Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Glee - C4 Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 11/5/2011 12:41:49 PM   
spark1

better barbra than gaga.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 661
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/5/2011 4:53:16 PM   
Jeffrey

It's official - Sky have bought the rights to Glee. 

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 662
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/5/2011 5:13:04 PM   
MI Cruise

I dont really mind but then again I have Sky

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 663
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/5/2011 10:39:09 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Early reports say they paid 12 million for one series.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 664
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/5/2011 10:43:37 PM   
elab49

I wonder how much of the audience will go with it. Glee do the economic downturn?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 665
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 17/5/2011 10:46:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

One of my mates said, 'It's time to get sky' but why bother? You might as well wait for the box set.  It's not worth 12 million that's for sure.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 666
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 19/5/2011 11:49:32 AM   
kathryn2

Yeah, I've already been getting Glee from my American Auntie because otherwise I get spoiled by the time the episodes air hear.....

Post #: 667
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/5/2011 12:09:10 PM   
spark1

it not doing well on c4 as it has on e4 must of been a factor in c4's not buying s3.

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 668
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/5/2011 3:00:18 PM   
Cruisecontroller

That Ladfy Gaga episode the week before last only had one Lady Gaga song in it so I don`t know why they refferred to it as that in the media. Plus Kirk was cringemaking with his "Everythings As If We Never Said Goodbye"from Sunset Boulvard singing on his return. I know it was a big moment for the character but that was a bit too camp for me and another cringe making moment. Despite that it still makes me laugh and I liked them dealing with OCD that was good. I recognised the therapist she played Tom Hanks wife in Apollo 13 but I can`t remember her name? Haven`t seen this weeks episode yet. Shame its going to Sky for those on Freeview. I doubt it will be on Sky 3.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 669
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 2/6/2011 11:00:46 PM   
TheGodfather

Glee - Season 2
The second season of singing highschool kids was not as good as the first. The newiness (is that even a word?  :curious ) is gone and with that some of its surprise. The storylines aren`t as good either and often drag on too long, making it a tad boring at times.
On the other hand: I did like this season`s choice of music better than I did in the first season
It sure is a fun watch but for the third season I do hope they refind some of that freshness from the first season.

7,8/10

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 670
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 2/6/2011 11:34:07 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGodfather

The newiness (is that even a word?  :curious )

I think you mean newness :)

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 671
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 3/6/2011 12:14:00 AM   
paul_ie86

I actually think it's really improved in the last stretch of the season with something resembling coherent arcs for Santana and Karofsky.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 672
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/6/2011 4:28:48 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Oh it was sad and for once touching in a way that wasn`t too sickly when Sue Slyvesters sister with Downs Syndrome died in the show last night. Got to hand it to the actress who plays her she was terrific revealing her venerable side she normally puts up a front to hide. Did make me laugh when her mean side came through and she tried to get the Glee club on a flight to Libya and not to the Nationals! This show still has a lot going for it with some great musical numbers, comedy and some touching scenes I just wish they`d lay off the smaultz a bit. Plus Kurt is just too much of a fussy princess he grates on me. Season finale next week I think. I just hope they do more episodes that are either touching like last night or funny like the Brittany Spears episode and it doesn`t end up like other once great shows from the US that either got to soppy or silly like Ally McBeal or Ugly Betty.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 673
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/6/2011 4:33:48 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

I actually think it's really improved in the last stretch of the season with something resembling coherent arcs for Santana and Karofsky.

I`m sorry but I`m not convinced by Santana becoming a lesbian this season. You are always gay you don`t become it but the way she showed (unless I missed something) no gay tendencies last season and then fell for Brittany this year didn`t really gel with me. Ok some teenagers can find them selves in their late teens attracted to someone of the same sex for the first time having not been drawn to that dateing team before I just didn`t find it very beleivable but this is Glee after all not real life.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 674
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/6/2011 9:10:08 PM   
TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGodfather

The newiness (is that even a word?  :curious )

I think you mean newness :)

Yeah that

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 675
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/6/2011 9:13:01 PM   
TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

Oh it was sad and for once touching in a way that wasn`t too sickly when Sue Slyvesters sister with Downs Syndrome died in the show last night. Got to hand it to the actress who plays her she was terrific revealing her venerable side she normally puts up a front to hide.

That was one of the best bits of the 2 seasons so far. Truly touching.

I also liked in the last part of the season how more and more they wrote in bits of recent news, like the Royal Wedding.
When Kurt said he`s working on his own Pippa Middleton musical "Pip, Pip Hooray", that really cracked me up

Post #: 676
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 8/6/2011 1:05:35 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

I`m sorry but I`m not convinced by Santana becoming a lesbian this season. You are always gay you don`t become it but the way she showed (unless I missed something) no gay tendencies last season and then fell for Brittany this year didn`t really gel with me. Ok some teenagers can find them selves in their late teens attracted to someone of the same sex for the first time having not been drawn to that dateing team before I just didn`t find it very beleivable but this is Glee after all not real life.

the closeness between brittana was there in s1 so the writers were bound to go with it in s2.

Post #: 677
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 8/6/2011 1:15:33 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

There were comments made that Santana and Brittany occasionally had sex together in Season 1 as well, so it's not that new.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

Post #: 678
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 8/6/2011 5:01:59 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

There were comments made that Santana and Brittany occasionally had sex together in Season 1 as well, so it's not that new.

Oh okay I must have missed that or not taken it in. Fair enough.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 679
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:21:31 PM   
theoriginalcynic

So Glee returned on Sky1 tonight, can we get this thread re-named mods?

Britney "I have peperoni in my bra" "Those are your nipples" lmao! Her water sign line was great too.  I wondered why the cheerleaders were dancing with Blaine but all became clear.  Quinn's new transformation probably won't last too long but she looked se-xy as a rock chick

Two of the regulars are juniors (hu-hum) so they'll be around next year.  And it was nice to see Lynsey from the Glee Project.  Ryan (creator) said she wasn't vunerable enough for the show, so they cast her as someone who's better than Rachel lol. 

Post #: 680
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:26:46 PM   
MI Cruise

Glee was awesome tonight, last season was slightly hit and miss and hopefully this year they will try to keep a level of consistency. I always smile when watching Glee its just a show that cheers you up.
Quinn's slutty looking transformation was good but she looked cute the way she used to be so Im hoping she returns to her old self and re-joins the Glee club.

Post #: 681
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:28:32 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Noooooooo. Had no idea this was back on. Is it repeaated? Series 2 was awful, singing for the sake of it with little relavence to the plot. It's Murphy though and he created Nip Tuck so I'm gonna give S3 4 eps to win me back. Series 1 was brilliant, never been more dissapointed in a second series since Heroes.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 682
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:32:46 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Noooooooo. Had no idea this was back on. Is it repeaated? Series 2 was awful, singing for the sake of it with little relavence to the plot. It's Murphy though and he created Nip Tuck so I'm gonna give S3 4 eps to win me back. Series 1 was brilliant, never been more dissapointed in a second series since Heroes.

Don't worry it's being repeated tomorrow night at 10pm on Sky1

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 683
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:34:50 PM   
theoriginalcynic

And it's a really good episode, so fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 684
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:37:52 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I hope so, like I said I loved season 1. To be honest I took a massive dislike to all the stuff with Kurk is S2. Now don't get me wrong, it's great what they're doing, raising awareness and all that but at times it felt like I was being smacked in the face. That's coming from a gay guy myself. I think they went way ott with all of that. Thats just my opinion though.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 685
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:41:18 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

I hope so, like I said I loved season 1. To be honest I took a massive dislike to all the stuff with Kurk is S2. Now don't get me wrong, it's great what they're doing, raising awareness and all that but at times it felt like I was being smacked in the face. That's coming from a gay guy myself. I think they went way ott with all of that. Thats just my opinion though.

I also thought that storyline was handled badly as well as Kurt was also to blame. Glee needs to stay focused this season and not go OTT with their storylines, Im also looking forward to seeing any new characters that they will be bringing in future episodes.

Post #: 686
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:43:54 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I have to agree.  They should show his relationship without making such a big deal about it.  Then again this is America, maybe the point needs ramming home that there's nothing wrong with being gay.  That's coming from a straight guy

Post #: 687
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:44:54 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

quote:

I also thought that storyline was handled badly as well as Kurt was also to blame. Glee needs to stay focused this season and not go OTT with their storylines, Im also looking forward to seeing any new characters that they will be bringing in future episodes.

I'm glad you said that. He was actually quite vile throughout some of the season. He practically stalked Finn, some of it was quite cringe inducing to be honest. Murphy did a good job of addressing it though. I just wish the gay character couldnt be someone like Puck. Not all gay blokes are raging queens are effemenite prepppies like Blaine. It seems to want to break sterotype but actually it just enforces it.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 688
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:55:03 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

quote:

I'm glad you said that. He was actually quite vile throughout some of the season. He practically stalked Finn, some of it was quite cringe inducing to be honest. Murphy did a good job of addressing it though. I just wish the gay character couldnt be someone like Puck. Not all gay blokes are raging queens are effemenite prepppies like Blaine. It seems to want to break sterotype but actually it just enforces it.

I guess it does end up enforcing sterotypes however the show is about a group of outsiders who dont fit in with everyone else and being stereotypically gay is what makes Kurt vunerable in the school seeing as he is the only openly gay student there.

Post #: 689
RE: Glee - Sky1 Speed - 22/9/2011 11:59:30 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah, you could argue that.I guess there's those who see it was all relavent but I found he brought a lot of it, not all of it, on himself. Obviously the bullying was awful but he's not that liekable as a character generally. I'm just on that side of the fence I suppose.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI