Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

24 Season 8 - UK Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 8 - UK Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 7/1/2010 4:22:59 PM   
Sinatra

This is due to start ok Sky1 on Sunday 24th, one week behind the States.
Can't blooming wait... I quite enjoyed Season 7.

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 7/1/2010 4:24:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 7/1/2010 4:24:26 PM   
jcthefirst

As did I. But anything was an improvement on 6.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 2
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 8/1/2010 8:31:49 AM   
primebhoy

were apparently getting double bills for the first 3 weeks to bring us up to speed with the american audiences.

BRING IT ON!!!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 3
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 8/1/2010 8:43:40 AM   
HughesRoss

The new cut trailer looks great, but the credit line "All he needs is to survive his last day" surely means that this IS the last season....despite reports that a day 9 is possible!

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 4
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 8/1/2010 6:07:17 PM   
Virgil Brigman

I love this show, have been watching it since it started on BBC 2 in 2002 and have practically worn out my DVD boxsets and think Jack Bauer is a legend, but I think maybe the time has come for the show to end. I still think it's great, a couple of blips aside (some of season four and season six), but with seven being a good return to form and with eight looking good and dealing with a peace process with the Middle East, maybe the time has come for Jack Bauer to go off, have a toilet break and get a good night's sleep.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attackships on fire of the shoulder of Orion. I've seen c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain. Time to Die.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 5
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 8/1/2010 6:47:47 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

The new cut trailer looks great, but the credit line "All he needs is to survive his last day" surely means that this IS the last season....despite reports that a day 9 is possible!

I remember reading in a magazine during the summer of last year that Day 8 would be the final season.

If it is, then I'm glad. As much as I love 24, I really want to see it go out on a high. I'd hate to see it still on TV in like another 5 years time. The idea of something like 24 Season 13 is terrible. By then it'll have become embarrassing.

One-off TV movies like Redemption would be fine every few years though.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 8/1/2010 6:48:04 PM >

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 6
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 9/1/2010 1:21:59 AM   
The Mighty

I don't think season is officially the final season, although the creators have said that they would like to see it end after season 8, followed by a movie? It all depends on how well the show does in the ratings, and how much keeping Keifer would cost next year. Last I heard, season 8 is the last season he is contracted for. Considering how well the show does for FOX, he could demand a lot of money to be kept around.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 7
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 12/1/2010 6:24:36 PM   
darth silas

Did anyone else laugh at the shot of Jack Bauer on page 164 of the mag this month? Jack looks like a giant thats terrorizin the big apple! Maybe the season should be subtitled ''Honey i blew up the Bauer''!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 8
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/1/2010 11:16:04 PM   
Sleepy

Well Jack is back! And good start to the season. Liking the fact that this season Jack appears to be caring about himself again and wants to have a future i.e. with Kim and his impossibly cute granddaughter - as much as I enjoyed season 7, he really went about at it like the Terminator at times. And it was a nice touch to see Chloe being the one that presses Jack to help out.

Also interesting to see them push the future angle further, I think it has been mentioned this Day is set in 2015. Means they can get away with showing off some fancy equipment - and the fact they appear to have switched sponsors from Dell to Apple :)

The one thing slightly against is Dana Walsh. Maybe it's because I'm used to her (Katee Sackhoff ) smoking a cigar and saying frak, but I am a bit concerned about were they are going to take her character with this whole dirty little secret/different life sub-plot. Hopefully it will fit in well with the overall story and not come across as being thrown in to just give us a break from explosions and Jack Bauer ass kicking.

But happy so far.

When it comes to the evil intentions of man, I'm always optimistic.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 9
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 24/1/2010 11:18:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I thought it was an excellent opening double bill. We got to see the old favourite characters plus Starbuck (Battlestar), Horrace (Lost) and Mr Gellar.

It was clever how Jack was allowed to check on his lead at the end. But in reality, he's retired and he'd just walk away. This is probably gonna be the last one as Keifer isn't contracted after this. I was looking forward to seeing renee but sadly she didn't make an appearance...

Really enjoyed the start to day 8 though.

(in reply to Sleepy)
Post #: 10
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 25/1/2010 9:29:29 AM   
primebhoy

I thought it was an alright start to the series, it all just looked a little too 'shiny' for me tho, CTU resembled a call centre in how it looked and how it was run (lean and mean!)

I couldnt understand how Chloe for the last few seasons is this techno geek and all of a sudden is not as good on the computers as everyone else???

Jack was good, and think Freddie Prince Jnr will be a good addition to the cast, but was I the only one who everytime President Hussan came on was waiting for him to say 'For 1million Rupees, who is the thrird muskateer??'

Hope it gets better tho as i really do love the show!

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 11
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 25/1/2010 12:47:24 PM   
CORLEONE

Great start. Classic 24 moment with the rocket laucher. Good to see Eugene Tooms from the X-Files playing a baddie. I think Freddie Prinze might be more endearing than Chase Edmunds too.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 12
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 25/1/2010 4:07:28 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Jack was good, and think Freddie Prince Jnr will be a good addition to the cast, but was I the only one who everytime President Hussan came on was waiting for him to say 'For 1million Rupees, who is the thrird muskateer??'

Same !

Great start to Day 8. I'm now wondering who the reporter was talking to since the President's brother is a villain.

And what's the deal with Freddie Prinze Jr.'s love interest? She has a shady past anyway. My line manager thinks she is the CTU mole.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 13
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 25/1/2010 4:34:58 PM   
alabamaworley

I really enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes - plenty of action and intrigue and it was fun seeing all the shiny new gadgets.  Couldn't help feeling sorry for poor Jack though - he was all content and mellow and he gets dragged back in again...

I may have to boycott it though if either of the following happen:

Kim gets kidnapped (same goes for the little moppet)
Someone in CTU turns out to be a mole

Otherwise I am optomistic for a good series

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 14
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 26/1/2010 10:39:01 AM   
Virgil Brigman

I gotta say, I thought this was a great start for the season. Loved seeing a more mellow Jack, the scenes with him, Kim and the wee girl were lovely actually, you really want to see him have his family back, Freddie Prinze Jr was an unexpected joy as well, I wasn't expecting much from him but I think he could turn out to be a season highlight, the new CTU is cool, although is anyone else expecting new boss Hastings to stop talking about terrorist plots and start rattling on about the history of shrimp?

Not too sure about Katie Sackhoff, storyline especially. Could turn out to be the sub plot we'd rather all forget about, but I'll be optimistic for now. The bursts of action throughout were terrifically staged (axes, helicopters, missile launchers), all good. My only hesistancy is, after spending last season getting away from CTU and the old style of the show, does anyone else think it was a bit redundant now that we're back there, albeit in a different location. Plus, the villains are foreign, again. Arabs and Russians again to boot. That part seemed a bit samey, plus seeing Tooms from The X Files take the family hostage at the end of the second hour seems like it could be a bit similar to the whole thing involving Kal Penn in season six.

Small nags aside, the opening two hours were hugely entertaining and tremendously gripping at times, I hope they manage to keep it up.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attackships on fire of the shoulder of Orion. I've seen c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain. Time to Die.

(in reply to alabamaworley)
Post #: 15
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/1/2010 10:23:58 AM   
Blunderbuss

I've only caught up with the first hour so far and overall it wasn't a bad start.  My only major niggle was the gunfight in the alleyway where Jack hid behind what appeared to be a conveniently placed bullet proof dumpster.  Its certainly the only explanation for why the bad guys managed to shoot at least one of the cops through the door of his patrol car but not hit Jack through a couple of layers of thin dumpster steel.

I know 24 isn't meant to be the most realistic of shows but some sort of internal logic within the course of a single scene isn't too much to ask is it?

I did enjoy Jack's use of the fire axe though.  Nicely done...

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to Virgil Brigman)
Post #: 16
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/1/2010 11:45:37 AM   
Zaphod121

Enjoyed the start of Day 8, but is it me or does the new CTU look like something out of Star Trek?

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 17
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 28/1/2010 3:41:03 PM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Enjoyed the start of Day 8, but is it me or does the new CTU look like something out of Star Trek?

Have they at any point said that it's set in 2015??! I thought I read somewhere that this would be the implication (hence all the fancy gadgets), but they haven't mentioned anything yet!

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 18
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 30/1/2010 1:36:19 AM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Could have something to do with the fact that executive producers Manny Coto and Brannon Braga worked on Star Trek:Enterprise

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 19
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 30/1/2010 7:11:42 PM   
Timon

Plus, following the 24 timeline, it must be about 2015 by now if Season 1 was set in 2001/2002....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 20
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 31/1/2010 9:16:56 PM   
Manny

Herc!!!!!!

Now he's fk'n it up in 24

< Message edited by Manny -- 31/1/2010 9:18:25 PM >

"Babylon fives a big pile of ..."

The winky faced smily is the mark of a moron ;)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 21
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 31/1/2010 11:02:10 PM   
theoriginalcynic

That was a shock at the end, I did not expect her to do that!

(in reply to Manny)
Post #: 22
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 10:07:49 AM   
CORLEONE

Looks like Rene learned something from her time with Jack

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 23
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 10:27:25 AM   
primebhoy

Great couple of episdoes last night, jack on form again, and renee going all psycho on us!

Really think the FPJ is going to be a great cast member (although was I the only one thinking he might have met an expected early exit when he rammed the Presidents car out the way!)

Not sure how the Dana/Jenny sub story is going to pan out, but it better be good because at the moment it is the only bad point of the show so far, it just seems really out of place with the rest of the storyline.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 24
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 10:42:49 AM   
Timon

I'm not used to Katee Sackhoff being pushed around so much. I was half expecting her to go 'all Starbuck' and lamp the guy. Starbuck doesn't stand for physical and emotional abuse... unless she's causing it!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 25
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 11:40:26 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

I was just mega thrilled to see Sark from Alias pop up... here's hoping (and thinking) he's a major character in the next few 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 26
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 4:45:36 PM   
primebhoy

Is he the same guy that was in heroes? Adam munro character??

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 27
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 4:56:59 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Think so yeah, that was my way of explaining to my mum and dad who he was as they have no idea what Alias is 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 28
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 8:17:47 PM   
indysgill

Jack should have fucked up that bald copper some more, rather than letting Harold break it up.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 29
RE: 24 Season 8 - UK Speed - 1/2/2010 9:16:02 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I'm not used to Katee Sackhoff being pushed around so much. I was half expecting her to go 'all Starbuck' and lamp the guy. Starbuck doesn't stand for physical and emotional abuse... unless she's causing it!

She probably doesnt want to be typecast as a ''tough bitch'' for the rest of her career.Im glad shes playing a softer character in 24.She looks a lot more pretty now as well rather than trying to act like ''one of the guys'' on that awful Battlestar show.

But yes,good couple of episodes so far.Renee is ace and looks like she could prove to be quite a handful for Jack to control for the rest of the season.I just hope that with the nuclear materials the russians are trying to sell doesnt mean Jack is going to be chasing nukes for the rest of the day AGAIN.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 8 - UK Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI