Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: AWESOME!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: AWESOME!!!! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AWESOME!!!! - 27/3/2010 7:12:49 PM   
kenada_woo

double post

< Message edited by kenada_woo -- 28/3/2010 5:31:04 PM >

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Squave)
Post #: 91
RE: AWESOME!!!! - 27/3/2010 10:21:26 PM   
benskelly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squave

Again, apologies for not quoting. As i've been following the aforementioned 'in your face' coverage in EMPIRE I was very aware of Kick Ass from the beginning, However, when I mentioned it to most of my friends who didn't know about it and only have knowledge through what they've seen on television they see a teenager in a super hero costume and McLovin falling down some steps and they all thought it was Superhero Movie 2. Don't take me literally on that by the way. I still believe that the film won't do good business, having just left the screening an hour ago I really hope I stand corrected as I loved every second of it, I thought it was absolutely brilliant. However, I can still see the view point that a lot of people might have: 'Whats it about?' - A guy that tries to actually become a super hero for real, like with no super powers at all. (Doesn't appeal to many over 25's really). Who would I know that's in it? - well Nic Cage is in it, and erm, McLovin from Superbad. (On recent form the mention of those 2 would turn off most film fans). I could counter argue by saying that theres loads of violence, swearing and its basically gangsters vs. superheros... 'But most of this is from an 11 year old? Like Spy Kids?...'

Ive heard Matthew Vaughn say that he hopes that it finds an audience, and I really really hope it does because I had high, high expectations and it blew them away, but I really dont see it finding a market to make it the big success it deserves to be. This isnt necessarily a bad thing, it could in fact be the Fight Club for a new generation.

This movie is going to be HUGE.  H-U-G-E.  Did I spell that right? ;)

And the best part is it's going to blind side America because other than us devoted movie geeks nobody here really knows about it yet, or about the purple-wigged foulmouthed 11 year-old punch it packs.

Last I checked it was at 100% on RT and all those reviews will make a great full-page ad in the New York Times.

Expect this film to be all the rage in 10-9-8-7... 

(in reply to Squave)
Post #: 92
RE: Soooo - 28/3/2010 1:12:46 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R
 emotional when you don't expect,

So True.  I don't think I've ever been emotionally moved in such a way by a gun fight before.

This was totally brilliant.  There were people laughing and gasping in all the right places, some people even applauded at the end.  Scott Pilgrim has a lot to live up to now.

Nic Cage's Adam West, was totally awesome.

Loved it.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 93
RE: Kick-Ass - 28/3/2010 3:07:47 AM   
Gothmog

Saw it and loved it in Newcastle tonight - and at the end, the 'disposal' of the Mark Strong character elicited applause from the audience!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 94
RE: Blown away. Go see... - 28/3/2010 5:32:34 AM   
billythehick

I went to see it with a fellow nerd, we came out of the screening raving at the awesome,and ten minutes later were in a heated debate about everything that's wrong with the genre.

my personal reaction to the film was slightly coloured by what I know about the lead actor's personal life (he has a 43-year-old pregnant fiancee, and he's 19) coupled with how hot his girlfriend is in the film, coupled with the fact that they have outdoor sex in broad daylight in the film.... all coupled with with my own punishingly endless celebacy.

I'm gonna go strangle myself with my own cock.

we musn't dwell. no, not today. WE CAN'T! not on rex manning day!

hey, how come my glass is empty?

"with collosal capacity comes considerale culpibility!"

hey, how come my glass is full?
Post #: 95
Kick-Ass - 29/3/2010 12:18:54 AM   
gamma1981

**adds Kick-Ass blu-ray next to Dark Knight, Shawshank, Austin Powers 2 on the 'Legendary' shelf**

(in reply to Gothmog)
Post #: 96
RE: Insanely entertaining - 29/3/2010 1:41:16 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: platham42

Brilliantly directed, and played, the former producer of Guy Ritchie movies has now surpassed him. Loved the joke with the yellow Range Rover (Layer Cake).
Go see.

Vaughan has alays shown he has had far more talent than Ritchie, his work far outweighs Ritchie's on every level.
Post #: 97
RE: Kick-Ass - 29/3/2010 3:36:22 PM   
optimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

Well I hate to be one of the first to sound like an AICN board poster, but I didn't think it was thaaat fantastic.
Loads of the jokes seemed like the unused cast offs from other teen comedies such as Superbad, lots and lots of sequences/quotes scattered throughout that either literally borrowed from or parodied other superhero flicks, I was under the impression one of the main selling points of the comic/film was that it was so fresh and new, revitalising the stale genre, something totally different, yet the movie name checked almost every other comic book property out there Not enough Nic Cage, not enough action sequences and the ones that were there were fairly short and quite rapidly cut, and there was bit of a lull in the middle....
But even with the above whingy complaints I still enjoyed it, there were some great sequences dotted throughout, such as the internet broadcast towards the end, Kickass' first attempts at crime fighting and when Hit Girl turns up at the drug dealer's apartment. Lots of the jokes did hit their mark and Hollywood's newest go to bad guy, Mark Strong, was also really good. Ohh and it had a great soundtrack too.
But Empire's unbelievable hyping of the film kind of damaged the experience for me (Yes by all means hype away for upcoming big releases, it's expected, but this film had a whole new level of crazy hype), the way they were going on I was expecting something out of this freakin' world, so any faults became all the more apparent, and sadly for me it turned out just merely above average. I'd give it 3.5/5

Good points, pretty sums up my experience.

Haven't read the comic yet (wanted to before I saw the movie but didn't get the chance) so will be interesting to come back to it after doing that.

I do think the over-hype damaged my final experience though as, like captain, I went in expecting to be blown away and was just entertained (which is not a bad thing), but it's not my new favourite movie or even my new favourite superhero movie. It is however a good time at the cinema, which can be rare thesedays and I don't often venture out to one now that I have the awesomeness of blue-ray at home (on that note I will say that the print I saw wasn't all that great at my local Odeon).

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 98
RE: Kick-Ass - 29/3/2010 7:37:48 PM   
The Hooded Man

Latino Review say this film is tracking very poorly and isn't expected to do well, which is surprising considering I caught it at the weekend and really enjoyed it, not quite the masterpiece some would have us believe but definitely great fun to watch.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Gothmog)
Post #: 99
RE: Kick-Ass - 29/3/2010 9:26:22 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Latino Review say this film is tracking very poorly and isn't expected to do well, which is surprising considering I caught it at the weekend and really enjoyed it, not quite the masterpiece some would have us believe but definitely great fun to watch.

They've got it in for Mark Miller apparantly. Called him a overindulgent pissant.

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 100
RE: Kick-Ass - 29/3/2010 10:51:08 PM   
MI Cruise

really looking forward to watching this on Saturday, heard some good things and some bad but been careful so it's not been ruined for me.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 101
RE: Kick-Ass - 30/3/2010 10:10:48 AM   
The Hooded Man

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the hit it deserved to be because it's so edgy, apart from the formulaic finale. You can always tell if a film is ahead of the pack if there are a slew of imitators and I can imagine just that happening here.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 102
RE: Kick-Ass - 31/3/2010 10:11:51 AM   
lankeymarlon

I've seen it twice now and I'm still up for going to see it a 3rd time. The movie is great. I'm trying to get all my mates to go see it. I really hope this becomes a big hit because it deserves to be.

I guess I just have to sit tight and wait for the Blu-Ray release now. :(

< Message edited by lankeymarlon -- 31/3/2010 10:13:05 AM >

Twitter: @lankeymarlon

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 103
RE: - 1/4/2010 12:13:08 AM   
fugaziuk

Saw it today and I thought it was awesome! great action, lots of laugh out loud scenes -

SPOILER

liked the little piss take of product placement with the gigantic billboard for Claudia by Claudia Schiffer
Post #: 104
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 9:25:09 AM   
Scabby

**Spoilers**

I don't buy into hype at the best of times (I tend to feed my own hype, anyway) so the fact that Empire bent over backwards to point out how amazing this film is didn't really have an impact on me before seeing it. I have to say that while it was incredibly enjoyable, as someone else pointed out it cic had a bit of a lag in the middle. It started off great, the opening fights were really effective and set-up for a superhero that you actually feared the safety of - which, I can't say I've ever felt before. However, Kick-Ass doesn't really do much else after he meets Hit-Girl, so that gets abandoned pretty quickly.

I did think the rest of the film was well done. Particularly the FPS gunfight/live stream, which, was intense, emotional and completely sublime (although, the fire effects were a bit on the dodgy side) and it really had moments of great humour and action. However, I couldn't help but find it took a bit of a nosedive by the end. The Jetpack was stupid, I really didn't buy into that at all and totally took away from the scene. I also couldn't really buy McLovin as the big bad at the end; you just want to go up to him and squeeze his podgy cheeks!

It's a low 4/5 for me!

Off Topic: And I don't know if I was just unlukcy (my Vue is shit at the best of times) but the sound was incredibly loud! I mean, really loud to the point it was distracting. My girlfriend had to cover her ears. I don't think I should expect that from a massive cinema chain, especially given how much I have to pay to go these days. My Vue has also had the habit in the past of not filling up the cinema screen with the image, which baffles me!

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.
Post #: 105
The Incredible Suit says: - 1/4/2010 10:27:10 AM   
David Somerset

The first thing to say about Kick-Ass is that, even if you are f***ing British and a southern f***ing softie, you MUST pronounce it "Kick-Ass" and NOT "Kick-Arse". If you choose the latter pronunciation you just look like a f***ing arse.

That settled, I can tell you that Kick-Ass is a f***ing rare thing: a f***ing good movie released in 2010, officially the worst f***ing year for films, like, for f***ing ever.

It's fun, it's funny, it's f***ing violent and it's got an 11-year-old potty-mouthed girl kicking the f***ing bejesus out of every motherf***er she comes by, and - to add f***ing insult to injury - calling them really f***ing rude names. I think as well as a stunt double she must have had a f***ing swear double to drop all those f***ing f-bombs for her.

In fact Chloe Moretz, as Hit Girl, is the best f***ing thing about Kick-Ass. The rest of the cast are fine - even Nicolas f***ing Cage is watchable, and the McLovin guy sensibly doesn't just do the f***ing McLovin thing all over again - but Moretz is f***ing ace. I did come over a bit Daily f***ing Mail when she was flinging a butterfly knife around, because I'm not entirely sure if it's OK to glamourise knives like that, but maybe I'm just being an old f***er.

Anyway despite some f***ing uncomfortable lurches from comic-book violence to f***ing brutal beatings and stabbings, and a f***ing terribly directed rescue scene featuring an epilepsy-inducing strobe light, Kick-Ass is the most entertaining f***ing thing I've seen at the cinema this year. Although when its competition for that title is the likes of The F***ing Wolfman and Up In The F***ing Air, that's not much to f***ing shout about.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 106
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 11:38:45 AM   
tilly126

I went to see this film last night and thought it was genuinely inspiring and brilliantly done even though it is far from my preferred genre of movie! My full review (focussing mainly on Hit Girl) can be seen at . . . .

http://thewritersideoflife.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/my-new-favourite-heroine/

Absolutely fantastic! An absolute credit to Matthew Vaughn and Co.

Go see it! NOW!

Post #: 107
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 11:40:19 AM   
tilly126

I thought it was genius!!! Completely! And just wanted to share my own blog thoughts . . . .

http://thewritersideoflife.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/my-new-favourite-heroine/

Enjoy!

Post #: 108
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 1:01:18 PM   
R W

Director: Matthew Vaughn
Screenwriters: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn
Starring: Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Nicolas Cage, Chloe Grace Moretz, Mark Strong

Synopsis
Dave Lizewski (Johnson) is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a superhero, even though he has no powers, training or meaningful reason to do so. But when he encounters the dynamic duo Hit Girl (Moretz) and Big Daddy (Cage), he gets involved in a war between the vigilantes and a crime syndicate.

Review
“How come nobody’s tried to be a superhero?”, asked by Dave Lizewski to his nerdy friends, which they reply: “If anybody did that in real life, they get their ass kicked in a day”. That most certainly is true as this kid who is a post-modern interpretation of Peter Parker tries to fight crime but ends up waking up in a hospital.

Based on the comic book series by Mark Millar (the demented writer behind Wanted) and fan-favourite artist John Romita Jr., Matthew Vaughn’s latest feature is a comedic actioner that brings something new to comic book movies, just as Hot Fuzz did to cop movies. Kick-Ass is one that honours the films that came out of that genre without trying to make a spoof of it.

If you are familiar with the history of this film and the comic that it’s based upon, you will know that both were being developed at the same time. While Millar was still writing the issues, Vaughn and co-writer Jane Goldman was developing the script before knowing what the execution was going to be.

For the most part, the film stays true to what Millar had written, in terms of its witty dialogue (with comic references) and for all you bloodnuts out there, the film keeps the comic’s violent tone. However, Vaughn and Goldman do not a hundred percent follow the source material as they have created their own back story for Hit Girl and her Big Daddy and perhaps the most obvious: the execution of Dave’s friendship with the girl next door whilst posing as a homosexual.

This might sound so outrageous and over-the-top, and it is true, but thanks to the intelligence of the Layer Cake director, what Vaughn displays in this story of violence and vigilantism: both a brain and a heart. Vaughn has successfully adapted a demented comic book into a filmable piece with an European edge, featuring cartoon-like characters into three-dimensional human beings.

As someone who was considered for X-Men 3 (which would’ve been an interesting take) and the upcoming Thor, Matthew Vaughn has always wanted to do a comic book film and Kick-Ass definitely shows this passion as he has a strong visceral vision and brilliantly conducts these action sequences which are tough and violent and best of all, highly entertaining.

After seeing his acclaimed performance as John Lennon in Nowhere Boy, Aaron Johnson is on a roll and this is evidence. Johnson here is at best a handsome dweeb who believed his only superpower before becoming the title character is invisibility due to his population in school. If you think Johnson looks ridiculous in that green gimp-like suit, there is an essence of coolness by Christopher ’McLovin’ Mintz-Plasse as Red Mist, whose costume looks like Michael Jackson in Thriller.

However, the finest performances in the film are Nicolas Cage and newcomer Chloe Grace Moretz, who has become the surprising star of Kick-Ass. Cage has recently had his ups and downs, but he’s doing his best performance in years as Big Daddy who looks like Batman and speaking like the classic screen presence of Adam West. Now onto the eleven-year-old Hit Girl, who will be the one character everyone will discuss about as Chloe Grace Moretz is swearing and does the proper ass-kicking, and yet there is a delicateness that stays true to the persona of an eleven-year-old girl.

Verdict
While we’re waiting for the upcoming Iron Man 2, Kick-Ass is the strongest contender so far to be the finest action-packed piece of 2010. Also, it is the best superhero/comic book film since The Dark Knight.

Post #: 109
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 1:38:11 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

They've got it in for Mark Miller apparantly. Called him a overindulgent pissant.

They have him there.

(At least with regards to the majority of his comic book career)

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 110
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 5:54:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Kick ass is brillaint.  Hit girl is my new hero... there won't be a better film this year...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 111
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 8:32:58 PM   
Dr Lenera

Coming on like the comedy bastard son of Spiderman and Watchmen, Kick Ass isn't quite the stunningly sharp and original take on the superhero subgenre that you may have been led to believe, but it is fantastic fun.  There will no doubt be better films this year, there may already have been, but probably none as purely entertaining and certainly none as funny.  The laughs come thick and fast, from pisstakes of superheroes to helarious and well timed lines, many of the best of which are delivered by a villainous [again] Mark Strong impeccably.  Of course it's not all  humour and Kick Ass juggles several shifts in tone really expertly without becoming jarring, this may be a comedy at heart, but there is plenty of seriousness and even tragedy, all of which works because we really care about these characters.  Director Matthew Vaughn stumbles a bit on the action, which is usually just consists of Kick Ass or Hit Girl or Big Daddy gorily dispatching loads of bad guys.  The Matrix-like end gunfight [which climaxes with the best  "hell yeah"! moment in ages] works well but all the other sequences are over far too quickly and are over edited so you can't see clearly what's going on [as usual these days].  Still, at times the film does have a manic energy and the performances are spot on all round, especially Nicolas Cage, who seems to be imitating Adam West, as the slightly disturbed Big Daddy.  The relationship between him and his daughter is both blackly funny and very touching at the same time and is actually in danger of being more memorable then the main story.  The even-more-derivative-then-it-needs-to-be score by Ila Eshkari is very mediocre and a couple   of times copies almost exactly a theme from the 28 Days films-Eshkari did the same thing in Stardust with an almost identical copy of a theme from Bram Stoker's Dracula-how the hell does he get away with this crap?  The rather left field mixture of songs, from The Prodigy to Mika to Sparks, which often back up the action works very well indeed though.  Kick Ass is two hours of pure guilty pleasure and show that Vaughn has become a much better filmmaker then his early mentor Guy Ritchie.

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 1/4/2010 8:59:20 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 112
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 9:00:10 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera
it is fantastic fun.

That's my review.  I simply had a great time.
Alright I loved the film ... but maybe i'm getting a little old ... but it was quite violent wasn't it? Surprised it hasn't caused more of a stir.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 113
RE: Kick-Ass - 1/4/2010 9:34:32 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

SPOILER

Did anyone else think it was a bit too telegraphed what the special package Big Daddy had ordered was? Still cool though.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 114
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 10:34:07 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Kick-Ass (2010)
The belly laugh is one of those wonders of the world. An uncontrollable and sometimes frightening phenomenon, I have seen better men than myself cry (real tears), fart, cough up beverages from the nose and in one unfortunate case, piss themselves laughing. There have been two incidents where my dad laughed so hard during a movie that he had to leave the room with the fear that he might have a 'scanners' experience. One featured in the Blues Brothers had Dan Akroyd's Elwood do a hand break backward somersault in the Blues Mobile while the pursuing Nazi car speeds off the impossibly high break in the bridge andone had Woody Allen's android butler fight of a monstrous serving of instant whip pudding in The Sleeper. Fortunately for me, Kick-Ass has one such scene in it. So as not to waste it for you all, it mocks the big budget, CGI 'payoff shot'. An example of which would be the ludicrous CGI punch up between Tom Cruise and Jon Voight at the end of Mission Impossible. Kick-Ass sticks two fingers up at CGI effects and you will find very little evidence of it during the many exciting, sometimes exhilarating and original (see the pitch black scrap) action set-pieces.
You can relax folks as this is the real deal. This is visually slick enough to stand with the countless mega budget blockbusters that will follow yet, inside, it is strongly independent with its abrupt shifts in tone (light to serious), humour (impeccably black to slapstick and back again) and emotions (you will root for these characters and care for whether the live or die).
A story is only as good the characters. Aaron Johnson, as Kickass, is full of innocent energy and goofy charm. Christopher Mintz-Plasse does incredibly well with the awkward character of Red Mist. Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage) and Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz - a revelation) naturally steal the show. By using them sparingly, when they do appear they take the movie to new levels of brilliance. If Bill Murray had the greatest cameo of 2009, then Cage undoubtedly has the gong for 2010. He is right on the money with his unhinged performance as Big Daddy.
I misjudged where this movie was going after 20 minutes and it proved to much more. The final quarter is tension filled and ultra violent. I have rarely enjoyed myself at the cinema this much in a long time. The experience is made all the better by the fantastic soundtrack. Yet what takes this a notch above its superhero competitors is the range of emotions that you will feel including excitement, sadness, laughter and much more. It can disorientate the viewer but pull it off when it really shouldn't. DJ said the preview audience at his cinema left with smiles on their faces and I did too. It is the first flick of 2010 that I can say with confidence that no one on this thread should miss. Go see it now, it really does (sorry) kick ass!! This is the bar that the rest of 2010 will have to better -bring it on!!! 8/5/10

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 115
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 1:14:48 PM   
BishopQuaker

I don;t think I've seen a film this good since The Dark Knight.

For sheer enjoyment Kick Ass is head and shoulders above what I've seen recently.
It's only the 2nd film I've seen in my life where the audience have spontaneously applauded what they saw!

I love it more the more I hear people complaining about it (namely the Daily Mail).
It's pure escapism, it's hilarious and exactly what I needed.

If it hasn't been given 5 stars by the film magazine we love, I will go round to the reviewer's house on their birthday and break wind in their kitchen.

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 116
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 2:38:21 PM   
Tosschops

Tookey is being his reasonable self again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-1262948/Kick-Ass-Dont-fooled-hype--This-crime-cinema-twisted-cynical-revels-abuse-childhood.html

The only person in the world who can link the actions of Hit Girl to peados.  Makes you wonder if Tookey is the one aroused by her.....

I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you.....Stranger.

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 117
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 3:56:04 PM   
captainrentboy

^^ Hysterical review from The Daily Mail there, and surely you have to wonder/slightly worry how the reviewer's twisted mind works with regards to children onscreen, because he seems really wrapped up in how sexual and seductive Hit Girl was was...... Really? When I watched it all I remember is an ultra violent little girl in a purple wig/school uniform who swore like a trooper, that, as opposed to some sort of underaged sex object, which is the image this guy just couldn't seem to shake. Fucking pathetic review which rather ironically will only lead to more people going to see it.

Post #: 118
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 7:34:20 PM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tosschops

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-1262948/Kick-Ass-Dont-fooled-hype--This-crime-cinema-twisted-cynical-revels-abuse-childhood.html

The only person in the world who can link the actions of Hit Girl to peados.  Makes you wonder if Tookey is the one aroused by her.....

Hit-girl is violent and potty mouthed, that was part of the fun, but how is she sexually aggressive? I must've missed that.

None of the comments agree with him either

< Message edited by benmharper -- 2/4/2010 7:36:52 PM >

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Tosschops)
Post #: 119
RE: Kick-Ass - 2/4/2010 7:59:00 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tosschops

Don't be fooled by the hype: This crime against cinema is twisted, cynical, and revels in the abuse of childhood

Christ! Its like we're still back in the 1990's! The editor of the Daily Mail must really feel embarrassed that the paper still has the label of "ban this filth!" and scaremongering. I remember last year it was Anitchrist...and the feller who wrote for it to be banned hadnt even seen the film!

Im sure they still print that stuff for a joke....Yeah, Im sure they're just joking....I think...

(in reply to Tosschops)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: AWESOME!!!! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI