, a parking lot, a parking lot. Ample parking asphalted over bunny bones. Everyone everyone get in.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 81
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 6/11/2010 2:40:43 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Giant Green Rabbit

Lokking foward to this show. My Aunty has been sending me tapes. Once I'm doe I'll watch them all back to back  to take it all in.

This show sounds promising, and I like the fact it has been renewed for a second season. Lets hope they don't do a 'Carnivale'

(in reply to Giant Green Rabbit)
Post #: 82
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 14/11/2010 3:09:36 PM   
big dawg

He reminds me of Karl Urban a bit.....anyhoo, i thought the last two eps were a bit slow but I feel that it was the calm before the storm. It's been set up nicely for the last few eps. Still absolutely loving it.

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 83
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 14/11/2010 9:44:13 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Any news on when this is coming to England? I have a few on my computer but I don't like watching things on my laptop.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 84
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 14/11/2010 11:38:45 PM   
KnightofZyryab

I must say Stephen Graham's Italian American accent as Capone is bloody good.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 85
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 15/11/2010 5:29:03 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Spoilers for Episode 9 - Belle Femme

Like a good game of chess (I surmise: I've never actually played the game amazingly) Mrs Schroeder's fortunes continue to go up. It's hard to prove this, but from the moment that Nooky looked at her oddly after they first met, and it became obvious that he really liked her, it was clear that she was going to rise through the echelons and become a figure of power, probably by the end of the first series. And certainly, the way that Madame Jeunet looked at her, as she carefully angled her way to getting that dress instead of a freebie for her daughter, makes it clear that there is realisation going on in her. Not for one moment do I think that power-grabbing was her intent from the start, but certainly she has realised the power that is nascent (and made clear by Madame Jeunet saying as much) in her knowing Nooky.

The series continues to be just awesome television.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 86
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 15/11/2010 9:34:41 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

Any news on when this is coming to England? I have a few on my computer but I don't like watching things on my laptop.

January I think

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 87
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 16/11/2010 8:18:43 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

Like a good game of chess (I surmise: I've never actually played the game amazingly) Mrs Schroeder's fortunes continue to go up. It's hard to prove this, but from the moment that Nooky looked at her oddly after they first met, and it became obvious that he really liked her, it was clear that she was going to rise through the echelons and become a figure of power, probably by the end of the first series. And certainly, the way that Madame Jeunet looked at her, as she carefully angled her way to getting that dress instead of a freebie for her daughter, makes it clear that there is realisation going on in her. Not for one moment do I think that power-grabbing was her intent from the start, but certainly she has realised the power that is nascent (and made clear by Madame Jeunet saying as much) in her knowing Nooky.

I'm thinking of calling her Mrs Shrewder from now on.

Post #: 88
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 17/11/2010 12:16:10 AM   
kata

"Heads are gonna roll for this"
That was my first thought at the end...

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 89
RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) - 18/11/2010 1:43:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

I'm thinking of calling her Mrs Shrewder from now on.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Martin Scorsese presents 'Boardwalk Empire' (HBO) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI