Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Mission: Impossible 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Mission: Impossible 4 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mission: Impossible 4 - 17/2/2010 5:13:19 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/2/2010 10:21:07 AM   
jobloffski

Don't know if it ever happened in the series, but would like it if a mission actually did turn out to be impossible, was a set up by infiltrators into IMF who allow the plan to proceed almost to the point where the end is in sight, then do the equivalent of opening the trapdoors to let out the dogs of war after Ethan's team, and their mission, which they cannot choose but accept, becomes merely to get out of the situation alive...
Post #: 2
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/2/2010 10:23:08 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Really not necessary! Much as I dig the MISSION films, the Cruiser needs to re-team with Michael Mann and/or Ridley Scott and do something memorable (what the f**k is Knight & Day?!)

Knight and Day is the Cruiser going back to his action roots as a spy seemingly gunning everyone down. Seeing as James Mangold's directing, I'm surprised you're so dismissive.

And seeing as Ridley and Cruise's last film was Legend, are you sure you're not thinking of Tony Scott (Top Gun? Days of Thunder)?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 3
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/2/2010 10:30:36 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Really not necessary! Much as I dig the MISSION films, the Cruiser needs to re-team with Michael Mann and/or Ridley Scott and do something memorable (what the f**k is Knight & Day?!)

Knight and Day is the Cruiser going back to his action roots as a spy seemingly gunning everyone down. Seeing as James Mangold's directing, I'm surprised you're so dismissive.

And seeing as Ridley and Cruise's last film was Legend, are you sure you're not thinking of Tony Scott (Top Gun? Days of Thunder)?

I dunno Ti - that new Mangold film just doesn't excite me. plus the fact that I can't stand that Diaz person in any capacity. I am thinking of Ridley (I love LEGEND), the reason I mention him is 'cos Cruise needs to hook up with a true master and work on a project that has potential and not just something that looks lie a True Lies / Mr. & Mrs. Smith clone. I know that LEGEND is a film that he seems to disregard which is a shame as it's a real classic.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 17/3/2010 9:45:56 PM   
TheSpleen

Really didn't expect a fourth film.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 5
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/3/2010 12:34:01 PM   
spark1

less gunplay this time, ok?

try to honour the tone of the late peter graves tv series.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 19/3/2010 12:57:40 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 19/3/2010 12:45:12 PM   
The Hooded Man

Knight and Day sounds like a fun throwback to 80s romps like Bird On A Wire, count me in.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 7
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 20/3/2010 10:43:21 PM   
max314

Knight and Day looks to be good fun - I can't wait

As for the Mission: Impossible franchise, it hasn't topped DePalma's original outing that not only plays host to the only mission that is ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE, but it's also a massively intricate and energetic plot with genuinely memorable characters embedded within a great neo-noir aesthetic.

I hope Knight and Day can be Cruise's airy-fairy pisstake on his Mission exploits, while the actual Mission: Impossible 4 delivers the goods of a genuinely effective spy thriller in a similar capacity to DePalma's original.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to re-watch the Knight and Day trailer for the 47th time...

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 8
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 25/3/2010 10:48:49 AM   
pete_traynor

Now thatís a great choice that I never saw coming. Amazing set pieces, great character work and brilliantly suitable light hearted moments. Bird can do them all with ease:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/24/incredibles-helmer-brad-bird-in-talks-to-direct-mission-impossible-4/

But where does this leave 1906?

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 9
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 25/3/2010 4:02:21 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

Bird is a very interesting choice. For all the talk of his family film background online, it's worth mentioning that one of his early ambitions was to directed an animated version of The Spirit, so he could definitely produce something harder than his back catalogue would initally suggest. And having a hit movie under his belt would make greenlighting 1906 a lot easier.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 10
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 25/3/2010 4:41:28 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Bird is a very interesting choice. For all the talk of his family film background online, it's worth mentioning that one of his early ambitions was to directed an animated version of The Spirit, so he could definitely produce something harder than his back catalogue would initally suggest. And having a hit movie under his belt would make greenlighting 1906 a lot easier.

I agree. I think he would have no trouble whatsoever in striking a tone that was appropriate to the subject matter. In fact, I think he would excel at it! The incredibles is still my favourite Pixar film (believe me thatís saying something) and that doesnít shy away from the dark moments when the story calls for it. He was after all the first Pixar director to have guns in his film and he threw a pretty nasty little torture scene in there for good measure too! And his eye for action is just fantastic in that film. He gets my vote. Think heíll do a better job with this than Wright would. I love the guy but heís not right for this and nothing in his back catalogue makes me think otherwise. But whoever takes it has their work cut out upping that bridge attack set piece that Abrams put together!

And yeah. Anything that potentially gives a director like Brad Bird more artistic freedom on future projects can only be a good thing!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 11
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 10/5/2010 3:07:20 PM   
pete_traynor

Confirmed!
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/07/brad-bird-confirmed-for-mission-impossible-4/

Post #: 12
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 10/5/2010 3:46:55 PM   
Timon

Very excited by this, Bird directing and Abrams producing should equate to a fantastic movie. If Bird can do anything, it's combining heart and action, so I can't wait to see what he does with M.I.4, and I personally felt Abrams knocked it out of the part with the third film. A nice dry run, before he gave the world Star Trek.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 13
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 15/7/2010 12:20:06 PM   
The Hooded Man

It's been confirmed that despite Knight and Day's poor box office that MI4 is still going ahead. Excellent news.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 15/7/2010 12:52:35 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

It's been confirmed that despite Knight and Day's poor box office that MI4 is still going ahead. Excellent news.

It's going ahead but maybe not as you or I may want it. Due to the K&D box office they may do a major reworking of the script looking to put Cruise (Hunt) in the backseat with the focus being on a younger IMF agent that he has trained. Don't like the sound of it myself. Release Brad Bird from this so he can make Superman.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/13/mission-impossible-4-to-be-reworked/ 

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 15/7/2010 12:54:03 PM >

Post #: 15
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 25/9/2010 9:59:35 AM   
Timon

Michael Nyqvist who plays Blomvist in Swedish Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is set to be in the villian in the new Mission: Impossible films.Awesome.

Post #: 16
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 30/9/2010 11:51:08 AM   
Kazuya

I like the director, I like the star, I like the franchise. Count me in.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 17
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 3/10/2010 11:34:49 AM   
Timon

The IMF force is looking good for this year - Crusier, Renner, Rhames, Pegg and Josh 'Sawyer' Holloway! If only Maggie Q was returning...

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 18
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 4/10/2010 12:49:12 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

The IMF force is looking good for this year - Crusier, Renner, Rhames, Pegg and Josh 'Sawyer' Holloway! If only Maggie Q was returning...

No Jonathan Rhys Meyers either?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 19
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 4/10/2010 2:18:37 PM   
The Hooded Man

Yeah Pete, it does sound like a pile of shit. The only reason Cruise appears to be involved is because his production company owns the rights, but if he's taking a back seat in terms of action onscreen then I don't really want to see this. I've heard rumours he might be bumped off early on too but hopefully that's just nonsense. Brad Bird would indeed be a superb choice for Superman.

Post #: 20
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 17/10/2010 10:20:55 AM   
Timon

I doubt Cruise will be bumped off early, I reckon he'll still be the lead but the franchise will try to bring Renner and Holloway to the fore. Maybe the film will end with Hunt dying in a truly impossible mission.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70826

Post #: 21
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 17/10/2010 11:34:09 AM   
Castor Troy

I'm a big fan of the MI franchise - especially #3 which I thought was one of the best if not the best action film of the last 10 years. And with Sawyer in this - I really can't wait.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 22
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 17/10/2010 5:22:14 PM   
Rembo92

Its got the makings of a decent action flick

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 23
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 18/10/2010 8:42:15 PM   
Timon

Aintitcool is saying the film could be called Mission: Impossibe: Project Aries or Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol.... which is silly. Too many colons.

Just called it M.I.IV.

(in reply to Rembo92)
Post #: 24
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 28/10/2010 4:49:22 PM   
paulferrer

It was annouced this afternoon at it will now be called Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 25
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 28/10/2010 4:56:52 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulferrer

It was annouced this afternoon at it will now be called Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Sounds like a video game... and not a very good video game at that! What's wrong with, oh I don't know, Mission Impossible 4?

(in reply to paulferrer)
Post #: 26
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 28/10/2010 5:16:53 PM   
simonmckergan1

quote:

Not good.  Just plain old IV would have been fine.  It's not like the others had silly titles.  Like for say Mission Impossible 2: Curse of the slow-mo doves or such shit.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to paulferrer)
Post #: 27
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 30/10/2010 10:01:25 PM   
mgreene

quote:

I love this. It's one of the worst titles I've ever heard. They must be doing it to lower expectations, ala 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

(in reply to paulferrer)
Post #: 28
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 3/11/2010 11:36:12 AM   
Timon

Photos are up of The Cruiser doing some stunts on the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building!)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71361

(in reply to mgreene)
Post #: 29
RE: Mission: Impossible 4 - 3/11/2010 12:42:54 PM   
grucl

quote:

Photos are up of The Cruiser doing some stunts on the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building!)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71361

Wow. Say about Cruise what you want but he has balls!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Mission: Impossible 4 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI