Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Glee - C4 Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 5/4/2011 5:59:07 PM   
Ref

Didn't like any of the songs last night - friggin' Justin Bieber?!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 631
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/4/2011 12:34:25 PM   
jediwarrior

I agree from someone who'd never heard a Justin Bieber song before (thankfully) I sat there being quite bored by the song choice.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 632
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 7/4/2011 12:53:47 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

loving lauren- she's not much of a singer but she kicked santana's ass!

Yeah, I like Lauren

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 633
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 8/4/2011 11:23:17 AM   
kathryn2

Way to miss the point of the Bieber stuff - it wasn't about his (mediocre but catchy) songs, but the apparent hysteria he causes in teenage girls.
It was essentially a piss-take of 'Bieber fever'. I thought it was hilarious, personally - but then I went through the boyband stage as a teenage girl, so I recognised the symptoms!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 634
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 10/4/2011 12:17:13 AM   
Ref

I don't think we're missing the point, we're just stating we didn't like the songs. I understand the whole 'boyband' hysteria, but it doesn't mean that I'll enjoy the music.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 635
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 14/4/2011 11:56:48 AM   
primebhoy

Just seen the Bieber episode... Return to form for me!

Rachel bashing - check
Sue anectdotes - check
Brittnay one liners - check
Broadway duet - check (These are always the best performances in every episode)
Group song @ end - check

I've got a bit of a softspot for the two beiber numbers that were done, so quite enjoyed them too.

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 636
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 14/4/2011 1:58:07 PM   
theoriginalcynic

This weeks ep was the best ep in aaaggggeeeessss. Bring on the drunken-ness :)

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 637
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 15/4/2011 12:53:48 PM   
spark1

sky wants 'glee'-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s57/glee/news/a314623/sky-enters-bidding-war-for-glee.html

here we go again.....

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 638
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 15/4/2011 1:38:52 PM   
wombathog

I know it's only Glee but still...Fucking Sky.  They won't be happy until they've they own every programme on telly, well except the shit on ITV of course.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 639
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 16/4/2011 11:37:05 PM   
Ref

FFS Sky!! Can you not leave us one programme?!

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 640
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/4/2011 12:42:27 PM   
spark1

santana stops being a 2 d high school plastic.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 641
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/4/2011 1:22:29 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The Puck storyline is ludicrous  It's worse than the Jimmy SL on Emmerdale (I don't actually watch that, it's on in the bg lol)

It was a so so episode last night, finished abruptly. 

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 642
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 20/4/2011 9:55:34 PM   
Ref

Must say the last episode was a tad boring for me. And I realise that the plot is not the main selling point of the show, but it's getting really quite predictable and repetitive.

Post #: 643
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 8:16:46 AM   
primebhoy

I actually quite like how the season has been panning out. They've got folk working together who bounce off each other well (Puck/lauren, Santana/Brittnay, Finn/Quinn, Rachel/Quinn, Schuster/Beist/Emma/Holly/Sue). The Puck/Lauren stuff is brill, and actually IMO quite believeable. Liked having Holly back again too.

People say the second season is weak, but other than the Songs, I actually think the plot has been on par, if not slightly more interesting than season 1.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 644
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 8:30:27 AM   
JV

I haven't really been enjoying this season that much but thought this week's episode was actually a return to form. Some of the scripting was brilliant - I particularly liked "My lips are sealed.... just like your legs".  I hadn't been too keen on Holly last time she was in it but I thought she was great this week.

I really liked the cover of Landslide that they did, and although Holly referred to the original Stevie Nicks version they did it Dixie Chicks style (hence they needed a third person to pull it off).

I liked the Santana plot twist. I notice that for once neither she nor Brittany were in cheerleader uniform when that little dialogue went down - perhaps they didn't want every male with a cheerleader fetish to spontaneously ejaculate so they toned it down.

I was shocked to find we're only a few episodes from season end though. Wowsers!

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 645
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 1:09:42 PM   
Funkyrae

They're not in cheerleader uniform now because they're not Cheerios anymore. Good to see them not in that uniform too!

I had to wonder, when Schu put up the notice to Holly about it being "too much". What was? Her casual but obvious sexuality or the singing of a Gary Glitter song to supposedly underage teens?

That's me that is!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 646
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 3:11:14 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

I actually quite like how the season has been panning out. They've got folk working together who bounce off each other well (Puck/lauren, Santana/Brittnay, Finn/Quinn, Rachel/Quinn, Schuster/Beist/Emma/Holly/Sue). The Puck/Lauren stuff is brill, and actually IMO quite believeable. Liked having Holly back again too.

People say the second season is weak, but other than the Songs, I actually think the plot has been on par, if not slightly more interesting than season 1.

The lauren / puck storyline is believable ...really? In what universe would he fancy her? It's a nice idea but the world (sadly) doesn't work like that.  There's no way Britney would like Artie either. 

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 647
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 3:27:41 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

quote:

The lauren / puck storyline is believable ...really? In what universe would he fancy her? It's a nice idea but the world (sadly) doesn't work like that.  There's no way Britney would like Artie either. 

true as that might be, Puck says he likes Lauren because she doesnt need anyone taking care of her and thats what Puck likes about her and Britney is slightly dim so she doesnt really look at people in a shallow way I guess and likes Artie for his personality.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

Post #: 648
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 21/4/2011 4:26:11 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It still wouldn't happen in real life.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 649
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 23/4/2011 1:34:47 PM   
Taizy

I haven't been that bothered by Glee this series if I'm honest but loved the last Paltrow episode so thought I'd watch this one - is it only me that has a problem with how sexual this was at 10.30am on Saturday morning??!  Daily Mail alert... but to be honest I'd jump on this bandwagon, was way too much :(

Some people call it stalking but it's just selective walking...

Post #: 650
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 23/4/2011 2:29:18 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

It still wouldn't happen in real life.

Living up to your name, I see.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 651
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 23/4/2011 3:56:31 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Lol but it's true, it's sooo far fetched.  But for some reason I keep watching, probably because of Quinn 

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 652
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 25/4/2011 10:48:22 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Saying that, it was a really good episode this week (they seem to be more hit than miss lately.)

I imagine the loser like me song will get a release.  What are they gonna do when they get too old to go to school? Replace the cast or follow them to college?  That would mean no Sue and no Will.  We've hardly seen the red headed teacher this year.  

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 25/4/2011 10:49:10 PM >

Post #: 653
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 25/4/2011 11:03:28 PM   
Ref

I agree with you, Cynic - a good episode tonight.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the idea was to stay with the school and have new glee members every time the class graduates or whatever they do in America.

Post #: 654
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/4/2011 9:20:56 AM   
theoriginalcynic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1D0v1uunU

Everybody sing now

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 655
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 26/4/2011 10:25:20 AM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

quote:

quote:

true as that might be, Puck says he likes Lauren because she doesnt need anyone taking care of her and thats what Puck likes about her and Britney is slightly dim so she doesnt really look at people in a shallow way I guess and likes Artie for his personality.

I agree, i think he likes her for her character and personality, she's very confident in her body and some guys go for that. Certainly from my days at school I always remember there being a 'miss-matched' couple and I guess thats why i can see this as believeable.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 656
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 27/4/2011 9:13:55 AM   
kathryn2

quote:

Lol but it's true, it's sooo far fetched.

I think you're underestimating the appeal of 'hard to get'.

There are guys out there who like big women, and Lauren is meant to be big STRONG rather than just big fat - some guys actually have wrestling fetishes, you know.

Post #: 657
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 27/4/2011 9:49:41 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Still don't buy it  Puck and Lauren - he was with Quinn last year. 

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 4/5/2011 10:24:23 PM >

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 658
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 4/5/2011 10:24:02 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Where did the soul singers and the orchestra come from?

Post #: 659
RE: Glee - C4 Speed - 5/5/2011 7:28:21 AM   
wombathog

quote:

Where did the soul singers and the orchestra come from?

And where did the storyline go? Maybe the price of the orchestra & choir meant they couldn't afford a writer this week.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Glee - C4 Speed Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI