Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Five Stars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Five Stars Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 10:15:12 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

If I am...there's somthing very wrong....(I'm not)

Sorry man, I added 2 + 2 to get five (SATC + Eclipse)

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 61
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 10:20:53 AM   
The REAL Bozz

It's ok! Lol, although yeah I see what you mean. I'm off to see Predators later on in the week, so that combined with a Segall marathon may go some way to throw the balance back in favour of my maleness!!

Actually since your on here you could clear somthing up for me. In the final scenes of A Prophet who were the guys waiting outside the jail? Were they his crew who he had running things outside or are they supposed to be guys gonna jump him or what? I had to rewind that part, I couldn't make them out and it's buggin me now.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 62
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 10:45:29 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

It's ok! Lol, although yeah I see what you mean. I'm off to see Predators later on in the week, so that combined with a Segall marathon may go some way to throw the balance back in favour of my maleness!!

Actually since your on here you could clear somthing up for me. In the final scenes of A Prophet who were the guys waiting outside the jail? Were they his crew who he had running things outside or are they supposed to be guys gonna jump him or what? I had to rewind that part, I couldn't make them out and it's buggin me now.

They were his crew. For some reason that scene made much more sense when I saw it in the cinema (I think there must be a very subtle smirk from Malik or something, that isn't particularly obvious on a small screen).

Post #: 63
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 10:48:57 AM   
The REAL Bozz

The way the soundtrack went a bit omnious and he kept walking with the girl and kid I thought he was just staying with them so the blokes wouldn't attack. Ta for clearing that up!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 64
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 7:31:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

Why are you all talking about other films in this thread?

Post #: 65
RE: Five Stars - 5/7/2010 7:53:57 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Why are you all talking about other films in this thread?

Bozz said that A Prophet was derivative of many other films, which led to a comparison between A Prophet and a bunch of other flicks. Its a fairly standard way of critiquing a film, so I don't see the problem here. A few jokes were cracked at the expense of Bozz's recent spate of viewings too, but it was all in good fun.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 66
RE: Five Stars - 9/7/2010 12:04:54 PM   
filmburner30

Fantastic and original ,just as good as Mesrine and shows again how ace French Cinema is at the moment 

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

Post #: 67
RE: Five Stars - 10/7/2010 11:51:11 PM   
MI Cruise

I was disappointed by this movie, after hearing all the hype and the DVD cover claiming it was The Godfather meets Scarface I was expecting this to be amazing but what I thought afterwards was that it was just another prison movie and sure there were some parts that were good such as when he kills that dude with the razor and how the class system in the prison changes over the years but I thought that it was slightly pretentious especially the whole scene where he spots the deer sign before they hit one and I didnt understand the whole religious element to it such as the title. I did however like the fact that he sees the dead guy who he killed but the end shot ruined it, it could have been better.

3/5

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 68
A Prophet - 17/8/2010 10:18:43 AM   
Spacegoat

Really enjoyed this, though as the review says some of the more interesting ideas seem to have been largely left on the cutting room floor, there's still plenty in there to justify the five stars. Top notch performance from Tahar Rahim.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 69
- 13/11/2010 9:17:07 PM   
plum bob

Great performance and the central story, while at times complicated, is enthralling. It's just a shame that the directors want to include to many different themes results in the film losing its way at times.

Post #: 70
No substance just a typical crime thriller; BUT hey its... - 4/1/2011 3:52:41 PM   
Senton

I'm afraid this crime epic lacks a discernible protagonist, we never empathise or sympathis with him or his situation and Rahim's acting is pretty much down to three expressions. The title alludes to one incident where anyone who can read a sign could have foretold it...I mean c'mon Empire! Because its french it is praised but had it been American, NO sir. It would have been seen for the muddled, tedious and action packed tale it is instead of some inventive, realist drama.
PS I'm finding Empire in their old age have gone soft with their distribution of stars and often touch on the points I make. Editors need to smarten up!

Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Five Stars Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI