Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

How To Make $1Billon At The Box Office

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> How To Make $1Billon At The Box Office Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How To Make $1Billon At The Box Office - 6/1/2010 12:18:45 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 7/1/2010 4:04:44 PM   
Chrisseh

quote:

ORIGINAL: lona_no_friends

So basically make a film that doesn't aspire to tell a decent story or conform to any of those rules for actually making a heartfelt film and go for something that idiots will love. Good

No sh!t sherlock. This isn't a how to make a fantastic film article, its a how to make a crap load of money article. Not everyone in the world is a keen eye movie critic.

A good way to end an email, is to just stop mid sentence. It makes you look mysterious and people will always

Post #: 2
RE: It's hard to agree that there is a formula. - 24/5/2012 1:39:47 PM   
Evil_Bob

"Debatable religious figures"

Presuming of course that we are talking about Jesus and The Passion of the Christ (just sneaked in as well at number 64) I would like to point out that its not debatable that Jesus is a religious figure.
He is.
Whether he existed or not is also not debatable.
He did.
What is debatable is whether he was the son of God and performed miracles etc etc
He didn't

Either way I appreciate the sentiment. I had lolz.

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

Post #: 3
RE: Puny film snobs. - 24/5/2012 5:21:03 PM   
Whistler

Negative comment!
Post #: 4
RE: Shot in Australia? - 24/5/2012 11:32:49 PM   
Evil_Bob

[
quote:

Titanic may be a historical event - but the movie is basically female fantasy. Repressed girl meets guy who opens her horizons and helps her to become the person she wants to be. They engage in a brief but passionate romance. Then he dies (meaning his memory will never be tarnished) and she struggles on becoming a better and deeper person as a result. PURE. FEMALE. FANTASY.

If thats how you're definining it then there isn't a film on the entire All time box office list from 1-1000 that isn't fantasty to some description.
You know right well what they're talking about with calling Titanic non-fantasy. Apart from the obvious historical settings it features characters that have no magical powers, no extraordinary abilities, are clearly human, not animated, non-extra terrestrial and have events happen to them that while unlikely are not beyond the realm of possibility.
As saccharine as it sounds people do fall in love every day and people do have tumultuos relationships, often rendered difficult by their family circumstances so in that regard it isn't fantasy nor is it that uncommon.
And seeing as the craziest thing that happens to them in that movie is a historic disaster that did occur to several thousand real people then including it as a non-fantasy film is quite obvious.
But you knew that already didn't you?

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

Post #: 5
RE: - 28/5/2012 1:34:21 PM   
Rebecca Juan

Hey,
It's very effective.
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> How To Make $1Billon At The Box Office Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI