Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 12:01:02 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Mine looks like it'll be just 3D too...

I didn't realise it was 170 minutes though!

Better bring the sleeping bag then

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 751
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 12:05:07 PM   
kumar

Does anyone have/had any issues with Hulks new appearance in the Avengers? I have come round to TIH and preferred that look compared to this one.

edit: also, i am quietly curious about any mention of abomination. He was talked about in the shorts but he has to resurface somewhere, in another film if not this.

< Message edited by kumar -- 15/4/2012 12:14:53 PM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 752
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 12:44:32 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Does anyone have/had any issues with Hulks new appearance in the Avengers? I have come round to TIH and preferred that look compared to this one.

edit: also, i am quietly curious about any mention of abomination. He was talked about in the shorts but he has to resurface somewhere, in another film if not this.

I personally prefer the Avengers look of Hulk.It just seems more of the classical comic appearance of Hulk,I felt Nortons Hulk seemed,abit, over detailed.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 753
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 6:33:43 PM   
Marwood

Likewise, I think the new Hulk is the best one yet - he blends the best of both the Bana and Norton Hulks imo.

As for The Abomination I'd be surprised if he's referenced at all - he was a fairly disposable villain character in the same respect that I wouldn't expect The Avengers to reference Iron Monger, The Destroyer or Dr Zola. They were important to the individual films they appeared in but unless the figure into the plot at all I doubt they'll be referenced in any way here.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

Post #: 754
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 8:32:37 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

I personally prefer the Avengers look of Hulk.It just seems more of the classical comic appearance of Hulk,I felt Nortons Hulk seemed,abit, over detailed.

I need to see more of Avengers Hulk but THH's Hulk reminds me of Frankenstein's Monsters. That was Stan Less idea of the Hulk and there it was on the screen.

Post #: 755
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 9:17:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Previous two Hulk (appearance) Films:
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/1/13839/19_2008/best-hulk-web.jpg

Avengers Hulk:
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/04/06/avengers-hulk-huh.jpg

Classic Comic Hulk:
http://www.manofactionfigures.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/sites/default/files/hulk_special_eaglemoss..jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Avengers one definetly captures the classic comic hulk look in my opinion.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 15/4/2012 9:18:01 PM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 756
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 15/4/2012 11:52:34 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

Likewise, I think the new Hulk is the best one yet - he blends the best of both the Bana and Norton Hulks imo.

As for The Abomination I'd be surprised if he's referenced at all - he was a fairly disposable villain character in the same respect that I wouldn't expect The Avengers to reference Iron Monger, The Destroyer or Dr Zola. They were important to the individual films they appeared in but unless the figure into the plot at all I doubt they'll be referenced in any way here.

I think theres definitely some characters that have served their purpose, but there's definitely loose ends with some others such as Thunderbolt Ross, Mr. Blue (The Leader) and The Destroyer. They were referenced and featured in the prelude comics that lead into the film so who knows? Maybe they're keeping the door open for future films too.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 757
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 10:10:22 AM   
Wild about Wilder

No Battleship release in US at the weekend? think we've found the reason why we're getting Avengers before them.

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 16/4/2012 10:11:20 AM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 758
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 12:50:08 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

I think they will reference him, maybe only in a small throw away line purhaps or a off the cuff joke at most.

I love the new hulk BUT would rather see the Norton Hulk just so it blends the films together. Of course that looses all meaning when the Banners look fuck all like each other

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 759
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 12:54:01 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

I think theres definitely some characters that have served their purpose, but there's definitely loose ends with some others such as Thunderbolt Ross, Mr. Blue (The Leader) and The Destroyer. They were referenced and featured in the prelude comics that lead into the film so who knows? Maybe they're keeping the door open for future films too.

You must see a bit of Ross in this as Tony did approch him in TIH. Mr Blue was set up for the Hulk sequel which they have NO plans to make (Even though they've said there will deffo be Thor2 IM3 and CA2).

I love all the Marvel Studio films but TIH has a special place in my heart and would love to see a TIH2… but how would that film fit into the Universe post Avengers. Its not like Banner is on the run anymore.

Edit: In capitals

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 16/4/2012 4:53:26 PM >

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 760
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 1:09:50 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

You must see a bit of Ross in this as Tony did approch him in TIH. Mr Blue was set up for the Hulk sequel which they have now plans to make (Even though they've said there will deffo be Thor2 IM3 and CA2).

I love all the Marvel Studio films but TIH has a special place in my heart and would love to see a TIH2… but how would that film fit into the Universe post Avengers. Its not like Banner is on the run anymore.

They were talking about a tv series too, how the hell that would work with all these films in production I'll never know. It seems everytime a film or tv show doesn't break viewing/box office records they go for a revamp or change of direction straight away. Annoys the hell out of me. I loved TIH too and just hope they keep ties with that into the Avengers, regardless of whether Norton's there or not. A cameo by Gen. Ross, or a reference to the villains in the first film would probably be enough for me.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 761
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 1:27:45 PM   
Marwood

Well Feige mentioned the Hulk series in an interview recently and apparently it isn't canon with the films so it can be whatever they want it to really.

As for the rest of the films, with The Avengers in particular, there's a danger of overstuffing but still room for references in conversation. Even if it's a wink to the fans as long as it doesn't go over the heads up general audiences or breaks up the flow then I think it's a nice touch to keep that idea of it being a shared universe alive.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 762
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 3:01:00 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

Well Feige mentioned the Hulk series in an interview recently and apparently it isn't canon with the films so it can be whatever they want it to really.

As for the rest of the films, with The Avengers in particular, there's a danger of overstuffing but still room for references in conversation. Even if it's a wink to the fans as long as it doesn't go over the heads up general audiences or breaks up the flow then I think it's a nice touch to keep that idea of it being a shared universe alive.

Well they did have that footage from Culver Univeristy on the monitors in IM2, and the chat about Blonski and Ross in 'the consultant' short, so I guess they'll thread parts of it back in. Whether they'll have those characters appear again is another thing.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 763
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 16/4/2012 5:00:19 PM   
Titanm21

To go slightly off current topic…

What I liked to see for Avengers2 is for them to do Civil War. Spend the next lot of sequels for IM, Thor, CA etc (post Avengers) with the heroes in the public eye but with maybe the populace or government getting sick of em due to what ever reason, for it to come to ahead in Avengers2 where it’s the full Civil War story (well as close as they can get it).

That way you can introduce small cameo heroes through the sequel films or maybe webisodes by Marvel and have it as hero on hero in the film. Hell I’d watch that. Also I think the hulk will be in the sequel films (Bar Thor2) in some respect but not get his own film. Which is weird cause I hear SPOILERS

…Ruffalo/Hulk are amazing in the Avengers film. (This is purley based on Edgar Wright’s words and a few others I’ve read about speaking about seeing the film).

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 764
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 8:43:22 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

I think their is bound to be referances to other characters and a few more introduced. Wasn't their an interview with Feige recently where he said that CA2 would be taking place straight after The Avengers? Taking that on I get the feeling this film will set up story arcs for the four main Avengers (sorry Renner and Johnasonn...that doesn't include you) to roll out in their next films.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 765
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 11:19:45 AM   
themightyhutch

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

I think their is bound to be referances to other characters and a few more introduced. Wasn't their an interview with Feige recently where he said that CA2 would be taking place straight after The Avengers? Taking that on I get the feeling this film will set up story arcs for the four main Avengers (sorry Renner and Johnasonn...that doesn't include you) to roll out in their next films.

I think we might be looking at just Thor, Cap and Iron Man according to this http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223009p1.html

It would be gutting if this was the case. They made a big deal about casting Ruffalo and with all positive press about him after the premiere you'd assume he was popular enough for another go. Although with IM3 Thor 2 and CA2 all being made maybe they're just giving it a bit of time and not committing to too much.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 766
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 2:32:55 PM   
st3veebee

Can't believe its only just over  aweek away. That sure came quickly.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 767
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 2:58:36 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

quote:

quote:

I think we might be looking at just Thor, Cap and Iron Man according to this http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223009p1.html

It would be gutting if this was the case. They made a big deal about casting Ruffalo and with all positive press about him after the premiere you'd assume he was popular enough for another go. Although with IM3 Thor 2 and CA2 all being made maybe they're just giving it a bit of time and not committing to too much.

Maybe once he has been seen in action in Avengers and with slightly more control over himself (and therefore there being bigger options for what the hulk can do and what Banner can get into storywise) the situation will resolve itself because people wont automatically think in response to a suggested third film 'Oh (yawn) another film where he becomes the hulk and gets chased by the military while going all gooey over the the woman he loves but cant have because her father doesn't like him and his condition makes being in relationship tricky...zzzzzzzzz"?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 17/4/2012 3:01:02 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 768
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 3:14:07 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe once he has been seen in action in Avengers and with slightly more control over himself (and therefore there being bigger options for what the hulk can do and what Banner can get into storywise) the situation will resolve itself because people wont automatically think in response to a suggested third film 'Oh (yawn) another film where he becomes the hulk and gets chased by the military while going all gooey over the the woman he loves but cant have because her father doesn't like him and his condition makes being in relationship tricky...zzzzzzzzz"?

I hope; personally I really enjoyed TIH but their is a lot more they could do with him and it would appear that the majority of the marketing and positive press about this film does seem to lean towards Hulk's performance.

Beyond an Avengers 2 maybe they could get Hulk in with anothers film; a Captain America Vs Hulk type film?!...although I guess that kind of depends on how Avengers goes?!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 769
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 17/4/2012 5:08:04 PM   
Wild about Wilder

How about a Defenders movie that way Marvel/Disney could stretch their titles out, though not sure they'd be able to use Silver Surfer?

Post #: 770
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 18/4/2012 12:02:10 PM   
waltham1979

Wasn’t sure if this counts as a spoiler or not but just in case…

SPOILER!!

*whistles*

Early reviews are talking about a sequence at the end of the credits which sets something up very nicely. Having read a report of it (I was an idiot SO wish I hadn’t now but I’ve had a shit morning and I needed something to lighten my mood...and it could be bollocks) it sounds frickin’ awesome!!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 771
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 18/4/2012 1:06:13 PM   
Marwood

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope; personally I really enjoyed TIH but their is a lot more they could do with him and it would appear that the majority of the marketing and positive press about this film does seem to lean towards Hulk's performance.

Beyond an Avengers 2 maybe they could get Hulk in with anothers film; a Captain America Vs Hulk type film?!...although I guess that kind of depends on how Avengers goes?!

Yeah I kind of agree there; while I've liked the previous Hulk films and am a fan of the character I feel that he may work better in an ensemble rather than solo films from now on.

I suspect he might fit into that kind of role in the same way that War Machine, Black Widow and Hawkeye are arguably better suited as supporting characters as they may not be able to carry their own films - that's a comment on the characters as opposed to the actors by the way.

For example both Don Cheadle and ScarJo are confirmed as reprising their roles in Iron Man 3 and if Captain America 2 has him as a member of SHIELD as has been rumoured then I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye turn up somewhere in that film as a supporting character or perhaps even as a partner agent to Cap.

Hulk is a character that could move seemlessly between the various films post-Avengers IMO to showcase both Banner and the creature itself and given that both previous Hulk films have met with mixed reactions (both critically and financially) that could be a better way to have him appear than take a risk on another solo film that could conceivably just end up being a nail in the series' coffin.

All that said if Marvel were to go for another solo Hulk film I'd still be interested to see it; just depends what they'd want to do with the character and story.

Post #: 772
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 19/4/2012 2:14:55 PM   
fuzzy

Some new posters for the film...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170281-mondo-assembles-marvels-the-avengers

The Black Widow one is pretty cool. Is she still Russian now, or have they done a Storm with her?

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 19/4/2012 2:15:21 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 773
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 20/4/2012 4:57:09 PM   
Wild about Wilder

After seeing Captain America today have come to the conclusion that I much prefer the Marvel comics look of Cap to the Ultimate/Avengers movie version & I don't mean the Original Dark Navy 1 he wore in the film I'm talking the 1 with chainmail that he still sports now. Just doesn't look right without the cowl with little winglets on it or the the big old red boots & gloves.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 774
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 22/4/2012 11:38:45 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

After seeing Captain America today have come to the conclusion that I much prefer the Marvel comics look of Cap to the Ultimate/Avengers movie version & I don't mean the Original Dark Navy 1 he wore in the film I'm talking the 1 with chainmail that he still sports now. Just doesn't look right without the cowl with little winglets on it or the the big old red boots & gloves.

I would have been happy for him to continue wearing his WW2 suit from TFA personally, I like the new one but prefer the original film one overall. Gotta disagree about the comics one - it's fine in the context but on film would look even stranger than what Evans is sporting in The Avengers even taking into account Thor's garb. The WW2 one kept the hallmarks of the comics' designs but made it a bit more functional looking (and badass) which I think is the way to go when you're doing a comic book costume on film.

Post #: 775
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 23/4/2012 10:44:14 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Don't know I like the chainmail top but especially the little winglets (spose you could incorporate a mini 2way into them?)
AS FOR THE ORIGINAL THOR WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE(EXCEPT MAYBE THE BIG FUCK OFF! HELMET?)
Gotta admit I never ever saw the point in that.

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 23/4/2012 10:49:13 AM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 776
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 25/4/2012 12:50:26 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Off to see Avengers "Asemble" tomorow can't wait.
Please god don't be full of little shits bunking of school.

Post #: 777
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 26/4/2012 1:43:51 PM   
Marwood

Off to see it tonight, had to go 3D as none of the 2D times suited but in a couple of (spoiler free) reviews I've read apparently the effect is used quite well so hopefully won't be jarring. If it is then I may try and catch a 2D show another day providing what I can make out looks good

One thing I've read are that there are 2 stings in this - a sequence during the closing credits and then a second post-credits scene, both of which are sequel bait apparently.

Post #: 778
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 26/4/2012 2:48:16 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

For example both Don Cheadle and ScarJo are confirmed as reprising their roles in Iron Man 3

You may have read already, but Scarlett Johansson is confirmed not to be in Iron Man 3. Probably a good thing as she was shoe-horned in a little to Iron Man 2. See here:

News story link

Seeing as you're one of the most senior and authoritative voices on Marvel that's left on the boards. I implore you to write your review tonight sir!

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 26/4/2012 2:53:48 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 779
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 26/4/2012 3:39:29 PM   
Wild about Wilder

After seeing the Avengers & with Spider-Man, Batman, Promethius, Bond & The Hobbit still to come this has all the hallmarks of being 1 of the best years of movie going in recent memory.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI