Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 22/4/2010 3:44:27 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Spoiler for tonight's episode seeing as I just saw it a few hours early but...(highlight for spoilers)

HOLY SHIT, they killed Hassan! I didn't see that coming

I saw that coming, I knew they were either going to be late or it was pre-recorded, only because there was about 2 minutes left
A great episode last night, Dana after being a pointless annoying character for half a day is now actually pretty good.
This series is actually very enjoyable IMO.

I agree, and I didnt see it coming either... I wonder where we go from here?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 151
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 23/4/2010 8:17:52 AM   
pedros

I didn't see it coming and was quite shocked. Good episode, though the dialogue in the Jack/Dana scene was abysmal.

I think Jack is really going to lose it now, we've got is it 8 episodes left? As it's the last series they need to end it with a bang so i reckon Jack is going to go truly apeshit with the guilt of failing Hassan and the President.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 152
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 23/4/2010 5:06:47 PM   
theoriginalcynic

And the worst season of 24 by far continues...I hope Jack does lose it because this season is forgettable.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 23/4/2010 5:07:02 PM >

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 153
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 12:32:02 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

And the worst season of 24 by far continues...I hope Jack does lose it because this season is forgettable.

Well with that comment you are certainly living up to your username.I think tis is one of the best seasons of the show EVER.Im on u.s speed so wont spoil it for you but you have no idea how angry Jack is gonna get.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 154
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 12:34:50 PM   
theoriginalcynic

One of the best? They've run out of ideas and they've been padding it out for ages.  Even Keifer said on Johnny Ross that the writers were struggling with the format...it shows.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 155
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 1:02:40 PM   
darth silas

quote:

One of the best? They've run out of ideas and they've been padding it out for ages.  Even Keifer said on Johnny Ross that the writers were struggling with the format...it shows.

While i agree that the writers have recycled certain ideas and themes throughout the series,it is still far and away the best show on tv in my opinion.From episode 11 onwards this season has been absolutely fantastic.While its been action packed,its also done what i believe what 24 does best,bring up moral dilemmas that make you question what is the right course of action.Im on U.S speed right now and without giving away anything,Predident Taylor is forced to make a tough choice between justice and the greater good,and what Jack is facing upto right now...well,you have to see it..

< Message edited by darth silas -- 24/4/2010 1:03:33 PM >

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 156
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 1:50:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Best show on TV! Erm...Lost, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Vamp Diaries, Castle, Glee all better IMO

Post #: 157
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 1:54:50 PM   
darth silas

quote:

Best show on TV! Erm...Lost, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Vamp Diaries, Castle, Glee all better IMO

Of those shows you mention,i watch only Lost,and iv been on the verge of giving up on that for a while but am seeing it through to the end as THE end is only a few episodes away.

Seriously though,you think Glee(a song and dance show isnt it?) is better than 24???

Post #: 158
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 2:16:20 PM   
vader100

I've been a big critic of this season, it definitely doesn't rank anywhere close to being the best but that episode was excellent. Just proves the writers can pull it out of the bag when needed. Hopefully this will now spur it onto an excellent send off for Jack.

You can't take the sky from me

Post #: 159
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/4/2010 5:51:53 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

Of those shows you mention,i watch only Lost,and iv been on the verge of giving up on that for a while but am seeing it through to the end as THE end is only a few episodes away.

Seriously though,you think Glee(a song and dance show isnt it?) is better than 24???

Better then this season by a mile.

Post #: 160
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/4/2010 10:05:56 AM   
CORLEONE

It's still a very good show.

RENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 161
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/4/2010 12:07:23 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

It's still a very good show.

RENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a great series, and it's going to get even better now Jack is mad. Very mad.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 162
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/4/2010 4:18:17 PM   
theoriginalcynic

That was a really good episode (esp the last fifteen minutes) but the first half of the season was really poor.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 163
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/4/2010 7:07:16 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Great to see Charles Logan back. And he's not changed a bit. Still a devious little snake.

Post #: 164
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/4/2010 7:30:21 PM   
darth silas

Any russians in the city of new york may want to leave now.Jack Bauer is about to declare war on them!

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 165
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 27/4/2010 5:35:10 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

While i agree that the writers have recycled certain ideas and themes throughout the series,it is still far and away the best show on tv in my opinion.From episode 11 onwards this season has been absolutely fantastic.While its been action packed,its also done what i believe what 24 does best,bring up moral dilemmas that make you question what is the right course of action.Im on U.S speed right now and without giving away anything,Predident Taylor is forced to make a tough choice between justice and the greater good,and what Jack is facing upto right now...well,you have to see it..

Seconded!!! I'm on US speed aswell but didn't comment on last weeks nailbiter. Really can't wait to see what in store when i sit don to watch it tonight. I'm with you, its has been by far one of the best seasons of 24, a real slow burner that has gained momentum and is really heading for one hell of a showdown. I for one will be absolutly gutted when it finishes, but all good things must come to an end. its just great its finishing on such a high. Strangely enough, i also agree with you on Lost, and its the only other tv show i watch. With only a few episodes left, it seems to be really dragging things out and i'm not sure the makers really know how to finish it. There's beeen some great episodes this season, but not many

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 166
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/4/2010 8:46:24 AM   
Timon

Fuck me. Jack just can't seem to catch a break, can he?

Still any man that can do the horizontal rumba despite being stabbed and with a recent rape victim as well, no less, commands your attention.

And Logan....he looks like a toad.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 167
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/4/2010 10:58:13 AM   
Sinatra

SPOILERS

Why did they have to kill her off though.....  she was a great character and I'd hoped they would have included her in any future film version. A real shame.

But, Jack is going to go seriously crazy now....

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 168
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/4/2010 11:08:03 AM   
Timon

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 169
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/4/2010 9:48:31 PM   
indysgill

Love that pic.

For some reason i think Timon's av sums up alot of what Jack will do in the next few episodes.

Well, i hope he does.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 170
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 3/5/2010 10:35:16 AM   
vader100

Just caught up on the last couple of episodes. This is proper 24 now. Killing off main characters, Jack's mad and on the warpath, the President has hard choices to make, bringing back one of the best characters and he's still as slimy as ever.

Really hope Logan gets his comeuppance, all about him and his personal gain, same as it always was.

I was exasperated when they popped up with ANOTHER inside man to kill off Samir, I mean seriously, who carries out the security checks for these jobs? Then they killed off Renee and it was back to the good stuff. What does Jack need to do to get a break?

With the sudden jump into brilliance it seems the writers had the stuff for a decent half series and all the fluff and padding in the first half was all they could find to stretch it out a bit.

You can't take the sky from me

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 171
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 3/5/2010 11:25:21 AM   
paul.mccluskey

I bet Logan is going to try and get rid of Jack before the day is over.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 172
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 3/5/2010 2:57:07 PM   
Lang

I was quite surprised jack didn't try n bust out Dana as she has all the info that Jack needs.

SPOILERS

The scene with Logan lecturing the President on why she should keep russian involvement a secret, that reminded me of the scene from the Dark Knight as The Joker poisoned Harvey Dents mind in the hospital.

Post #: 173
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 7/5/2010 9:01:44 AM   
primebhoy

Finally caught up with this over the past week (had about 9 episodes to watch). Having gotten bored during the first part of the series, its sure kicked off, and had a few OMG moments. Hassan and Renee being the biggest ones!!

I want Jack to rip Dana to bits, but on a side note, how evil does she look when she's in the interogation room and stares at the CCTV camera, her eyes look huge, and full of evil!!!!

Looking forward to the last few episodes, hoping it ends on a high!!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 174
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 16/5/2010 6:08:20 PM   
paul.mccluskey

It's funny that the body of the parole officer hasn't been found yet!

Tonight's episode is gonna be ace!

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 175
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 16/5/2010 7:47:38 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

It's funny that the body of the parole officer hasn't been found yet!

Tonight's episode is gonna be ace!

I have been thinking that too, some one must have noticed a smell by now!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

Post #: 176
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 17/5/2010 8:12:13 AM   
jonson

I guess it depends how long it takes a body to start smelling. It was only about 9 hours ago in 24 time 

SPOILERS FOR LAST NIGHTS SHOW

I accidentally slipped into the US speed thread the other week so I knew Jack was going to kill Dana,. however it still came as a surprise to me. Jack is all about revenge now, he's well off the rails.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 177
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 17/5/2010 9:51:15 AM   
jediwarrior

Yeah for a moment I didn't think he was going to kill her, and maybe just knock her out but then I thought shit he's going to do it.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 178
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 17/5/2010 2:24:48 PM   
livewire

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Yeah for a moment I didn't think he was going to kill her, and maybe just knock her out but then I thought shit he's going to do it.

Actually glad he did. Knew once he cornered her it was coming. flashbacks of Nina. Awesome.

He's deffinately lost the plot at the minute although to be fair, 8 days in, is anyone suprised?

can't see where it's going to end but can deffinately see the momentum leaving the show as we get nearer to the end

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 179
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 17/5/2010 3:29:54 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Welcome back 24 - that was the best episode this season.  

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI