Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Crazies (2010) Review

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Crazies (2010) Review Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Crazies (2010) Review - 14/12/2011 9:40:52 PM   
the film man

Tense, nicely shot, and uncommonly intelligent, The Crazies is a horror remake that works.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
was more like a journey film with horror, than a horror... - 25/1/2012 6:49:22 PM   
jackcarlin18

The crazies was an acceptably good film, nothing special just good which is better that most reboots in this generation... the film is at times scary, creepy or shocking more than anything which is put to effective use. The general idea is quiet basic which actually makes it more interesting and adds to the originality, even though its a remake. I did enjoy the film but felt that it was more of a journey film with horror, not a horror with a journey which was an upset for this film... It could have been worse, or a bit better but it was exactly how i expected it, no surprises just plain old craziness! overall, it was worth the watch...

Post #: 62
Really enjoyed The Crazies - 19/2/2012 10:47:08 PM   
MusicLovesYou

Timothy O is a legend, he should be a bigger leading man, although he's doing stellar work on Justified so hopefully it'll start to increase his movie presence soon. As for the film, thought it was brilliantly shot in spite of its generic contrivances. Also managed to be genuinely unsettling and creepy at times. Vastly superior to the similar Carriers, which made the likeable Chris Pine into a total arsehole and was complete dross.

Post #: 63
The Crazies Kicks Arse - 17/4/2012 9:09:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Shocked how good this was, came in with zero preconceptions and it was bloody excellent, loads of tense moments, good leads - I have say it's one of the better horrors I've seen in recent years.

4/5 for me

(in reply to MusicLovesYou)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Crazies (2010) Review Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI