Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 11:15:27 AM   
musht

The window argument is stupid. 2D looks much more like a window given that things stay behind the glass, 3D brings things OUT of the screen.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1381
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 11:21:06 AM   
superdan

The irony is that this:
quote:

Cameron: You canít fatigue the eye and you canít draw attention to it. People talk about it being gimmicky. What they really mean is you are putting more focus on the interesting stereoscopic illusions versus the moment in the narrative. The second you are not paying attention to it as narrative continuum, then you have just lost the battle. You have reminded people you are just watching something in 3D with glasses on. Thatís the last thing you want to do.

is exactly what Cameron and pretty much every 3D film of the last 4 or 5 years has done.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 1382
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 11:46:51 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I cannot believe how much hate there is for 3D on these forums, its crazy, so much anger and hatred over something that is a lot of fun. I've never encountered this level of bile towards 3D anywhere else on the net. Its so weird, i mean if you hate it no one is stopping you from just watching movies in 2D. Every single 3D movie is available in 2D, just watch that and then you don't have to be so overwhelmingly negative! Its just another way to enjoy movies, chill. If you don't like it, find something else to enjoy.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1383
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 11:56:23 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I cannot believe how much hate there is for 3D on these forums, its crazy, so much anger and hatred over something that is a lot of fun. I've never encountered this level of bile towards 3D anywhere else on the net. Its so weird, i mean if you hate it no one is stopping you from just watching movies in 2D. Every single 3D movie is available in 2D, just watch that and then you don't have to be so overwhelmingly negative! Its just another way to enjoy movies, chill. If you don't like it, find something else to enjoy.

I'm not sure everyone hates 3D as such - myself and others have said we've enjoyed it in several films - but I think some people object to being told (either by KoK or James bloody Cameron) that the reason we don't like it is because we're not watching it properly.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 1384
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 12:05:02 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

I'm not sure everyone hates 3D as such - myself and others have said we've enjoyed it in several films - but I think some people object to being told (either by KoK or James bloody Cameron) that the reason we don't like it is because we're not watching it properly.

i can understand that, absolutely. I disagree with a lot of what he is saying and as has been pointed out, when i quoted Cameron to him, he refused to believe me, despite me linking the quote! Its just that in general, the negativity towards 3D seems so ott. Its just entertainment, people act like its killing cinema or something.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1385
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 1:55:17 PM   
superdan

quote:

Its so weird, i mean if you hate it no one is stopping you from just watching movies in 2D. Every single 3D movie is available in 2D, just watch that and then you don't have to be so overwhelmingly negative! Its just another way to enjoy movies, chill. If you don't like it, find something else to enjoy.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the problem is it is rarely that straightforward. By way of example, my local Cineworld has 14 showings of Gravity today. All of them are in 3D. There are 6 showings of Frozen in 3D and only 3 showings in 2D, the last of which is at 5 o'clock. Basically, if I wanted to watch either of these films after work I'd have to watch them in 3D, I wouldn't have the option of watching them in 2D.

Post #: 1386
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 2:20:07 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

The irony is that this:
quote:

Cameron: You canít fatigue the eye and you canít draw attention to it. People talk about it being gimmicky. What they really mean is you are putting more focus on the interesting stereoscopic illusions versus the moment in the narrative. The second you are not paying attention to it as narrative continuum, then you have just lost the battle. You have reminded people you are just watching something in 3D with glasses on. Thatís the last thing you want to do.

is exactly what Cameron and pretty much every 3D film of the last 4 or 5 years has done.

and that is why cameron maybe the one to refresh the format again with 'avatar 2'.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1387
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 2:30:54 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

The irony is that this:
quote:

and that is why cameron maybe the one to refresh the format again with 'avatar 2'.

I think improving the 3D is the least of Cameron's problems when it comes to Avatar 2; story, writing, acting, etc

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1388
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 5:12:38 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

Its so weird, i mean if you hate it no one is stopping you from just watching movies in 2D. Every single 3D movie is available in 2D, just watch that and then you don't have to be so overwhelmingly negative! Its just another way to enjoy movies, chill. If you don't like it, find something else to enjoy.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the problem is it is rarely that straightforward. By way of example, my local Cineworld has 14 showings of Gravity today. All of them are in 3D. There are 6 showings of Frozen in 3D and only 3 showings in 2D, the last of which is at 5 o'clock. Basically, if I wanted to watch either of these films after work I'd have to watch them in 3D, I wouldn't have the option of watching them in 2D.

It does seem to depend on the cinema. My local Vue has 8 2D screenings of The Hobbit ;TDOS on Friday/Saturday (then 6 a day through the week) as opposed to 4 3D screenings (3 of which are 48fps). 2D would very much seem to have the advantage Then again maybe they need to keep a 3D screen free for Frozen. Genrally though I can find a 2D screening there without problem

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1389
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 6:39:29 PM   
sanchia

At my local Odeon a film I planned on seeing has three 2D showings (the latest being 5.10pm) and then the other 8 showings are 3D.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1390
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 8:23:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

3D is a gimmick to get people to spend more money at the cinema.It wouldnt be so bad except for the FACT that the studios are forcing it on moviegoers ( last year i had no easy option to see Dredd at the cinema in the NORMAL way.There was no cinema nearby that was showing it in anything other than 3D ).

Also there is a trend emerging where studios save special features and extended director cuts of films only for the 3D version of films on blu ray.The recent release of The Wolverine is a prime example of this.Want the extended version? that means those who do not like 3D have to shell out extra for a 3D disc they do not want bub.

Because they couldnt just put the extended version ( and commentary) on the regular BD set could they?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 11/12/2013 8:31:53 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 1391
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 8:30:18 PM   
horribleives

I think the last few posts sum up why people have a problem with it - I understand DK's point in principle but the fact is, it's all good and well saying 'if you don't like it, don't watch it' but sometimes people don't have a choice.
Of course, we could all just re-train our lazy eyes and tiny minds to get them up to speed with modern technology like James Cameron has, despite the fact that a hell of a lot of people simply don't want to spend two hours with a pair of plastic specs on.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1392
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 9:44:37 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Well sometimes you have to go the extra mile to find the kind of showing you prefer. Me personally, I travel 29 miles to go to see a movie with the optimum picture and sound and the biggest possible screen. I'm happy to do it if I want to see the movie with the best possible presentation. I agree Dredd did seem to have a shortage of 2D showings, but that one seems to be a bit of an exception. It is a native 3D movie though so I can understand them wanting to encourage customers to see it in 3D.

Regarding the extras being saved for the 3D blus, a lot of people buy the 3D version then sell the 3D disc. They can usually get about a tenner or more for it, and bingo, you've knocked that off the price you've paid! I appreciate that it's not ideal but it is a way to decrease the cost if you can be bothered. Plenty of posters post about selling their 3D discs on ebay and how much the blu ended up costing them with that knocked off the price on Blu-ray.com.

And as for wearing some plastic specs for two hours, big deal. I wear eye glasses to watch movies and then have to wear 3D specs on top, and I couldn't care less. It's not that big of a deal having to don a pair of 3D specs for a movie. I suppose you complain when it's sunny and you have to wear sunglasses.

Post #: 1393
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 10:00:10 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Well sometimes you have to go the extra mile to find the kind of showing you prefer. Me personally, I travel 29 miles to go to see a movie with the optimum picture and sound and the biggest possible screen. I'm happy to do it if I want to see the movie with the best possible presentation. I agree Dredd did seem to have a shortage of 2D showings, but that one seems to be a bit of an exception. It is a native 3D movie though so I can understand them wanting to encourage customers to see it in 3D.

Regarding the extras being saved for the 3D blus, a lot of people buy the 3D version then sell the 3D disc. They can usually get about a tenner or more for it, and bingo, you've knocked that off the price you've paid! I appreciate that it's not ideal but it is a way to decrease the cost if you can be bothered. Plenty of posters post about selling their 3D discs on ebay and how much the blu ended up costing them with that knocked off the price on Blu-ray.com.

And as for wearing some plastic specs for two hours, big deal. I wear eye glasses to watch movies and then have to wear 3D specs on top, and I couldn't care less. It's not that big of a deal having to don a pair of 3D specs for a movie. I suppose you complain when it's sunny and you have to wear sunglasses.

I'm not bothered in the slightest by wearing the glasses - but plenty of other people are. And, re: 2D showings, as Cool Breeze, Sanchia et al have pointed out, sometimes it's a pain in the arse (and wallet) having to go the extra mile. Also (and I know I'm talking about a minority here, but I think it's a valid point to illustrate other reasons why 3D isn't for everyone) my mate's dad has only got one eye. In his own words last summer on Pacific Rim: 'Unless there's a 2D screening I'm fucked'. As it turned out he found a 2D screening 'cos one thing the north-east isn't short on is cinemas but plenty of other people aren't so lucky

Post #: 1394
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 11/12/2013 10:10:24 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

I'm not bothered in the slightest by wearing the glasses - but plenty of other people are. And, re: 2D showings, as Cool Breeze, Sanchia et al have pointed out, sometimes it's a pain in the arse (and wallet) having to go the extra mile. Also (and I know I'm talking about a minority here, but I think it's a valid point to illustrate other reasons why 3D isn't for everyone) my mate's dad has only got one eye. In his own words last summer on Pacific Rim: 'Unless there's a 2D screening I'm fucked'. As it turned out he found a 2D screening 'cos one thing the north-east isn't short on is cinemas but plenty of other people aren't so lucky

Well you could go the extra mile and say that movies in general can't be enjoyed by people who are blind or people who are deaf. Obviously if you only have one functioning eye you won't be able to enjoy 3D period, but that's the way it is, such is the nature of the technology. All I can say is that I am willing to go the extra distance for a cinema experience that suits me, if someone else can't be, then fair enough, they will just have to settle for whatever their nearest cinema offers.

Post #: 1395
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 12:00:57 AM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

Respect to your mate's father, but why would having one eye be a problem? He'd still only see one eye's worth of info. It would effectively be a 2d film.

Post #: 1396
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 2:02:37 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Nice narrow view of the world you have there.

For some people, "Go find something else" just isn't that easy. Some people, like I, can't watch 3D because their eyesight just can't handle it. And when your local cinema decides to show more 3D performances of (for instance) Gravity or Frozen, that removes the consumer's basic right of choice. Couple that with the fact that, by and large, 3D is needlessly, cynically and badly applied to films that don't need it, film studios and cinemas are expecting audiences to pay through the nose for substandard fare. I don't have a problem with the format of 3D in theory, but I do have a problem with people not getting their value for money and having their rights to choose taken away from them.

So I'm sorry if the dissenting voices are ruining your time in Happy 3D La-La-Land, but these are important things that need to addressed.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 12/12/2013 2:03:41 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1397
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 5:03:20 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

Respect to your mate's father, but why would having one eye be a problem? He'd still only see one eye's worth of info. It would effectively be a 2d film.

So the solution should be to pay extra - in some cinemas a lot extra - to be uncomfortable for two hours for literally no reason as the film will be in 2D anyway? I know the studios want us all to be passive consumers but that's taking the piss. The issue is not about people with one eye, it's about the availability of 2D screenings for people who'd rather not (or can't) watch 3D, and it's an issue that apparently no-one in the pro-3D camp on here seems particularly concerned about.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 12/12/2013 5:06:14 AM >

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 1398
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 5:19:13 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well you could go the extra mile and say that movies in general can't be enjoyed by people who are blind or people who are deaf. Obviously if you only have one functioning eye you won't be able to enjoy 3D period, but that's the way it is, such is the nature of the technology. All I can say is that I am willing to go the extra distance for a cinema experience that suits me, if someone else can't be, then fair enough, they will just have to settle for whatever their nearest cinema offers.

Plenty of people can't afford to go the extra mile and travel to a different cinema though, and the fact that people are having to do that due to a lack of 2D screenings (or miss out on seeing the film altogether) shouldn't sit right with any self-respecting movie fan. Expecting them to just 'settle' for less choice is simply insulting. .

Post #: 1399
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 6:11:39 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Nice narrow view of the world you have there.

For some people, "Go find something else" just isn't that easy. Some people, like I, can't watch 3D because their eyesight just can't handle it. And when your local cinema decides to show more 3D performances of (for instance) Gravity or Frozen, that removes the consumer's basic right of choice. Couple that with the fact that, by and large, 3D is needlessly, cynically and badly applied to films that don't need it, film studios and cinemas are expecting audiences to pay through the nose for substandard fare. I don't have a problem with the format of 3D in theory, but I do have a problem with people not getting their value for money and having their rights to choose taken away from them.

So I'm sorry if the dissenting voices are ruining your time in Happy 3D La-La-Land, but these are important things that need to addressed.

Thank you, I pride myself on my narrow view of the world If you need to resort to insults to put your argument across, then you don't have an argument worth listening to I'm afraid.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1400
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 6:13:42 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Plenty of people can't afford to go the extra mile and travel to a different cinema though, and the fact that people are having to do that due to a lack of 2D screenings (or miss out on seeing the film altogether) shouldn't sit right with any self-respecting movie fan. Expecting them to just 'settle' for less choice is simply insulting. .

If money is such an issue, perhaps one shouldn't be wasting it on going to the cinema in the first place. I don't know what else you want me to say, I can only speak for myself, and I make the effort to go a bit further to see films the way I want to see them. Obviously this could just go back and forth endlessly, so perhaps this particular point is best left here.

Post #: 1401
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 6:16:06 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

In an effort to perhaps push this thread into a more positive direction and it has been wallowing in negativity for a while, the trailer for Edge of Tomorrow came out yesterday and much to my surprise it's going to be in 3D. Jumper had a so so 3D conversion but I'm hoping for a lot better with this as it will receive a theatrical release. He has quite a handheld visual style, so will be interesting to see how well it all translates. WWZ has a similar visual style to Liman and that had a great 3D conversion, so fingers crossed.

Post #: 1402
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 7:17:45 AM   
sanchia

quote:

If money is such an issue, perhaps one shouldn't be wasting it on going to the cinema in the first place. I don't know what else you want me to say, I can only speak for myself, and I make the effort to go a bit further to see films the way I want to see them. Obviously this could just go back and forth endlessly, so perhaps this particular point is best left here.

However if there is a cinema nearby which only shows a couple of 2D showings during working hours and the next nearest cinema is thirty miles away is it really too much to ask for a 2D showing at a reasonable hour rather than five 3D showings only? It is not the fact there are 3D showings which is even the issue it is rather the fact that they remove the choice of seeing the film in 2D.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1403
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 7:55:20 AM   
superdan

quote:

If money is such an issue, perhaps one shouldn't be wasting it on going to the cinema in the first place.

I'm not sure someone who travels nearly 30 miles just to watch films should be making comments about wasting money

Post #: 1404
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 8:20:48 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

Thank you, I pride myself on my narrow view of the world If you need to resort to insults to put your argument across, then you don't have an argument worth listening to I'm afraid.

Unfortunately you were appearing to make vaguely disablist comments back there, suggesting that people who cannot 'properly' watch 3D films - or any films - due to a disability should just accept that they won't be 'allowed' to have the same experience and should therefore just put up with it. That's how it sounded, although you seem like a nice bloke so I doubt you fully meant it. People mention 3D "haters" or "dissenters" but what you have are some generally open-minded people who while not necessarily being fans of the technology will still concede when it works. People have problems with having certain conditions being imposed upon them by distributors and cinema-chains. Why should we just "put up with it"? What kind of attitude is that? It suggests that most 3D advocates seem to be fans of the technology more than the medium, which is kinda sad, especially if they're meant to be lovers of film. This is how it seems, anyway. And the fact that there seems to be an obtuseness when it comes to comprehending or accepting the problems people have with the technology - be it physical problems or issues with price - is where the accusations of narrow-mindedness come from, and understandably so. The inability to see these problems, or care about why people have them, is what leads to us assuming that 3D zealots are just so blinkered to what's going on.

It's ironic that pro 3D people talk about how much depth there is available, yet their own attitudes to the situation displays a lack of genuine perspective. And any suggestion that people who can't afford to travel or "put in extra effort" to find a screening that's suitable for them reeks of corporate elitism. If that's your attitude then the film studios and the distributors really have you bent over a barrel.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 1405
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 8:35:06 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Unfortunately you were appearing to make vaguely disablist comments back there, suggesting that people who cannot 'properly' watch 3D films - or any films - due to a disability should just accept that they won't be 'allowed' to have the same experience and should therefore just put up with it.

Ok you've gone too far with this one! Don't twist my words.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1406
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 8:35:42 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

If money is such an issue, perhaps one shouldn't be wasting it on going to the cinema in the first place.

I'm not sure someone who travels nearly 30 miles just to watch films should be making comments about wasting money

But to me it's not a waste of money. I can also afford it thank you very much

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1407
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 9:03:04 AM   
MonsterCat

To be honest, I'm kinda straining to see where I might have insulted you or anyone on this thread. When you start playing the imagined insult card that's a sure sign that you don't how to argue your position properly.

Also, this a message board for people to air their views both negative and positive. It's unrealistic to expect people to say only good things about 3D because it's a highly divisive and subjective issue. I mean, if you can't handle anyone being nasty about your precious 3D maybe you should take your own advice and go somewhere else on the forum.

Not everything about 3D is awesome and mind-blowing, and the other members reserve the right to air those perfectly understandable and intelligently explained grievances in this forum. I really don't give a monkeys if you don't like it.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1408
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 9:11:51 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

To be honest, I'm kinda straining to see where I might have insulted you or anyone on this thread. When you start playing the imagined insult card that's a sure sign that you don't how to argue your position properly.

Also, this a message board for people to air their views both negative and positive. It's unrealistic to expect people to say only good things about 3D because it's a highly divisive and subjective issue. I mean, if you can't handle anyone being nasty about your precious 3D maybe you should take your own advice and go somewhere else on the forum.

Not everything about 3D is awesome and mind-blowing, and the other members reserve the right to air those perfectly understandable and intelligently explained grievances in this forum. I really don't give a monkeys if you don't like it.

But i hardly ever post in this thread and when i do, you're telling me to go elsewhere LOL. A friendly bunch you lot . All i see in this thread is constant endless negativity, you moan and moan and moan and then you moan some more and whine and complain. Don't you ever get tired of being negative?

I kind of feel like people have made their points but just can't let go and have to keep repeating themselves over and over. Yes we get it, you hate 3D! In that case just go off and find something you do enjoy! Anyway, i've said my peace, the content of this thread is pretty samey and there's only so much complaining one can put up with so i'll leave you all to it.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1409
RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion - 12/12/2013 12:04:18 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Unfortunately you were appearing to make vaguely disablist comments back there, suggesting that people who cannot 'properly' watch 3D films - or any films - due to a disability should just accept that they won't be 'allowed' to have the same experience and should therefore just put up with it.

Ok you've gone too far with this one! Don't twist my words.

That was my initial impression but then I also added that you seem like a nice bloke and obviously didn't mean it to come across like that in any way. But you didn't quote that bit.

quote:

But i hardly ever post in this thread and when i do, you're telling me to go elsewhere LOL. A friendly bunch you lot . All i see in this thread is constant endless negativity, you moan and moan and moan and then you moan some more and whine and complain. Don't you ever get tired of being negative?

But this is a thread about the merits/failures of 3D. There's a lot to discuss. It's a divisive issue and the majority of posters on the forum don't appear to be happy with it. This is the right place to air those grievances.

quote:

I kind of feel like people have made their points but just can't let go and have to keep repeating themselves over and over. Yes we get it, you hate 3D! In that case just go off and find something you do enjoy! Anyway, i've said my peace, the content of this thread is pretty samey and there's only so much complaining one can put up with so i'll leave you all to it.

It's not about hating 3D. It's about trying to explain to some people about why they have the issues they have. And if it sounds repetitive it's because some people just don't seem to want to understand why some people do have those problems.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 1410
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Mark Kermode's 3 D Boycott & General 3-D Discussion Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI