Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 3:34:16 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I don't think we will see a dumbing down of powers in the case of Thor, I think it will be made pretty clear in the film that him and Hulk will be the teams trump cards. Im already getting that sort of vibe from trailers infact I'm getting the impression Hulk, who's powers seemed toned down in TIH may have been given a boost.

The problem with Cap is I don't think we got a clear indication of what he is actually capable in his last film, something that will definately corrected in this film I feel. End of the day they are all gonna bring something different to the team.

I can see Caps shield getting dented by the hammer and Cap reacting like "holy shit !"

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 661
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 3:46:09 PM   
Titanm21

In the Ultimates (which they seem to be lending off the most) Thor was the only one that could bring down The Hulk... I think they'll maybe dumb down the powers a bit... Thor and Hulk still, as you say fairing the best with Capt/Iron Man being battered but still hanging on...

... of course I can see Black Widow / Hawkeye making no sense in this unless they show some mint skills not to get squashed. Actually I'd throw a fiver bet on to say Hawkeye doesn't make the end of the film.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 662
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 4:09:05 PM   
Marwood

I wouldn't say we'll necessarilly see dumbing down seeing as the team ultimately seem to be fighting off an alien attack so even if none of the threats are individually problems for Thor and Hulk I'd say sheer numbers and the unknown is enough to make them sweat a bit. Plus as Hulk has always seemed a bit restrained so as to not hurt people really (ok apart from The Abomination) so having a big alien threat and plenty of machines to wreck could show him more off the leash. The rest will definitely feel the pressure more though but I don't think we'll see any deaths unless it's Coulson (hope not, love Clark Gregg's dry humour in the role) or Maria Hill.

I also agree Dirk that Cap's abilities haven't been that well defined yet; in TFA I think they say the procedure he undergoes is to enhance someone to peak human physical condition and anyone familiar with the comics knows that's basically what was done to him. However I don't think his power levels were that consistent in the film as at times he doesn't seem particularly strong, fast or agile....at least not to the same degree he seems at other points.

Although you could argue that initially he's learning what he can do and isn't particularly adept using these enhancements early on, plus the film jumps forward with that montage of him busting Hyrda which I believe is supposed to cover the span of several months so by the time he's captured Zola he's a lot more refined and experienced. Hence his assault on the main Hyrda base shows him being a lot more impressive than when he's busting out the POWs and Bucky when he first meets Red Skull.

Anyway, hopefully The Avengers will show a better handle on what his abilities allow. The trailers at least have shown he's obviously a lot stronger than the average man (punching bag knocked across the room) and there's a lot of him jumping and sliding so he appears very agile (but not like Spider-Man thankfully, that's too much for him).

< Message edited by Marwood -- 2/3/2012 4:12:09 PM >

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 663
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 5:04:45 PM   
Wild about Wilder

You'd really only have to look at the first ever Avengers/Defenders cross-over where Hulk & Thor fought to a standstill.
Though if push came to shove & Thor didn't get to use the ray from his hammer (sorry can't pronounce or spell it's proper name) i'd still say Hulk'd cream him, cos as we all know THE MADDER HULK GETS THE STRONGER HULK GETS!

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 2/3/2012 5:09:31 PM >

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 664
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 5:23:41 PM   
musht

Question: Given that all the previous individual films leading up to this have had post-credit sequences directly aimed at teasing this film, is anyone expecting a post credits sequence on this teasing the next Avengers film, or the next, Iron Man/Thor/Captain America?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 665
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 5:42:30 PM   
Dirk Miggler

It's quite possible that the end of Avengers could see Thor taking up permanent Earth residency.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 666
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 3/3/2012 9:11:16 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

It's quite possible that the end of Avengers could see Thor taking up permanent Earth residency.

Maybe, Thor 2 per a couple of brief press releases is supposed to see him and Jane explore the 9 realms to some degree though so I think "permanent" is unlikely but if he's made it back to Earth in The Avengers without the use of the Bifrost then he may well be stuck there for a bit.

Musht - I reckon there'll be a lot in this film which will inform story points in the future solo films so even if there's no post-credits sting I believe The Avengers is going to leave a lot of small threads dangling for the characters and where they'll go next.

Post #: 667
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 3/3/2012 6:05:17 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Maybe, Thor 2 per a couple of brief press releases is supposed to see him and Jane explore the 9 realms to some degree though so I think "permanent" is unlikely but if he's made it back to Earth in The Avengers without the use of the Bifrost then he may well be stuck there for a bit.

Musht - I reckon there'll be a lot in this film which will inform story points in the future solo films so even if there's no post-credits sting I believe The Avengers is going to leave a lot of small threads dangling for the characters and where they'll go next.

I think it will be nice for the next batch of films after the Avengers to not have that whole Avengers setup, shadow, noose, whatever you want to call it hanging over them. It bogged Iron man 2 down, and Captain America was primarily a setup for the Avengers so it will be nice to see them freed up and getting stuck in to their own story's. Im really hoping that the Avengers will just send them on their merry way.

Marwood that was pretty much my reasoning with regards Thor, I think its pretty obvious how he gets to Earth but if he will be able to leave at the end of the film, who knows.
I too hope that the nine realms and Asgard are kept at the forefront of Thors future endeavours as its something very different to what we get in your standard superhero film. Although the fish out of water stuff on earth was nicely done Thor was at its best in Asgard.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 3/3/2012 6:06:16 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 668
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 3/3/2012 7:30:07 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

You could argue that Thor and Capt America are the same strength hand to hand. After all in Thor he got pretty kicked about by the SHIELD guys and its not like daddy took Thor's "Super Strength" away (cause he didn't have any)... just banned his Hammer and Armour etc.

My point being Azguard strength is equal to Capt and Iron Mans suit strength.

Although correct me if I'm wrong

Gladly

Loki is an Ice Giant, despite his size, he's stronger than the average human and a pyhical challenge despite his magic. Thor on the otherhand rely more on brute strength and his hammer. Even as a human he shown great skill in combat and using his human strength as a weapon. I think it's safe to say Thor is stronger than Loki.
Anyway onset footage shows Loki and Captain fighting each other. Loki is stronger.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 3/3/2012 7:31:48 PM >

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 669
RE: The Avengers - 3/3/2012 8:17:37 PM   
Sutty

My feeling is that Hawkeye won't make the end of the movie. He doesn't get much screentime in the trailers and certainly appears the most vulnerable of the chaps. Black Widow will likely survive by virtue of the fact that she is the only girl in the gang.

I hope they don't dumb down Hulks power. I wanna see him let loose! Let the rage monster go ape shit!

Anyone know the running time for this flick yet? There seems to be a hell of a lot to get through, even with the foundations laid from the cameo clips from the last half ozen marvel movies or so...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 670
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 3/3/2012 9:52:15 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

There'll be some comicy way to explain it I expect, personally I'm just going with it at this point. Besides who's to say vibranium doesn't possess some of the same qualities as the materials made to forge Mjolner?

Vibranium may indeed be something that man has only just discovered (or re-discovered) which would appear ordinary and mundane to the likes of Asgardians. Then again, perhaps Thor/Mjølner is weakened somewhat, hence Thor's blow not being as destructive as we'd expect. Moreover, just because Thor is fighting an opponent, doesn't mean he'd want to maim or kill them and given he's on Earth, he'd realise these are "Earth's (native) mightiest heroes" and therefore doesn't want to cause wanten death. Afterall, Thor at the end of his origin film is meant to be more mature and tactically astute. I think there could be different variables here, hence why I asked.

quote:

Still; the mere thought of a man at peak human physical fitness (via an administered serum and radiation dose) trading blows with a super strong alien wielding a hammer forged from the heart of a dying star is silly enough that whether his shield can take a blow from said hammer is a pretty minor and irrelevant point all things considered.

It's just as irrelevant if not more pointless discussing a fictional universe with outlandish and fantastical 'superheroes' really. So it's a moot point, but if we were swayed by that notion we wouldn't be contributing to the discussion . I think there's merit in asking as it may reveal/lead to a plot point we haven't considered. As I mention above, the hammer may have been sapped of its power, or perhaps Thor has and this is magnified/exemplified by the power of Mjølner at that time. As others have said, there could be imposters although that seems unlikely (Skrulls?). There's clearly friction involved as Banner says "we're not a team, we're a time bomb" so I think the fight is genuine.Going back to the shield, I was wondering whether there is a precedent for Mjølner striking the vibranium shield in the comics. As of course the 'explanation' for its toughness would be in there. Or perhaps there's a certain explanation for it seemingly being resistant to the power of the hammer, other than its tough material; perhaps through enchantment and again this could be a story element. All in all, it's worth asking, may lead to some interesting theories.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 3/3/2012 9:54:09 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 671
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 5/3/2012 9:05:25 AM   
Invader_Ace

Marvel Database says
Thor - Superhuman: Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons
Capt - Peak Human: able to lift double one's own body weight up to the 800lb level

and Vibranium is extra terrestrial in origin.
In "Thor" Vol. 2 #73 (January 2004), the Odinforce, again wielded by an enraged Thor, destroyed the shield, killing Steve Rogers with it. This timeline was later erased in "Thor" Vol. 2 #79.
and wiki says
Mjolnir can be used both offensively and defensively.
Described as impacting with sufficient force to "destroy mountains," with only primary adamantium proving too impervious.

So yeah.  Thor wins as it should be.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 5/3/2012 9:22:34 AM >

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 672
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 5/3/2012 4:02:55 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

You could argue that Thor and Capt America are the same strength hand to hand. After all in Thor he got pretty kicked about by the SHIELD guys and its not like daddy took Thor's "Super Strength" away (cause he didn't have any)... just banned his Hammer and Armour etc.

My point being Azguard strength is equal to Capt and Iron Mans suit strength.

Although correct me if I'm wrong

Gladly

Loki is an Ice Giant, despite his size, he's stronger than the average human and a pyhical challenge despite his magic. Thor on the otherhand rely more on brute strength and his hammer. Even as a human he shown great skill in combat and using his human strength as a weapon. I think it's safe to say Thor is stronger than Loki.
Anyway onset footage shows Loki and Captain fighting each other. Loki is stronger.

Too late Marwood beat ya to it

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 673
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 5/3/2012 6:46:08 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Marvel Database says
Thor - Superhuman: Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons
Capt - Peak Human: able to lift double one's own body weight up to the 800lb level

and Vibranium is extra terrestrial in origin.
In "Thor" Vol. 2 #73 (January 2004), the Odinforce, again wielded by an enraged Thor, destroyed the shield, killing Steve Rogers with it. This timeline was later erased in "Thor" Vol. 2 #79.
and wiki says
Mjolnir can be used both offensively and defensively.
Described as impacting with sufficient force to "destroy mountains," with only primary adamantium proving too impervious.

So yeah.  Thor wins as it should be.

Didn't Tony Stark create vibranium in his lab as a viable chest piece replacement though? In addition to how Howard Stark created it for Cap.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 674
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 5/3/2012 7:14:10 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Didn't Tony Stark create vibranium in his lab as a viable chest piece replacement though? In addition to how Howard Stark created it for Cap.

Nope. Vibranium is supposed to be the rarest metal on the planet and Howard Stark makes captain's sheild out of what little they have. The chest piece Tony makes in Iron Man 2 is a completley new element. Howard couldn't make this new element as he was restrained by the technology of his time and leaves the plans for his son to create in his stead.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 675
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 6/3/2012 12:50:22 PM   
Chief

The last 2 pages are in danger of seriously overloading the geek-o-meter.

Post #: 676
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 6/3/2012 1:00:24 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

The last 2 pages are in danger of seriously overloading the geek-o-meter.

Well it does run to 20 MegaShatners so we should be ok providing no-one crosses streams.

Anyone else think there should be a reference in there to Brian Michael Bendis' New Avengers #13 where Iron Man and Cap - oh shit - KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

< Message edited by Marwood -- 6/3/2012 1:02:08 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 677
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 6/3/2012 1:06:52 PM   
Titanm21

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XNPD380IpBQ/SW6Tefjw5TI/AAAAAAAAEbc/flEfhscwnWY/s400/P104_11_scotty-james-doohan.jpg[/image]

"She canny ne take no more Geek Capt"

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 678
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 6/3/2012 3:44:02 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Always thought that originally in the comics there was something unknown that got mixed in with the other ingrediants to make it virtually unbreakable?

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 679
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 6/3/2012 8:14:46 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

Nope. Vibranium is supposed to be the rarest metal on the planet and Howard Stark makes captain's sheild out of what little they have. The chest piece Tony makes in Iron Man 2 is a completley new element. Howard couldn't make this new element as he was restrained by the technology of his time and leaves the plans for his son to create in his stead.

I thought it was. The idea being they only had a small amount during WW2 (that they discovered somewhere) but planned to create more when they had the technology for ... whatever he builds in Iron Man 2.

< Message edited by rich -- 6/3/2012 8:20:46 PM >

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 680
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 7/3/2012 12:18:04 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

I thought it was. The idea being they only had a small amount during WW2 (that they discovered somewhere) but planned to create more when they had the technology for ... whatever he builds in Iron Man 2.

I was thinking the same; it's not been defined what exactly Stark made in Iron Man 2 beyond it being a "new element" but Stark Snr's involvement with Cap and what would eventually become Shield in WW2 does raise a question as to whether there's a solid link between the element and something from that period. Could be something to do with vibranium, could be something different. Shit, could be Uru (which is part of Mjolner's makeup) even.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 681
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 7/3/2012 8:51:59 AM   
Titanm21

Or it could be nowt and the writers put that scene in cause it looks "Well Wicked" as the kids would say

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 682
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 7/3/2012 10:21:14 AM   
porntrooper

There are some new pics and story details making the rounds this morning, for anyone interested. Be warned, the essentially spoil the whole first half of the movie, I guess beat for beat - how the guys are brought together, how Loki becomes involved etc etc. No great surprises really, given the stuff already seen, and it certainly doesnt touch on anything from the second half of the film and the alien army. Some good new pics of Loki and Hulk too, and one sure to get fans buzzing of frozen Cap in the ice - hope that makes it into the movie.

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 683
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 7/3/2012 5:35:24 PM   
Marwood

Saw the pics but ignored the text; some nice new shots in there.

Latest theory I've read about the invading force - Atlanteans led by either Namor or Attuma. What say you guys?

(in reply to porntrooper)
Post #: 684
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 8/3/2012 10:52:22 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Yeah I said they kinda looked like the Blue skined types like Attuma with those helmets could be based on the Marvel Annuals series Atlantis Attacks from early 90s possibly late 80s? when Annuals bothered to be worthwhile & not the SHITE they are now!
Could also be a way to bring in Namor which would be interesting if they stayed close to Marvel history as he & Cap fought side by side in WWII in The Invaders though probably not as Thor turned up in 1 storyline.
YIKES! have gone all geeky

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 8/3/2012 10:55:44 AM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 685
RE: The Avengers - 8/3/2012 3:22:57 PM   
atashawn

The trailer to this movie is so cool, I' have seen the trailer last week and I am very excited to watch the full movie. Iam sure it could be one of the most fantastic movie this year. :)

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 686
RE: The Avengers - 8/3/2012 3:39:40 PM   
Mojo

Saw the trailer in 3D last night before John Carter and it has to be said, it looked fucking sweet even though its a post-conversion job (I think?).

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to atashawn)
Post #: 687
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 8/3/2012 9:29:36 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I read the text.

I am not going to spoil anything. The text only covers the team being assembled and why. Most of it done in an excellent way except for the Hulk. It's understandable why they done it but i was hoping Hulk entry into the team would be later. In my opinion any fan of the comincs/films etc should avoid the text.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 688
RE: The Avengers - 9/3/2012 10:35:29 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Saw the trailer in 3D last night before John Carter and it has to be said, it looked fucking sweet even though its a post-conversion job (I think?).

You're correct, it's post conversion but hopefully won't be a bad job. I saw Thor in 3D which was a post conversion job too and while the 3D didn't add anything to the film it wasn't distracting or badly done so hopefully The Avengers will end up with the same level of care on its conversion. On the flipside it could end up like the embarassing Clash of The Titans 3D a couple of years ago - ugh.

Anyway, Latino Review have a couple of snippets from Joss Whedon about a potential sequel. Nothing spoilery, all he really says is that he'd like to try something a bit darker, more personal and expand the relationships.

While it's early to start speculating personally I'd like to see a new lineup for Avengers 2 - with such a huge cast of characters at their disposal it's pretty much a revolving door. It would be an interesting approach too for each film to have essentially a new team everytime brought in to solve whatever problem Shield are having. I think Mark Millar has been taking that approach with Ultimate Avengers - every 6 months there's a limited series with a mostly new cast of characters being drafted by Fury into a team. It would free up the existing heroes to get on with their own solo franchises as well without having to be too beholden to whatever's going on in the Avengers series; something a lot of people have criticised the films for is that they maybe focus too much on setting up The Avengers (a process I've actually enjoyed seeing) so this would be a dodge round that.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 689
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 9/3/2012 11:00:35 AM   
porntrooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

I read the text.

I am not going to spoil anything. The text only covers the team being assembled and why. Most of it done in an excellent way except for the Hulk. It's understandable why they done it but i was hoping Hulk entry into the team would be later. In my opinion any fan of the comincs/films etc should avoid the text.

I'll get mildly spoilery here, but nothing thats not really covered in the trailers.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The text in the movie book? Actually, it covers a deal more than the team being assembled I'd say; yes it is the assembly of the team, but the why and how seems (at a guess) to cover the first half of the film, at least an hour of screen time I'd say; and three action sequences - the opening, Germany, and the Thor, Cap, Iron Man face off in the woods glimpsed in the trailer. The opening is a pretty big spoiler, but it's not a new one - it's already done the rounds.

Actually, having read the text I'm a little more optomistic, particularly around the assembly of the team - in particular Thor. It sounds good, really good in fact, and sounds to be more action packed than any of the previous Marvel movies (which has always been a criticism of mine, particularly of Iron Man). I'd guess the second haolf of the movie, which isn't touched on in the book, will play around Loki's escape (second escape?) and recruitment of the Alien Army and subsequent invasion for the finale. Looks that we're getting around five action sequences of varying sizes, I hope Germany and the battle in the woods are as big as suggested by the trailers. Does appear that we wont get any Hulk until the second half of the film though i.e. he seems under wraps during those opening action scenes. I think Loki will instigate a Hulk out on the Helicarrier to facilitate his second escape, the team have to tackle him as Loki does a runner, we'll get some calm as Loki recruits whatever Army it is and then the invasion will kick off the last half hour or so of the flick, at a guess. I'm certainly more intrigued at this point, after being pretty non-plussed before. Helps that Sky are showing Thor and Cap next month for a rewatch in advance of Avengers.

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI