Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Is Comic-Con On The Move?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Comic-Con On The Move? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Comic-Con On The Move? - 25/2/2010 2:14:53 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 25/2/2010 2:14:53 PM   
HitchHiker

Nooo, don't move it. San Diego is a brilliant city, and the Con is part of it's history at this stage.
If it were to move, Anaheim might be acceptable, but never ever move to Vegas.
I found it odd that the other cities were talking about a bigger venue. The SD convention centre is one of the biggest buildings I've ever laid eyes upon.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Room Fiasco IS WORTH A MOVE TO A BIGGER CITY/VENUE - 25/2/2010 10:14:18 PM   
wolverbunny69

YES PLEASE !!!! MOVE IT!!!! to where there are more available rooms,cuz the way do it is just a sucky assed method. i spent a week playing fone tag with someone who was supposed o help get me a room...i wound up with one but at 3 times my budgeted cost. altho i did have fun and it was a great experience,the whole room fiasco is a big turn off and will keep me from over going again..it was too stressinga nd not worth it...

Post #: 3
5 Reasons to Move Comic-Con to Anaheim - 26/2/2010 1:58:52 AM   
TheWrap

TheWrap's Brent Lang and Dominic Patten have 5 reasons -- some serious, some not so much -- for moving fan-fest Comic-Con out of San Diego and into the larger Anaheim Convention Center.

Check it out here:
http://edit.thewrap.com/article/memo-comic-con-pack-anaheim-14630

Post #: 4
NO TO THE MOVE AND HERE'S WHY - 26/2/2010 2:41:39 AM   
gisele

No way to the move,
Because 1st and foremost you would have every teenage fan in los angeles who would normally go but can't because it's too far or expensive to go descending on the new location.
It would be a logistical nightmare to get everyone in,it takes ages to get 6.5 thousand people in to hall h,well if u have a room that fit 10 or 11 thousand people in,u really think it will be just as organized and as fast getting them in?
It would be hell to go anywhere with more people,I have been doing this 8 years,and ive seen it grow from managable to omg!
Last yr had loads of twilight fans crashing thru,how many more are there in l.a?exactly.
The studios count on exposure from the press and internet,for sure its word of mouth but its really the combined power of modern media showing of their future products and entertainment.
I know warner staff who are doing a great job,but are severly under pressure to get their bags and fliers out to thousands of fans-it's stretching them to the limit.how on earth with thousands of more people are they supposed to maintain that level of free gifts and a fair line to see the stars which for fact they cut of at last 150th person for chuck,v.diaries,smallville cast etc.
Its blatantly a false economy to entertain the idea of going larger,now for @WOLVERBUNNY here some advice,I book way in advance for hotels like 8 months or more,way ahead in time to guarantee a room,don't be suckered by the comic con discount rate,i know it doesnt work as all ur choices are all ready booked up BEFORE the day u call with jammed up phone lines.
As of now go marriott by the convention centre,u have to prepay in full but hey it gets u a room right next door,all ways go with a mate to half the bill.
Also san diego has so much charm and it's great to get away from a hard days geeking out to go to the gaslamp.
If it moves to l.a,tell me how long would it take to get out of l.a rush hour traffic?
Also there is a link giving 5 reasons why it should

Post #: 5
NO TO THE MOVE AND HERE'S WHY - 26/2/2010 2:44:30 AM   
gisele

No way to the move,
Because 1st and foremost you would have every teenage fan in los angeles who would normally go but can't because it's too far or expensive to go descending on the new location.
It would be a logistical nightmare to get everyone in,it takes ages to get 6.5 thousand people in to hall h,well if u have a room that fit 10 or 11 thousand people in,u really think it will be just as organized and as fast getting them in?
It would be hell to go anywhere with more people,I have been doing this 8 years,and ive seen it grow from managable to omg!
Last yr had loads of twilight fans crashing thru,how many more are there in l.a?exactly.
The studios count on exposure from the press and internet,for sure its word of mouth but its really the combined power of modern media showing of their future products and entertainment.
I know warner staff who are doing a great job,but are severly under pressure to get their bags and fliers out to thousands of fans-it's stretching them to the limit.how on earth with thousands of more people are they supposed to maintain that level of free gifts and a fair line to see the stars which for fact they cut of at last 150th person for chuck,v.diaries,smallville cast etc.
Its blatantly a false economy to entertain the idea of going larger,now for @WOLVERBUNNY here some advice,I book way in advance for hotels like 8 months or more,way ahead in time to guarantee a room,don't be suckered by the comic con discount rate,i know it doesnt work as all ur choices are all ready booked up BEFORE the day u call with jammed up phone lines.
As of now go marriott by the convention centre,u have to prepay in full but hey it gets u a room right next door,all ways go with a mate to half the bill.
Also san diego has so much charm and it's great to get away from a hard days geeking out to go to the gaslamp.
If it moves to l.a,tell me how long would it take to get out of l.a rush hour traffic?

Post #: 6
NO TO THE MOVE AND HERE'S WHY - 26/2/2010 2:45:34 AM   
gisele

No way to the move,

Post #: 7
NO TO THE MOVE AND HERE'S WHY - 26/2/2010 2:46:59 AM   
gisele

No way to the move,

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Comic-Con On The Move? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI