Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It's Complicated - 7/1/2010 4:08:20 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/1/2010 4:08:20 AM   
nc_jj

Nice cast, but the film is nothing extraordinary.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 9/1/2010 12:21:06 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

Empire's comment in the newsletter saying "It’s simple actually. Your mum’ll probably like it." is absolutely true. I saw it with my mum and SHE liked it. Well, I thought it was a bit boring...

Post #: 3
- 6/2/2010 6:47:09 PM   
Big Stevie

Is this the greatest film ever made? No, of course not. What it is, is a gentle witty (although with a couple of laugh-out-loud bits) chick-flick that is just entertaining enough for the guys
Go and see it - it's a bit of fun

Post #: 4
- 10/2/2010 9:24:13 AM   
duncan1964

Incredibly flimsy romantic comedy that completely forgets to include any comedy. A divorced Streep starts an affair with her ex-husband and hilarity fails to ensue. Its not helped by the complete lack of sexual chemistry between all three of the big name leads

Post #: 5
- 10/2/2010 9:24:14 AM   
duncan1964

Incredibly flimsy romantic comedy that completely forgets to include any comedy. A divorced Streep starts an affair with her ex-husband and hilarity fails to ensue. Its not helped by the complete lack of sexual chemistry between all three of the big name leads

Post #: 6
- 21/2/2010 12:45:31 PM   
Francis46

I agree with previous sentiments in that this film will probably appeal most to ladies at a certain point in life. I personally found watching this film to be a tedious almost painful process, It does have its moments but from my point of view it never really took off. This is not to say that others would not enjoy it.

Post #: 7
- 28/4/2010 7:05:54 PM   
djphilips

It's rather unfair to describe It's Complicated as a romantic comedy, as it corrects the typical mistakes of the genre so well that it would be an insult to do so. The writing is the ultimate surprise here; cardboard characters are nowhere to be found, sentimentality is well-handled and the film is pretty funny quite a few times. The message at the core, although mostly the same as what you'd expect, is delivered so well to the audience that it doesn't feel stuffed down your throat and actually matters.
The cast is very, very able. Meryl Streep compliments the clever writing impeccably, Adam Baldwin follows her example perfectly, while John Krasinski is a real joy to watch here. Although Steve Martin can be downright creepy in a few scenes (heart-to-heart talks are clearly not his forte), he pulls it off in a suitable manner and doesn't leave quite a bad aftertaste.
It's Complicated is technically a three-star film, but since it's the only worthy romantic comedy in a LONG, long while, I'm willing to be generous.

Post #: 8
Boring. - 4/5/2010 3:37:17 PM   
joanna likes films

Title says all, it's boring and hardly funny at all. Couldn't really feel anything for the characters, I found them either annoying or just really stupid. It's no masterpiece or life-changing, the pefomances from a very well known cast was so-so but what was going on screen was a little creepy. I wouldn't really recommend it for my mum, she doesn't find rom-coms like these entertaining.

Post #: 9
Boring. - 4/5/2010 3:37:18 PM   
joanna likes films

Title says all, it's boring and hardly funny at all. Couldn't really feel anything for the characters, I found them either annoying or just really stupid. It's no masterpiece or life-changing, the pefomances from a very well known cast was so-so but what was going on screen was a little creepy. I wouldn't really recommend it for my mum, she doesn't find rom-coms like these entertaining.

Post #: 10
It's Complicated: Very Enjoyable. - 30/6/2010 11:15:19 PM   
LUCASLITTLEWOOD

Although this may be a girly film it was so funny! The comedy was genius and the cast were amazing. The story was very well written and the cast worked off each other really well. I never thought I would like a film that had Steve Martin in but it was great. I was impressed that the story didn't have a typical Hollywood ending with everyone kissing and making up. Luckily I cannot see a sequel as I don't think that it would be right and I don't think that it would work very well.

Post #: 11
- 3/11/2010 12:20:15 PM   
reminn

Average.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> It's Complicated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI