Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Portal 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Portal 2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Portal 2 - 26/5/2011 8:59:26 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

It's all good.

Keep at it, you'll get it.

BOOM! Done, and done.

And I mean done.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 121
RE: Portal 2 - 31/5/2011 10:47:59 PM   
the anomaly

Loved it.

I'll buy it latter when the DLC is out. Not started multiplayer either. Single player was brilliant fun.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 122
RE: Portal 2 - 6/6/2011 12:12:45 PM   
jcthefirst

See the Professor Portal cheevo, do I have to do that with someone who hasn't played through the co-op part yet? As in, someone who doesn't have all the d-pad actions to perform?

I have three stupid co-op cheevos to get, as well as the Smash TV one for 1000G.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 123
RE: Portal 2 - 6/6/2011 1:08:52 PM   
MBeard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

See the Professor Portal cheevo, do I have to do that with someone who hasn't played through the co-op part yet? As in, someone who doesn't have all the d-pad actions to perform?

I have three stupid co-op cheevos to get, as well as the Smash TV one for 1000G.

I'm afraid not. It's someone who hasn't been through the co-op at all i.e. the calibration course.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 124
RE: Portal 2 - 6/6/2011 1:19:59 PM   
jcthefirst

Someone completely new to co-op then? Hmmm, that might prove difficult. Hang on, the whole thing do you mean?

Also, the Smash TV one is a bitch.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 125
RE: Portal 2 - 6/6/2011 1:44:55 PM   
MBeard

quote:

Someone completely new to co-op then? Hmmm, that might prove difficult. Hang on, the whole thing do you mean?

Yeah, someone that has never set foot into co-op before. Smash TV is easy enough with a guide.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 126
RE: Portal 2 - 6/6/2011 11:15:39 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

quote:

Yeah, someone that has never set foot into co-op before. Smash TV is easy enough with a guide.

Yes. Yes, it is.

I never realised that you could use the turrets. Felt a bit stupid when I realised.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 127
RE: Portal 2 - 7/6/2011 10:05:06 AM   
talpacino

quote:

You only have to do the calibration course, takes less than 5 minutes. If you have a 2 day trial or a mate has a spare free gold trial on their console just ask them to set up a dummy account to fly through it. It can't be done co-op on the one console unfortunately. Bit of a pain in the arse really.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 128
RE: Portal 2 - 12/6/2011 11:47:17 PM   
sparkwood

Just completed the single player. Loved it, great fun. I admit i got stuck on a few occassions and had to check for solutions online.  The voice work was great, Stephen Merchant is great at voicing losers!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 129
RE: Portal 2 - 1/8/2011 1:33:26 PM   
jcthefirst

Come on Valve. Where's my DLC?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sparkwood)
Post #: 130
RE: Portal 2 - 16/9/2011 6:37:28 PM   
Saltire

Anyone know the latest on the DLC? I heard it was coming around mid-September but have heard nothing since.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 131
RE: Portal 2 - 19/9/2011 1:28:24 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Anyone know the latest on the DLC? I heard it was coming around mid-September but have heard nothing since.

Isn't this a little like asking 'where's Half Life 3?'

Got this on Saturday, managed to play sporadically over the weekend and have just been dumped in the pit. Great fun so far, and the puzzles are equally as challenging as the original, although I think the enormity of the plot and the size of the laboratories this time around lacks the precision and articulated conciseness of Portal. Some parts kind of remind me of Gordan Freeman's wanderings around the City 17 citadel (no bad thing in HL2, just seems a little mis-placed here). Still, you can't just remake the first game can you; it needs to have that little story development to flesh out the background.

Going to play the next part on the PC rather than the PS3 to see if there's any difference.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 132
RE: Portal 2 - 19/9/2011 4:38:22 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

quote:

I bloody hope not!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 133
RE: Portal 2 - 1/10/2011 8:36:07 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Good news! Peer Review free DLC is out on Tuesday.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 134
RE: Portal 2 - 3/10/2011 10:50:15 PM   
Saltire

Yeah I saw that, cant wait!! 

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 135
RE: Portal 2 - 3/10/2011 10:53:16 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

Half Life 3?!?!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 136
RE: Portal 2 - 5/10/2011 9:35:01 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

quote:

Got this on Saturday, managed to play sporadically over the weekend and have just been dumped in the pit. Great fun so far, and the puzzles are equally as challenging as the original, although I think the enormity of the plot and the size of the laboratories this time around lacks the precision and articulated conciseness of Portal. Some parts kind of remind me of Gordan Freeman's wanderings around the City 17 citadel (no bad thing in HL2, just seems a little mis-placed here). Still, you can't just remake the first game can you; it needs to have that little story development to flesh out the background.

Going to play the next part on the PC rather than the PS3 to see if there's any difference.

And done. It just gets better after being dumped in the pit. Cave Johnson is inspired lunacy "I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down... with the lemons!" the gels are great and the whole vastness of the Aperture site begins to make sense as it feeds into the back-story. Loved it. Now onto co-op!

Oh, and the PC version is better than the PS3! 

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 137
RE: Portal 2 - 6/10/2011 1:06:58 PM   
jcthefirst

Finished the new co-op DLC. Brilliant, but sadly too short. But it was free so it seems unfair to complain.

Although we were stuck on one chamber for an hour.  A BLOODY HOUR!!!

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 138
RE: Portal 2 - 6/10/2011 3:05:46 PM   
Saltire

I was disappointed there was no single-player additional maps. Gonna be going over to my mates at the weekend though to play the co-op maps though so that should be fun! Roll on more Portal, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 139
RE: Portal 2 - 6/10/2011 3:24:26 PM   
jcthefirst

I quite like the single player time trials though, especially as you have leaderboards now. 

I aim to beat all my friends times.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 140
RE: Portal 2 - 7/10/2011 2:14:45 PM   
Saltire

I dont bother with that since I dont have XLive these days so found it a waste of time trying to go over the same levels again to shave off a few secs here and there or trying to do it in the least portals, though if they'd put chievo's for them then it wouldve been more fun for me that way. Will just wait for the next DLC for hopefully some single-player maps.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 141
RE: Portal 2 - 8/1/2012 2:23:58 PM   
SWOTBM

Picked this up in the sales last week and I can definitely see why people were raving about this.  I should preface this by saying that I have never played Portal, so much of the mechanics/story was new to me.  Having said that, I thought the puzzle system was very innovative although so far not particularly taxing once you get used to the system.  I really like the humour from Glados and the Stephen Merchant character, both very funny.  Haven't played co-op yet but at the moment I can't see how some gaming outlets have given this a GOTY award- it is definitely a good game, but as good as some of the other great games we had in 2011?  I'm not so sure...

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 142
RE: Portal 2 - 8/1/2012 4:43:36 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Picked this up in the sales last week and I can definitely see why people were raving about this.  I should preface this by saying that I have never played Portal, so much of the mechanics/story was new to me.  Having said that, I thought the puzzle system was very innovative although so far not particularly taxing once you get used to the system.  I really like the humour from Glados and the Stephen Merchant character, both very funny.  Haven't played co-op yet but at the moment I can't see how some gaming outlets have given this a GOTY award- it is definitely a good game, but as good as some of the other great games we had in 2011?  I'm not so sure...

In a world of BF3, GoW3, Uncharted 3 ... it's not surprising reviewers gave Portal 2 game of the year. It's something fresh and innovative even though it's a sequel and it's brilliant. It expanded upon what made Portal great, which was a much smaller project and fleshed it out into a greater whole. Funny I just started playing it again yesterday as I'd forgotten about the FREE DLC (Co-op & time trials for the levels). So i plan on clearing it all up soon. Finish it and you'll see the genius that reviewers have seen in it.

My only complaint is there hasn't been any advanced maps yet. The last game had advanced maps which were separate to the story that provided much more of a challenge. Though it is meant to be free dlc latter. Not sure if it's out yet but the PC version is getting a level editor too which I'd love to spend some time with. May have to pick it up on PC if it never appears for consoles.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 143
RE: Portal 2 - 8/1/2012 5:05:47 PM   
Super Hans

I got this for Christmas, I think I've played through the first 2 chapters not ( just done the first levels which introduce those blue bridges).  Very good fun so far - never played the original but I can already see why people rate it so highly.

So far I love the fact that even though some levels have taken me a while, no matter how fiendish they seem, as long as you remember all the tricks that the portals allow and how to use them, anyone can do it!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 144
RE: Portal 2 - 8/1/2012 8:19:37 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

In a world of BF3, GoW3, Uncharted 3 ... it's not surprising reviewers gave Portal 2 game of the year. It's something fresh and innovative even though it's a sequel and it's brilliant. It expanded upon what made Portal great, which was a much smaller project and fleshed it out into a greater whole. Funny I just started playing it again yesterday as I'd forgotten about the FREE DLC (Co-op & time trials for the levels). So i plan on clearing it all up soon. Finish it and you'll see the genius that reviewers have seen in it.

My only complaint is there hasn't been any advanced maps yet. The last game had advanced maps which were separate to the story that provided much more of a challenge. Though it is meant to be free dlc latter. Not sure if it's out yet but the PC version is getting a level editor too which I'd love to spend some time with. May have to pick it up on PC if it never appears for consoles.

Yeah the new dlc coops maps were ok but not enough of a challenge and I too was disappointed there wasnt more of them and challenging single player maps too. Hopefully it won't be a year or so till the DLC that contains them comes out! The Portal games are fiendishly addictive and there should be regular updates and maps as the fans will scoop them up no worries.

Post #: 145
RE: Portal 2 - 9/1/2012 10:16:43 AM   
jcthefirst

It's easily my game of the year.

It never once dropped below sublime for me.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 146
RE: Portal 2 - 14/1/2012 1:10:48 AM   
SWOTBM

As I said in the other thread; very solid game.  At first I was disappointed with the fairly easy puzzles, but the game really started to pick up when it introduced the different gels and the tractor beam thing.  Most important lesson I leanrt?  Pay attention to your surroundings   I thought the humour was very good and it only got better with the introduction of Cave Johnson and Glados' temporary demise- although one of the best bits was running the first couple of  ''tests'' that Wheatley sets you.  Also, the music was pretty damn cool. 

The puzzle mechanics were quite innovative as well, but for me I think Catherine pips this game as the puzzle game of 2011- primarily due to the fact that there is always more than one way to complete a level and also because of the increased amount of variables.  For example in Portal 2 there is like what, three gels and two energy type beams, plus the lasers and the turrets, and the portals themselves I guess).  Whereas in Catherine you have loads of different types of blocks (normal, cracked, heavy, immovable, ice, bomb, trap, mystery, monster, bouncy), techniques (you learn about 3 a level and there are I think about 9 levels), plus you also have the items for the noobs   So I think Catherine was more challenging than Portal 2

Haven't touched the co-op yet, got to try and remember my Steam password , so I'm interested to see what kind of spin they put on that.  Trophies look easy as well.  Anyone else the the Platinum or 1000G?

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 147
RE: Portal 2 - 29/3/2012 4:45:35 PM   
Peter Griffin

Just started this & didn't realise Steve Merchant was in it, i don't like Steve Merchant he reminds me of the Barclays adverts, i don't like Barclays...the game itself is ace though

< Message edited by Peter Griffin -- 29/3/2012 4:58:25 PM >

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 148
RE: Portal 2 - 2/5/2012 9:45:36 PM   
the anomaly

QUESTIONS!

Here it goes PS3 fans!

- Does the PS3 copy still come with a steam/pc copy? Or was it pre-orders/limited release?
- If it does still come with a copy ... can you play both at the same time? Could you sell the PS3 copy and keep the steam one.

I ask as I want a steam/pc copy but it's the same price as the PS3 version ... doing the math.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 149
RE: Portal 2 - 6/5/2012 12:02:51 AM   
bub

Look what you can buy.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/29863216/Portal-Turret-LED-Flashlight-With-Sound/Product.html?searchstring=Portal&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Portal 2 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI