Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 8:54:53 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

With regards to Juliet saying 'We should go for coffee sometime, we'll go Dutch', the first thing that did pop into my head was 'this is a line that's going to be echoed later on',  so I'm totally on the same wavelength as you here Beebs.  If that line isn't uttered by Juliet to Sawyer in the 'alternative timeline' or ending or whatever the hell it's proving to be, then I'll eat a jar of olives smothered in marmite.

Perhaps one by one the Losties will die and 'go over' to the other timeline.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 61
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 9:43:06 AM   
Dionysus

Great start to the series!  And some interesting theories on here that I hadn't thought of.

I like the idea of the LAX stuff being the end, rather than an alternative timeline.  Wonder how long they're going to go forward with that and how many of the characters they'll focus on?  Presume where the actors have previously left the show, they won't all be back as regulars.

Not quite so sure about the Sayid-is-Jacob one though.  Mainly because of his line.  Don't remember it exactly but was along the lines of "What happened".  If it was Jacob, then his actions with Hurley suggest he knew what would happen and so he wouldn't of said that when he woke up in Sayid's body.  Although of course it could be Jacob, he just doesn't want anyone else to know, so is pretending to be Sayid.

I also thought his voice was different too.  Sounded more like Naveen Andrew's normal English accent.

One last question for everyone.  Do you think smokey will appear as Locke for the rest of the series?  Personally I kind of hope we see him as the dude out of Deadwood (the MiB in the opening scene of the last ep of series 5) again, as he seemed quite cool as that character.

Shameless self-promotion: My Twitter Page
-----------------------------------

"They say he has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 62
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 10:01:37 AM   
shool

Great great episode and kick off to the final series.

Alot of people have mentioned alot of early theories already. Especially the Sayid not being Sayid and the Juliet time slipping comment.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Dionysus)
Post #: 63
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 1:36:54 PM   
MBeard

This week we had 81 minutes of Lost and it simply wasn't enough. To only have 40 minutes next week is going to be truly horrible!

Nice to see Jacob refer to the fact he is dead yet can still freely communicate with Hurley. Does this mean Miles will be able to talk to him aswell?

Also nice to see the reveal of the guitar case and what's inside. I thought just the ankh was a bit lame but nice to see it smashed open with the letter inside - as if Jacob knew the future...

The one thing troubling me is everyone on the plane had the same historical background as in theory, this should never have changed - except Hurley. If the island was destroyed then the tower broadcasting the numbers wouldn't have told the numbers to the guy who then told Hurley, so why is Hurley now "the luckiest guy alive"? Unless they broadcast before the bomb and with the island being destroyed it destroyed whatever was bad about the numbers? .... and breathe

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 64
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 2:07:37 PM   
Scabby

MBeard: I think you're on to something with the island being destroyed resulting in the numbers being good.

Also, the theory about Juliet slipping into the other reality is interesting and you know it is going to be something like that. The one fault with the idea that the timeline we are seeing at LAX is the end is the fact that the characters have not resolved their differences at all. Charlie wanted to die, Boone left Shannon, Locke was still a crippled loser and Jack still had his Daddy issues. It wouldn't make much sense to lose all of the development through the years.

On another point: Sayid being Jacob is a rubbish idea. That showdown wouldn't exactly be the culmination of any type of aminosity between the two characters, a Jack/Locke showdown is much more likely. I'm quite intrgued now as to what has happened with ghost Christian Sheppard and I have a feeling that there may be some white smoke as well? That would make sense judging by Locke saying back in Season 3 that when he saw the monster it was a bright light when Eko told him he saw the Black Smoke.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 65
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 2:33:42 PM   
MBeard

I never noticed either, the episode isn't called LAX. It's called LA X. A nice space placed by the creators!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 66
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 2:57:04 PM   
beebs_

quote:

The one fault with the idea that the timeline we are seeing at LAX is the end is the fact that the characters have not resolved their differences at all. Charlie wanted to die, Boone left Shannon, Locke was still a crippled loser and Jack still had his Daddy issues. It wouldn't make much sense to lose all of the development through the years.

I don't think that they've lost the development. I think maybe due to the bomb going off in '77 changed things for the survivors lives off island. Good for Boone (swoon!) for not being played by Shannon. Locke didn't really seem bitter. Yay! Hurley and Des seem happy. OK there are somethings that seem the same, Kate, Jack, Sawyer. We don't even know if Claire is preggers. I don't give a shit about Charlie... but I did want to know if Lapidus was flying the plane.

Saying all that... I do kind of dread a strange reset. I didn't want that at the end of last season. What they've done is interesting. But... this isn't really the Jack, Locke, Sawyer and Kate that we've seen over the years.

I think this alt-reality will show us Jack and Locke getting on, with Jack sorting out Locke's spine. Claire and Kate and maybe Sawyer and Kate seem like they can cross paths. I've no idea how the other players like Hurley, Des and Ben will join into the mix... but if they're showing us this different world then it must end up linking in with the on island actions... somehow?!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 67
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 3:12:55 PM   
Scabby

I think that the characters histories will have all altered, which may be the main basis of some twists this season. I know I may have read a spoiler accidently that certainly suggests a change of situation for one character (although, I'll believe it when I see it). It just seems that given the amount of time left that the new alt-timeline is going to tie in with what is happening on island but I can't imagine it'll be the last thing we'll see. I do like the idea of Claire not being pregnant, that would be an interesting development. I'd most like to see what has happened with Michael and Walt, but given that Malcom David Kelley is now 10ft tall and sounds like Darth Vader I doubt they'll be able to (Unless...he was born earlier than in the other timeline). And for the love of Jacob, let Eko come back!

Has anyone checked out the trailer that was aired before the premiere since they have watched the opener? It shows a few interesting bits of footage beyond the episode!

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 68
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 3:30:30 PM   
beebs_

Where is this trailer?!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 69
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 3:35:35 PM   
Scabby

I found it on AintItCoolNews under their Lost 6.01 bit. I'll find the link...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43842

I looked at the top one. Interesting stuff but nothing that really spoils anything now you have seen the opening or what you wouldn't expect.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 70
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 3:43:56 PM   
Scabby

On a production note: Did anyone else think the scene with Kate in the tree and the hearing loss was great? Really well put together.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 71
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 6:00:14 PM   
Rinc

Does anyone know if Faraday is going to appear? Has Jeremy Davies signed up for this season? The same with Eko. I'd love to see them in it. Obviously put a spoiler warning on it if you know.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 72
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 8:55:17 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Fuck me one of the best episodes (double) of lost ever!!!!!!!!!!! I need to read through this thread properly now before i post back with my full thoughts but i LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 73
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 9:14:06 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Fuck me one of the best episodes (double) of lost ever!!!!!!!!!!! I need to read through this thread properly now before i post back with my full thoughts but i LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As ever Donovan, your unbridled enthusiasm makes me smile!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 74
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 9:15:24 PM   
themightyhutch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

On a production note: Did anyone else think the scene with Kate in the tree and the hearing loss was great? Really well put together.

SPOILERS

I didn't really understand why she was up there in the first place but it was really well done I agree. To be honest it was quite possibly the most baffling 81 minutes of television I've ever seen. The whole thing is just crazy. But it was good. It was very good. It's episodes like this that made me realise that why I love this show. The mysteries surrounding it and the tension to see what will happen next week makes this show simply unmissable for me. Few points though:

Desmond on the plane. What the hell? Also I like the touch that it could be perceived in a few ways. Most people will take the obvious reference to them meeting on the Island but I'm guessing he recognized him from the running stadium way back in season 2.

The Awful CGI. Seriously they should pay the actors less and give the show a bit more money and let it look good, rather than have a shocking sequence within the first 5 minutes of the première. Then later on with Smoky again look awful, and I know Lost can look better.

The pool of water where they killed Sayid. Seemingly has healing qualities. So i'm deducing that those people in the temple have been there quite some time and they are staying young with that body of water. Maybe Richard was one of them explaining his youth. It links in with him taking Ben to the Temple and the long shaggy hair.

All in all it was good. It was really good. I can't wait for next wednesday.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 75
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 10:35:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

so like i said above this season opener has really impressed me. so many new questions. I love every decision they made regarding the island in the opener, love the reveal of the temple and the new peeps who reside there. Isn't the main dude the captain from Sunshine? Great presence that guy. I love the suggestion of the fountain of youth or at least healing pool of water. The real world stuff has me pretty baffled in the sense that i have no idea where it's leading and for what reasons these scenes are taking place but i love it!

I had my doubts initially with season 5 but this has really kicked me in the nuts and has given me total confidence that this final season will be an electric blast from start to finish. As we need answers, answers, answers this season i'm hoping for no down time whatsoever!

Ha ha Sway, what can i say? Lost is back with a big bang!

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 76
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 10:42:35 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

a thought:

So far in the show, smokey has been reffered to at least twice (to my memory) as a security system that guards the island/ temple. With this opener's reveal that notlocke is smokey, this seems to contradict things as the temple people seem to be in great fear of smokey. I mean Ben encountered smokey underneath the temple wall right? That's right by the temple, and it's under that wall that the temple bods captured our lostees, so that proves they both frequent there. If theyre so feaqrful of smokey, i'm surprised to find them down there at all, knowing that he sometimes lurks down there....

Does that make sense? it did in my head.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 77
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:04:32 PM   
Sway

quote:

so like i said above this season opener has really impressed me. so many new questions. I love every decision they made regarding the island in the opener, love the reveal of the temple and the new peeps who reside there. Isn't the main dude the captain from Sunshine? Great presence that guy. I love the suggestion of the fountain of youth or at least healing pool of water. The real world stuff has me pretty baffled in the sense that i have no idea where it's leading and for what reasons these scenes are taking place but i love it!

Yup, he sure is.  He plays Kaneda in Sunshine and is in one of the most tense and heart achingly beautiful scenes I've ever seen in any film in my life.   I was very pleased to see him.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 78
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:12:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

******** SPOILERS ADDED AFTER THE FACT RELATING TO SUNSHINE!****************

ah yes, the scene where his character dies in Sunshine is truly beautiful.

Did anyone else catch that it was Bram that got a stake through the heart?

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 4/2/2010 11:20:21 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 79
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:15:59 PM   
Sway

SPOILERS DONOVAN!!! Just incase people haven't seen it!!!

quote:

ah yes, the scene where .............. Sunshine is truly beautiful.

Did anyone else catch that it was Bram that got a stake through the heart?

Post #: 80
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:17:08 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

oh shit! i thought we'd all seen it here, this is the US thread right? I thought we were all talking about it freely? sorry if that spoiled anything for anyone!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 81
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:17:44 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

oh hang on, were you talking about sunshine there?

Post #: 82
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:17:46 PM   
Sway

quote:

oh shit! i thought we'd all seen it here, this is the US thread right? I thought we were all talking about it freely? sorry if that spoiled anything for anyone!

The spoiler about Sunshine you plum!!

Post #: 83
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:18:09 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

LOLZ!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 84
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:18:51 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

anyway, Bram, stake through heart, come on!

Post #: 85
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 4/2/2010 11:19:03 PM   
Sway

Fried gold.

P.S Don't forget to edit your post now..

Post #: 86
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 5/2/2010 12:28:51 AM   
The Mighty

quote:

a thought:

So far in the show, smokey has been reffered to at least twice (to my memory) as a security system that guards the island/ temple. With this opener's reveal that notlocke is smokey, this seems to contradict things as the temple people seem to be in great fear of smokey. I mean Ben encountered smokey underneath the temple wall right? That's right by the temple, and it's under that wall that the temple bods captured our lostees, so that proves they both frequent there. If theyre so feaqrful of smokey, i'm surprised to find them down there at all, knowing that he sometimes lurks down there....

Does that make sense? it did in my head.

I'm also a little bit confused about notLocke being the smoke monster, but for different reasons which I'm sure the show will explore later on. My theory was that the man who Locke heard saying "help me" in "Jacob's cabin" way back in season 3 was actually The Man in Black/now notLocke/the Smoke Monster. That would explain the circle of ash which surrounded the cabin, as we saw in this weeks episode the smoke monster can't cross the ash, which would explan why it would be asking for Locke's help, why Locke later found Christian Shephard and the maybe dead Claire in the cabin, and why Ilana looks so worried when she saw the circle of ash was broken at the end of the last season. But that theory kind of falls apart when you consider that we've seen the smoke monster from the very first episode, and when Locke visited the cabin in season 3 the circle of ash hadn't been broken. But I like my theory, so I'm sticking with it. Maybe The Man in Black was trapped in the cabin (by Jacob??) sometime during the shows run. Has there been a period of time recently that the smoke monster hasn't appeared for a long time? What about the time Hurley saw the cabins appear in the woods during the first episode of season 4, and there appeared to be two people inside. Could that have been someone trapping the Man in Black? Or helping him escape?

That also got me thinking, maybe The Man in Black is actually the one who has been trapped and abused by Jacob this whole time, and Jacob is actually the evil/shadowy figure the show s trying to portray The Man in Black as.

But, if the smoke monster is The Man in Black/notLocke, how are they going to explain the time Ben seemed to control the smoke monster after his daughter was killed?

I'm not sure if any of that made sense, btw. Theorising about Lost is hard work these days, which is one of the reasons I love it so much.

Post #: 87
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 5/2/2010 10:38:46 AM   
beebs_

This is getting too much. I love it!

The man in black is old Smokey. I love that he seemed to choose Locke early on in S1 (was it?) when he was just facing him off in Smokey form. He saw the weak pawn that Locke was/could be. LOVE IT!

Now the technicalities of cabin make things more complicated. I don't remember when the ash was broken, when it wasn't, when Hurley (our true leader!) saw the cabin, when dead Horace appeared... I didn't rewatch the entire series as I'd promised myself I would! Maybe Smokey killed off Keemy and he's team when Ben released him because he'd prefer someone like Linus in charge rather than Widmore. Widmore seems like more of an "Other" than Ben who was brought in from the Dharma folks.

Anyway, I love Not!Locke/MiB/Smokey. He's an evil bastard. Good stuff.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 88
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 6/2/2010 12:42:02 PM   
porntrooper

Watched it all again last night at my Lost Launch Party... great fun! 

Some things I picked up before and on re-watch:

Jacks cut to the neck? Why is it significant?  Well, the only other character I saw with a similar wound was..... Faraday! During the finale Faraday has a cut to the nect with a bandage in exactly the same spot.  After Faraday pops his clogs, Jack takes over Faraday's Jughead mission.  Is Faraday somehow linked to Jack in the 'new' timeline?

Kate's underwater hearing?  Well, I'm assuming we all agree it was to show a direct link between the two timelines?  In the new 2004 (2004X?) the island is underwater and there is an echo of that in 2007 with Kates hearing.  I guess the 2004X timeline isn't new or alternative, but happening in synch with 2007 somehow? Brainfuck!!

So, the loophole for MiB is to kill Jacob so he is no longer stuck in a 'game'? Something prevents them from killing each other, they're opponents of somekind and MiB has had enough because he always sees the same outcome (Murder, Corruption etc) and he wants to go home?  Just where the fuck is home? Off the island? Out of that current timeline? Universe? What the fuck is going on?! Love it!

Also, not really anything to do with the overall story but a nice continuation of Lost's continued mirroring of themes and events.... when Jack is trying to save Charlie on the plane, his almost immediate reaction is to use a pen to pierce his throat.... kinda like Boone in the pilot.  I liked that.

And a final thing I really, really loved.... getting pre-island Locke back... I love that goofball!

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 89
RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed - 6/2/2010 12:52:39 PM   
Scabby

I think Jack's cut on his neck is more of a reference to the beginning of Season 5 when he shaves his beard and cuts his neck then (I think he does) and that may be the link on that one!

Kate's hearing (and Miles' for that matter) I assume was more to do with the fact a bomb had just blown-up and deafened them. Same thing happened to Charlie after the hatch went kabloom. I don't think it was an underwater thing.

(in reply to porntrooper)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost - Series 6 - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI