Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 5:23:04 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

New trailer is up. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87568

That is a much better trailer.
That tiny clip of Hulk saving Iron man was nice

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 631
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 5:25:44 PM   
Rob

Love the shot of Cap, Thor and Iron Man. Looks bloody ace!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 632
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 5:29:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Yep this trailer has officially kicked in my appetite for the film even more.
Looks really,really promising.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 633
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 5:33:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

New trailer is up. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87568

Fuck yeah.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 634
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 5:46:04 PM   
Marwood

Fuck yeah too.

Think the team dynamic is going to be this thing's strength and this trailer is showing more of the scale of the invasion/city battle at last with that bizarre Transformer looking thing at the end.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 635
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 6:00:26 PM   
Captain Black

Now that's a trailer.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 636
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 8:01:43 PM   
Proudfoot

Scarelett's looking mighty fine.

The rest looks pretty good as well... if a little too Transformers.

But hey, Whedon seems to like characters, dialogue and plot, so maybe these action scenes will be more than just empty noise.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 637
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 29/2/2012 10:59:13 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

Scarelett's looking mighty fine.

The rest looks pretty good as well... if a little too Transformers.

But hey, Whedon seems to like characters, dialogue and plot, so maybe these action scenes will be more than just empty noise.

Yeah actually, I fully see that throughout this. I saw those same comments turn up after the teaser was released too and I somewhat agree. Battleship may aswell be Transformers 4...

Its a bit of a shame to think effects and design team couldnt come up with something a little more original and unique looking from Transformers but none of the marvel films have been as stupid as we see in Transformers. I think I can look past it completely, the film looks like a right belter!!

Surely there has to be some mention of War Machine in the Avengers. If he isnt somewhere else fighting then where the fuck is he?!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 638
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 1:21:34 AM   
Sutty

I think this looks pretty good based on the new trailer. Seems like it is gonna be action packed and many a fanboys wet dream. The effects look good and the Hulk looks as good as I have seen him outside of Lou Ferrigno (call me nostalgic!).

I think after the last trailer, which had some rather zingy dialogue, this one was out to show that their is some big action in there too. Loved Ironman falling from the sky and being caught by Hulk. And Hulk clinging to the side of the building and tearing it a new one was pretty fantastic.

I do have two gripes...

1. The new title. Shit beyond shit and totally unnecessary.

2. As good as the trailer is it pretty much seems to storyboard how the movie is going to map out. Are there going to be ANY suprises?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 639
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 9:46:22 AM   
Wild about Wilder

What was the big thing chasing Iron Man wasn't (know i'll spell this wrong) Fing Fam Foo or whatever it's called or it kinda reminded me of what the Atlantians used when you had Namor, Attuma & the rest of the undersea kingdom attacked the Marvel Universe many moons ago.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 640
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 9:56:02 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

That still of the three of them in the woods was

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 641
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 11:58:47 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I think this looks pretty good based on the new trailer. Seems like it is gonna be action packed and many a fanboys wet dream. The effects look good and the Hulk looks as good as I have seen him outside of Lou Ferrigno (call me nostalgic!).

I think after the last trailer, which had some rather zingy dialogue, this one was out to show that their is some big action in there too. Loved Ironman falling from the sky and being caught by Hulk. And Hulk clinging to the side of the building and tearing it a new one was pretty fantastic.

I do have two gripes...

2. As good as the trailer is it pretty much seems to storyboard how the movie is going to map out. Are there going to be ANY suprises?

1. We all know what's it's really called, when I buy my tickets I'll be saying "(x amount) for The Avengers please my good drone". I kind of understand that it's been changed purely to make sure casual audiences don't mistake it for the old show & film about Steed and Peel but I've got to wonder how many would have made that mistake anyway.

2. There's still the second/"mystery" villain remember - IGN reporters caught a glimpse at one of the toy fayres of "him" but weren't allowed to take any pictures or provide descriptions other than "he doesn't look like a Skrull".

The trailer is just showing the 3 acts of the film in very broad strokes which you'll find pretty much all blockbuster trailers do these days for this kind of film. In that respect it's business as usual for the advertising and I still think there's going to be a lot of surprises even if this doesn't have a TDKR or Prometheus level of secrecy around it.

Also Wild that's a good theory but the thing looks to be a machine rather than an organic alien dragon thing like Fin Fang Foom is - could be a wild redesign admittedly but it's more likely just some weird craft/war machine.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 642
RE: The Avengers - 1/3/2012 1:54:55 PM   
fuzzy

Like everyone else on here I think the title change is unecessary and just smacks of last minute panicing by Marvel/Disney - probably more to do with web searches than anything else. But you'd think they would've done the market research on this well before now! They should had more faith in their product - there's been 5 films leading up to this. Hell, the last one even shoehorned 'Avenger' into the title. I think everyone who wants to see this in the cinema knows exactly what it is - and it's that audience they should be pandering to IMO. But like Marwood said, it makes little difference at the end of the day - everyone will still call it The Avengers. And don't be suprised if it reverts back to this on DVD/BluRay release and Sky Movies. I've seen it done before. Remember 'World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles' - no, didn't think so.

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 1/3/2012 1:59:07 PM >

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 643
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 2:26:22 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Perhaps. But no-one's going to be crying into their bowl of Frosty's over it, especially if they enjoy the film. Most will just call it Avengers and most will not confuse it with the British series.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood
1. We all know what's it's really called, when I buy my tickets I'll be saying "(x amount) for The Avengers please my good drone".

You know I just had an image of you queuing up to the VUE cinema in Leicester Square, a cigarette in hand and 'the world is my ashtray' sort of haughty and condescending tone with that line. . *Knocks on glass*......"my dear boy! What's taking so long? This avenger wants to assemble, promptly!"

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 1/3/2012 3:32:14 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 644
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 2:44:49 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

Perhaps. But no-one's going to be crying into their bowl of Frostie's over it, especially if they enjoy the film. Most will just call it Avengers and most will not confuse it with the British series.

quote:

1. We all know what's it's really called, when I buy my tickets I'll be saying "(x amount) for The Avengers please my good drone".

You know I just had an image of you queuing up to the VUE cinema in Leicester Square, a cigarette in hand and 'the world is my ashtray' sort of haughty and condescending tone with that line. . *Knocks on glass*......"my dear boy! What's taking so long? This avenger wants to assemble, promptly!"

Ha ha, it's more likely to be the Cineworld in Milton Keynes but yes I will definitely be doing that. Monocle is being polished, a tumbler of brandy will be at the ready and I'm practising my best Tom Baker. "Hello my dear fellow..."

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 645
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 3:17:13 PM   
Titanm21

Don't know if this is classed as SPOLIERS but anyway…

Looking at the trailer do we think that Capt/Thor/Iron Man don't get along at all until maybe later in the film. See I thought that maybe the 3 of them were fighting the Hulk based on an earlier trailer but this new one (Which made me sex wee BTW) looks like Hulk isn't even part of that section if you catch my drift.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 646
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 3:33:35 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps. But no-one's going to be crying into their bowl of Frostie's over it, especially if they enjoy the film. Most will just call it Avengers and most will not confuse it with the British series.

quote:

Ha ha, it's more likely to be the Cineworld in Milton Keynes but yes I will definitely be doing that. Monocle is being polished, a tumbler of brandy will be at the ready and I'm practising my best Tom Baker. "Hello my dear fellow..."

..in addition to the lowering of the head when making eye contact, the quick pursing of the lips, a twizzle of the moustache and then a Leslie Phillips purrrring "hellooo!".

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 1/3/2012 3:34:04 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 647
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 3:39:27 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Looking at the trailer do we think that Capt/Thor/Iron Man don't get along at all until maybe later in the film. See I thought that maybe the 3 of them were fighting the Hulk based on an earlier trailer but this new one (Which made me sex wee BTW) looks like Hulk isn't even part of that section if you catch my drift.

It looks to me like the bit in the wood (I'm presuming that's what you're talking about) is when Iron Man and Cap are trying to bring in Thor, and it seems that Thor doesn't want to go with them

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 648
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 3:53:30 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

It looks to me like the bit in the wood (I'm presuming that's what you're talking about) is when Iron Man and Cap are trying to bring in Thor, and it seems that Thor doesn't want to go with them

I think the same.

Originally I expected the first "team" mission would be to bring in Hulk in a nod to The Ultimates and the original comics run but the trailer suggests Black Widow and Shield bring Banner in with minimal trouble (as Ruffalo looks quite unfazed when he gets off the helicopter and meets Rogers).

Plus we've seen enough footage now that shows both Cap and Iron Man fighting Thor in a forest area so looks very much like he's the real reluctant one brought in to help them out - kind of makes sense as Loki is the chief villain and Hemsworth has been saying in interviews that Thor is conflicted about things because it's his brother.

I can also see that the 3 resolve most of their differences by the end; there's been the odd quick shot suggesting they learn to work together (Rogers and Stark greeting each other, Thor helping Cap up in battle) and again all 3 actors have acknowledged the same.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 649
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 4:27:07 PM   
Emyr Thy King

*Puts on his monacle*...being technical here, that forest fight. Doesn't Thor bring down Mjřlner on Cap's shield? I know vibranium is meant to be some super tough element with special properties, but surely the hammer would break it? Unless the comics say otherwise.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 650
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 1/3/2012 5:59:16 PM   
Ghidorah

The trailer should of been something epic instead Paramount tried to give the impression it's the next Transformers.

Post #: 651
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 12:59:05 AM   
Philo Bedo

Trailor looked great, plenty of action and interaction between charactors. I did think Hulk looked, dare I say it, not as defined as he did in TIH, hope that will be sorted. I also think that viibranium is pretty much indestructible, right up there with adamantium. Allthough fanboys will debate this forever.

It's all in the reflexes....

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 652
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 11:54:32 AM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

The trailer should of been something epic instead Paramount tried to give the impression it's the next Transformers.

Sure u didnt watch the Battleship trailer by mistake?

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 653
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 12:11:10 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I think the same.

Originally I expected the first "team" mission would be to bring in Hulk in a nod to The Ultimates and the original comics run but the trailer suggests Black Widow and Shield bring Banner in with minimal trouble (as Ruffalo looks quite unfazed when he gets off the helicopter and meets Rogers).

Plus we've seen enough footage now that shows both Cap and Iron Man fighting Thor in a forest area so looks very much like he's the real reluctant one brought in to help them out - kind of makes sense as Loki is the chief villain and Hemsworth has been saying in interviews that Thor is conflicted about things because it's his brother.

I can also see that the 3 resolve most of their differences by the end; there's been the odd quick shot suggesting they learn to work together (Rogers and Stark greeting each other, Thor helping Cap up in battle) and again all 3 actors have acknowledged the same.

Yeah that makes sense... just with Hulks shack and Then them three fighting it looks like the same woods.

If i was going to take a guess I'd say Loki lets himself get caught, then messages Thor (somehow) that a)he's alive and b) the evil humans have him. Thor gets to Earth to kick off and thats how he's back/fighting

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 654
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 12:11:22 PM   
Marwood

quote:

*Puts on his monacle*...being technical here, that forest fight. Doesn't Thor bring down Mjřlner on Cap's shield? I know vibranium is meant to be some super tough element with special properties, but surely the hammer would break it? Unless the comics say otherwise.

There'll be some comicy way to explain it I expect, personally I'm just going with it at this point. Besides who's to say vibranium doesn't possess some of the same qualities as the materials made to forge Mjolner?

Still; the mere thought of a man at peak human physical fitness (via an administered serum and radiation dose) trading blows with a super strong alien wielding a hammer forged from the heart of a dying star is silly enough that whether his shield can take a blow from said hammer is a pretty minor and irrelevant point all things considered.

Post #: 655
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 1:00:04 PM   
Titanm21

You could argue that Thor and Capt America are the same strength hand to hand. After all in Thor he got pretty kicked about by the SHIELD guys and its not like daddy took Thor's "Super Strength" away (cause he didn't have any)... just banned his Hammer and Armour etc.

My point being Azguard strength is equal to Capt and Iron Mans suit strength.

Although correct me if I'm wrong

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 656
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 1:14:01 PM   
Marwood

quote:

You could argue that Thor and Capt America are the same strength hand to hand. After all in Thor he got pretty kicked about by the SHIELD guys and its not like daddy took Thor's "Super Strength" away (cause he didn't have any)... just banned his Hammer and Armour etc.

My point being Azguard strength is equal to Capt and Iron Mans suit strength.

Although correct me if I'm wrong

I think you're wrong - remember in Thor when The Destroyer enters town he tells the Warriors Three that "here I am just a man, I would only slow you down" or something to that effect which I think is a pretty clear implication that since being cast down he's lost his inherent power as well as the hammer. He's still a big guy and obviously combat experienced so he can take on Shield agents but he's not superpowered at that juncture. Plus I don't believe that an Asgardian would be unable to fight off a small group of hospital security guards and orderlies, armed or otherwise.

The Warriors Three certainly appear to be more powered up than him considering they survive damage from the Destroyer but Thor himself is basically killed by one bitch slap from it before the return of his power "resurrects" him.

It could just be that his appearance on Earth sees his powers reduced for whatever reason in The Avengers too which may explain any power mismatches with him, Cap and Iron Man. In his own film when his powers are returned he seems back to his giant kicking self when on Earth so Avengers may be showing him at a weaker point again. It's still not clear what he's doing on Earth in the new film to start with (or even how he gets there considering the ending of Thor) so that could well have something to do with him not being 100% and therefore allow mortal men to take him on. Appreciate they've got advantages over Shield agents but I couldn't see them successfully battling Asgardians and Frost Giants.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 657
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 1:32:56 PM   
Titanm21

I consider myself corrected

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 658
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 2:16:15 PM   
Marwood

quote:

Well that's just my interpretation of the events; I think only Feige, Branagh, Hemsworth and Thor's screenwriters could give you a solid answer of the events in that film

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 659
RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser - 2/3/2012 2:42:17 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

Well that's just my interpretation of the events; I think only Feige, Branagh, Hemsworth and Thor's screenwriters could give you a solid answer of the events in that film

Although still think the Hulks the hardest *Pow Pow Grrrrr

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Avengers - Superbowl Teaser Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI