Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

This list is bullshit!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> This list is bullshit!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This list is bullshit!!! - 22/7/2011 1:37:37 PM   
ckpstar333

Transformers 2 ,Scary movie and Freddy got fingered do NOT deserve to be in the worst films of all time id go as far to say that van helsing and spiderman 3 shouldnt be in there aswell where is sex and the city and other gay shit like that !!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
- 1/8/2011 3:01:45 AM   
aoc777

There were several movies missing off the list, which I would have expected instead of some others (which have their following and some redeeming moments). For example 'Birdemic' - this movie makes 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' look accomplished. You need a truely great understanding of movies to get a movie so totally and utterly wrong. A masterpiece of failure.
Also - where are 'Ishtar' and 'Manos: The Hands of Fate'?

On other notes: 'Highlander 2' redeeming features:
1. Sean Connery: 'So much for horse and cart'
2. The airline entertainment movie ...
This makes about 6 minutes and 58 seconds of 'Highlander 2' watchable.

Post #: 62
- 1/8/2011 3:06:27 AM   
aoc777

There were several movies missing off the list, which I would have expected instead of some others (which have their following and some redeeming moments). For example 'Birdemic' - this movie makes 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' look accomplished. You need a truely great understanding of movies to get a movie so totally and utterly wrong. A masterpiece of failure.
Also - where are 'Ishtar' and 'Manos: The Hands of Fate'?

On other notes: 'Highlander 2' redeeming features:
1. Sean Connery: 'So much for horse and cart'
2. The airline entertainment movie ...
This makes about 6 minutes and 58 seconds of 'Highlander 2' watchable.

Post #: 63
Unified Theory of Bad Movies - 3/8/2011 5:46:58 PM   
LaurieP

I'm always interested in lists of bad films - and also in reading the comments from those who think the worst of the worst weren't included. I began to wonder why and how people vote the way they do (for bad movies specifically, anything else is overwhelming). I ran across this blog post - very VERY detailed analysis/breakdown. I love the idea of coming up with a Unified Theory of Bad Movies (and honestly, I'm not even a math freak). Would love thoughts!

http://blog.ranker.com/post/8394190864/from-ranker-labs-a-deeper-look-at-the-worst-movies

Back to reading more comments, now :)

Post #: 64
Burn it....and NOT in a good way - 6/8/2011 2:39:16 AM   
Crow69

just tried to watch "Mail Order Bride" which was supposed to be a darkly humored movie...nothing funny or redeeming in the 3/4 of the movie I could stomach through. A New Yorker slob with no social skills agree to let a cameraman to film him getting a mail order bride and then pretty much disgusts her so much that she moves in with the cameraman who then starts to have sex with her (even though he has a girlfriend) and its up to the interpreter to try and smooth out the mess! Total loss of director skills!!! How 'NOT' TO MAKE A MOVIE!!

Post #: 65
- 27/8/2011 8:42:14 AM   
artpunk 007

Years ago, I saw a movie called "The Velocity of Gary"....it shall forevermore be the worst....WORST movie I've ever seen...it actually blows your mind with how bad it is...

Post #: 66
Good list, but.... - 7/9/2011 3:46:56 AM   
heyman

Two words. "Old Dogs." Hands down, one of the worst movies ever made. Good list though, but you also forgot every Police Academy movie other than 1, Judge Dread, and Water World.

< Message edited by heyman -- 7/9/2011 3:49:43 AM >

Post #: 67
Pretty good list, but... - 9/9/2011 8:24:50 PM   
Whistler

Scary Movie doesn't deserve to be on here. As terrible as Date Movie, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet The Spartans etc. all are, Scary Movie is some funny shit.  Also, The Other Guys and Mega Shark vs Giant Octupus (and indeed all of the giant mutant monster vs giant mutant monster movies) need to be added, rapidly.  

< Message edited by Whistler -- 9/9/2011 9:22:45 PM >

Post #: 68
Sex Lives of the potato men? - 27/9/2011 1:19:18 AM   
Ollie777

Why is this on the list? This film is absolutely hilarious.

Post #: 69
Not bad but some bad misses - 26/10/2011 12:47:42 PM   
Daveyboy7

Scary movie and Freddy got fingered, were ok, The Happening was pretty spooky and Batman & Robin had Alicia Silverstone so must be way too good for this list....BUT I just watched a movie that has to be top 10 maybe even worst of all time...if you don't believe me watch Re Possessed...so unfunny it makes Meet the Spartans and Disaster movie look like The Life of Brian, Caddy Shack and Vacation rolled into one.

Post #: 70
Troll 2? - 11/11/2011 9:45:14 PM   
OpenMindedMovieFan

Has troll 2 gained so much love just for being awful that it was kept of this list?

Post #: 71
Fatal Deviation - 8/12/2011 12:04:12 PM   
cionn

May I recomend 'Fatal Deviation', Irelands only martial arts movie staring one of the blokes from boyzone. None of its cast are actors, none of the people who made it are film makers, its the funniest thing ive seen in years. unfortunetely its only viewable on youtube, but fortunetely its free :)

Post #: 72
Scary movie? - 26/12/2011 3:30:00 PM   
Alucard_the_last

That film was great. I really liked Van Helsing too. I hated Dream Catcher too but liked it a lot more the second time. What should be on the list is Gummo which is a flat out abomination that should be played over and over again to the inmates on death row so they stop appealing their sentence. Another mega bomb was Spun which is a 'comedy' about meth addiction. Scary Movie 4 was horrible too. Supergirl should be on the list for numerous reasons: Faye Dunaways and Peter O'Toole's worst films. Horrible acting and even worse special effects.

Post #: 73
Good Choices, but Some Disagreement - 12/1/2012 9:20:23 PM   
LaurieP

I absolutely agree about Batman & Robin, but I'm not sure I agree with Scary Movie. I thought it was fun, but perhaps I watched on cold meds or something. Found another great list of the worst movies of all time, if anyone's interested (seems similar to this one, with a few notable exceptions):

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-worst-movies-of-all-time

Post #: 74
Insane - 31/1/2012 7:19:01 PM   
realismpainter

Scary movie shouldn't be on this list, the people who voted are sooo dumb! The sequels might have been inferior but the original was a classic. And for the record it didn't spoof only Scream, but also The Matrix, Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense, Dawson's Creek, The Blair Witch Project, etc.

Post #: 75
These should have been the top movies hands down - 11/2/2012 10:56:12 AM   
King E

1) without a doubt Pootie Tang was the worst movie ever it was so bad they could make it a challenge on fear factor.
2) Vanilla Ice s movie Too Cold. Wow no comment it was just dreadful.
3) Mortal Combat 2 the movie. Are you kidding me everything about thismovie was fake and without a doubt bad. The CGI looked like a beginner doing there first PowerPoint presentation.
4) Soul Plane I do agree with the selection just not the place
5) Steppin. OK if step up wasn't bad enough why do an even lower budget knock of the same movie ... Hated It!!!
6) Too Wong Foo. OK WOWthe simple fact Wesley Snipes was in a dress automatically puts this one on the list
7) Robot Jocks. Does anyone remember this movie ? If you do you now hate me for mentioning it yes it was that bad
8) Cyrus. OMG this was horrible what waste of a free movie past this is 92min of my life ill never get back
9) Cross Over. The was a basketball movie that was so bad I seriously didn't shoot hoops for a month.
10) Jason X. I only finished watching cause I thought Fastened was going to pop out of the screen and tell the audience we where being punked. Tell me what y'all think about the list I made

Post #: 76
Neverending Story 3 NOT on the list?! - 21/3/2012 5:31:35 PM   
GuardianRyona

You've got to be kidding me!!! I went through this list expecting to see Neverending Story 3 on the list. Maybe not as the absolute worst film of all time, but somewhere in the top 50. Who the hell voted on these anyways!? O\~/o

Post #: 77
WHAT no super mario bros the movie, Nukie, troll 2, or... - 3/5/2012 8:03:59 PM   
traptdemon

Yea there are far worse movies and its really boiled when some of these movies are just meh i can list most of the worse movies with their crappy acting camera problems, the story arc, and movies that have barely any plot.

Post #: 78
The Movies BAD yes But #! worst way of Listing Bad Movies! - 28/5/2012 1:27:10 AM   
ANMLY

What's the Deal with the way they constructed this list? Anyone please explain the need to click sooo many buttons to navigate this page from 50 down to 1. a simple list would suffice! derp.

Post #: 79
RE: The Movies BAD yes But #! worst way of Listing Bad ... - 19/8/2012 8:53:28 PM   
Atticus MacArthur

Thee worst movie, and probably and not intended to be hilarious is a film by Ed Wood, is 'Plan 9 From Outer Space. A close second, and also fairly hilarious, is 'Santa Claus Versus The Martians'. Check out both, but for sure check out Ed Wood's movie. Also, check out 'Ed Wood' starring Johnny Depp, most excellent flick. A.M....

< Message edited by Atticus MacArthur -- 19/8/2012 8:56:35 PM >

(in reply to ANMLY)
Post #: 80
50 worst? Almost. - 27/9/2012 10:30:12 AM   
deathbed987

need four more on there..... lol

deathbed, the movie about the bed that tries to eat people
sex in the city 2
and harry potter 7, both parts

Post #: 81
RE: 50 worst? Almost. - 27/9/2012 10:31:37 AM   
deathbed987

oh and of course twilight

(in reply to deathbed987)
Post #: 82
- 21/11/2012 3:54:18 AM   
stupidflanders

I can think of some movies much more deserving to be on this list. In fact, I am watching one right now (hence my being here). Dead Heat. Check it out some time... And I think Batman Forever was considerably worse than Batman and Robin. At least Batman and Robin knew it was a hokey movie. Batman Forever tries to take itself too seriously.

Post #: 83
- 5/12/2012 9:38:08 AM   
likalaruku

No no no. You cannot lump theatrical releases & indie B movies together. Any list that says Batman & Robin is worse than Nukie has no credibility. All of these need to be sorted into 2 separate lists.

Post #: 84
Spider-man 3 shouldn't be on here - 26/3/2013 10:13:42 PM   
IMakeMovies

Spider-man 3 isn't very good, but its fine. Of course it isn't as good as Spider-man 2, which is amazing, but its not one of the 50 worst films of all time

Post #: 85
This list officially was certified as bullshit... - 27/3/2013 8:04:54 AM   
Unak78

...as soon as I saw Year One on it. There's some other movies that kinda raised my eyebrows, but that movie cinched it.

Post #: 86
- 29/3/2013 6:02:57 PM   
anonymous7599

I actually liked The Matrix Revolutions. Sure, it is not as good as the first Matrix movie, that was wayyy better, but I do not think it should be here on this list. Also, Spider-Man 3 wasn't bad either, not as good as Spider-Man 2 but that also does not belong here. Instead of The Matrix Revolutions and Spider-Man 3 please add Movie 43 (2013) and Jack and Jill (Adam Sandler Bulls**t) as those are much worse,

But for the rest of this list, I pretty much agree.

Post #: 87
- 11/4/2013 9:01:17 PM   
cableguy7uk

The worst and silliest movie I think of all time is IRON SKIES!

Post #: 88
- 28/5/2013 12:41:34 PM   
Miss_Smash

Seriously? All I can say is that nobody who voted for this list has seen Masters of Disguise or the Spice Girls movie.

Post #: 89
chessy and staring by a real life traitor of the united... - 23/6/2013 10:40:11 PM   
rusty1325

Barbrarella is a disgusting cheaply made pile of crap. At first i was biased about watching it seeing it stared HANOI JANE {Jane Fonda] But i said why not seeing they was playing a few of her movies and the first movie CAT BALOU was some what entertaining.WOW big mistake i have seen some stinkers in my life Barbrarella took the grand prize.the worst effects i have ever seen ,very poor acting all around and of course the star was someone who gave aid and comfort to the enemy in Vietnam .so all in all i think it is the worst movie of all time !!!

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> This list is bullshit!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI