Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the best Empire Nights EVER

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the best Empire Nights EVER Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the best ... - 9/2/2010 11:31:34 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

People knew of it's existence but it's now been announced, Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Better news is it's out in Autumn, better still is there will be an online beta for 360 in the summer for anyone who bought Splinter Cell Conviction.

Videos and pictures are expected at X10 on Thursday.

The others were massive hits with Empire folk, can we expect a big Empire session on the beta come it's release? Hooch, Giz, Spek you're all signed up, Giz is already on poster duty 4 or 5 months before the night.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club
Post #: 1
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 12:17:13 PM   
borstal

I may be in on this Sexy P.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 2
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 3:02:11 PM   
Gizmo 76

This will change the face of LIVE as we know it!! Well maybe not, but out of all the Empire LIVE games, for me, the GRAW nights were by far the most consistently enjoyable, and became a weekly event for months .....

Really looking forward to seeing what is revealed on thursday. The other Ghost Recon games were great, you could play them fast paced and run and gun, or you could be laying in the grass on the other side of Rocky Cove (spek)... but it worked so well on LIVE, as you teamed up against each other....

So bring on Thursday for some more news

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 3
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 3:15:26 PM   
James2183

If it's as boring as GRAW 2 then count me out.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 4
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 6:02:27 PM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Did you play GRAW 2 online?

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 5
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 8:06:27 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

You are of course entitled to your own opinion an opinion but as Giz said above it's the multiplayer where these games shine, and I assume you only played the single player. Multiplayer is a whole different kettle of fish, it doesn't play or control like the single player, far better than MW2 online which I myself still enjoy. I advise you get the beta and give online a go while it's free.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 6
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 8:12:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

You are of course entitled to your own opinion an opinion but as Giz said above it's the multiplayer where these games shine, and I assume you only played the single player. Multiplayer is a whole different kettle of fish, it doesn't play or control like the single player, far better than MW2 online which I myself still enjoy. I advise you get the beta and give online a go while it's free.

I found that it played, controlled and looked worse in multiplayer than it did solo.

I enjoyed the 2nd far more than the first (which I believe is only held in such high regard because it was one of the first proper online war shooters on the 360) yet I still think it's vastly overated on this forum.

May just be that 3rd person shooters aren't for me. Then again Gears Of War and Mass Effect would kinda prove otherwise. It seems that GRAW just ain't my bag then. Give me R6 over it any day of the week.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 7
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 8:31:12 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

I found that it played, controlled and looked worse in multiplayer than it did solo.

I enjoyed the 2nd far more than the first (which I believe is only held in such high regard because it was one of the first proper online war shooters on the 360) yet I still think it's vastly overated on this forum.

May just be that 3rd person shooters aren't for me. Then again Gears Of War and Mass Effect would kinda prove otherwise. It seems that GRAW just ain't my bag then. Give me R6 over it any day of the week.

That's fair enough, at least you tried both modes. I just felt in single player you did a lot of running and order giving without actuallt shooting though you did shoot too, and it was more of a third person shooter mixed with an RTS whereas online is was all about shooting, be that a steady handed sniper or sneaking through streets and taking people out in a gun fight, obviously it got more frantic in smaller maps with more people.

I should probably say that I enjoyed both online and single player. But we all knew that

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 8
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 8:37:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the Empire nights on GRAW 2 (missed the boat pretty much with the first) but the same could be said about Rainbow 6, Gears of War, Forza 2 etc. T'was more the company than the game if you know what I mean. Empire nights around 2007/08 were a fucking joy to be part of. I'm sure we could have had fun playing Shellshock 2 to be honest.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 9
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 9/2/2010 9:18:17 PM   
HIM

I love the GRAW games so I'm muchly looking forward to this. Is it cross platform?

Post #: 10
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 11/2/2010 5:20:44 AM   
Pratt82

If all are welcome I would like to get in on this gaming sesh as I loved the GRAW Games and yes they are awesome online. I unfortunately didn't have the Empire Crew to join me so I had to put up with randoms who never worked together and got shot to shit! (Whilst I stood by and laughed )

Definately a game I will be buying once released. Is it defo for this year???

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 11
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 11/2/2010 1:12:19 PM   
Hooch0959

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This game will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 12
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 11/2/2010 2:46:50 PM   
borstal

You mean you have weedy girl-arms?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 13
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 11/2/2010 6:04:04 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Awesome, count me in!!! GRAW nights were the best Empire Nights and I can't wait for the return!

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 11/2/2010 6:20:37 PM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 14
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 25/2/2010 7:07:09 PM   
Pratt82

Release Date is looking like Oct 2010...........hope there not playing with us, really hoping it's this year, just in time for when I get bored of 'Bad Company 2'.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 15
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 22/3/2010 9:04:33 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfmP0etpqmw

I'm drooling here.....

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 16
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 23/3/2010 1:17:31 AM   
Pratt82

Cloaked Soldiers......I hope there not playing with us here! That would be so cool......unless it was an enemy who crept up behind you and killed you whilst invisible! Then that would just be soooo annoying!

I think I had alittle wee I got that excited!

Post #: 17
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 23/3/2010 12:05:35 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I agree, as much as I cream over the Rainbow games I just found both GRAW games just a bit boring, even with my pals online who took it very seriously. They felt slow and to be honest, a little shallow but I'll approach the third one with an open mind. Those camo hoods alone look fkn sweet.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 18
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 26/3/2010 1:13:45 AM   
Pratt82

Great review on this in 'Xbox World 360 Magazine' (May Addition) if anybody is interested.

Thermoptic Camouflage is a defo and Drones play a big part in the game. Futuristic variants of Bradley Tanks and Apache Choppers are mentioned aswell as some awesome looking mech sentry gun. (Hey Spek, some sort of ChromeHound to wank over)

Sorry Spek, I had to comment.....I found your thread on Chromehounds (sorry for the swearing) from ages ago and reading through it I nearly pissed myself with laughter, you know, that sort of uncontrollable laughter which results in shortness of breathe and the urge to pee! It seems you and Nath had a right debate over this. Anyway, have a wank.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 26/3/2010 1:48:38 AM >

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 19
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 26/3/2010 12:40:14 PM   
borstal

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14290333/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-x/videos/ghostrecon_trl_announcementtrailer_32310.html

I'd like a portion of this with salt and vinegar please.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 20
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 26/3/2010 6:06:18 PM   
Pratt82

Oh my god Mr B.

Did you see those tiny shoulder mounted missile launchers??? Big bang for such a small package! No rude comments people!

I'm just hoping this lives up to the hype......99% sure it will but it's happened so many times before with games so theres always some doubt. But what I've seen and what I've read it's a 'Must Buy' for me and looking forward to some Empire Gaming Sesh's!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 21
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 26/3/2010 6:55:51 PM   
HIM

I hope they keep the squad and cover based tacticalness of it and not try and emulate CoD and Battlefield and make it gung-ho and all guns blazing.

Speaking of Tom Clancey, is there any news on the next Rainbow Six? I loved both Vegas games.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 22
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 19/5/2010 10:30:31 AM   
HIM

Future Soldier delayed until early 2011:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-ghost-recon-game-delayed

I fucking hate CoD even more now. I really cannot wait for the franchise to die a death.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 23
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 19/5/2010 11:24:34 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I hate CoD too, especially Treyarch titles as they're all terrible, and now they're delaying the games I want to play.

Well hopefully they announce the beta date soon, at least that will be able to tide my Ghost Recon fix over a little.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 24
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 30/5/2010 10:13:13 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Meh, that sucks!

Post #: 25
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 30/5/2010 11:04:28 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

From...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle
I'm drooling here.....

To...

quote:

Meh, that sucks!

What happened? Did the new 'Call of Milk a Franchise to Death' suddenly peak your interest more?

Post #: 26
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 30/5/2010 8:07:46 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

From...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle
I'm drooling here.....

To...

quote:

Meh, that sucks!

What happened? Did the new 'Call of Milk a Franchise to Death' suddenly peak your interest more?

I think you misunderstood me, the fact that Future Soldier has been delayed sucks, especially since it seems to all be down to Black Ops which I aren't that interested in. I'm still drooling, looks like I'll be drooling a little longer

Post #: 27
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 31/5/2010 7:57:03 AM   
Pratt82

In my opinion Ghost Recon has nothing to be afraid of. I really think that if they brought it out around Christmas like they said they were gonna do it would give COD a run for it's money.

I'm defo after something new this year, probably not the only person. COD will just be another COD, yeah probably better than the last, new missions, weapons etc but Ghost Recon brings something completely different to the table.

I loved Advanced Warfighter and Advanced Warfighter 2, some of the first games I bought and played on my Xbox.
As I've said in a previous post, I was really looking forward to this and now I, like the rest of you will be drooling that little bit longer. I suppose the only good thing to come out of all this is that they will have that little more time just to give it a polish before release.

Ghost Recon...............hurry up please!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 31/5/2010 8:02:41 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 16/6/2010 9:39:37 PM   
target

Just watched this video from E3 of the demo, so far it looks pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPqRcAw7Hg

It's quite funny too. "that guy had a family"

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 29
RE: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the b... - 16/6/2010 9:50:14 PM   
HIM

That looks fucking AMAZING!!!!!!!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Ghost Recon: Future Soldier AKA The return of the best Empire Nights EVER Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI