Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fourth Trip To Jurassic Park Planned

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fourth Trip To Jurassic Park Planned Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fourth Trip To Jurassic Park Planned - 14/1/2010 5:19:33 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Silly idea - 14/1/2010 5:19:33 PM   
Mr Grizzly

Hollywood continues to show it's complete lack of originality - why not just reboot it?! Will it be the ridiculous " GM - dinosaur-commandoes" idea that's been floating around the net for a few years now?!

To be fair, its a fairly unique idea - just completely bonkers.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Silly idea - 14/1/2010 5:19:41 PM   
Mr Grizzly

Hollywood continues to show it's complete lack of originality - why not just reboot it?! Will it be the ridiculous " GM - dinosaur-commandoes" idea that's been floating around the net for a few years now?!

Post #: 3
Silly idea - 14/1/2010 5:19:46 PM   
Mr Grizzly

Post #: 4
completely different huh? - 14/1/2010 5:22:05 PM   
Ambition

Not just because there's a market for it I hear you say. Why then, might I ask, is it called Jurassic Park IV!!! Why isn't it a completely new movie about dinosaurs!?

Post #: 5
Closer to the Books...? - 14/1/2010 5:24:37 PM   
crazymoviesdude

As much as I really love the first film, and yes, I really liked Lost World too, I would actually really like to see a kind of reboot. This doesn't have take anything away from the originals, they can coexist.

I don't mean reimagine it, what I'd like to see is a pair of films which are far closer to the books, because I think with the right director, they could be fantastic. I understand that changes were made to make things more cinematic, and to make leaner, less sciency films, but each time I read them, I'm hit by how cinematic the books actually are, and with today's technology, they could be brought to life brilliantly.

< Message edited by crazymoviesdude -- 14/1/2010 5:29:32 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: - 14/1/2010 5:39:47 PM   
mystra

YESSSSS!!!!!

a second trilogy sounds great, i'd rather see that than a reboot of the original, JP is on the untouchable list when it comes to reboots. Mr DNA will turn in his petri dish and not because that robot egg tuning hand thing got him.

at least if a 'second trilogy' turns out crap it's no big deal..and 2nd trilogy sounds better than JP number 4...even tho that's what they're calling it....hang on a min....

I just want to see dinosaurs RAWR!!!!!

Raptor commandos? and what is wrong with that i ask you!!??

(in reply to crazymoviesdude)
Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 14/1/2010 5:42:30 PM   
Zatoichi

Rip Joe Johnson from the fabric of this T-shirt and I'll give a damn.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

(in reply to mystra)
Post #: 8
dino-soldier no-no - 14/1/2010 5:46:18 PM   
Suverlo

lets just hope isn't referring to the god-awful "mutant dino-soldiers" script that was rumoured online about a year ago ...

Post #: 9
Bad Idea. - 14/1/2010 6:04:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Michael Crichton (R.I.P.) was the creator of JURASSIC PARK and together with one Mr. Spielberg, they created the Perfect Summer Blockbuster - the sequels were tolerable but were also kinda stretched thin by the time we hit JURASSIC PARK III. Leave it. There is no need.

Post #: 10
RE: Bad Idea. - 14/1/2010 6:17:10 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Michael Crichton (R.I.P.) was the creator of JURASSIC PARK and together with one Mr. Spielberg, they created the Perfect Summer Blockbuster - the sequels were tolerable but were also kinda stretched thin by the time we hit JURASSIC PARK III. Leave it. There is no need.

Dinosaurs running amok and eating people- theres the need. As entertaining as some films are, theres only so much entertainment value you can squeeze out of them. Personally, I would love to see more irritating bastards I want to kill myself, being eaten and killed by dinosaurs! Much satisfaction for me to be had!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 11
really? - 14/1/2010 6:22:10 PM   
hellsfoxes

all this time after the shitty third film and joe johnston is STILL attached to direct.... DISAPPOINTING!

Post #: 12
- 14/1/2010 6:26:35 PM   
lona_no_friends

BIg Hollywood Execs: "Hmmm... the first one was good, but the other two were cack... what do we do?..
Joe Johnston: "Well if you like I could make three more utterly cack films, to make the first trilogy look amazing. Sound good?"
Big Hollywood Execs: "Knock yourself out mate, here's shitloads of money"
The End

Post #: 13
Oh God - 14/1/2010 6:38:49 PM   
Knight of Fury

For one I'm very suspicious about it being 'unlike anything you've seen.' It'll be a family-friendly action/horror only this time it'll be in 3D. I'm not really all that enthusiastic about Wolfman either. This does not bode well for the Cap movie.

Post #: 14
It's so obvious... - 14/1/2010 6:41:51 PM   
Justin Greene

Hmmm, I wonder will it be in 3D with lots of wondrous cgi beasties running around in an amazing jungle/forest setting...just like another movie out at the moment that's doing rather well. Is this making sense yet, people?

Post #: 15
3D on the way to killing cinema - 14/1/2010 7:05:48 PM   
SpiderBat

and gormless muppets willing to spend money on the pretence of seeing something in "bigvision" is the reason why. I saw District 9 and Watchmen on the big screen. The images, ideas and themes frazzled my retinas, maintained my brain, and blew me away, so take your 3D, sequals, remakes, and shove them up your ass.

Post #: 16
RE: It's so obvious... - 14/1/2010 7:07:09 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I couldn't care less about whether or not any 'new instalment' is in 3D - I'm such a huge fan of the original - it really was one of the greatest Summer Blockbuster Experiences of my life (sequels weren't too shabby either) and I just wish that UNIVERSAL and other studios would go after something original once in a while rather than 'resurrest' old franchises. But what do I know? it's all about money at the end of the day.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Justin Greene)
Post #: 17
In my opinion... - 14/1/2010 7:53:08 PM   
FoxDhoj

in the name of Crichton, they should start again! After reading the novel I realised how dumbed-down Spielberg's version was and that a more competent director could make a great, grittier, darker adaptation of the original novel - the whole chaos theory theme, and a much better story than any of the films have managed. The book is insantly cinematic, so why were the scripts completely different? I think a darker turn for the Jurassic Park franchise, a complete reboot/overhaul is in order. And possibly not from Joe Johnston.

Post #: 18
RE: In my opinion... - 14/1/2010 8:02:54 PM   
Justin Greene

I totally agree, Snake-Eyes.  I love Jurassic Park and am perfectly happy with Lost World.  JPIII is bloody awful so I don't count that.  I hate the idea of a much-imitated, former All-time BoxOffice Champion cowing down and hopping aboard the 3D bandwagon.  I don't like it, but in the wake of Avatar's success it's the most obvious franchise to re-start.  Expect to see a lot of these sorts of announcements in the coming year...unfortunately.

(in reply to FoxDhoj)
Post #: 19
Reboot - 14/1/2010 8:14:45 PM   
Kelzu

Must be a reboot. They just dont want to call it that. Like the Thing remake is called a prequel, when its a remake-that's why they want Macready's name in it, for trademark purposes presumably.

I didnt care too much for the Jurassic Park movies beyond the effects. The first one didnt have enough dinosaur action, and too much emphasis on bratty kids. Plus the ending was tacked on(T-rex sneaks up on velociraptors). Not to mention it was made during Spielberg's juvenile period, so he couldnt bring himself to kill a fellow director-thus Hammond didnt get his Frankenstein desserts. Plus, advertising and tie-in cards at the time made it sound like Westworld with dinosaurs, and showed triceratops attacking jeeps etc. A pre-opening tour with a few people just wasnt as exciting as if they had lots of tourists like an Irwin Allen movie. I thought Lost World was sloppy, but had a darker tone as Spielberg's first post-Schindler movie. He seemed disinterested in the material, as if these types of films were beneath him. But it had some injokes and irony (baby kills the bad guy) which i dont normally associate with Spielberg. Jurassic Park 3 was ok--I like how they turned Alan Grant's character into a recluse who was messed up by his first park visit. I suspect they will make it 3d. I think bad filmmaking/writing is what is killing Hollywood. They wont take chances with new material--and they employ gimmicks. Havent seen District 9 but it cannot possibly live up to the hype when it has been compared to Robocop, 2001 and Star Wars in some reviews. Plus I dont like shakycam movies, especially ones that are called original and yet are similar to Alien Nation in concept. Compared to Transformers or GiJoe it appears fresh. Watchmen was one of the most painful movie experiences I have had recently. It was like watching paint dry. Stiff. Slavish devotion to the source material doesnt always make a good movie.

< Message edited by Kelzu -- 14/1/2010 8:17:04 PM >

Post #: 20
Cant wait - 14/1/2010 9:14:44 PM   
Irvinmagno

Use to love it as a child

Post #: 21
Objects appear bigger in the rear view mirror. - 14/1/2010 11:20:23 PM   
arronskie

Unlike anything we`ve ever seen.......hmmmmmm (strokes chin).Would`nt mind seeing some ocean beasties attacking some underwater facility/ship/yaght/swimmers.....Also am i the only person apart from Steven Sp who enjoyed J3?

Post #: 22
I assume it will be in 3D? - 15/1/2010 12:05:36 AM   
thepluginbaby

Just so long as they leave the genetically engineered team of commando raptors out of it, I'm sure it'll be fine. Unless its about as good as Jurassic Park III in which case it'll be meh...

Post #: 23
Here Be Monsters - 15/1/2010 4:11:39 AM   
BenTramer

Joe Johnston made a really good sequel with Jurassic Park III, far better than the second entry. Glad to see he's calling the shots on the fourth one. It will be interesting to see how the CGI looks nearly two decades after the first one.

Post #: 24
RE: Fourth Trip To Jurassic Park Planned - 15/1/2010 8:23:09 AM   
mattdavies86

This seems to be a non-starter for me. Every year or so Johnston (why oh why is he still attached after the abysmal JP3?) or one of the producers come out and talk about but no real progress in terms of script, casting, etc.

The first one was incredible, 2nd one had its moments, while the 3rd was terrible and loaded with cheese. Please let this franchise rest.

Post #: 25
Re: Objects appear bigger in the rear view mirror. - 15/1/2010 1:02:17 PM   
Revstar

I agree: I enjoyed JP3 as well and heartily concur with your idea of underwater beasties. Some of those bastards were terrifying!

Post #: 26
whats next godfather 4 - 15/1/2010 2:09:33 PM   
geffery

seriously no this is just plain wrong surely jurassic park was one of those films that shouldnt be touched in any way remake or revisit for years yet. how more franchise has hollywood got to take and throw in the bin ju cause they to scared of investing in original films. this is a line that just shouldnt be crossed and a step once again to fa. DONT REVISIT A SERIES UNLESS THE ORIGINALS WHERE c*** TO BEGIN WITH (WHICH THIS WAS NOT) AND SECOND NO REMAKES UNLESS THE SERIES IS OVER 50 YEARS OLD AND EVEN THEN ONLY CERTAIN FILMS

Post #: 27
whats next godfather 4 - 15/1/2010 2:14:30 PM   
geffery

seriously no this is just plain wrong surely jurassic park was one of those films that shouldnt be touched in any way remake or revisit for years yet. how more franchise has hollywood got to take and throw in the bin ju cause they to scared of investing in original films. this is a line that just shouldnt be crossed and a step once again to fa. DONT REVISIT A SERIES UNLESS THE ORIGINALS WHERE c*** TO BEGIN WITH (WHICH THIS WAS NOT) AND SECOND NO REMAKES UNLESS THE SERIES IS OVER 50 YEARS OLD AND EVEN THEN ONLY CERTAIN FILMS

Post #: 28
Hmmm - 15/1/2010 2:18:56 PM   
jimoakley666

I've always thought Jurassic Park was the perfect film. I love it. I've loved it since I first saw it 9 times in the cinema as a kid and I still love it today.

But I'm unsure about this sequel news. Lost World could have been better (the last part let it down) and the third was good but, again, could have been better. I'd have rather they explored the factory more and actually found some of InGen's nasty little secrets as told in the Lost World novel.

Now. If they go down that stupid route they were talking with these follow ups, about with the mutant dino shite... pft... I'll ignore their very existence.

That is NOT Jurassic Park. It has nothing to do with the core concept. If they want to make THAT film then don't muddy the waters by slapping the JP logo on it. Call it GI Dino and run with THAT crowd of bullshit.

The only thing I would like to see in a JP sequel would be the original island in tatters. The visitor's centre, the gates, the ford explorers after 20 years of nature taking over. Those bright colourful theme park icons stranded in a true lost world. But you can't build a story around that.

I've no interest in dinos taking over the globe either. They couldn't do it any more than rats could take over the world. They are animals. A pest. Guns, poisons etc would take care of them in no time. Bang. dead.

That is also another story entirely. Not Jurassic Park, which is a hark back to King Kong, Conan Doyle's Lost World, and other old school adventure tales of a confined land of mystery. More Indiana Jones than Max Max.

I would be interested in a Predator style story of a team / army hunting or rather exterminating escaped Velociraptors in the South American jungle (only!) though. That could be fun.

Post #: 29
The real question here is... - 15/1/2010 6:32:07 PM   
drweir

I could not care less about how the plot, director, 2D or 3D or any of that is going to turn out. The only question that truly matters is this: Is Sam Neill going to be in it?

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fourth Trip To Jurassic Park Planned Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI