Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Avengers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Avengers - 7/6/2010 4:34:57 PM   
lukeyboy

Just came acroos this (not literally - i'm excited but not that excited!!) on slashfilm. It's a fan made poster for The Avengers. Pretty cool huh?

[image]http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/images/zz6b33b815-550x1002.jpg[/image]

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 61
RE: The Avengers - 7/6/2010 8:30:16 PM   
Marwood

That's a really simple but great piece of fan art - only thing I think it's missing are a few more cast names:

Scarlet Johansson....with Jeremy Renner.....and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury

Still, it's a good indication of what the main team could look like together on screen...very cool indeed.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 62
RE: The Avengers - 8/6/2010 5:29:30 PM   
Fab Tmobile

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

That's a really simple but great piece of fan art - only thing I think it's missing are a few more cast names:

Scarlet Johansson....with Jeremy Renner.....and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury

Still, it's a good indication of what the main team could look like together on screen...very cool indeed.

Yeah, quite basic but kind of cool despite that.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 63
RE: The Avengers - 14/6/2010 1:20:14 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I quite like it. Surprisingly they all mesh well together.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Fab Tmobile)
Post #: 64
RE: The Avengers - 25/6/2010 12:02:39 PM   
Marwood

So I see the old rumours about Ant Man and The Wasp have resurfaced....

Nathan Fillion as Henry Pym I can see working ok, I'm not his biggest fan but he's done some good work and importantly works well with Whedon (providing he's 100% directing this thing). I still think this is fanboy dot joining but if true then I think he's a decent choice, curious to see if this would mean he'd be starring in the Ant Man solo film as Pym under Edgar Wright's direction or if Marvel overhaul that project.

Eva Longoria Parker as The Wasp is a harder sell for me, on the one hand she's not a bad pick for the superficial but strong "traditional" Janet. However on the other hand she's not really that good an actress, if it's something closer to Ultimate Wasp on screen then it means Eva would be playing (probably) a scientist and I think we'd be seeing a repeat of Denise "Nuclear Physicist" Richards from The World Is Not Enough.

The Eva rumour is really old though so I think it might just be doing the rounds again and not have any real basis. Fillion sounds more likely but I still can't shake the feeling that it's a case of fans wishful thinking ala "Guy Pearce will be Batman in Chris Nolan's reboot!" or "Bruce Campbell for Green Goblin!"....particularly the latter idea.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 65
RE: The Avengers - 25/6/2010 12:58:26 PM   
lukeyboy

Nathan Fillion as Pym is a great peice of casting (if true). I have to say he fits the bill for this part perfectly and plus i am a huge fan of Fillion's work to date and this should put him where he belongs - on the A-List!

Eva Longoria is a bit of an unknown quantity for me. The only thing that I know she's in is Desperate Housewives, and i would rather eat my own arse with a spoon than watch that! Has she been in anything else,....ever? She doesn't look bad for the part, although maybe she's a bit on the old side for me- so i guess the question is "can she act?" 

Without going down the whole "why dont they use the entire cast of Firefly" route for this - i do think Summer Glau would be a great fit for the part of The Wasp, but that's just my opinion!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 66
RE: The Avengers - 25/6/2010 1:13:23 PM   
Marwood

That's the chick who's also in The Sarah Connor Chronicles right? She's ok but nothing about her really stands out, I can't really think of anyone realistic for the role myself. I would have thougt of Natalie Portman once upon a time but as she's in Thor that won't happen as the films share the same universe.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 67
RE: The Avengers - 25/6/2010 2:21:43 PM   
lukeyboy

That's the one - she's as fit as a butchers dog due to once being a proffessional dancer and being quite adept in Kung-Fu and Kickboxing too, and in my opinion she looks the part (see below). She'd make a good Wasp - trust me!

[image]http://www.summer-glau.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/2~10.jpg[/image]

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 68
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 2:50:09 PM   
Marwood

Shit. Disappointing news about Norton's departure from The Avengers, I was really looking forward to seeing his Banner team up with RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth and SLJ.

No word from him officially but I can believe either touted reason for the break up, Marvel may have been playing cheap to get him back or having encountered some difficulties with him on Incredible Hulk maybe that old "creative differences" chestnut is to blame. Shame as all comments indicate he wanted to come back and until recently Marvel were discussing it with him and Joss Whedon. Damn it all.

Now then Whedon fans - where are the Nathan Fillion for Bruce Banner comments? Or do you prefer him for Henry Pym (I do).

I'm wondering now if this will have an effect on Comicon, it was generally rumoured that Marvel would use the con to have the cast meet up together ("assembling" for the first time) and confirm Whedon as writer/director, if they're recasting Banner now will they still have an Avengers announcement at the con? Will they go ahead without their new Banner? Or have they already found him and will announce there?

Cap and Thor have confirmed panels at the con this year so I'm still expecting something for The Avengers at the end of those two. I'm not going to the con but I can't wait to see what they unveil for these three films (hopefully).

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 69
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 3:04:31 PM   
darth silas

I hope that if Feige turns up at the con that he is booed by all the fans for being such a cheapskate dickhead.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 70
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 3:10:03 PM   
needa bigger boat

Slash Film are reporting that Marvel have started negotiating with Jaoquin Phoenix to replace Ed Norton, could be interesting if he has gotten over his white boy rapping/drugs/mentalism phase.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 71
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 3:15:11 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: needa bigger boat

Slash Film are reporting that Marvel have started negotiating with Jaoquin Phoenix to replace Ed Norton, could be interesting if he has gotten over his white boy rapping/drugs/mentalism phase.

If thats true and they make another Hulk film after The Avengers,he can expect to be replaced as well.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to needa bigger boat)
Post #: 72
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 4:24:37 PM   
lukeyboy

Ryan Gosling should be the new Bruce Banner.

That is all!

Post #: 73
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 5:17:04 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

Ryan Gosling should be the new Bruce Banner.

That is all!

Good choice . He at least has a bit of a look of Ed Norton about him .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 74
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 6:11:39 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: needa bigger boat

If thats true and they make another Hulk film after The Avengers,he can expect to be replaced as well.

Depending on whether he clashes over the final cut with the producers and director.

I think the Phoenix thing is probably guff, he won't be acting again until his mockumentary about the "breakdown" has been released and he comes out admitting what we already know - it was a joke he used to make a film with Casey Affleck.

Anyway, I think the Norton thing may well be existing bad blood between them after the Incredible Hulk ruckus, not casting any blame on that one btw because both parties seemed at fault then but I'd imagine it has influenced Marvel's decision.

However I'm not so convinced about them being cheap on his returning fee; Bruce Banner will likely be a smaller part and Hulk himself will probably be on screen more so it's possible maybe Norton's camp were looking at a lead fee rather than ensemble part. Considering there's been no scandal about pay for the cast of Captain America and Thor (keep in mind between them they have stars like Hopkins, Partman and Jones in supporting roles who can command big fees too if they choose to) I think it's possible Marvel are being less frugal with salaries so if this is rooted in money it might be the actor/his reps that are playing hardball this time. Then again maybe Marvel are trying to save more for The Avengers as it's likely going to be a bigger production (expensive) than Cap or Thor.

Still, they've never confirmed Norton was planned to be in The Avengers whereas they announced very quickly that RDJ and SLJ had agreed to come on board, plus Hemsworth and Evans' contracts include Avengers appearances (as I suspect do Scarjo's and Cheadle's). Norton has always been the outsider because they fought before, I think Marvel were always 50/50 on his return as Banner and have now exercised the decision that they don't want him back.

For the sake of continuity and that I liked Norton's Banner I wish they could have worked it out but hopefully they'll now find someone else who can do as good a job.

Post #: 75
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 7:14:34 PM   
Snake-Eyes

MARVEL are fucking gutless screwing over Norton like this; the guy is by far the finest actor to portray a 'superhero' in any movie. His performance in INCREDIBLE was top-notch and he invested a truck-load of work into the character's development which is more than can be said for a lot of other actors who jump into any old franchise for a quick buck. Complete Bollocks. They have already ruined the continuity and consistency in storytelling by replacing Terrence Howard in IRON MAN II. I was looking forward to THE AVENGERS. Not so sure now.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 76
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 10:45:38 PM   
The Hooded Man

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/me-marvel-no-want-edward-norton-as-hulk-me-want-unknown-actor-10454

There's quite a bit on the Norton getting the sack from Avengers here, most of it we already know but it does suggest that talks were at an advanced stage and Feige lowballed Norton over money. Pretty strong statement from Norton's agent too, i didn't care for Norton in the role but it does sound he's been screwed over to save cash.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 77
RE: The Avengers - 12/7/2010 10:58:48 PM   
adambatman82

Ed Norton has released his own statement -

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/12/edward-norton-releases-statement-about-marvels-casting-decisions-for-the-avengers/

Its a shame he's gone, he really embodied the 2003-era Peter David-run Bruce Banner for me.

Saying that, a huge part of me would love to see Phoenix take on such a role.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 78
RE: The Avengers - 13/7/2010 10:21:42 AM   
Marwood

Yeah, good to see Norton took the high road although I'm still not sold on this being a money issue.

Regardless of the reason it's a damn shame he won't be back, of the big screen Banners so far I think Norton has been the best (although I really liked Bana's performance too).

I can't get my head round the Phoenix idea though so I'm wondering if it's just a wild rumour. It makes sense for him to start clawing his way back from the wilderness with a supporting part in a big release like this but considering the Norton departure do Marvel really want Phoenix baggage? Considering how his career has gone the last couple of years I'd think his presence would have a negative effect, although it does ensure a lot of publicity I guess. 

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 79
RE: The Avengers - 13/7/2010 10:30:54 AM   
JIm R

Suggested it in the movie news thread on Norton's exit, my choice would be Andy Serkis for Banner.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 80
RE: The Avengers - 13/7/2010 11:20:39 AM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/12/edward-norton-releases-statement-about-marvels-casting-decisions-for-the-avengers/

Its a shame he's gone, he really embodied the 2003-era Peter David-run Bruce Banner for me.

I think that statement shows what a pro Norton really is.He could have sunk to Feiges level by making him out to be the wanker that he is but played it cool and showed some respect whch is more than Marvel deserve.

Marvel go to such lengths to create a consistent and connected movie universefor their characters and they screw it up with all these cast changes.Noton shouldnt feel so bad though,im sure that if Cap and Thor underperform at the box office next year,Feige will recast those characters as well.

As iv said before,i hope the Avengers panel at comic-con get booed by the fans and the film bombs(it wont of course).Whoever they get to play Banner now will probably feel its only a one movie deal before he gets recast as for the next Hulk movie they make.

< Message edited by darth silas -- 13/7/2010 11:22:29 AM >

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 81
RE: The Avengers - 13/7/2010 4:42:42 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

I think that statement shows what a pro Norton really is.He could have sunk to Feiges level by making him out to be the wanker that he is but played it cool and showed some respect whch is more than Marvel deserve.

Marvel go to such lengths to create a consistent and connected movie universefor their characters and they screw it up with all these cast changes.Noton shouldnt feel so bad though,im sure that if Cap and Thor underperform at the box office next year,Feige will recast those characters as well.

As iv said before,i hope the Avengers panel at comic-con get booed by the fans and the film bombs(it wont of course).Whoever they get to play Banner now will probably feel its only a one movie deal before he gets recast as for the next Hulk movie they make.

Agreed, regardless of all the rumour and speculation regarding Ed Norton's "pain-in-the-arse" reputation and my personal love of all things Marvel, Norton has definitely come out of this affair smelling of roses - and Marvel (and in particular Kevin Feige) have come out smelling of shit!

What a shame!

Post #: 82
RE: The Avengers - 14/7/2010 11:17:54 AM   
The Hooded Man

Am I alone in thinking Marvel's direction for their films has been lacklustre at best to date. Iron Man was excellent, but The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 were disappointing to say the least. If Captain America and Thor don't pick up the pace are we facing a scenario where nobody wants an Avengers film?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 83
RE: The Avengers - 14/7/2010 1:34:38 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Am I alone in thinking Marvel's direction for their films has been lacklustre at best to date. Iron Man was excellent, but The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 were disappointing to say the least. If Captain America and Thor don't pick up the pace are we facing a scenario where nobody wants an Avengers film?

Nope, I'm with you on that. I havenít been overly impressed with a single film since they went independent. Iron Man was good fun but nowhere near the heights of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 for me. Incredible Hulk was just woeful! At least Ang Lee tried something fresh with the character. And Iron Man 2 was pretty disastrous. Iíve always been more of a DC person so I hope post Batman Begins and Dark Knight WB will be treating their properties with more respect than Marvel Studios seem to be. Martin Campbell directing Green Lantern is a very encouraging sign. Whedon on board Avengers is also encouraging though I suppose.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 84
RE: The Avengers - 14/7/2010 1:57:57 PM   
darth silas

quote:

Iron Man was excellent.
Iron Man 2 was shite.

The Incredible Hulk was fantastic.One of the best comic book adaptations ever in my opinion.

However,Marvel have severely tucked up the franchise(again)by ditching Norton which has pissed off quite a few people who were looking forward to The Avengers,and Nortons departure has more than likely fucked up the prospect of an Incredible Hulk sequel which more than likely means yet another reboot in a few years time if they want to start up the franchise again.

Bottom line: Marvel are screwing up their valued propertys thanks to that wanker Kevin Feige(they need to get rid of him pronto).

Post #: 85
RE: The Avengers - 14/7/2010 3:15:19 PM   
pete_traynor

Marvel should give up on Hulk as a stand alone franchise. It just doesnít work on screen. The problem being that as soon as the transformation occurs there really is no emotional connectivity to the character as he is just a raging lump of green muscle. That might work for one or two decent set pieces but not for a large portion of a film. Not for me anyway. Ang Lee tried to make him more relatable but ultimately his film is an interesting but flawed experiment. The last film didnít tryÖ well anything as far as I could see. And when you times that emotional vacuum by two by throwing the Abomination character in there, it becomes beyond tedious. It was one of the worst films of recent years and no one should be under any illusion that Norton is actually upset at not returning to that role. Heíll be thankful heís been let off the hook, and rightfully so. But seeing as how Hulk himself is so boring on screen for anything more than two minutes at a time, I suppose he could work out Ok as a bit part for a film that has 17 leads.  

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 86
RE: The Avengers - 14/7/2010 9:00:57 PM   
Marwood

quote:

quote:

Iron Man was excellent.
Iron Man 2 was shite.

The Incredible Hulk was fantastic.One of the best comic book adaptations ever in my opinion.

However,Marvel have severely tucked up the franchise(again)by ditching Norton which has pissed off quite a few people who were looking forward to The Avengers,and Nortons departure has more than likely fucked up the prospect of an Incredible Hulk sequel which more than likely means yet another reboot in a few years time if they want to start up the franchise again.

Bottom line: Marvel are screwing up their valued propertys thanks to that wanker Kevin Feige(they need to get rid of him pronto).

Uh Silas Feige was also a producer on Iron Man and Incredible Hulk right - therefore his average is still good and this isn't a case of a new guy brought in after the 2008 releases and screwing it all up, he's been there since the beginning of their solo projects.

Plus it seems clear that a Hulk sequel was always shaky because Incredible Hulk didn't really do much better commercially than the 2003 version, it was better liked but that's not enough to call it a big success and greenlight a sequel straight away, also as they were planning to tie up the films leading into Avengers maybe it makes more sense from the overall story point of view that Hulk 2 comes after an Avengers team up. Considering how quickly Iron Man 2 was put into production I don't think Norton being dropped has actually affected a Hulk sequel as it seems the creature's next appearance was always more likely to be an ensemble effort rather than a sequel.

Providing Cap, Thor and The Avengers all work out then following those we may well see the Edgar Wright Ant Man, Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2 and Hulk 2. A Hulk sequel could well be a continuation of events from both Incredible and Avengers, just with a different lead. Current word according to Aint it Cool News is that Mark Ruffalo is being offered the role for Avengers btw.

Post #: 87
RE: The Avengers - 22/7/2010 2:14:13 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Suggested it in the movie news thread on Norton's exit, my choice would be Andy Serkis for Banner.

Haha now that's an interesting one. An extra-solar choice, I'd go with him. I'd prefer to stay well clear from Joaquin Phoenix. I haven't seen Andy Serkis in a protagonist role and whilst he's very good at playing angry/mentally unhinged characters. He'd do very well playing the Hulk and we know how expressive his face can be even when rendered in C.G.I. I like Mark Ruffalo but what do you all think about his potential casting as Bruce Banner/The Hulk?

The "haha" wasn't derisory towards you but because I didn't expect to see his name suggested! Kudos to you.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 22/7/2010 2:15:36 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 88
RE: The Avengers - 22/7/2010 2:49:07 PM   
Marwood

To be honest none of those three really click for Banner with me, of them I think Phoenix would be the best fit but even then I'm struggling to see him in the role. Plus as mentioned before I don't think Marvel will want his baggage on top of the outcry following Norton-Gate.

Does anyone else think Ethan Hawke could make a good fist of it?

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 89
RE: The Avengers - 23/7/2010 11:27:55 AM   
Marwood

Ok so Whedon has confirmed his Avengers writer/director status but that the script is still being worked on.

As mentioned before I'm still treating this cautiously as nothing Whedon has directed yet has proved to me that he's up to the job of tackling a big tentpole film. He's fine with ensemble casts and if it's off his own script then that will make things a lot easier for him but I think how the film works as a whole will depend on who is assembled for his production team to help him realise his vision.

So overall still would have preferred a more proven director but you can't deny Whedon's credentials to try and bring this thing to life; don't screw this up Joss.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI