Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mission: Impossible 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 3/11/2010 12:51:35 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Photos are up of The Cruiser doing some stunts on the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building!)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71361

Wow. Say about Cruise what you want but he has balls!

I feel sick just looking at these.

Fair play to him for getting stuck in to that level though! If that was me I’d have it written into my contract that they CGI’d my face onto some lowly poor bastard stunt double!

I don’t like the name but it’s just a name. And other than the risible MI:2 this is a franchise that I really like and have time for. Hope this is up there with I and III. Looking forward to it and as much of a knob as Cruise can be, I hope they don't sideline him too much on this. At the end of the day, he fits that character and carried the others really well in my opinion.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 31
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 5/11/2010 7:31:23 AM   
grucl

Well, at least they didn't call it M:IV

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 32
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/11/2010 12:58:06 PM   
grucl

Last time we saw Cruise he was hanging outside the 124th floor of the highest building in the world.

Apparently, that wasn't good enough for him.

Now he wnt all the way to the top of the thing. Not the roof, the antenna on top of the roof!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1331003/Is-Tom-Cruise-performing-death-defying-stunt-worlds-highest-skyscraper.html

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 33
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 20/11/2010 2:12:13 PM   
darth silas

Jeez,the guys got balls all right.So what if hes a bit nuts,hes a great and charismatic actor.

Its alarming thouh that hes gone back to the head and shoulders style hairdo he had in MI:2!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 34
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 12/12/2010 10:19:17 PM   
Jeevan Singh

Not another one!!!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 13/12/2010 2:20:48 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeevan Singh

Not another one!!!!

Why the hell not I say. Granted, the second is one of the most risible things ever committed to film but One and Three are brilliant action films. Plus, Brad Bird is directing it! Count me in!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 13/12/2010 2:24:51 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Jeevan Singh)
Post #: 36
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 13/12/2010 2:24:30 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Last time we saw Cruise he was hanging outside the 124th floor of the highest building in the world.

Apparently, that wasn't good enough for him.

Now he wnt all the way to the top of the thing. Not the roof, the antenna on top of the roof!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1331003/Is-Tom-Cruise-performing-death-defying-stunt-worlds-highest-skyscraper.html

Jesus Christ! Or L. Ron Hubbard if you will! Has that actually been confirmed as having been him. He is one crazy bastard but you simply cannot knock his dedication!

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 37
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 14/12/2010 4:02:34 PM   
pete_traynor

Couple of shots:

http://www.slashfilm.com/simon-pegg-paula-patton-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol/

Post #: 38
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 16/12/2010 11:18:32 PM   
MI Cruise

Love Mission Impossible, dont really mind the second or third either. Isn't Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor who appeared as the host of WWTBAM in Slumdog Millionaire going to be in this instalment?

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

Post #: 39
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 18/12/2010 9:34:55 PM   
Kazuya

As I've said earlier in the thread I'm pretty stoked for this one, and with the new additions to the cast my excitement has not diminished to say the least. Love DePalma's Mission : Impossible, a slick, cracking piece of entertainment, Woo's sequel is not as good, and almost drowns in sappy romance, but it does offer polished, stylish
action. The third is a tough spy thriller, well directed by Abrams, his heavy involvement in this installment does not discourage either. I really can't see this failing. 

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 40
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/12/2010 8:12:18 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah all great points but I don't like how the groundwork laid down in MI3 is missing. For example Rhames, Maggie q etc ( solid little team) and the wife angle. All out the window. That's a shame.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 41
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 23/12/2010 8:43:55 PM   
no1psh

Is Ving Rhames in this?

"I drink you're milkshake!"
"I drink it up"

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 42
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 4/1/2011 8:10:45 PM   
Travis1Bickle

im a massive cruise fan. the second was shit the best acting was his hair. the third was very good. and after night and day i think he should stop trying to be a hero all the time anyway bourne has changed that genre for ever

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 43
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 5/1/2011 11:17:33 AM   
The Hooded Man

it's a bit shitty the way Hollywood seems to be lining up to give him a kick, even down to the this is his last instalment before he hands it over to Jeremy Renner, a much more bankable actor, didn't The Hurt Locker do next to nothing at box office?
So Cruise has weird religious beliefs, but what religion isn't weird to those who aren't part of it?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Travis1Bickle)
Post #: 44
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 6/1/2011 4:15:50 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

it's a bit shitty the way Hollywood seems to be lining up to give him a kick, even down to the this is his last instalment before he hands it over to Jeremy Renner, a much more bankable actor, didn't The Hurt Locker do next to nothing at box office?
So Cruise has weird religious beliefs, but what religion isn't weird to those who aren't part of it?

Just points! Actors are surely pretty much all complete oddballs and freaks no? Like Alexander Knox said in Batman, “The rich, you know the reason they’re so odd… because they can afford to be!” The only real difference with Cruise is that he just doesn’t issue subtlety or restraint of any kind . I’m no Cruise fanatic but the guys earned his stripes. So he’s a little odd, that didn’t stop more recent works like Minority Report, Collateral and MI:III being quality films in my eyes. Think MI:4 could be up there with those films for me.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 6/1/2011 4:17:17 PM >

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 45
Tom Cruise - 6/6/2011 1:41:06 PM   
lloydphotos

Yes, I've heard that Tom Cruise is being edged out of all future M.I.s but why ? He's a brilliant actor who has made some amazing films over the years. He has had me laugh and cry. Yes, he's into Scientology but so what. He's a master on the red carpet, getting up close and personal with the fans. Mission Impossible 3 was the best of the bunch. It was perfection and nail-biting. I could watch it a thousand times. Keep making the films Tom. You are brilliant
Richard

Post #: 46
RE: Tom Cruise - 27/6/2011 11:24:39 AM   
film man aidy

Brand new MI4 trailer on Aint it cool. In French! See it before it gets pulled!

(in reply to lloydphotos)
Post #: 47
RE: Tom Cruise - 27/6/2011 4:05:52 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

trailer is action packed and looks fairly exciting, Brad Bird's involvement is not giving me any hope though

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 48
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 27/6/2011 5:13:04 PM   
Timon

I don't get it. You think it looks great, but you have no faith in the director who has created that sense of excitement?

Plus the fact that it is Brad Bird or The Incredibles and Iron Giant awesomeness.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 49
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 27/6/2011 6:19:27 PM   
bobatim

Really enjoyed that trailer. It looks closer in tone to the first film, with some decent spying and espionage going on but with the action style of the third one, a good mix in my book. Can't wait for this film!

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 50
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 29/6/2011 8:34:30 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Just noticed on the trailer that Christopher McQuarrie has a writing credit, which has made me a little more optimistic that the script will be up to scratch.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 51
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 30/6/2011 12:37:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

I don't get it. You think it looks great, but you have no faith in the director who has created that sense of excitement?

Plus the fact that it is Brad Bird or The Incredibles and Iron Giant awesomeness.

Surely you're aware how easy it is to make a trailer look exciting and action packed. If you've got about 3 action scenes, you can edit a trailer from it so it looks the whole movie is an action packed ride. Mission Impossible 3 did this, and the end result was very, very dull. With VERY sporadic action.

I have not seen anything Brad Bird has done to convince me he is a good action director. I don't watch cartoons. Also i don't think skills in animation automatically translate to live action. If that were the case, everyone who's drawn a cartoon should be directing live action movies.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 52
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 30/6/2011 6:10:06 PM   
Drone

I loathed MI 2 & 3, but admittedly the new trailer is seriously good, and exactly how a trailer should be done to build anticipation... once you get past the horribly overfast editing and fade to blacks' at the beginning.  I could barely catch a single thing at the start... Im sure itw as intentional, but I've never watched a trailer which proved so difficult to keep up with.

I will go see it, despite the fact I hated it's two prequels; that's how good the trailer is.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 53
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 30/6/2011 6:13:13 PM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Just points! Actors are surely pretty much all complete oddballs and freaks no? Like Alexander Knox said in Batman, “The rich, you know the reason they’re so odd… because they can afford to be!” The only real difference with Cruise is that he just doesn’t issue subtlety or restraint of any kind . I’m no Cruise fanatic but the guys earned his stripes. So he’s a little odd, that didn’t stop more recent works like Minority Report, Collateral and MI:III being quality films in my eyes. Think MI:4 could be up there with those films for me.

It's bizarre how Hollywood is okay with working with Roman Polanski, who raped and drugged an underage girl, but Tom Cruise is odd, but to my knowledge has never hurt anyone, so therefore he deserves contempt.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 54
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 1/7/2011 9:57:25 AM   
Wild about Wilder

What can you say but that trailer looked FREAKIN AWSOME!
1 question though don't know if it was me but don't think I saw Ving Rhames in it?

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 55
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 5/7/2011 7:15:58 PM   
kirk

i dont think Ving stars in it....shame...
maybe he's killed or mentioned that hes dead near the start.
Watched MI:III the other day on film 4
forgot how much fun it is...
Love Hoffman in it as a great villian....and thats what this one needs....a bad ass bad guy

I think it should be great....with the iron man/ simpsons/ and the incredibles behind him...Brad Bird should give it a good bit of welly....
Fingers crossed all the way.....

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 56
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 6/7/2011 9:57:51 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Glad 2C Peggy's got a more involved role .

(in reply to kirk)
Post #: 57
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 6/7/2011 7:56:55 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Surely you're aware how easy it is to make a trailer look exciting and action packed. If you've got about 3 action scenes, you can edit a trailer from it so it looks the whole movie is an action packed ride. Mission Impossible 3 did this, and the end result was very, very dull. With VERY sporadic action.

I have not seen anything Brad Bird has done to convince me he is a good action director. I don't watch cartoons. Also i don't think skills in animation automatically translate to live action. If that were the case, everyone who's drawn a cartoon should be directing live action movies.

I find it hard to beleive tha you of all people posted that DK.MI:3 was non stop action from start to finish! Maybe all that pesky good acting and well written plot got in the way?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 58
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 7/7/2011 10:59:31 AM   
pete_traynor

MI:3 is one of the best action films of recent years for me.

Berlin siege
Helicopter chase
Vatican break in
THE BRIDGE!!!
Skyscraper jump

All fantastically executed set pieces! With the bridge assault being really rather exceptional! That scene does a complete number on the pulse every time I watch it. Drones, missiles, flipping cars and badass black ops Germans!!!  What's not to love.

New one looks pretty damn terrific from that trailer too! Poor choice of music though. Hopefully something more cinematic for the theatrical… although they've already shown quite a bit in the 'teaser'.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 7/7/2011 11:03:14 AM >

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 59
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 7/7/2011 11:06:02 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

I find it hard to beleive tha you of all people posted that DK.MI:3 was non stop action from start to finish! Maybe all that pesky good acting and well written plot got in the way?

But it so completely wasn't! No film is non stop action all the way through, ESPECIALLY MI:3!!!!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI