Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Deliriously Entertaining

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Deliriously Entertaining Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deliriously Entertaining - 28/3/2011 4:24:22 PM   
sanchia

I thought it was quite a decent film with a relatively realistic approach, until the ending when they added the rocket pack. The sheer stupidity of it all just made the film nosedive in my opinion at that point.

A 3/5

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to BobM70)
Post #: 241
Fresh, Daring and Instantly likeable - 20/8/2011 11:48:51 PM   
trainedasninja

Despite what you might expect, Kick-Ass isn't as interesting as you hoped and isn't as loveable as Scott Pilgrim versus the world released later that year. That said, there is reason for such praise, it is at times funny and exciting entertainment which seems destined for some iconic status. As for Hit-Girl shes the best thing in this. So much so, that the character as well as Nicholas Cage's Big Daddy outshine everyone else. Not to say that they arent bad, the acting is fine. Yet the viewer may find themselves waiting for them to be on screen. They also provide the best action in all its tarontino-esque violent glory. However where the film really excels is its stylish, daring and fun take on the superhero genre with such brilliant awareness

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 242
What A Film - Excellent - 7/1/2012 1:48:03 PM   
ryanchallenger

Top Acting, Good Plot, And I Fell In Love With Chloe Moretz !!!!

Kick On Number 2

Post #: 243
What A Film - Excellent - 7/1/2012 1:48:04 PM   
ryanchallenger

Top Acting, Good Plot, And I Fell In Love With Chloe Moretz !!!!

Kick On Number 2

Post #: 244
good but - 1/2/2012 12:59:18 AM   
chrisharvey1551

liked the idea this film tried to go not sure a second is needed as nic cage died and would recommend worth a watch however after watching scott pilgrim vs the world sorry kick ass you would take second plac

Post #: 245
RE: good but - 1/5/2012 4:31:26 PM   
Jasper_29

The film seems to ridicule unbelievable comic book movies like Batman, then turns into the most ridiculous action movie of the year. Strange. I was loving the movie until Red Mist was introduced. It was all downhill from there...

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man..."

(in reply to chrisharvey1551)
Post #: 246
RE: good but - 1/5/2012 5:06:44 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The only things I liked about this film were:
Cage
and looking at John Romita Jr Artwork.

(in reply to Jasper_29)
Post #: 247
- 10/6/2012 3:50:16 AM   
Gears of Kong

One of the funniest films i've seen, brilliant fight scenes, Nicolas Cage, Chloe Grace Moretz, Mark Strong and Aaron Johnson are all fantastic in the film.

Post #: 248
Kick-Ass - 18/6/2012 5:01:13 AM   
norgizfox

Some will find it highly offensive, while others will immediately want to sign themselves up on the cult list. Not for the faint of heart, but Kick-Ass is violent, hilarious, moving and outrageous. Its postmodern script is translated to screen amazingly by its great cast and irresistible humor.

Post #: 249
Terrific entertainment - 18/3/2013 7:55:45 PM   
Mr Gittes

For the most part I really like this movie. I would love it if it weren't for the somewhat unnecessary VoiceOver, the ugly vibe I get from the scene where the Kick-Ass impersonator gets capped, and - as I've come to expect from Matthew Vaughn movies - the pretty crap special effects. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT the kind of filmgoer who considers that a serious flaw in a movie. It's the CGI blood in particular that really annoys me and often takes me out of the film (it's just a personal thing - I love my old school squibs).

Anyway, those are pretty much the only things stopping me from giving this five stars, and they're pretty small so go figure; it's an excellent movie and I'm a nit-picking bugger.

P.S. My favourite thing in this movie is Nicolas Cage. Was soooooooo great to see him this good again (and then again with Bad Lieutenant).

Post #: 250
Five stars for this??? Honestly. - 17/8/2013 8:38:22 PM   
G MAN

Even 4 would be very generous. How can be it ridiculously entertaining when it's same old fare we've all seen umpteen times before? Cut-cut-cut, slow-mo/speed up/slo speed up/flying through the air/tons of badly aimed bullets/rip-off Matrix and John Woo etc. I don't see anything special about this, the only USP it seems to attempt is "How would trying to be a superhero pan out in reality?" but it soon plunges into a daft fantasy world that's no different from any other superhero movie. It felt like it was aimed at 12 year olds but with added 15-certificate crudeness and cartoon violence (unoriginal cartoon violence by the way) of course loads of 12 year olds will still get to watch it anyway. I feel quite bored with comic book movies now.

< Message edited by G MAN -- 17/8/2013 8:51:33 PM >

Post #: 251
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Deliriously Entertaining Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI