Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 8/2/2010 11:24:10 PM   
batcountry84

I too agree Sayid sounded a bit English, more like his Naveen Andrews self.
So maybe people are right in their Jacob theory.
I'm excited at the prospect of Desmond time jumping, being a constant of everyone.
Beebs, i agree with you about Sawyer and Juliet. It never really did feel right, whereas Kate and Sawyer did. I think Skate might take off again. Yay!
I find Jack and Kate boring, it should have worked out = Jack and Juliet, Sawyer and Kate.

What does everyone think has happened to Claire, and how will she come back into it? (other than the flashsideways scenes)

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 121
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 8/2/2010 11:28:43 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Not quite sure why everyone is adamant that the flashsideways as they've been dubbed is an alternate reality, I got the feeling at first that it may be a flashforwards again and that is what the series is working towards.

I really enjoyed the opening episodes, but I just don't see how they can still keep throwing questions at us without really answering many at all, are we just going to get to the last episode of the season and it just answers all the questions?

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to batcountry84)
Post #: 122
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 8/2/2010 11:48:54 PM   
batcountry84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda
I really enjoyed the opening episodes, but I just don't see how they can still keep throwing questions at us without really answering many at all, are we just going to get to the last episode of the season and it just answers all the questions?

I dunno, i feel the exact same way. I tell you what though, Carlton and Lindelof are geniuses for creating our beloved Lost. I'm dying to find out what the hells going on, but at the same time i don't want it to end.
I just hope whatever the answer is, it ties in with everything thats happened. For instance, i'd hate if it had nothing to do with the Dharma Initiative after the whole of the program is centred around it. I'd like the ending to be tied in to everything thats happened, so that there was a reason for everything and not much was 'filler', if you get me drift.

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 123
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 8/2/2010 11:51:30 PM   
sam89

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Not quite sure why everyone is adamant that the flashsideways as they've been dubbed is an alternate reality, I got the feeling at first that it may be a flashforwards again and that is what the series is working towards.

I've seen lots of people with this theory, but I don't really understand it. How could there be a reset towards the end of the season if all the characters are in the present? Darlton have already said that there isn't going to be any more time travel. Here's an interview where Darlton discuss the premiere:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

It's sounds pretty conclusive that there are two separate universes.

Post #: 124
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 9:35:03 AM   
Sway

Does anybody know when Ep 3 will be available? I thought it would be this morning, but can't find anything?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sam89)
Post #: 125
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 9:49:13 AM   
Sinatra

I felt like smashing my TV with a hammer when they came across the new community at the temple.
I mean, what the fuck?? I'm sick of asking questions, there is no way everything will get explained, sooo many little things that I want to know (right from the first series) that I just know wont be addressed... and yet I can't stop watching. AARRRGGGHHHH

I think the Sayid - Jacob idea is too obvious, and why would he say "what happened?" when he woke up? unless Jacob is bullshitting. Miles was confused because Sayid wasn't dead imo. I do like the Desmond idea... but why wouldn't he have said something to Jack?

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 126
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 9:58:17 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

I felt like smashing my TV with a hammer when they came across the new community at the temple.
I mean, what the fuck?? I'm sick of asking questions, there is no way everything will get explained, sooo many little things that I want to know (right from the first series) that I just know wont be addressed... and yet I can't stop watching. AARRRGGGHHHH

I think the Sayid - Jacob idea is too obvious, and why would he say "what happened?" when he woke up? unless Jacob is bullshitting. Miles was confused because Sayid wasn't dead imo. I do like the Desmond idea... but why wouldn't he have said something to Jack?

Yeah this whole Sayid thing is passing me by to be honest.  I remember thinking he sounded a bit weird when he spoke but, really.... he'd just been drowned and then was miraculously resurrected... who wouldn't sound a bit groggy after that?

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just choosing the wrong bits of the episode to focus on and the wrong bits to write off...

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 127
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 10:10:15 AM   
MOnkeyboy1138

Right, for anyone who's interested here's my theory of the thing with Lost. Be wary there be spoilers ahead though.

For series and series I have watched in awe at the hi jinks and misadventures of the castaways in Lost, but have noticed prevailing themes of cause and consequence, of dealing with situations and stuff like that. But, it was the season finale of last years series that threw up an interesting idea into my mind cauldron, see Jacob and that other dude sat on the beach centuries ago, they have an argument about in essence good and evil and humanities part in this. This mixed with the effects of the alternate reality lead me to believe that Jacob and the other guy are a version of God and the Devil, and that they are in the middle of a wager on the true nature of humanity, if Jacob wins that essentially all people are good then all deserving folks go free and lead happy lives, if the other dude wins then he escapes the island and wreaks war, famine and pestilence on the world. My reasoning behind this fits quite nicely with Hurley, this is the one guy who on the island never had any kind of shady dealings or dark past where he was painted as having done anything mean, selfish or wrong (he's a good guy a well meaning doof) and as such in the flash sideways he is the luckiest guy in the world (and notice still as loveable), whereas Jack (who appeared good at first but over the series has been revealed to be a bit of a Jack-ass (hahaha ho witty, ahem)) has been getting problems, Sawyer who has proven that he can change has seemingly turned over a more thoughtful leaf warning Hurley not to tell people that he won the lottery otherwise they will take advantage and helping the lovely Kate escape. Then you look at the original timeline where it has gone to hell and petty selfishness and greed have taken over (see Ben, Widmore, Widmore's stooges) the other dude is running the joint proving humanity is flawed and pretty much self oriented. Though the bleakness of the original timeline has a ray of chubby hope in the form of Hurley who even now is all about helping his friends and so on and so forth. The battle for the soul of humanity continues with the promise tat both timelines will meet up in another few weeks and we can finally see some answers. Also, just want to note that Desmond I think will become a Jesus (after the resurection) type character visiting each of the disciples and reminding them of the island that they haven't (or have they?) visited.

Feel free to pull my theory apart any comments are welcome (as long as they are nice and constructive), want to solve this mother.

You know the thing about Chaos? It's fair

I'm just a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 128
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 10:10:23 AM   
beebs_

I'm with you Sway... Sayid/Jacob/voice.... whatever.

quote:

I mean, what the fuck??

I hear you, but I wasn't annoyed at all really. They seem to me to be the original "others". They are Richard's people. Remember he came and met lil' Ben 30 or so years ago wearing those kind of clothes. Ben got the people he brought to the island and probably some original others to live in Dharmaville. So there were Others living in Dharmaville. They weren't Dharma.

So yeah, while I rolled my eyes at there being more people on the island, I wasn't too confused. Of course I don't know exactly who they are (are they the original crew of the Black Rock!?), but I know that they're Others.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 129
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 10:21:18 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

I'm with you Sway... Sayid/Jacob/voice.... whatever.

quote:

I mean, what the fuck??

I hear you, but I wasn't annoyed at all really. They seem to me to be the original "others". They are Richard's people. Remember he came and met lil' Ben 30 or so years ago wearing those kind of clothes. Ben got the people he brought to the island and probably some original others to live in Dharmaville. So there were Others living in Dharmaville. They weren't Dharma.

So yeah, while I rolled my eyes at there being more people on the island, I wasn't too confused. Of course I don't know exactly who they are (are they the original crew of the Black Rock!?), but I know that they're Others.

We've met them before, maybe not those specific people but that group, the air hostess and the kids were on the other island when Sawyer and Kate were locked in the cages.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 130
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 10:28:41 AM   
beebs_

Exactly.

Some others are off island originally like Juliet. I think these guys were living in Dharmaville with Ben.

Some have been taken from the crash i.e. Cindy and the kids. These guys seem to have been in with the Original Others. For some reason I think that Dogan and Lennon are original Others, i.e. Black Rock Others.

Am I making sense?

"Paramasturbatory"?

Post #: 131
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 2:34:24 PM   
Mycroft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Does anybody know when Ep 3 will be available? I thought it would be this morning, but can't find anything?

Tomorrow morning. Patience

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 132
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 3:51:55 PM   
Scabby

I read up that the guy who plays Desmond is 42. He looks better than I do and he's 20 years older the bastard. I read up about the supposed problems he has had at ABC with the sexual harrasment and fair play to the producers for sticking by him!

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 133
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 3:58:26 PM   
Sinatra

Nope, sorry... still want to smash my TV up. Nice try though.

They've got to be God type figures imo. Locke is now the devil perhaps.... 

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 134
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:06:36 PM   
Dr. Sam Beckett

quote:

Nope, sorry... still want to smash my TV up.

I think that says more about you than the show

I have no problem believing they've been there all along, we've been told that there were Others at the temple before. We even saw some heading there in season 3 if memory serves me correctly.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 135
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:09:32 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

I think that says more about you than the show

Well excuseeeeee me. I've invested God knows how many fucking hours of my life to this show, and if I want to have a rant then I fucking well will.!!! ! ARRRGGHHHHHHH

Cool username btw. 

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 9/2/2010 4:10:15 PM >

(in reply to Dr. Sam Beckett)
Post #: 136
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:13:55 PM   
Dr. Sam Beckett

Thanks

I see you are prone to mood swings (just joshing by the way)

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 137
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:22:25 PM   
beebs_

Isn't all this mystery (even though the "new others" isn't really a mystery...) the fun of the show!?

Jacob and Smokey/Not!Locke are Good and Evil or God and the Devil. Maybe.

The others? I think they arrived on the ship a long time ago when the four toed statue was there in full.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Dr. Sam Beckett)
Post #: 138
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:28:41 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Isn't all this mystery (even though the "new others" isn't really a mystery...) the fun of the show!?

It's wearing thin... I want answers.... and quickly. The new others were a surprise though.. I can't be arsed with new drawn out characters in this series...

quote:

Jacob and Smokey/Not!Locke are Good and Evil or God and the Devil. Maybe.

Maybe Smokey Locke and Jacob could be aliens if not Gods?? maybe Smokey Locke wants to get back to his planet??

quote:

The others? I think they arrived on the ship a long time ago when the four toed statue was there in full.

Seems reasonable.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 139
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:29:35 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I wasn't massively impressed with the first two episodes and thought they were a bit dry after all the hype, the alternate reality where they are all back in LA was plain boring and nowhere near as interesting as the backstories we've been used to.

I thought killing off Juliet (again) was just a crap way to inject some emotion into the first episode as was Sayid's 'death' - did anyone really think they'd kill him off so soon? It would have been more interesting to let her survive but I suppose they had to contrive a bit of tension between Sawyer and Jack.

Plus the new 'Others' were definitely annoying - that Jap bloke ('I don't like the way english tastes on my tongue') with his speccy translater - a couple of arseholes we could have done without.

Anyways it's early days, the baddie smoke monster John Locke is cool though and I love the way Ben has turned into his bitch. I sincerely hope this doesn't do a BSG in it's final series - i.e. go all crap, with so much (albeit top quality) filler in Lost it really needs a brilliant ending much more than BSG did.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 140
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:34:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Kinda with Sinatra here. It's not that I don't get that there were Others at the temple. We knew that all along didn't we, well from a coupla series ago at least when Ben tried to send Alex there for safety. It's just that it's the final series and I feel we could do without the introduction of new characters at this point. Unless they are linked in a massive way to the resolution of the story I think they're a mistake.

Saying that though I do have faith. Like Sinatra I want answers now though, not more questions .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 9/2/2010 4:35:40 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 141
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:34:52 PM   
MOnkeyboy1138

Is it possible that the other others/temple others are the exact crew of the ship from all of those years ago? Richard Alpert seems to be one of them and he never ages (maybe they all drink from the magic pool/healing pool/fountain of youth/stagnant water that has been gestating all kinds of funky germs and as a result never age), now that it has gotten a tad dirty maybe they will all start to age?

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 142
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:44:09 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOnkeyboy1138

Is it possible that the other others/temple others are the exact crew of the ship from all of those years ago? Richard Alpert seems to be one of them and he never ages (maybe they all drink from the magic pool/healing pool/fountain of youth/stagnant water that has been gestating all kinds of funky germs and as a result never age), now that it has gotten a tad dirty maybe they will all start to age?

Maybe they'll get the shits

Just to echo what Harry Tuttle and Sinatra are saying - it's about time we saw answers and then the story/ characters reacting to those answers.

(in reply to MOnkeyboy1138)
Post #: 143
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:45:00 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Plus the new 'Others' were definitely annoying - that Jap bloke ('I don't like the way english tastes on my tongue') with his speccy translater - a couple of arseholes we could have done without.

LOL, quality... exactly my thoughts.

BSG?

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 144
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:47:24 PM   
shool

You'll be taking all this back mid-season.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 145
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:49:20 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Battlestar Galactica - get on that double quick time if you ain't seen it, it's hardcore

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 146
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:49:32 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

And how prey, do you know that my fine feathered friend...

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 147
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:51:07 PM   
MOnkeyboy1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOnkeyboy1138

Maybe they'll get the shits

Just to echo what Harry Tuttle and Sinatra are saying - it's about time we saw answers and then the story/ characters reacting to those answers.

You can pretty much guarantee they won't answer all the questions, maybe 25-30%. Then a few years down the line they'll bring the show back in a new format maybe with a new cast, but they'll bring Hurley back because everyone likes Screech and then he and Mr Belding will be a great comedy duo, but the whole time we'll be asking what happened to Zach, Slater, Lisa and the rest of the gang, so eventually we'll get the college years then maybe a wedding in Vegas. Yep that's how it's gonna go, Screech and Belding will be married in Vegas.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 148
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 4:55:17 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

I have no idea. I just reckon alot will get explained and to start moaning on the series 6 premier seems a little... premature.

I'm just calling that this season will be awesome.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 149
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 9/2/2010 5:04:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no idea. I just reckon alot will get explained and to start moaning on the series 6 premier seems a little... premature.

I'm just calling that this season will be awesome.

I don't doubt that. I was just a little annoyed at the introduction of more new characters in the final series. Surely we should be wrapping up the storys of the existing characters not reintroducing new ones. Unless these new characters are key to all the goings on in the previous 5 series' that is. In which case why the hell weren't they introduced sooner

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI