Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 3:19:49 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

To be fair, I'm thinking more of dads who just stand on the sidelines and shout that kind of guff.

Oh god yes I'd agree. I hear it all the time watching United, apparently we don't want any of this tippy tappy rubblish knock it in behind the full back.

Just seen probably wrong thread again.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1681
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 4:44:16 PM   
Ultimo Lee

Stolen from another board

Player Of The Tournament? -
Goal Of The Tournament? -
Match Of The Tournament? -
Moment Of The Tournament? -
Best Coach? -
Team Of The Tournament? -
Worst Match Of The Tournament? -
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team)? -
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man)? -

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mine

Player Of The Tournament? - Andrea Pirlo

I don't think there's been a player who's dominated the tournament and been above the rest, so Pirlo wins for performance of the tournament against England and also good against Germany.

Goal Of The Tournament? - Ibrahimovic vs France
Match Of The Tournament? - Italy vs Germany
Moment Of The Tournament? - Shevchenko night
Best Coach? - Cesare Prandelli
Team Of The Tournament? -

Buffon (Ita)

Debuchy (Fra) Hummels (Ger) Bonucci (Ita) Alba (Spn)

Pirlo (Ita)

Khedira (Ger) Moutinho (Por)

Marchisio (Ita) Özil (Ger) Iniesta (Spn)

No forwards for me, shocking tournament for strikers. Also not great for right backs.

Worst Match Of The Tournament? - Spain vs France
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team)? - Holland
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man)? - Robin Van Persie

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 1682
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 7:15:47 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Player Of The Tournament? - Iniesta.
Goal Of The Tournament? - I loved Ballotelli's against Germany and for he sheer needless power I also loved Marco Reus against Greece.But for me it Bllazakowski for Poland against Russia.
Match Of The Tournament? - Germany v Italy
Moment Of The Tournament? - Irish fans v Spain (I'm probably biased)
Best Coach? - Cesere Prandelli. For taking what is an average side to the final whilst also juggling between 4-1-3-2 and 3-5-2
Team Of The Tournament? - I wanted it to be Germany but I suppose it has to be Spain
Worst Match Of The Tournament? - Spain v France
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team)? - France. After the laughable comments from Nasri about making amends for 2010 and being generally rubbish
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man)? - Karim Benzema.
Team of the Tournament? -

Buffon

Alba
Hummels
Ramos
Contrauo

Pirlo
Mouthinho
Alonso

Iniesta
Ronaldo
Fabregas

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 1683
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 8:21:20 PM   
boaby

Player Of The Tournament? - Pirlo
Goal Of The Tournament? - The Polish lad vs Russia
Match Of The Tournament? - Italy vs Germany
Moment Of The Tournament? - Shevchenko
Best Coach? - Prandelli
Team Of The Tournament? - 4-3-3. Casillas, Lahm, Ramos, Pique, Alba, Pirlo, Xavi, di Rossi, Iniesta, Traffic Cone, Ronaldo
Worst Match Of The Tournament? - England vs France
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team)? - Netherlands
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man)? - Robben

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1684
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 9:11:19 PM   
Rinc

Player Of The Tournament - Iniesta just shades it for Pirlo's poor final
Goal Of The Tournament - Balotelli v Germany - fantastic through ball, great first touch and absolute violence in the shot
Match Of The Tournament - Italy v Germany
Moment Of The Tournament - Pirlo's Panenka is just overshadowed by his tears after the final. Heartbreaking.
Best Coach - Prandelli
Team Of The Tournament - Casillas; Debuchy (forgot him the first time), Ramos, Pepe, Alba; Pirlo, Alonso, Mountinho; Ozil, Ronaldo, Iniesta
Worst Match Of The Tournament - Spain v France
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team) - Holland
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man) - Van Persie
Moan of the tournament - those fucking annoying countdowns. This isn't a gameshow

On the subject of Ronaldo, I don't actually think he was all that this tournament. He was the most dangerous thing Portugal had, he was involved in so many dangerous attacks and got into some fantastic positions. But he wasted so many chances and was a bit too selfish some of the time. But he still makes my team because there was no one else who truly convinced running through the middle.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 2/7/2012 9:12:04 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 1685
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 2/7/2012 9:23:59 PM   
Scott_

Player Of The Tournament - Iniesta
Goal Of The Tournament - Zlatan vs France
Match Of The Tournament - England vs Sweden. T'was mental, 2 sides doing everything they could to lose the game. Germany vs Italy is the sensible answer
Moment Of The Tournament - Pirlos Panenka
Best Coach - Cesare Prandelli
Team Of The Tournament - Casillas; Gebre Selassie, Ramos, Agger, Alba; Pirlo, De Rossi, Modric; Silva, Zlatan, Iniesta.
Worst Match Of The Tournament - France vs England
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team) - Holland
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man) - Robben. When he's off it he really is shit. Run, cut inside, blast over. Rinse and repeat.

Thought I'd throw some different players into my team. I like saying Gebre Selassie so he's in, Agger was immense I thought especially against Holland. Modric is just ace and Zlatan had 3 good games capped with that goal against France.

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 2/7/2012 9:27:07 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1686
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 3/7/2012 12:37:11 AM   
Olaf

Gebre-Selassie is a great call actually, the Czechs' best player in the absence of Rosicky. You could tell he was told specifically to stick to Ronaldo in the Portugal match (or at least limit forward movement to counteract his presence), his forward runs were one of their main attacking outlets up to then and they were lacking without it in that game.

Other underrated players/players I couldn't fit into my team of the tournament:
Jakub Blaszczykowski - probably the best player to not qualify from the group stages (after Zlatan obvs)
Billy Kvist - imperious against Holland and worked hard against Portugal, partnership with Zimling bordering on telepathic (the breaking up of which pretty much nailed them towards the end of the group)
Joleon Lescott - the one thing England did well was defend, and he was their best defender along with Glen Johnson. Also - a much better option than Rio Ferdinand
Andriy Yarmolenko - overshadowed by Sheva but looked handy in Ukraine's first and third games
Petr Jiracek - because he looks like a bear crossed with Robin Williams. also, played well in the group stages and took his goals well
Darijo Srna - because I manlove him and his sexy crossing ability

< Message edited by Olaf -- 3/7/2012 12:38:26 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1687
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 3/7/2012 12:56:44 AM   
Harry Lime

Can't be arsed doing full teams, but here are the players who caught my eye for the right and wrong reasons...

Tops:- Ramos, Alba, Iniesta, Fabregas (Spain), Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio (Italy), Pepe, Coentrão, Mouthino, Ronaldo (Portugal), Hummels, Ozil (Germany), Dzagoev (Russia)

Flops:- Given, Dunne, Ward (Ireland), Baros (Czech Republic), Milner, Young, Rooney (England), Nasri, Ribery, Benzema (France), Heitinga, Van Bommel, Robben, Van Persie (Holland)

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1688
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 3/7/2012 12:47:48 PM   
Nezzley

Player Of The Tournament? - Pirlo, still graceful and commanding at 33
Goal Of The Tournament? - Zlatan v France
Match Of The Tournament? - Germany 1 Italy 2
Moment Of The Tournament? - Xavi back to his brilliant best for the final
Best Coach? - Prandelli
Team Of The Tournament? - Buffon Alba Hummels Pepe Coentrao Pirlo Alonso Moutinho Iniesta Ronaldo Balotelli
Worst Match Of The Tournament? - France 1 England 1
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Team)? - Holland of course
Biggest Flop Of The Tournament (Man)? - Ashley Young, great form coming in but failed to show his quality

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 1689
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 3/7/2012 1:54:37 PM   
Chief

Watching the BBC 1 coverage, did anyone else think that Jurgen Klinsmann sounded like Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China?

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1690
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 7/7/2012 9:54:44 AM   
Rinc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-2dVgo0eY

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1691
RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine - 7/7/2012 9:47:04 PM   
MOTH

watched the game on holiday in portgual and was sadly disappointed by the lack of hysterical Portuguese commentary (no Gooooooooools!). Only found out today that Torres ended up top scorer - somewhat ironic since he plays for the team without a forward!

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1692
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: EURO 2012 - Poland and Ukraine Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI