Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Gimmie a break!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Gimmie a break!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gimmie a break!! - 3/2/2010 2:10:44 PM   
The Todge

quote:

ORIGINAL: princemadonna

Whoever voted couldn't have seen many movies. I've seen films that make most of these look like master pieces. Scary Movie was hysterical BTW and Spidey 3 was awesome - screw the critics, that's why we don't have Spidey fricking 4 cos of ppl that voted on this. As if it's one of the worst films ever made!!! What a fracking joke. Try watching the horror or Sci Fi channel late at night - believe me, you could've filled the 50 with a bunch of them. Not to mention Zone Romantica movies. What a load of shit Empire - and you call urself a movie magazine (rolls eyes).

Jesus man, here you go again.  Do you ever think before you type?

Oh, while we're still on this?  Where the fuck was Seven Pounds?  Or did nobody see it?

The Omen remake deserved to be on here too but obviously people avoided that as well!  One of the most genuinely offensively bad films I've ever seen.

THIS..............is God.

Post #: 31
RE: Gimmie a break!! - 3/2/2010 2:16:08 PM   
shool

It should be most hated, rather than worst by the looks of it.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to The Todge)
Post #: 32
RE: Bull Shit - 5/2/2010 10:22:05 AM   
Future Player

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spencer69

Matrix Revolutions is the BEST MOVIE EVER, I now HATE "Empire" for listing this

You're being silly now. It most certainly isn't.
Post #: 33
RE: The glaring omision???? - 5/2/2010 10:31:49 AM   
Future Player

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdmrmapf

.... I'm sorry... but really? No ISHTAR???? Have you not seen this movie? Certainly not twice! And did you not see it because you heard how much of a waste of time it was? Did you not see it because in nearly all circles it has been lauded as the worst film ever made? Wait.... I get it... it was so bad it doesn't even make the list because it would shine critical and comsumer praise on any of the 50 that did??? I find Batman and Robin to be a utter calamity... a stain on the superhero film genre... worthless drivel that the poor cast somehow felt obliged to be a part of ( ah, the mighty paycheck ).... but still... I'd rather have it looped and visually fed to me ala Clockwork Orange reprogramming style, than to ever have to sit through another veiwing of Ishtar... perhaps enough havn't seen it to warrent it's omission.... maybe I'm just jealous I'm not amongst those numbers...

There's a Gary Larson (The farside) drawing of Hell's video store, and all they have is Ishtar. Ha ha. Haven't seen it myself for the reasons you have given.
Post #: 34
RE: One of the 50 worst lists ever - 5/2/2010 10:33:54 AM   
Future Player

quote:

ORIGINAL: D_DuMas

I can think of far worse films to go on that list.

But just for the crack, Blade 3, which wasn't bad, Transformers 2 which wasn't bad. Yet where is Xmen 3 and Superman Returns which were horrendously bad.

In fact Superman Returns getting a 5 stars from empire is precisly the reason (and the point in time from when) I no longer trust Empire reviews.

This is the most shocking post I have read. 5 stars for Superman returns? As shocking as the film.
Post #: 35
RE: One of the 50 worst lists ever - 5/2/2010 10:36:02 AM   
shool

The people moaning about the content of the list really should have voted.

After all this was voted for by Empire readers.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Future Player)
Post #: 36
RE: Scientology - 6/2/2010 9:11:53 AM   
laterdanish

Swept Away...I LOVE IT!!! Its so underrated, and im sure most people who slag it off havent even seen it...
Post #: 37
RE: Pretty solid list - 7/2/2010 12:31:50 AM   
AnaemicBookcase

Come on... Spiderman 3 + Transformers 2. So they weren't as good as previous films/comics/shows, but there's no way they can genuinely be considered amongst the worst movies of all time.

If I had to pick any, I'd pick these two: Christmas With The Kranks and a film I only just discovered, called I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. Check out the trailer. I never imagined anyone could create a film that makes the new American Pies look cultured and intelligent, but here it is.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
Post #: 38
RE: The 50 Worst Movies Ever - 9/2/2010 4:50:29 AM   
NewJackKing

An American Werewolf in Paris, Meet Dave, You Can't stop the Music (the Village People Movie), The Bitch, What's the worst that could happen?, Black Knight, Practically anything with Martin Lawrence, War of the Worlds (Spielberg), The Phantom Menace (How is this not on the list?), Stealth, just for starters. I will add more as they come to me.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 39
RE: Arrested Development - 9/2/2010 12:58:16 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Personally I don`t beleive Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen should be on this list even if it was overlong and sometimes hard to follow the action and story. With hindsight after initially being blown away by it visually I can see it is flawed but it certainly is not one of the worst movies ever made. Nor is Scary Movie which overall is to me a funny spoof of horror movies. Scary Movie 2 however is a differnet matter that was rubbish. Plus Spiderman 3 was maybe overloaded with plot, baddies and just too much in general with some dogey acting from Tobey Maguire when Peter Parker really loses control to Venom but its still exciting and fun to watch and not in my view worthy of being in this list just the weakest of that trilogy. There are far worse memorable films that could and should be on. I just think some people like to bash certain movies because they don`t want to be seen to be following the crowd and want to be controversial with their votes.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5
Post #: 40
RE: The 50 Worst Movies Ever - 3/3/2010 12:44:00 PM   
jomo999

Hey don't everyone go blaming Empire, the readers are responsible for this list. Shame on whoever voted for Spider-man 3, its not even the worst super-hero movie ever. Daredevil, x-men origins:wolverine, both fantastic 4's, ghost rider - all worse and they didn't even make the list. Batman and Robin was awful but no-where near the worst film ever made.
Plus I agree about this being re-named 'worst mainstream movies'. IO could fill a list and then some with the amount of shocking independant flicks I've watched.

Post #: 41
RE: Here here jomo!! - 4/3/2010 2:03:22 PM   
nitroy2k

#1 :) lesbian vampires
Post #: 42
RE: Scientology - 7/3/2010 11:49:12 PM   
ThereCANonlyBE1

Batman and Robin was terrible!
Post #: 43
RE: 3 Times a charm? - 31/5/2010 10:12:06 PM   
Smokinator

woah woah wheres the invention of lying?

"Introduce a little... anarchy."
Post #: 44
RE: 3 Times a charm? - 1/6/2010 6:05:15 PM   
xmagic_dustx

A real contender:

Along with this trash:

"I've killed a Hell of a lot of people to get to this point."

(in reply to Smokinator)
Post #: 45
RE: - 2/12/2010 11:45:52 AM   
DanTDavies

my top [or bottom!] 3 are and remain:

Indy IV
The Simpsons
Star Wars I

all three have the same thing in common, namely they made me really angry.

In detail:

Indy IV starts badly [CGI Gofers!!! Oh look an atomic bomb going off, quick everyone hide in the fridge!!!] gets worse [Mutt, Indy riding bitch on a motorbike, Mutt...] and then finishes terribly [it was aliens all along!!!! Quite possibly the laziest piece of writing ever]. A dreadful film in its own right but the thing that made me angry was the way it pissed over my fond childhood memories. All copies of it should be burned.

The Simpsons. Mr Burns was on screen for 30 seconds. They were the only vaguely amusing 30 seconds of the whole film. 82.386% of film takes place outside of springfield so all the funny characters are reduced to vague cameos. The modern day Homer is such an asshole that he is uniquely unsympathetic so you just don't care. Really pathologically unfunny throughout [except for the Mr Burns bits].

Star Wars the Phantom Menace. Anakin is Jesus!!! Jar Jar Binks!!! Lets stand around discussing tax routes!!!! The central dilemna of the film revolves around their ship breaking down.... hmmm sounds familiar.... Oh yes they did exactly the same thing IN EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!!!! Could you seriously not think of another plot, you had 20 years to think of one!!??!! On the plus side at least there weren't any Ewoks...

To make matters worse the combined gross of the above three films is enough to bail out Ireland....

Post #: 46
RE: RE: - 6/12/2010 4:18:59 PM   
Non Forumite

I would have put any, no all of the Daniel Craig Bond films in this. Oh and Sunshine, which I was begged to NOT watch. I ignored that advice and now wish I hadn't. 

Chris Hewitt and Kim Newman are concerned for my mental well being.

(in reply to DanTDavies)
Post #: 47
Good Times with Sonny and Cher - 2/1/2011 2:56:33 AM   
booboo1818

Has anyone seen 1967's "Good Times"? It features Sonny, Cher and George Sanders. It's worth watching for how mindlessly campy (and crappy) it is. It definitely should be in the Top 50 Worst Movies of All Time.

Post #: 48
- 20/1/2011 9:39:31 PM   
graingew

plenty worse out there dialogue wise... Mortal Kombat the movie was fierce...

Post #: 49
The not Happening! - 13/3/2011 6:34:30 AM   
RJZTV

The not Happening!

Post #: 50
ankle burner - 13/3/2011 6:43:19 AM   
RJZTV

I was at one of the games where The Love Guru was filmed it' was a game between The Detroit Red Wings VS Toronto Leafs, the actor Darren Roanoke to say the lest was an ankle burner, They got all the fans to pretended as if you saw the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup Cup. So from then on I know it was going to be a dozy!

Post #: 51
yes - 13/3/2011 6:48:37 AM   
RJZTV

Number #1 right choice

Post #: 52
- 20/3/2011 3:32:08 AM   
malkay

hang on! if you're gonna slag off Heaven's Gate... at least do it right!

yes, the fiddle sequence is just a taste of Cimino's over-indulgent filmmaking but the rollerskating is factually correct... do your research man!

what's more, how can the 'redeeming feature' be something that's implied as hearsay? have you watched any cut of this film to form an opinion on behalf of Empire or is Heaven's Gate 'said to be' the 6th worst film ever?

Post #: 53
- 21/3/2011 1:24:28 PM   
redspear

where's the boat that rocked ?

Post #: 54
The Matrix Revolutions - 23/3/2011 9:47:31 PM   
Mr. Fincher

I've just realised something: On another feature, the 33 Greatest Movie Trilogies of All Time, you gave out the impression that Reloaded was weaker than Revolutions and yet here we are on a feature that includes Revolutions but not Reloaded. Why is this?

Post #: 55
RE: One of the 50 worst lists ever - 19/4/2011 11:46:53 PM   
TheGreenPlanet

quote:

ORIGINAL: KeithM

quote:

ORIGINAL: D_DuMas

I can think of far worse films to go on that list.

But just for the crack, Blade 3, which wasn't bad, Transformers 2 which wasn't bad. Yet where is Xmen 3 and Superman Returns which were horrendously bad.

In fact Superman Returns getting a 5 stars from empire is precisly the reason (and the point in time from when) I no longer trust Empire reviews.

Agreed. I kept expecting Superman Returns to appear on the list, even got quite 'excited' when it didn't come up early, thinking that it would be quite high and that finally the veil had been lifted from everyone's eyes and they could see it for the utter tripe it was... but no. Disappointing.

And no Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crock of Shit (sorry, Crystal Skull - easy mistake) either? This movie makes Transformers 2 look like a masterpiece of modern cinema. Toe-curlingly bad and yet another film reviewed with a blindfold and earplugs by Empire (and not at all influenced by Spielberg's upcoming guest editorship of course).

Agree with many of the films being on the list, but the above are glaring omissions.

Superman Returns should be on the list

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 56
not even close - 29/5/2011 8:40:49 AM   
wastrel

glad that `matrix revoloutions` made it on the list, origional movie was a peach, follow up`s were a disgrace! but nothing on this list comes close to the worst of all time- Eraserhead!!
there`s a very good reason you`ve never heard of it, and, trust me, don`t bother looking it up!
GARBAGE!!

Post #: 57
hmm - 26/6/2011 8:33:22 PM   
ryandude123

ok, first of all, pocket ninjas is the worst movie ever.. and waterworld sucked a biggie. hmm, i could probably think of some more, but i'd rather just smoke weed. i'm just glad to see the room on the list and I love that movie anyway. armageddon sucked, too.

Post #: 58
- 4/7/2011 5:59:05 AM   
Phoenix91

Sadly I loved both The Happening and Batman and Robin. Not sure what it is about the happening I just really like it. Batman and Robin is so corny the jokes are so lame but I just love to watch this movie its fun to make fun of it.

Post #: 59
Spiderman 3 is really not that bad... - 14/7/2011 8:00:19 PM   
randomail

This movie is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too overlooked. Why do people hate it? just dumb pointless knitpicking?

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Gimmie a break!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI