Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? - 26/2/2010 8:28:14 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I think she could be right! - 26/2/2010 8:28:15 AM   
vdjfrancis

yeah do Gravity

< Message edited by vdjfrancis -- 26/2/2010 8:29:15 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 26/2/2010 8:39:25 AM   
badsanta

Wanted was rubbish. I don't blame her.

Post #: 3
- 26/2/2010 9:01:28 AM   
jmebaby25

Great news!

I suspect she's rewatched Wanted...

Post #: 4
RE: - 26/2/2010 9:04:07 AM   
CORLEONE

Wanted was a crack.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 5
- 26/2/2010 9:06:49 AM   
Brobe

I think the important news here is that Alfonso Cuaron (who did amazing things with dystopian sci-fi in Children of Men and added a new style to the Harry Potter series that changed it for the rest,) is doing a space film!

Could it be too much to hope for some sort of female 'Moon'?

Post #: 6
I dunno - 26/2/2010 10:03:54 AM   
granny

Gravity sounds like a bit of a downer.
/gets coat

Post #: 7
Unwanted - 26/2/2010 10:49:59 AM   
andyswright

I always thought Jolie was slumming it in Wanted... such a step-back from playing lead action hero to 'crumpet with gun'. No need.

Post #: 8
Gravity sounds like Helix - 26/2/2010 11:58:27 AM   
jackcarter

that generic space film Hugh Grant goes to see in Notting Hill

Post #: 9
whyyyyyyyy - 26/2/2010 1:54:44 PM   
cheekybex1982

why does everyone love Angelina so much a large proportion of her films have been crap and i refuse to believe that films such as changeling would have been any less fantastic without her. she is an average actress and big studios need to realise that she's not worth the hassle, do wanted 2 better than the first and get an actress who can act.

Post #: 10
- 26/2/2010 3:57:16 PM   
Pintsize

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure everybody would), but didn't her character sort of, you know, die in the first movie. I'm no biologist but generally dead people aren't all that chatty, so her not being in a sequel i can't see being much of an issue.

Post #: 11
I agree with badsanta - 26/2/2010 4:03:51 PM   
MusicLovesYou

Wanted was absolute pap. One of those films where the trailer looks great but when you get round to watching the film it's garbage. In fact, the more I think about it, the more my dislike for the film increases. A giant sowing machine that churns out the names of targets?!?! Freeman, Jolie, McAvoy - you all ought to know better! We could do without a Wanted 2 just like we could do without Shrek 8 or Saw 27 or whatever we're on now.

James - any news on a trailer for The Expendables? Seems like we're long overdue one...

Post #: 12
i never thought she was in the sequel :/ - 26/2/2010 4:39:36 PM   
england_cmr

i was under the impression that, as her brain was blown out in the first one, she wouldnt even be in the sequel, and it was going ahead without her :/

Post #: 13
- 26/2/2010 4:59:21 PM   
TheRealMacgyver

Pretty sure a re-write to take out whatever bollocks they came up with to make someone who was shot in the head and very clearly dead at the end of the first film alive again would just be an improvement. Fix the script and make it without her. Probably save a few million too...

Post #: 14
RE: Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? - 26/2/2010 6:36:43 PM   
The Hooded Man

I don't see how her lack of involvement stops the sequel given the nature of the last film's ending. I enjoyed Wanted for what it was, tongue in cheek nonsense, with a decent actor in the lead role - James McAvoy. Why can't this be made without her though seriously?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 15
RE: Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? - 26/2/2010 9:59:41 PM   
JoeyPottr

SPOILERS **
Fox (Angelina Jolie's character) shoots all of the Fraternity (except Morgan Freeman) including herself curving the bullet so that milky goo they lay in to regenerate would have to really be potent. She's basically dead at the end of it. This doesn't make much sense. Plus I can't see Jolie doing a sci-fi movie either. I enjoyed Wanted but I still cringe every time they wreck that beautiful LAMBOURGINI!

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 16
RE: Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? - 27/2/2010 8:12:13 AM   
DazDaMan

Funny, I don't recall seeing a Lambo in the film....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 17
Who Cares! - 27/2/2010 3:58:08 PM   
dgribble

The movie sucked anyway (like all of Jolies movies), if you ask me making another Wanted movie without her is more likely to make it suck alot less...I mean her death scene was the only good thing in that over rated tripe (and Morgan Freeman cussing)

Post #: 18
nobody wanted a 'wanted 2' anyway - 28/2/2010 2:53:28 AM   
smatticus

i still can't get over how badly they butchered Mark Millar's ultra-violent story about a world where super-villains secretly ruled the globe. A group of assassins who obeyed the will of a magical quilt? who wrote that crap? i mean it had the attitude and violence, all they had to do was stick with the plot and they have cinematic GOLD. instead they put a horrible spin on things and ended up with a terrible story with lame twist after lame twist. Now they want to do a sequel??? jolie's character (who should have stayed a sassy black chick IMO) is DEAD. this may point to a PREQUEL which i would have liked if they didnt ruin things the first go round. Honestly, if you want to see what this could have been, do yourself a favor and read the graphic novel. Matthew Vaughn's take on 'Kick-ass' is exactly how wanted should have turned out.

Post #: 19
RE: nobody wanted a 'wanted 2' anyway - 2/3/2010 8:25:23 AM   
JoeyPottr

Daz now that I think about it, it might have been a Ferrari, it was Italian anyway.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to smatticus)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Has Jolie Put a Bullet In Wanted 2? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI