Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy - 20/1/2010 1:01:43 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 20/1/2010 1:01:43 AM   
hatebox

Hmm.. Joseph Gordon Levitt could be a serious contender for Parker then...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 20/1/2010 1:05:08 AM   
dollimon

The jury's got to be out on whether or not he can direct action hasn't it? I will approach it open-minded though and see what he does character-wise. Any chance of a decent Mary-Jane?

Post #: 3
wait to see how the first film performs... - 20/1/2010 1:09:08 AM   
opportunemoment

In terms of the money, maybe, but actually I wouldn't say that was essential at all... even if Spidey 4/1 does badly, spidey 5/2 and 6/3 could tempt in audiences who couldn't be bothered to see the origin story again (like for instance me unless they do something spectacularly interesting with it) with all new villains etc. As long as they didn't do anything in 4/1 to irretrievably mess up for the future installments, like horrible casting they're contracted to stick with or something, more movies in the franchise might not be a terrible idea.

< Message edited by opportunemoment -- 20/1/2010 1:10:02 AM >

Post #: 4
oops - 20/1/2010 1:10:36 AM   
opportunemoment

Doublepost fail, sorry

< Message edited by opportunemoment -- 20/1/2010 1:11:57 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: - 20/1/2010 1:31:34 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: dollimon

The jury's got to be out on whether or not he can direct action hasn't it? I will approach it open-minded though and see what he does character-wise. Any chance of a decent Mary-Jane?

While it isn't exactly Superman flying through the air, this sequence shows that he knows how to direct action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KUOQOlt8E

I like Webb's appointment. As I've said in a few other threads in (500) Days of Summer he's made a better film than anything Raimi has ever put out.

(in reply to dollimon)
Post #: 6
ARSE. - 20/1/2010 3:53:52 AM   
Snake-Eyes

FUCKING CUNTY BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!! 500 DAYS OF SUMMER is one of the WORST pieces of celluloid shit I've ever endured! ah, to hell with this.

Post #: 7
Spider bollocks - 20/1/2010 7:01:55 AM   
Quolm

Weirdly just watched (500) Days of Summer (at 4.30 in the morning). I couldn't sleep and I had it from Lovefilm. Thought it was overrated. Webb seemed to do well at what Sam Raimi did badly; the schmaltz. But, yeah, action? Who knows? I doubt it. Not loving the idea at the moment. Think they should can it for a few years until the time's right then bring back Spiderman with someone else. Maybe an older Spiderman?

Post #: 8
Stupid Sony - 20/1/2010 7:57:35 AM   
bdeji

After Drag Me To Hell i really felt Raimi had his mojo back and that his Spider-man 4 was ganna be great, Spider-man 3 was bad but not Re-boot bad. I can't get excited about this. 500 days was mildly entertaining but i'm not sure Webb is right for the job, Even tho his name implies it.

Post #: 9
Shit! Im not happy - 20/1/2010 8:13:17 AM   
RZfilmfan

Post #: 10
Im not happy - 20/1/2010 8:14:49 AM   
RZfilmfan

$80,000,000? for spiderman? when the last was $240mil? im happy with a new director i think he could bring flare. But theyre going to loose sooooo much money on this. I have a feeling this is going to kill the franchise.

Post #: 11
2010...year of really baad reboots and sequels - 20/1/2010 8:37:55 AM   
daddymummy

I thought Mendez doing Bond 23 was bad enough.. but (500) days of summer was just a boring load of hollywood (style) tosh, and to base the future of spider-man movies on the Ultimate spider-man universe.. oh dear

Post #: 12
RE: 2010...year of really baad reboots and sequels - 20/1/2010 9:15:39 AM   
hatebox

I can't help but think that Sony believe they're hiring their very own Nolan for this reboot business. But when it came to it Nolan was very successful at making two big in feel Batman films. Can Webb I wonder?

(in reply to daddymummy)
Post #: 13
RE: 2010...year of really baad reboots and sequels - 20/1/2010 9:16:41 AM   
JIm R

High School Musical does Spidey..... er no thanks

This all sounds like an unmigated disaster with Sony knowing they've fucked up with Raimi and trying to appease a market that Spiderman does not belong in.

(Jim shaking his head), sad, sad day.......

(in reply to daddymummy)
Post #: 14
- 20/1/2010 9:16:50 AM   
Leeorami 2.0

God i've had enough of films about teenagers.

Post #: 15
Teenage angst - 20/1/2010 9:16:59 AM   
Funk_Knight

Still riding the buffey/smallville gravy train huh? We'll have to see. 500 days of summer was good, not bad nor awesome. This is a great opportunity for the director but come 2012 will the high-school thing still be working? We'll have ta see, but I am fininding it difficult to get excited about this.

Post #: 16
BLAH BLAH BLAH! FANBOY COCK BABBLE - 20/1/2010 9:23:24 AM   
fuzzcaminski

I WATCHED (500) DAYS OD SUMMER AND THOUGHT THE TITLE WAS AN UTTER LIE, I EXPECTED A FILM ABOUT AN EXTENDED HEATWAVE AND INSTEAD GOT A RELATIONSHIP DRAMA! THIS FILM IS GOING FAIL EVEN THOUGH IT HASN'T EVEN GONE IN TO PRODUCTION YET, NO ONE HAS HAD A CHANCE TO SEE EVEN A STILL, WHAT WITH IT NOT BEING IN PRODUCTION YET AS I JUST MENTION, AND I ALSO HEARD THAT WEBB LIKES COCK AND SLAUGHTERS FLUFFY LITTLE BUNNY RABBITS AND LAMBS!

THE UTTER SHITTER!

Fuck off and get a life you sad fanboy pricks

Post #: 17
RE: BLAH BLAH BLAH! FANBOY COCK BABBLE - 20/1/2010 9:34:23 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzcaminski

I WATCHED (500) DAYS OD SUMMER AND THOUGHT THE TITLE WAS AN UTTER LIE, I EXPECTED A FILM ABOUT AN EXTENDED HEATWAVE AND INSTEAD GOT A RELATIONSHIP DRAMA! THIS FILM IS GOING FAIL EVEN THOUGH IT HASN'T EVEN GONE IN TO PRODUCTION YET, NO ONE HAS HAD A CHANCE TO SEE EVEN A STILL, WHAT WITH IT NOT BEING IN PRODUCTION YET AS I JUST MENTION, AND I ALSO HEARD THAT WEBB LIKES COCK AND SLAUGHTERS FLUFFY LITTLE BUNNY RABBITS AND LAMBS!

THE UTTER SHITTER!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA.....(twat!)

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to fuzzcaminski)
Post #: 18
RE: BLAH BLAH BLAH! FANBOY COCK BABBLE - 20/1/2010 9:35:40 AM   
fuzzcaminski

You're welcome, glad some people have a sense of humour

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 19
RE: Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy - 20/1/2010 9:43:52 AM   
Kazuya

Young Spidey (and the Quest for Twilight Audience)

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 20
Who the hell... - 20/1/2010 9:44:01 AM   
messiah1967

wants to watch two hours of teen angst? There's plenty of them hanging around Mc-D's and coffee shops all over the world, go and watch them for F**ks sake.
Had a sinking feeling the whole time I read this article...

Post #: 21
- 20/1/2010 9:45:49 AM   
odddaze

Terrible choice, the dude made one shitty movie, he gets a franchise.

Post #: 22
RE: BLAH BLAH BLAH! FANBOY COCK BABBLE - 20/1/2010 9:46:02 AM   
TheSpleen

Not saying he's a bad director but he's directed a Green Day music vid and a few other bits, would have preferred a bit more experience in a director who has at least 4 films under his belt. Haven't seen 500 days even though i'm a HUGE JGL fan because the trailer looks awful. Still say Sam Raimi was the right man for the job. Oh well.

Post #: 23
ooooo more teenage angst (oh Bollocks!) - 20/1/2010 10:06:31 AM   
janusjanus

so spidey is the outsider at high school. joins glee club, falls in love (from a distance), sings, spend all his time 'whacking his web' behind the bike sheds, gets spots.......oh, and this one time, at band camp.....
At least the other films had appeal to people over 18 - please, give us some hope of a decent villian! the vulture???? oh for gods sake, wheres carnage when you need him?

Post #: 24
RE: BLAH BLAH BLAH! FANBOY COCK BABBLE - 20/1/2010 10:10:48 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzcaminski

THE UTTER SHITTER!

I am a sad fanboy prick, with enough capacity to let myself go and enjoy stuff, indulge in making comments with more than a tinge of 'of course I got hired for this, it would rule' while also doing my own writing that has jack shit to do with that kind of naive dreamworld bollocks a site like this provides an outlet for. In addition to my own writing I encourage others to write, have directed some of them in performances (be they performancee poetry shows or plays) and when absolutely necessary, even though I don't enjoy it, I step an and play parts in pieces written by myself and/or others.

Maybe others comment on this site in tandem with having aspirations of creating their own work and may even be making moves in that direction to make their aspirations more than pipe dreams. Maybe some people simply comment out of love for/distaste at what they watch and don't create their own stuff, but who cares? People just get moved to comment on what they view for whatever reason and it is not incompatible with having a life, just as people talking about football, cars, or whatever aren't necessarily fan boy pricks with no life.

And getting on topic, is a reboot necessary? Probably not. Will initial reactions to Raimi's departure (whether positive or negative) fade and people who like the character of spiderman be excited about seeing the next one whatever rumours come out that cause people to anticipate it being a load of shit before the hype machine kicks into overdrive and a director with something to prove/a job to justify delivers the end result?

Of motherfucking course. And people signed up to this website (something by itself enough to make some people refer to other people as sad fanboy pricks, regardless of the comments they post) will have their say, just cause they wanna, whether they have lives or not.

And the(weak) joke is probably out there already, but let's hope the new director hasn't been hired for this project because his name is, like, Webb, and somebody thought that would be like, funny

It's a bit early to say whether the director is a good or bad choice, but given how much can be gotten away in a 12 movie these days, there's plenty of of scope for Peter Parker to be eaten up by the guilt he feels for accidentally causing the death of his uncle and for that to find expression on the screen via a darker tone without losing the Spideyness of the whole thing.

And let's not forget, the story is supposed to be driven by that guilt, its the whole reason Spidey does what he does (which is where there is potential for making tougher/harsher movies springs from). And let's not forget that Raimi destroyed that character motivation by having a different character responsible for Ben's death in S3.

Maybe Webb will make better Spidey films. Maybe the high school angle will suck an inordinate amount of arse orifice. We'll just have to see. And by doing so, which we will, even an utter festival of ballsuckery will made loads. So i'll think I'll try to hope for the best.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 20/1/2010 10:20:47 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 25
RE: Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy - 20/1/2010 10:13:55 AM   
captainrentboy

I wasn't actually massively pissed off that they were rebooting the series, even though it would've been nice to give Raimi another shot with full creative control, but the news that is leaking about the reboot isn't exactly filling me with hope. I watched 500 days of summer the other day and thought it was merely alright, not the awesome film most reviews are making it out to be and certainly not the 'laugh out loud riot' that's being mentioned on the TV adverts (I think I laughed maybe twice). So Webb being the director is a pretty odd and uninteresting choice in my opinion. That budget is pretty darn miniscule too, with the whoppers the other three had they could only just get a passable Spidey swinging through the streets, what the hell's it going to look like on a third of the budget? And then the biggest concern, two hours of teeny angst!!?! I have a horrible feeling they're going to be aiming this flick straight at the Twilight crowd, Ugghhh.

And I'm done whinging

Post #: 26
RE: Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy - 20/1/2010 10:17:23 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

I have a horrible feeling they're going to be aiming this flick straight at the Twilight crowd, Ugghhh.

Exactly, see my earlier comment

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 27
Well then... - 20/1/2010 10:17:38 AM   
cliff126

Hmm may have to give it a shot, although the teenage angst seems a bit shite to me. It shoulda been quit altogether, I really don't see a point in rebooting : P On the bright side, at least Raimi has more time to work on Warcraft now!

Post #: 28
RE: Well then... - 20/1/2010 10:21:44 AM   
TheSpleen

Hope JGL doesn't become spidey, he spent so many years carving out a respectable career!

(in reply to cliff126)
Post #: 29
RE: Well then... - 20/1/2010 10:29:26 AM   
jobloffski

Warcraft? Fucking WARCRAFT? As in World of Warcraft?

If so, that's the kind of thing that could make me negate my previous post with 'sad no life prick' comments, because I've never seen what the big wow about that sort of online game is. But each to their own.

Big wow...see what I did there

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to cliff126)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marc Webb Directing New Spider-Trilogy Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI