Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up - 25/2/2010 5:57:48 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hopeful - 25/2/2010 5:57:48 PM   
fraser1978

Trailer looks superb. Lets hope I wont be disapointed. I actually thought Amityville and the first Chainsaw remakes were pretty good.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Looks Decent... - 25/2/2010 7:26:38 PM   
bronco3114

Even though the first 3 Nightmare on Elm Streets in my opinion are brilliant in their own right those who didn't grow up with those or only knew the more farcial later ones will probably enjoy this. Freddy doesn't look quite as subtle and cerbral as he did. Seems more Mike Myers-esq stalkerish. Maybe that was just the trailer.

Post #: 3
Please Please Please let me get what I want. - 25/2/2010 7:27:45 PM   
Cherry Waves

DO NOT mess this one up, liking the look of both trailers so far, always loved Freddy as a kid but the films do not hold up - other than the original - due to a baffling decision to fashion Freddy as a "fun guy" dropping one liners as he kills his victims.

Post #: 4
One, two, this film looks like poo... - 25/2/2010 7:37:21 PM   
The_Hat

three, four, bloody poor...

Post #: 5
- 25/2/2010 7:57:54 PM   
GigoloJoe

The shot of Freddy bulging through the wall in the original is iconic, and still incredibly unsettling (also, it hasn't aged a day, unlike some of the other eighties effects that have caused the first film to date), and what have they replaced it with? A digital... 'blob' that looks like it was cut from The Frighteners. I'm not knocking CGI for the sake of it, as when used properly it looks terrific, that effect quite simply looks inexcusably poor. They should have just bought a sheet of spandex, for goodness sake... There are elements here that show promise (the "Why are you screaming?" line, some nice visuals, and Hayley is a great actor), but... I'm just not confident it'll be good. Of course, it can hardly be worse than some of the sequels. Unless it includes an exploding budgie.

Post #: 6
- 25/2/2010 8:01:47 PM   
GigoloJoe

Haley, not Hayley. Excuse my typo!

Also, does anyone else think he sounds way more like Rorschach (with a bit of a cold) in this trailer?

Post #: 7
Im ashamed to say....... - 25/2/2010 8:29:55 PM   
natman_begins

THIS LOOKS GREAT

Post #: 8
formulaic. - 25/2/2010 9:08:03 PM   
iamevilhomer!

what is wrong with you people, it looks wank. trailer makes it look like every other (gang of teens in peril) type of movie we've had lately (my bloody valentine. final destination etc). trust me this will be crap.

Post #: 9
- 25/2/2010 11:33:04 PM   
badsanta

For the love of God - NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post #: 10
- 26/2/2010 12:44:52 AM   
lona_no_friends

Im excited. That is all

Post #: 11
RE: - 26/2/2010 2:49:35 AM   
The Todge

I'm not hating this at the moment and that's sort of worrying as the track record would suggest this is going to be fucking awful.

That said, they are repeating WAY too many of the original's scenes and the shot of Freddy coming through the wall is utter fucking crud. A couple of hints at the iconic moments would have been better, maybe the "This is god" line instead of "No just me"

All that aside, it looks pretty nice, there's potential here, and Haley looks to be a good Freddy. He can;t replace Englund, but he can be different enough.

We'll see I guess.

THIS..............is God.

(in reply to lona_no_friends)
Post #: 12
So Far... Not Impressed - 26/2/2010 3:32:09 AM   
Rawbeard

The Trailer did nothing for me except make me shake my head in disbelief. It looks like your everyday beautiful teen slasher film. I was hoping for a dark psychological head fuck of a horror twist on the Freddy character but this looks like the original but dumbed down. Time to break out my writing tools and make the film I wanted to see

Post #: 13
Haley - 26/2/2010 4:18:40 AM   
Plainviewturner

The one thing that is helping this film the most is Jackie Earle Haley as Freddie because he is amazing in everything he does. I love that he is in so many movies now.

Post #: 14
We live in the age of the writers block! - 26/2/2010 11:04:18 AM   
cleanbreak films

The trailer looks ok, but really, what's the point? Has all possibilities for iconic villains been used up? Must we rehash great films that don't need rehashing. I'm sure that if someone somewhere actually wrote something and not just traced an old script with kiddies crayons, they could actually create an iconic villain that makes a statement about the times we live in, rake in the money and be original. I mean Wes Craven did it in the eighties, can't someone for the love of God do it now?

Post #: 15
- 26/2/2010 1:13:53 PM   
hughjass

Have to say I preferred the previous trailer where Kruger was being chased by the parents. Hinted at a darker tone than the orignal wherein it may not have been entirely nailed on that he was guilty.

This one just makes it look like a run of the mill slasher flick yet again.

Post #: 16
- 26/2/2010 1:19:39 PM   
hughjass

Have to say I preferred the previous trailer where Kruger was being chased by the parents. Hinted at a darker tone than the orignal wherein it may not have been entirely nailed on that he was guilty.

Post #: 17
- 26/2/2010 1:43:24 PM   
hughjass

Post #: 18
RE: New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up - 26/2/2010 1:44:35 PM   
hughjass

Ok, that's weird - posted three times!

Post #: 19
dudes... - 26/2/2010 5:25:36 PM   
Smokinator

i may be twelve but after neva watching the original, only the trailer and and watching the trailers for this, i would so rather watch this........sorry fans

Post #: 20
well guys - 27/2/2010 12:58:03 AM   
SteadyEddie

i must say i was dreadin this, i was thinkin cant act teens, pure cheese and blood but from lookin at the trailer im hopeful that the took the original nightmare on elm street and made it the way it should have been in te first place , the characters in the trailor alone look honed in for the parts the play and with good ole jackie playing what looks like a more realisticly styled and marred freedy, im seeing, what i thought was going to be tripe into something i cant wait to watch

Post #: 21
RE: New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up - 28/2/2010 10:45:38 AM   
captainrentboy

Looks, ummm, glossy, I'll give it that. JEH sounds pretty good as Freddy too, although the make up doesn't seem quite as effective as the old one and I'm not sure I'd be too scared by someone who looks to be about 4ft tall and has all the bulk of a 12 yr old.
Some of the shots and dream sequences do look to be pretty nifty and the lad from 'The Haunting In Connecticut' has been decent in the stuff I've seen him in. But to take a guess I'd imagine it'll be your bog standard PD remake, worth the one watch and then instantly forgotten.
The early screening verdicts haven't been too positive either.

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Nightmare On Elm Street Trailer Up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI